Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? (13052 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by aryzgreat: 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
The church encourage us to fast, during lent. ash wednesaday (beginning of lent) and Good friday (lent end) b4 easter is marked with abstenance and fasting. The church chose meat cos its considered "a rich fud" its symbolic, it reminds us to forego the most attached aspect of our life and come closer to christ. Meat or flesh represents worldly vanities. we dont eat meat on those two days cos ash wednesday marks d begining of the 40days fast and it a kinda reminda that flesh have to give way for the spirit. The money saved tru out the lent period is given as offering during Good friday, its called "charity collection" for the poor and motherless babies home. U have 363days to eat meat and just 2 days to abstain, y cant u? not just meat, abstain from all form of worldliness! Dat d significance!

5 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by chucky234(m): 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
Soso990240: what is KFC? Chicken lap in ur language?
A Johnny Just Come I guess
Oh sorry you are only familiar with Mr. Biggs,old school thingz.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by dasparrow: 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
@Post

I did not eat meat today. I ate fish and it was very delicious.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by dasparrow: 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
CLIQBOY: you wan eat a whole K.F.C you mean you wan eat the company up?

He is just saying he is going to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) to pick up something to eat.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by mamagee3(f): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
I ate meat in the form of burger
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Jerryjat(m): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
B4 i say anyfin... I just wanna ask... Would it kill u to Deprive ur'self's of meat 4 just day?... Come to tink of it in our own humanly way of tinking... Dis tin has no biblical back up 'yes'... But on a day like dis a man call Jesus... Suffered like hell... Was molested... His blood was everywere across d street... His skin was pierced to d extent dat u could see d inner part of his skin.. And u want to tell me dat u have no human feeling.. Dat u neva felt irritated by wat u saw... Come on... It no big deal depriving our selves of anytin... Just to respect d fact dat u felt d impact of wat d day stands for...

Pls my Dear broda's and sista's... Let not do tinz bcoz we were asked to.. But bcoz it d right tin to do...

5 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
HugeMac: your doctrine is it scriptural or roman tradition.
Pray for grace to save you , dont be a slave of human doctrines ,
You Shall Know The Truth And the Truth Shall Set u Free!
God loves u , dont do this to yourself.

True talk! grin
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by brownlord: 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
ksam: Jesus has paid it all abi??see ur mouth...
Am not only abstaining frm meat,,am also depriving my self frm any sort of pleasure today as a sign of gratitude to him fr dieing on the cross of calvary just fr my sins..i dont care even if it will take me nt to eat today jst to say thank you to him,,

See ur mouth, deprive urself of pleasure today and commit greater attrocity tomorrow, bloody hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by lastpage: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
I ate Cow-tail!

Why should l not eat meat? Na me Kill Jeezuz abi na im flesh l cook?

All these STEWPID TRADITIONS OF MAN (cant read anywhere in the Bible where it says l should not eat meat of Good friday!) should have been buried by now.

We leave the important things (Love, Honesty, care for others, respect for each other, avoidance of corruption and looting, e.t.c) ...and go chasing after ""precepts of man"!

#shakes head in disgust as he crushes the bone of that cow tail# undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
italo:

When did they "form and mould" their own Bible? Provide proof.

Is telling lies against Catholics really worth loosing your salvation for?

Oh oh! The catholic bible has 73 books while the REAL bible has 66 books! So who's lying nw?? grin

Adding and omitting from the bible! Smh for catholic doctrines sha!
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
lastpage: I ate Cow-tail!

All these STEWPID TRADITIONS OF MAN (cant read anywhere in the Bible where it says l should not eat meat of Good friday!) should have been buried by now.

We leave the important things (Love, Honesty, care for others, respect for each other, avoidance of corruption and looting, e.t.c) ...and go chasing after ""precepts of man"!

#shakes head in disgust as he crushes the bone of that cow tail# undecided undecided

Lastpage!

100+ likes
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Tonyslim99(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
habayommy: Eat meat on Good Friday? God forbiiiiiiiiiiiiddd.
I only ate goat m...
hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha!!!!! Same here..............
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
I ATE MEAT SUYA WITH VINO
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Policewoman(f): 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
Please i ate fish. Is it allowed?
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Deiok(m): 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
yep pomo in the morning meat in the afternoon and evening.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by bettercreature(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
Sadly i forgot,i ate pounded yam and meat at AROMA this afternoon
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Emmyk(m): 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
175: I have always wondered why people say its not okay to eat meat on Good fridays. So will u eat meat on Good friday?
Aye!
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by aryzgreat: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
Policewoman: Please i ate fish. Is it allowed?

u can eat fish, if u forgot and ate meat there is no problem, its a symbolic and a fast prescribed for a memorable day like this. God will not put u into hell bc u ate meat on Good friday, but its a worthy and noble fast to do to commemorate d day salvation came to man by christ's death on d cross.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
Ate rice and beef in the morning. Amala in the night..come top am with meat again! Abegi! undecided
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by seunmsg(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
I ate only ponmo grin ....datz all! @op, hope am still in order?
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by steffans(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
I Ate Quail Meat...
D type God feed d israliesties with in d Wilderness...
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by nonso84(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
Yep eat a big 'fat' chicken.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by naylove(m): 11:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
i wanna chop meat die. in fact i chop fish join. i really dont subscribe to all those ritualistic teachings.
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Tropilo(m): 11:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
Interesting...!

Some people who did not even have money to buy pommo, even claimed that they ate beaf, chicken, cow leg etc. Just to prove a silly point.
Nairalanders, nawa for some of una, sha!

#seunseewetinucos#

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by HARDDON: 11:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nothing can put a sword under what has bin chopped!

Meat all d way today!
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by livebullet(m): 11:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
luvable sam: if u are a 'REAL' Catholic like myself its a NO,its not a big deal cos its just for 24hours

Me too! I love the church so i observe the prescribed fast always....God bless his bride...The church!God bless our beloved Papa His Holiness,The Supreme Pontiff of God's church. The Vicar of Christ!
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by 190: 12:27am On Mar 30, 2013
lastpage: I ate Cow-tail!

Lastpage!

[size=48pt]DIES !!! grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Everest9(m): 1:27am On Mar 30, 2013
hahahahahahah before nko
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 30, 2013
Osahon7: Sure why nootJesus died to free us frm the LAW...we live nt by LAW BUT BY HIS GRACE!!!

Really? but your pastor has made tithing compulsory forgetting that Jesus has died and tithe was only mentioned in the old testament

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 30, 2013
brownlord:

See ur mouth, deprive urself of pleasure today and commit greater attrocity tomorrow, bloody hypocrite

He/She is better than you that commit attrocities 366 days a year.. Because you tried to judge someone, the bible records that you're judged already. Am only sorry for your poor soul
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 30, 2013
tha_originator: See talk ohangry Because person diee, so make I no chop meat. I must chop meat oh and nothing go happen! I go even cho kmopo sef, the real kpomo no be all dis yawyaw kpomo oh. Confirm orignal s'exy kpomowink thank God is Friday joor!

Read your mumu comment again and see if you can make any sense out of it. To comment is certainly not by force I tell you
Re: Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 30, 2013
free2ryhme: i ate meat today and every other day ...

OMG!!ENGLISH LANGUAGE HAS SEEN HELL!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? / Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? / What's Your Favorite Breakfast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.