Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? (22067 Views)

How Can I marry a Spirit Wife? / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles-prayers Against Spirit Wife Or Husband / Issues About Sex In Dream, Spirit Wife, Spirit Husband, Spirit Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 05, 2013
Is it real

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by fingard02k(m): 6:35am On Oct 05, 2013
what do they look like?? Can someone help me with there pictures?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 6:39am On Oct 05, 2013
Gen 6. 1 to 4

Angels from above loving asanwas

Incubus n succubus

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 05, 2013
Somebody lamented here that he married for 6 yrs and can't penetrate his wife and a poster said its spirit husband.
Eeemn, things dey this world o!

I remembered in school where a course-mate confided in me she is married to one. My head couldn't just grasps it and boy, I started avoiding her like plague.
No be my fault abeg. I don't know what to tell her.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2013
I believe things happen in the super naturals.

Whether spiritual husbands or wives exist, am not totally convinced.

Many Africans tend to find a Spiritual Explanation for almost all their problems!!

A man who climbs a tree & looses his balance and falls, then breaks his spine will tell you, he dreamt about it days ago that one of his friend was chasing him in the dream.

A man/woman who has serious health issues & can't father/mother a child will be told its their spiritual partners that are blocking them.

Just like the case of the man Who Wants a divorce because he can't get it up with his wife.

I just hope most people will explore all mental & physical solutions to problems before jumping on the spiritual bandwagon!!

10 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Gen 6. 1 to 4

Angels from above loving asanwas

Incubus n succubus
What of those that don't believe the bible?
Does it affect them too?
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 7:27am On Oct 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
What of those that don't believe the bible?
Does it affect them too?

I just pasted bible sources to show spirits are attracted to humans

Those that dont believe have an edge though... what u dont know cant harm u

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Rhythm(f): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2013
I believe most of the things we think we see or know, do not really exist in reality.

I'd train up my kids not to believe in such things as spirit husbands, so that when a man walks up to them in the dream and says, I'm your husband, they'd probably just forget the dream by morning instead of waking up to start burning candles, running fron church to church, and killing chickens and blah.

I do not believe spirit husbands exist. But I've seen people who believe they do, and it usually works for them too.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2013
Rhythm: I believe most of the things we think we see or know, do not really exist in reality.
I certainly agree with u.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2013
pickabeau1:

I just pasted bible sources to show spirits are attracted to humans

Those that dont believe have an edge though... what u dont know cant harm u

If that adage is true, why then believe or is it bc it has biblical origin?
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2013
For me it's just like saying why is there air

We don't see it but we know it's there

The metaphysical is real though only few are privileged in experiencing that world

Demons exist

However I believe the redeeming power of the Lord will yield victory over oppression or possession in my life

Some don't believe
I don't grudge them

I had a debate offline with an agnostic or atheist or whatever they call themselves

Science makes an expression of the world based on an hypothesis

I.E. I noticed if something is up and unsupported; it will fall down

I put Something up; it falls

Ergo what goes up must come down

However there are still so many phenomena that science has not been able to explain (the expanding universe, the intricacies of the mind, inspiration etc)

If you choose to believe, it's your prerogative

My 2 cents

yellowpawpaw:

If that adage is true, why then believe or is it bc it has biblical origin?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2013
pickabeau1: For me it's just like saying why is there air

We don't see it but we know it's there

The metaphysical is real though only few are privileged in experiencing that world

Demons exist

However I believe the redeeming power of the Lord will yield victory over oppression or possession in my life

Some don't believe
I don't grudge them

I had a debate offline with an agnostic or atheist or whatever they call themselves

Science makes an expression of the world based on an hypothesis

I.E. I noticed if something is up and unsupported; it will fall down

I put Something up; it falls

Ergo what goes up must come down

However there are still so many phenomena that science has not been able to explain (the expanding universe, the intricacies of the mind, inspiration etc)

If you choose to believe, it's your prerogative

My 2 cents

Mr BB, its not fight naw.
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Woged2005(f): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2013
Royal Roy: I believe things happen in the super naturals. Many Africans tend to find a Spiritual Explanation to almost all their problems!!

Ignorance is a disease!!. Here are other things they believed too:

1. Having internet in your house is an open gate to the devil (yet the pastor was preaching with a science invented Microphone)
2. A baby's DNA that doesn't match either parent is miracle from God (A deliberate affront to God's will on procreation btw a man & woman)
3. Don't let a beautiful light-skin girl go to a river/stream to swim, she may disappear because she is 'Mammy water' (come yanki see fine girls)
4. Blood-sucking spirits cause accidents during festive periods (Great! whatever happened to over-speeding, over-loading, ill-maintained vehicles on a pothole-filled road)
5. A women is barren because she has spiritual children (na always the thing wey eye no fit see, dem go use as excuse)
6. A special need child or a specially gifted child is a witch/wizard (Yet dem wan fly plane, na dummy head like them invented plane?)
7. A baby was born with rosary in his hand (a woman with indigestible beads like rosary in her tommy for 9months?)
8. A woman gave birth to a horse in a church during deliverance, stood up and walked away (oya mother's in the house, what's your experience after child birth?)
9. 'Bush Baby' lures people out with a cry in the night & devours them (I didn't even know a 'bush baby' is an animal, till I saw the pic..LoL!)
10. If you eat or greet people with left hand, it brings bad luck
..haba! haba!! haba!! my people, when will we Nigerians start admitting our failures/mistakes and work hard to correct them rather than blame spirits?
grin grin grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 11:11am On Oct 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Mr BB, its not fight naw.

Yepa.. Sorry ooo smiley

I thought we were having a debate

Sorry if it sounded harsh

What are your thoughts
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 11:12am On Oct 05, 2013
I don't get your point
Are you asserting that there are no spiritual forces

Woged2005:
..haba! haba!! haba!! my people, when will we Nigerians start admitting our failures/mistakes and work hard to correct them rather than blame spirits?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Woged2005(f): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2013
pickabeau1: I don't get your point Are you asserting that there are no spiritual forces,

Just get me the picture of a spiritual husband or wife. Period! grin grin grin grin

1. Do you know how a cell phone works and how your signals are transmitted without wires to ur relative in USA, he hears ur voice and sees your number?
2. How your TV in the house receives signals, u see the image and hear the voice of Larry King in USA?
3. How about a plane carrying 200 passengers & over 1000tons of loads lifting up at Lagos, hanging in the air and flying blind to land safely in USA?, etc Guess what? they were all invented by human beings, and not spirits.

If the inventors of these marvels wasted their intelligence believing in spirits, you and I will not be on Nairaland today..

16 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by bellong: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2013
".....But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned....."

The fact that spiritual issues have been abused by religious christians do not nullify the existence of true spiritual problems. Is there anything in the world that is yet to be abused especially religion.

Yes, spiritual husbands and wives exist as does the devil.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Rhythm(f): 11:56am On Oct 05, 2013
bellong: ".....But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned....."
So the things of the spirit of God include spiritual husbands.
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by bellong: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
Rhythm:
So the things of the spirit of God include spiritual husbands.

Lol.... The passage is talking about revelation of the things of the spirit. It takes revelation from God to understand and see a spirit husband. Do you now understand?
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Woged2005(f): 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
bellong:

Lol.... The passage is talking about revelation of the things of the spirit. It takes revelation from God to understand and see a spirit husband. Do you now understand?

Wow!..what a misinterpretation! I suggest Nigerians should write their own bibles to suit their various needs...wondering why our (mis)interpretation is always very different from that of other Christians from other parts of the world, yet we read the same book in same English language.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by bellong: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Woged2005:

Wow!..what a misinterpretation! I suggest Nigerians should write their own bibles to suit their various needs...wondering why our (mis)interpretation is always very different from that of other Christians from other parts of the world, yet we read the same book in same English language.

I would be glad you gave me a the correct interpretation. In what way did I use it to suit my need? I urge you to read the whole passage for a better understanding of what I was trying to say.
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ahaha..

Permit me I had to laff at the adhoc training on signals

But seriously.. You don't believe in the supernatural

I believe they exist .. I don't live in fear of them by virtue of my faith

Life is wide enough for all beliefs

I'm still waiting for ypp response

@ypp do you believe demons exist?

Woged2005:

Just get me the picture of a spiritual husband or wife. Period! grin grin grin grin

1. Do you know how a cell phone works and how your signals are transmitted without wires to ur relative in USA, he hears ur voice and sees your number?
2. How your TV in the house receives signals, u see the image and hear the voice of Larry King in USA?
3. How about a plane carrying 200 passengers & over 1000tons of loads lifting up at Lagos, hanging in the air and flying blind to land safely in USA?, etc Guess what? they were all invented by human beings, and not spirits.

If the inventors of these marvels wasted their intelligence believing in spirits, you and I will not be on Nairaland today..
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Woged2005(f): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
bellong:

I would be glad you gave me a the correct interpretation. In what way did I use it to suit my need? I urge you to read the whole passage for a better understanding of what I was trying to say.

Bible sais it's appointed unto man to die, & after that it's judgement. Therefore a dead person is either in Heaven, hell fire (or Purgatory, according to Catholics). That's the scripture! So all these spirits, ghosts, etc Nigerians see and marry, where are they from? Are you indirectly saying there's no judgement after death...dead people still roam about in Nigeria in spirit and marry? Your quotation referred to the Holy Spirit (the messenger), which according to the doctrine of trinity is God. Does God marry? And why don't we have spiritual husbands in UK that brought xtianity to Africa, or USA that originated pentecostal churches? They never talk about these things except we Africans who are trying to bring in our traditional beliefs/superstition into Christianity...

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
Fair points,,, but u have not said anything about demons

Woged2005:

Bible sais it's appointed unto man to die, & after that it's judgement. Therefore a dead person is either in Heaven, hell fire (or Purgatory, according to Catholics). That's the scripture! So all these spirits, ghosts, etc Nigerians see and marry, where are they from? Are you indirectly saying there's no judgement after death...dead people still roam about in Nigeria in spirit and marry? Your quotation referred to the Holy Spirit (the messenger), which according to the doctrine of trinity is God. Does God marry? And why don't we have spiritual husbands in UK that brought xtianity to Africa, or USA that originated pentecostal churches? They never talk about these things except we Africans who are trying to bring in our traditional beliefs/superstition into Christianity...

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Rhythm(f): 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
bellong:

I think this is where most christians get it wrong. Christians spend time trying to discern things of the devil than the things of God. The essence of christianity is that christ died and defeated the devil, yet everyday you see Nigerian christians dedicating years to fighting already defeated stuffs like evil spirits and spirit husbands and bla. No one who calls himself a christian should even believe in these things,

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
Rhythm:

I think this is where most christians get it wrong. Christians spend time trying to discern things of the devil than the things of God. The essence of christianity is that christ died and defeated the devil, yet everyday you see Nigerian christians dedicating years to fighting already defeated stuffs like evil spirits and spirit husbands and bla. No one who calls himself a christian should even believe in these things,

If you dont believe they exist, how do you know they were defeated by the Lord

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by bellong: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Woged2005:

Now I have a better understanding of what you know. Spirit husbands/wives are not dead people roaming about. You are yet to understand the point I was making in that quote. I am talking about revelation of spiritual things through the spirit of God.

UK may have brought christianity to Africa, but doesn't mean they understand better than Africans. "They never talk about these things.." Really? How many christian literatures written by Britons and Americans have you read? Do you by chance know Rebecca Brown, A.A Allen, Smith Wigglesworth, Schambach and many others.. They are not Africans.

I want to believe you have in your bible the part that Jesus cast out demons from a man. Are those demons people that died and roaming about? I do not like to engage in religious arguments that are not beneficial. Denial of the existence of a thing does not prevent it from operation.

15 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by bellong: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
Rhythm:

I wouldn't know how to respond to the bolded part but I know that he who is in the spirit do not waste time discerning the things of the devil. The spirit of God reveals hidden things not known to us.

No one calls himself should believe in the existence of "demons"? Paul said, after the manner of man I fought with beasts at Ephesus... Well the question the poster asked is if spirit husbands and wives exist, my answer is Yes... It is not subject to debate, it is my opinion and conviction of what I know.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Woged2005(f): 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Fair points,,, but u have not said anything about demons

I usually do not use bible quotations in my posts in order no to discourage our brothers and sisters from other religions from following the posts.

An artist asked a child the easiest thing to draw. The child mentioned, dog, house car, etc. The artist said No because people know what they look like so if you get it wrong, they will know; the easiest thing to draw is a 'Demon' because no one has seen them before or know what they look like. grin

I have not seen them before, have you? grin grin. Bible never said anywhere they marry and have babies though. to do that they must have reproductive organs to get a woman pregnant abi?
Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
bellong: I want to believe you have in your bible the part that Jesus cast out demons from a man. Are those demons people that died and roaming about? I do not like to engage in religious arguments that are not beneficial. Denial of the existence of a thing does not prevent it from operation.

Q E D

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by pickabeau1: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
Woged2005:

I usually do not use bible quotations in my posts in order no to discourage our brothers and sisters from other religions from following the posts.

An artist asked a child the easiest thing to draw. The child mentioned, dog, house car, etc. The artist said No because people know what they look like so if you get it wrong, they will know; the easiest thing to draw is a 'Demon' because no one has seen them before or know what they look like. grin

I have not seen them before, have you? grin grin. Bible never said anywhere they marry and have babies though. to do that they must have reproductive organs to get a woman pregnant abi?

I refer you to my previous post.... we agree to disagree
Other religions u are referring to believe demons exist... i dont know why the bashfulness

Is demon an african word?have u heard of djinns before or did harry potter inspiration come from naija..

lol..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? by Woged2005(f): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
bellong:

UK may have brought christianity to Africa, but doesn't mean they understand better than Africans. .

Really!! and what else positive have we given back to the world with our super intelligence?..you are absolutely right! Religious arguments are lame, too sensitive, and unproductive. As for me I don't believe in spiritual husbands, and therefore won't have one. Maybe those who believe in it will have them. Even Pope, few weeks ago, said people will be judged by what they believe in.. grin. so let's be careful what we believe in.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Enenche To Comedians: Don't Tell Lies To Make People Laugh / Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.