Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? (13051 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by dorggito1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
I ate meat for lunch today thou ve nt been takin meat on gud friday b4 nw dnt knw y i forgot dis year's own anyway, lord is our saviour!
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
koolguy88: i didn't eat meat today cos it's good Friday.

Hungry never worry you
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by 50calibre(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
CLIQBOY: you wan eat a whole K.F.C you mean you wan eat the company up?

Do you know that KFC is an acronym, do you know what they stand for? Look at the full meaning of the name and then reason.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by madjune(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
Got home a saw a surprise mr biggs barbecued chicken in my fridge (mr biggs best item) I rushed it hungrily and I'm seeing this post now.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by searay(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
Grasscutter and Dog meat.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by instaforexngr(m): 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
i just did that now
am not happy about it,
the meat sef dey taste like human being own
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Reference(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
50calibre: I'm going to eat KFC this night, because meat is nutritious. Jesus died so that we can be free.

True, the freedom thingy.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by gratiaeo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
cyara: I am an anglican and we don't practice such. I just finished eating meat with jollof rice just now
Hypocrisy!!! Anglicans have a better issue to deal with, abstaining from meat on good Friday is better than homosexual
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
ksam: Jesus has paid it all abi??see ur mouth...
Am not only abstaining frm meat,,am also depriving my self frm any sort of pleasure today as a sign of gratitude to him fr dieing on the cross of calvary just fr my sins..i dont care even if it will take me nt to eat today jst to say thank you to him,,
mstcheew, u myt as wel deprive urself fud al d days of ur lyf becos he gave u salvation. You hypocrites
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Reference(m): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
baby_mama: Yes I did

Urgh. Very unhealthy. Heart glue.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by gratiaeo(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
Abstaining from meat is not by force. We catholic, we valued our church doctrine as much as Gods commandments.

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by gratiaeo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
idnoble135:
mstcheew, u myt as wel deprive urself fud al d days of ur lyf becos he gave u salvation. You hypocrites
You are the real hypocrisy
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Reference(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
G.James:
i ate meat today after a very long time. But come to think of it, jesus actually told us to eat his meat

As often as we can in 'remembrance' of him. Is good friday not a special day of remembrance.?
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by italo: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
no

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by gratiaeo(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nawaoo! All this pentecostall churches self.
Me attend church founded by a Nigerian? God forbid bad thing
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by firstolalekan(m): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
[size=23pt]AS FOR ME, I DIDNT. I JUST TOOK TWO PORMOR.[/size]
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nwaoguta(m): 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
koolguy88: i didn't eat meat today cos it's good Friday.
sharap does d bible told u not 2 eat meat on the so called good friday?
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by dolphinife: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
If we are living by His grace and not by LAWS, why fasting and praying when JESUS has alredy fasted and prayed for us?
The Pente-rascal churches are doing more harm than good all in the name of poisoning people's mind.
Come to think of it, the Bible you people are even quoting and using up till today, who protected and preserve it up till today? Is it not the catholic Church
Since we are not bound by laws, why are the penterascal churches using wedding ring in church since the catholic church started it?
We should stop fooling ourselves over what some men of little knowledge of God teaches us

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by dolphinife: 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2013
If we are living by His grace and not by LAWS, why fasting and praying when JESUS has alredy fasted and prayed for us?
The Pente-rascal churches are doing more harm than good all in the name of poisoning people's mind.
Come to think of it, the Bible you people are even quoting and using up till today, who protected and preserve it up till today? Is it not the catholic Church
Since we are not bound by laws, why are the penterascal churches using wedding ring in church since the catholic church started it?
Such is life
We should stop fooling ourselves over what some men of little knowledge of God teaches us
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by kwajahafiz(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
I had for lunch. Broasted pork tenderloin on a bed of couscous..with grilled zuchini and brocoli florets.
washed down with half a bottle of mild spicy Australian pinot noir.

For Dinner I had Pan grilled Atlantic coho salmon and baked potatoe topped with sheep mozarella cheese and mild chedar cheese...washed down with a strong 1974 reserve vintage house port. And for desert. A sour dulut cream brule atop a lemon merengue . washed down with strong ethiopian coffe...and a good snifter serving of henry the 5th cognac....
now thats what I call a good friday.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by italo: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nwa oguta: sharap does d bible told u not 2 eat meat on the so called good friday?

Does the Bible tell us to "read the bible?"

Does the Bible even mention "Bible?"

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
I ate meat! The bible never told us not to!

All dis man-made doctrines sef!!!
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
dolphinife: If we are living by His grace and not by LAWS, why fasting and praying when JESUS has alredy fasted and prayed for us?
Such is life

Oh pls! The catholics never preserved and protected the bible up till today! Instead they "formed and moulded" their own bible to deceive the multitudes! grin
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by ChiSun27(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
simon gonner: as a catholic,no meat 4 me 2day..

meat neva hungry u....well.. U said as a catholic not as Christian.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
ChiSun27:

meat neva hungry u....well.. U said as a catholic not as Christian.

Hehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Abrantie: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
grin grin grin

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by ChiSun27(m): 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
kwajahafiz: I had for lunch. Broasted pork tenderloin on a bed of couscous..with grilled zuchini and brocoli florets.
washed down with half a bottle of mild spicy Australian pinot noir.

For Dinner I had Pan grilled Atlantic coho salmon and baked potatoe topped with sheep mozarella cheese and mild chedar cheese...washed down with a strong 1974 reserve vintage house port. And for desert. A sour dulut cream brule atop a lemon merengue . washed down with strong ethiopian coffe...and a good snifter serving of henry the 5th cognac....
now thats what I call a good friday.

yawning loud!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Coleworld: 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by HugeMac: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
vanstanzy:

Welldone, nothing do u! cool coolWhether one eats meat or not is a thing of the mind. I didn't cos its against my doctrine.
your doctrine is it scriptural or roman tradition.
Pray for grace to save you , dont be a slave of human doctrines ,
You Shall Know The Truth And the Truth Shall Set u Free!
God loves u , dont do this to yourself.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by claremont(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
I just finished demolishing a double Cheeseburger and fries. I normally go for the quarter pounder burger but since today is Good Friday, I decided to go for super-size! grin
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by NaLaugh: 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
Philly cheese steak going down right now.
Num Num Num
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by italo: 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
carr96:

Oh pls! The catholics never preserved and protected the bible up till today! Instead they "formed and moulded" their own bible to deceive the multitudes! grin

When did they "form and mould" their own Bible? Provide proof.

Is telling lies against Catholics really worth loosing your salvation for?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? / Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? / What's Your Favorite Breakfast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.