Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

123guys's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 123guys's Profile / 123guys's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / Re: Petrol Sells For ₦‎700 Per Liter In Kwara by 123guys: 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
casualobserver:

Yes we are! We know nothing good comes without pain. The medicine we refused to take over the last 2 decades is why we are the poverty capital of the world. No serious country spends more on petrol subsidy than health, education, roads, combined!

So what have you done with the 400bn
Politics / Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by 123guys: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
isArray:
I'm feel so sorry for business owners
nah. Business owners will raise their selling price. Na salary earners go suffer am.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Tinubu, Shettima: Video Of 'Fake Bishops' As Journalist Attempts To Interview by 123guys: 1:23am On Jul 22, 2022
mrksquare:

Is that the takeaway, you can infer from my short piece?

It is a friendly reminder to you that your proposed leaders just scammed the same people they plan to govern.
Politics / Re: Tinubu, Shettima: Video Of 'Fake Bishops' As Journalist Attempts To Interview by 123guys: 5:13am On Jul 21, 2022
mrksquare:

We should thread cautiously on our condemnation of a Muslim-muslim ticket. That's how in 1999, religious sentiment made Rivers people to vote Dr. Peter Odili in preference to the OO Obu (Olumba) aspirant of APP, Mr. Isokariari.

Our contention then was Isokariari was going to turn Rivers state into an Olumba state.

What did we get in the 8years of Peter Odili. Political assassination of party big wigs. Killings upon killings by non state actors. State government sponsorship of warring cult group. These groups later morphed into Niger Delta militants.

As much as I detest Tinubu, but the Muslim-Muslim ticket shouldn't be used to disparage him. That's why we have alternatives. Every aspirants should be judged on the basis of his/her track record, ability to perform, ability to unite the country while delivering the deliverable to us.

Planning to be a President and the first thing to do is to scam those you want to govern. Is that what I should vote?
Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2022
Diligent1:

Point of correction, we protest in higher institution not secondary school.
Tinubu did not collect federal allocation for local government for almost 8 years yet he created jobs like LAWMA, LASTMA, LAMATA RRS and he paid salaries at the right time.
Do you know how many people working in these places.
He increased the Lagos State revenue with wide margin.
You talked about his health, everybody can see how he has been going from one place to another without rest please what else do you want? are you expecting him to carry tractor on his head so that he can prove that he is fits for the job?

Calm down. To start with, yes he increased Lagos State revenue just like Buhari has increased our revenue and GDP to an all-time high in 8 years while sinking us in debts. Tinubu increased revenue by borrowing to develop Lagos (same tactics employed by Buhari and lots of Governors). He borrowed and sank Lagos into $190M+ debt. Lagos was debt-free before 1999. Nigeria is currently entering hyperinflation, do you need a prophet to tell you that we we need someone who has experience in rescuing us from debts? PO managed state fund to rescue Anambra from debt to $500m in profit.

Again, you said Lagos State didn't receive allocation for 8 years. This is really laughable. Why are you lying just to prove a point?... Anyway, check out this source and check the whooping allocation received in Lagos from 1999 to 2007: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Nigeria-Federal-revenue-allocation-to-states-1999-2007_tbl2_279463673

He's fit because he's always inside the car and aeroplane? So, Yaradua didn't travel when he was campaigning?

You mentioned that he employed people... Wait and be honest with yourself, do you pray that your family be recruited in the army and agbado will be their breakfast? Is that the kind of life you pray for the youths? He's either too old or sick to have mentioned that. 50 million youths? Nigeria doesn't have up to 50 million youths so definitely we're all going to be recruited. Who does that? Is that not even a red flag that Tinubu is senile?
Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
Carlosdd:

You must be a joker is it Obi that deploy commissioner of police ? If you don’t know it’s called Nigeria police force not state police .

He changed them 3 times when they were not active and in those times, he never brought in an Igbo man.
Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2022
Diligent1:

When I was in SS3, Tinubu was the governor of Lagos State then, he paid for our exams throughout Lagos State.
When I entered higher institution in Lagos State, he was the governor of Lagos State. The bad students were disturbing both lecturers and students, they would be shooting in campus, we went to his office at Alausa and protest, immediately he took action, he rusticated almost 90s of the bad boys.
I also know how Lagos use to be before Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos State, refuse littered every where, he came and solve the problem.
I believe if Tinubu become the president of Nigeria we will get better jobs not the one that covers only transport and feeding.

When secondary school students protest, know it has gotten really worse and any Governor would work on it. I've never seen a Governor that wouldn't work on sec school protest. Tinubu did his part in Lagos, no doubt but all he did can't be compared to PO's impacts in Anambra. What Tinubu did was what every other average politicians did (cosmetic works).

I think the argument should be how they both improved sectors when they served.

PO took Anambra Education from 26 to number 1 in Nigeria. How did Tinubu improve his?

PO met the state in debts and he left it at $500m profit when he left office. He's the only Governor that has done this in Nigeria. Tell me how Tinubu improved Lagos Finance.

PO linked farms to the market by constructing roads. All roads that lead to the farms were good, so food was cheaper. How did Tinubu improve his Agricultural sector?

PO paid my friend's Granny stipends regularly when he was the Governor (I later found out he was doing this for 70+ years oldies in the state). He built accommodation for less privileged who were roaming the streets. Now, tell me how Tinubu improved the welfare of the less privileged.

Tinubu is already in his senility. If not, he won't say he'd recruit 50 million youths (half of the youths in Nigeria) to military and they would be serving them agbado and cassava. So, definitely majority of us will join soldier. Is that not laughable? He's old and doesn't know what he's saying or doing anymore.

To top it all, Tinubu has health challenge and Shettima is his VP. Shettima is obviously linked to Boko Haram. Nigeria is doomed if Shettima takes over. APC Northerners must have cajoled Tinubu to pick Shettima.
Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2022
Sannisege:
please name the northerners in Obi’s cabinet and an authentic source for verification.

Just open mouth yakata and can't make research.

Are these ones not Northerners?:

Abubakar Adamu
Hassan Karma
Bala Magaji Nasarawa
Mohammed Indabawa
Alhaji Mohammed Abbas
Usman Akila Gwary
Alhalji Amusa Bello
Alhaji Ibrahim Murktari

Source: https://whowasincommand.com/en/organization/view/fd7cb0a0-259d-4b42-8800-616b024aa941/
Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final by 123guys: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2022
Royalty83:
Kashim Shettima as a governor appointed Nigerians from all parts of the country in his cabinet.

1. Isa Gusau, SA, Media & Strategy (Zamfara)

2. Kester Ogualili, SA, inter community relations (Anambra)

3. Usman Majidadi Kumo, SSA, Radio (Gombe)

4. Christopher Godwin Akaba
SSA, Special Duties (Delta)

5. Ahmed Ishaq Ningi SSA, New Media (Bauchi)

6. Lanre Obadiah, SA, Social Investment (Kwara)

7. Victor Izekor, SA, Social investment (Abia)

8. Jack Vicent, SSA, Social investment ((Benue)

A truly detribalized Nigerian

Peter Obi and Ibos should just mention one non-igbo that has serve in any reasonable capity in the east. Obi even targeted Enugu and Ebonyi people in the civil service and demoted them. That is the bigot you want us Hausas to vote?

If you are not comfortable with SHETIMMA, kindly shove your vote down your **s

Pele o Buoda Shetimma, when Obi served as a Governor, he had more of Northerners as his SA. He changed Commissioner of Police 5 times and 3 were Northerners. If you must argue, try dey research pele

1 Like 1 Share

Romance / Re: Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend Or what? by 123guys: 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
PumpumPrince:

^^^story
bro..if u dont wanto smash...please i beg please..let me smash!!!(no ooofencse)
angry
send DM
Romance / Re: Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend Or what? by 123guys: 7:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ahmad62:
A SIMP in the making....
Lol... Not really. I insulted her mother for raising her in this way and the mother started telling me some things I don't understand.

Not that I don't have other girls. But I like her good sides. I wish the other ones too can copy it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend Or what? by 123guys: 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
czarr:
If you don't spend on her then no wahala.
But if you are spending on her, you be mumu.

I don't spend except when I feel like.

12 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend Or what? by 123guys: 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
Cypress042:
Op all i can say to you is, go ahead and change a full grown adult if you can.

What your fore fathers couldn't do during their time, you just wake up and think is easy Continue grin grin

I'm not saying I want to change her. Just asking what I should do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend Or what? by 123guys: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
Nairalanders I need advice. I've been dating this girl for more than a year. But I have couple of challenges:

1) She doesn't like to visit me except for a few times. She claims to be a virgin and says I might be tempted. That I need to pay her bride price before we can do all those. At times I wonder if there's something she's hiding.

2) Each time I try to break up, she sheds tears and involves her family members sometimes to beg me.

3) She is a prayerful type (she has MFM background). So, oftentimes she involves me in fasting.

4) She swings mood easily when things are not going on well. This part is really frustrating because she takes everything as fight when this happens. Infact, she hardly takes advice.

I love her but I'm not sure how to deal with those bad sides. Please I need help. I need advice.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Travel / Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by 123guys: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2020
lekki1444:
name 3 black billionaires in canada or keep kwayet
Nigeria has one of the lowest billionaire rate per capita bro. It's funny to see you comparing such a country with huge purchasing power with Nigeria.
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by 123guys: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Personally, I prefer the usual paper-and-pencil
paper exam as that's what I have been used to all my life so I opted for the paper GRE. I wrote
the paper GRE at Aba and scored well on it.

Which menial job in US that pays minimum
wage of $7.5 per hour will pay you well? How do you even compare the pay of menial jobs to the
pay of white-collar jobs of between $20 to $50
an hour? Don't put the cart before the horse
even before it is time to hit the road. Which
menial job in america will pay you well so as to
cover all as-you-know-it expenses and leave you
with much change to spare on partying,
enjoyment galore and shopping? You need to
wake up. It is only the rich and celebrities that
live such luxurious life here.
As an Igbo man, I love dealing with figures. Now
let us delve into the financials.
I assume you get a job at Walmart(which is
almost impossible as you have work restrictions
on your visa but I will assume so for I was
taught in science to make assumptions) which
pays $7.5 per hour and you work 75 hours
a week. Mind you, for such a low-paying
salary, you'll need to work as many hours
as possible as your body can permit to
break even . And for such jobs, you're not paid
overtime as obtained in white-collar jobs where
you work 40 hours a week usually, 5 days a
week, and any extra hours spent on the job is
overtime and you're paid at an overtime rate of
1.5 times your hourly salry.
MONTHLY EARNINGS:
300 hours(75 hours per week times 4 weeks) *
7.5 = $2,250 per month.
Tax deduction = $350 to $400 per month. Yes,
taxation here is killing. In most states you are
taxed both federal and state taxes.
Other deductions such as social security
benefits = $100
Take home pay: $1,750 to $1,800 per
month.
EXPENSES:
1) Health insurance = $110 per month. Health
care is very expensive here and almost
everyone here has health insurance that covers
medical bills during times of ill health.
2) Rent = average of $500 to $600 per month.
I am even being generous. Some places are as
high as $1,000 per month. Except you decide
to put up with as many roommates as possible
to split up the cost.
3) Feeding = $200 to $400 per month, that is if
you cook at home. Eating outside is very costly
as you spend twice/thrice of the stated figure.
4) Transportation = $100 to $200 on fuel per
month on fuel if you'll be driving or on bus
ticket if you'll taking the bus daily to work.
5) Light bill = $200
6) Water bill = $150
7) Miscellaneous = $100
8.) Phone bill = $50
Total expenses = $1,610
How much left = $140 to $190 in savings.
Then you remember you will have to save some
money. Then relatives and friends from back
home with same mindset like you will be calling
you asking you to send $1,000 so that they can
start enjoying life as they are 'suffering' in
Nigeria, because they think that Obi is picking
up dollars from the street of America. Not
knowing that Obi is still struggling to have mere
$1,000 as savings in his bank account. Then
you think of how you'll send the very little you
manage to save from your daily hardwork,
sweat and energy and becoming stingy
becomes your watchword.
Remember that this is the so-called menial job
you envision to do which you will wrench your
back doing everyday and standing on your feet
12 hours a day. You then think of your future
and envision yourself doing the same recurring
cycle every month in a year for the rest of your
life in America, the land of opportunities and a
place of 24/7 work all seasons of the year with
very little rest, then you smile to yourself and
tell yourself 'welcome to America. Now I
understand what these people have been
telling me since.'
Okay, you decide to finish school and get a
'well-paying' job in the vicinity of $70,000 per
year or $5,833 pre-tax monthly salary. Fine,
the job is white-collar and you are one step
away from breaking your back and standing 12
hours a day. Your life is one step better than
the class of menial workers. However, you are
still not free from the ever-attractive recurring
rat race cycle that entraps millions of
employees in America that comes with heavy
bills to pay every month such as house
mortgage, car loans, college loans, heavy tax
deductions, monthly light and water bills,
phone bills, internet cable bills etc. with very
little to spare in savings.
Is this your so-called glorious vision of 'being
well paid'?

Wow! I love this. Bigfracis21 you hit the nail on the head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by 123guys: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
zeezahbee:
You actually have to be a PR or citizenship before you think about setting up a business or any entrepreneur because of tax and other issh
Thanks.
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by 123guys: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
So far the discussions here have always been on landing job after studies. What about the students with entrepreneurial mindset? What would be our prospect? Is it advisable to stay there and invest in an enterprise (teaming up) or come back to Nigeria to invest our skills?
Please, I need your contributions.

2 Likes

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.