Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (568212 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by aurakul: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hello everyone...I need help, im thinking of getting into this domain business but im not understanding it totally.I know you buy domains that you think people will need for a cheap price and hold it till someone who needs it comes by right? is there another thing i need to know
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chuksmad(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
elevatoria:

Kowledge is wisdom and wisdom makes money.
Knowing the right things to do at the right time is money now that you have known what makes good domain names. The next thing is patience. Just keep cool, things will soon workout for you. Just be vigilant, work had, study more, keep driving yourself and buy good domains when found one. Go to drop market and backorder good ones, Buy short quad domains and chinese will soon buy yours too.

Though it is not easy.

Cheers and be haopy.
@elevatoria
U never answer my question. The address to receive check from Godaddy, is it the post office address or your residential address?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
aurakul:
Hello everyone...I need help, im thinking of getting into this domain business but im not understanding it totally.I know you buy domains that you think people will need for a cheap price and hold it till someone who needs it comes by right? is there another thing i need to know

yes.
domain investment is broad there are other things too like parking, developing etc.

also in selling a domain will have outbound sale/contact (you contact end user) and inbound sale/contact (you wait for end user to come knocking on ur door).

read up this thread to understand domain investment, also google to learn more (google is very important). visit forums like namepros, blog etc.

Note: after checking the above and you don't have passion for domain investment look for other biz. else you may not grow. like my niga jamme... grin grin grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
Chibenze:

Note: after checking the above and you don't have passion for domain investment look for other biz. else you may not grow. like my niga jamme... grin grin grin
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
2sex:
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

lol. na joke i dey joke oh grin grin grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by eworm: 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Great post. But be careful not to register some one trade mark name, because if you do, you will be reported and if they can provide proof that the name is actually theirs, then the people you registered the domain will may have to give them the domain.

This kind of issues happened in Nigeria and the people that registered the .ng domains were accusing NiRA of selling their domains.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Chibenze:

lol. na joke i dey joke oh grin grin grin
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by aurakul: 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
Chibenze:

yes.
domain investment is broad there are other things too like parking, developing etc.

also in selling a domain will have outbound sale/contact (you contact end user) and inbound sale/contact (you wait for end user to come knocking on ur door).

read up this thread to understand domain investment, also google to learn more (google is very important). visit forums like namepros, blog etc.

Like how much money investment do I need to start?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
aurakul:
Like how much money investment do I need to start?
Depend on ur pocket like 2k, 10k, 100k, 500k, 1mil etc
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jammeyboy(m): 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
elevatoria:

Kowledge is wisdom and wisdom makes money.
Knowing the right things to do at the right time is money now that you have known what makes good domain names. The next thing is patience. Just keep cool, things will soon workout for you. Just be vigilant, work had, study more, keep driving yourself and buy good domains when found one. Go to drop market and backorder good ones, Buy short quad domains and chinese will soon buy yours too.

Though it is not easy.

Cheers and be haopy.
thanks for d encouragement.
i wont lie i still dont know what makes a good name.
All i now is short pronouncable names showing a product or service.
I wish i know more
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by louismarkin: 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Get quality domain name and web hosting service @

https://www.portalshost.com

Cheers!!!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by xsay(m): 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
@Chibenze how far? U don fit figure out which bank offer the lowest?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 7:08am On Feb 02, 2016
xsay:
@Chibenze how far? U don fit figure out which bank offer the lowest?
No bro cry
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by beckplanet: 11:32am On Feb 02, 2016
@chibenze, Elevatoria and co (All my oga's in the house pls how will a godaddy host locate you assuming your address is you University name will they call you on phone ?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 11:44am On Feb 02, 2016
beckplanet:
@chibenze, Elevatoria and co (All my oga's in the house pls how will a godaddy host locate you assuming your address is you University name will they call you on phone ?
i have no idea what you mean.
about ur check? i have not recieve a check from godaddy b4, i assume the check will be sent to your address or a nipost office close to you. the nipost officer may call you. maybe u can ask godaddy to send u the track no.

all what i said above are my opinion not base on my experience. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by elevatoria: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
beckplanet:

If your address is not locateable, please better change the address to a better one before a sale. because your address is very important in this regard.
You can either use a post office box or a close friend's address, so that when your cheque is issued, they can locate you and more so, your address will be written on the cheque.

Good luck.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by elevatoria: 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
@jammeyboy, you better stick to what you know, and trade within your experience and do not go beyond what you don't know, by so doing you can make your own cash. Even no professor on earth knows everything, they can only know much.
With all you have stated, you can make money.
As you are tradin; you continue reading from blog to blogs and be more puntual on namepros.com and dnforum.com

Cheers and good luck.

jammeyboy:

thanks for d encouragement.
i wont lie i still dont know what makes a good name.
All i now is short pronouncable names showing a product or service.
I wish i know more

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jammeyboy(m): 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
elevatoria:
@jammeyboy, you better stick to what you know, and trade within your experience and do not go beyond what you don't know, by so doing you can make your own cash. Even no professor on earth knows everything, they can only know much.
With all you have stated, you can make money.
As you are tradin; you continue reading from blog to blogs and be more puntual on namepros.com and dnforum.com

Cheers and good luck.

please indugle me, if u want to search for a good domain, what steps do u take.
I can also learn from dt.
please
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 1Dray(m): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by losprince(m): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
jammeyboy:

please
they have said this here times without number, as a beginner start with expiring domains goto [url]expireddomains.net[/url] if you see a name that you think is good, open google and google the name if google turns up about 4 to 5 or more websites using a similar domain name or using the word on their website that means the name could be sold to these websites... read chibenze's e book cool it says alot

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
losprince:
t

@ losprince am just seeing your free promo on developing a website free. is the promo still open? cry

i want to develop NigeriaGuardian dot com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by losprince(m): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
Chibenze:

@ losprince am just seeing your free promo on developing a website free. is the promo still open? cry

i want to develop NigeriaGuardian dot com
I'm currently developing a forum for someone and it requires commitment, but what is your nigeriangurdian all about? let me weigh me chances
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
losprince:
I'm currently developing a forum for someone and it requires commitment, but what is your nigeriangurdian all about? let me weigh me chances

like a news site where i share tips, information, gist, etc
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by severus(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
For all those who would love a successful career in modern technology and innovation, there is an online platform where you can Teach yourself how to build websites, mobile apps and do java programming, you can learn with 1000s of material and even study from your phone and get certificate to boost your CV. Also find out how you can make money and drive success with your ideas and skills. check it out at www.codelab.cf
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by elevatoria: 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
jammeyboy:

please

@jqmmeyboy, we are all learners and till end of live we shall continue to learn one thing or others. My advise for you is to follow trend when there are noice somewhere, please follow the trend. Like now the 6Ns .com is gathering momentum, if you try your best with hard work, you can still get them from drop market. See, there is no easy means of getting money. Keep trying what you may think is impossible could just be possible, don't be supprised that you could still find a grail domains.
See, what works for me may not likely be ok for you. What I do is to buy when there is noise and it is quite working for me.
7Ns.com registration is also gathering momentum now; if you are interested, this is the time to reg some, try to get some good parttern - without 0 or 4 and repeated numbers parttern are good and wait for the market to get to fruition which will soon happen. You can as well visit my blog www.cctldmarket.com and read articles from.time to time, things will soon workout if you continue searching. Please don't be in hurry you will not know when things will workout.ALL I have said can only be possible if you are very passionate in this business. Pls have it in mind that you will surelly loss some and gain some.

Lastly, before I forget, pls join namepros.com and dnforum.com, there are very good materials there to educate you and you will soon become great.
Learning takes proccess.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by elevatoria: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
Chibenze:

Is it in a blog format? If so, why not use blogger? or wordpress?
Presently your domain is a parked one, if you are ready to set it up on blogger, I can help you do that as soon as you wish.

But you have to be very careful with this domain as it looks like the nigerian guardian news trademarked domain. I know you have registered it before the guardian news came online, but they have been in existence in Nigeria before your registration. They might take you into litigation when the domain is making waves.
They are supposed to have bought it from.you before now.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by losprince(m): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Chibenze:

Replied your email
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jammeyboy(m): 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
elevatoria:

@jqmmeyboy, we are all learners and till end of live we shall continue to learn one thing or others. My advise for you is to follow trend when there are noice somewhere, please follow the trend. Like now the 6Ns .com is gathering momentum, if you try your best with hard work, you can still get them from drop market. See, there is no easy means of getting money. Keep trying what you may think is impossible could just be possible, don't be supprised that you could still find a grail domains.
See, what works for me may not likely be ok for you. What I do is to buy when there is noise and it is quite working for me.
7Ns.com registration is also gathering momentum now; if you are interested, this is the time to reg some, try to get some good parttern - without 0 or 4 and repeated numbers parttern are good and wait for the market to get to fruition which will soon happen. You can as well visit my blog www.cctldmarket.com and read articles from.time to time, things will soon workout if you continue searching. Please don't be in hurry you will not know when things will workout.ALL I have said can only be possible if you are very passionate in this business. Pls have it in mind that you will surelly loss some and gain some.

Lastly, before I forget, pls join namepros.com and dnforum.com, there are very good materials there to educate you and you will soon become great.
Learning takes proccess.
Cheers.
thanks bro.

I am already on namepros i will join the other one too
my prob on namepros is too many things dont know where to go i can not multitask
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
elevatoria:

Is it in a blog format? If so, why not use blogger? or wordpress?
Presently your domain is a parked one, if you are ready to set it up on blogger, I can help you do that as soon as you wish.

But you have to be very careful with this domain as it looks like the nigerian guardian news trademarked domain. I know you have registered it before the guardian news came online, but they have been in existence in Nigeria before your registration. They might take you into litigation when the domain is making waves.
They are supposed to have bought it from.you before now.

Cheers.

that will not be an issue as i already have backup cheesy

moreover it is generic too wink

if they want the name am ready to negotiate wink
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ollybode(m): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
My ogas in the house , please how do you get the contact email of end-users. Is it by checking whois info of their website or what?. What I observed is that some of the assumed "end-users" don't usually put their contact email on their site but a 'contact us form'.Am I to fill their contact form in to get their e-mail or i join their newsletter list. Please oga 2sex,chibenze,cpriest and the rest help me with this question. thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
ollybode:
My ogas in the house , please how do you get the contact email of end-users. Is it by checking whois info of their website or what?. What I observed is that some of the assumed "end-users" don't usually put their contact email on their site but a 'contact us form'.Am I to fill their contact form in to get their e-mail or i join their newsletter list. Please oga 2sex,chibenze,cpriest and the rest help me with this question. thanks

you get there email either from their site or whois (whois.com or who.is)

if you are not able to reach them via the above you can then use the contact form.

Good luck

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by akanbiolawale(m): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
hey brothers,how is business going for everyone? i hope good.
i just wanna ask for help on a little problem. i have a domain which i bought from godaddy since august last year and now i have someone interested in the domain. he sent me a private message on flippa. he wanna for $33 for it "though still persuading him to pay $40. but the problem is that,this will be my first sale and i don't know what kinda payment method will be the best and easiest method for me to use. looking forward to hearing from the gurus in the house. thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.