Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

How Does One Grow In Spirit And Get To Be Baptized In Holy Ghost? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Grow In Spirit And Get To Be Baptized In Holy Ghost? (873 Views)

Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! / Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Grow In Spirit And Get To Be Baptized In Holy Ghost? by achicares(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
I have been seeking to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it seems i'll first need to grow in the spirit. Now, the question what are the things i need to do or follow to grow in the spirit?I have been seeking to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it seems i'll first need to grow in the spirit. Now, the question what are the things i need to do or follow to grow in the spirit?I have been seeking to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it seems i'll first need to grow in the spirit. Now, the question what are the things i need to do or follow to grow in the spirit?
Re: How Does One Grow In Spirit And Get To Be Baptized In Holy Ghost? by martinseme: 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
Its simple just repent of and stop all sins. Then be Prayerful. And soon you surely experience the powerful presence of the holy spirit.
Re: How Does One Grow In Spirit And Get To Be Baptized In Holy Ghost? by spicyv1(f): 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
martinseme: Its simple just repent of and stop all sins. Then be Prayerful. And soon you surely experience the powerful presence of the holy spirit.

You do NOT experience the presence of the HolySpirit by repenting and stopping all sins! You receive the HolySpirit by faith when you accept eternal life through salvation. Infact, you CANNOT stop the act of sin without having the HolySpirit. You believe first, receive and then renew your mind by knowing Gods word and fellowship with the Holy Spirit. The result is a renewed mind.

Op: to receive the baptism, with evidence of speaking in tongues, you need to desire and believe. Jesus said that the sign of speaking with new tongues shall follow them that believe. It is in the believing and not in "growing in the spirit". How do you even grow when you can't communicate with the language He understands?

What can really help you is to locate a word based church and attend foundation class. smiley
Re: How Does One Grow In Spirit And Get To Be Baptized In Holy Ghost? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
achicares:
I have been seeking to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it seems i'll first need to grow in the spirit. Now, the question what are the things i need to do or follow to grow in the spirit?I have been seeking to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it seems i'll first need to grow in the spirit. Now, the question what are the things i need to do or follow to grow in the spirit?I have been seeking to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it seems i'll first need to grow in the spirit. Now, the question what are the things i need to do or follow to grow in the spirit?
Its the spirit of God who introduced you to Christ, and sustains your salvation.

(1) (Reply)

****INSPIRATIONAL STORY**** - Idowu Akintunde / A Short Story 2 / Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.