Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,248 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1498121 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
hello fellow catfish farmers, its good to see young minds of entrepreneurs coming together to share ideas. I want to say am really impressed by the way questions about catfish are answered by the professionals in the house.
I don't want 2 mention names because I believe we re all learners in the field. thanks to u all and may almighty God bless each n everyone of us as we invest in the business
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 30, 2015
stonedigital:
hello fellow catfish farmers, its good to see young minds of entrepreneurs coming together to share ideas. I want to say am really impressed by the way questions about catfish are answered by the professionals in the house.
I don't want 2 mention names because I believe we re all learners in the field. thanks to u all and may almighty God bless each n everyone of us as we invest in the business
Amen. As we invest Smartly.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:11am On Sep 30, 2015
robonski15:
VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!!

I Have a position for a HATCHERY MANAGER AND ASSISTANT at my new farm sight.. The hatchery manager MUST have a sound knowledge of spawning and a track record of success.. The assistant Must have a basic knowledge of spawning and willingness to learn and implement.

Interested persons should send their resume to robonski15@gmail.com for further negotiations.

Thanks

ROBONSKI
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dy4life: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2015
Good day house. All protocol dully observed. Pls, Ab1x juvefarm, oga Robonski how much can I budget for a good local feed for starter 50kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 11:04am On Sep 30, 2015
hi, everyone in the house. does any one has information about Wooden Fish Pond. Pls, what type of materials used for the linen? Is it tarpaulin or something else? where can I get the linen materials? urgent please.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
dy4life:
Good day house. All protocol dully observed. Pls, Ab1x juvefarm, oga Robonski how much can I budget for a good local feed for starter 50kg

Attached therein is a receipt.....Fish meal is 40% and it will cost you #16,404

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
@ ab1x.
I trust you my dear AB Farms. The receipt practically show everything. This is wonderful. Pls, for how long can one uses this formula before changing to another one that will be less costlier?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
atanda2001uk:
@ ab1x.
I trust you my dear AB Farms. The receipt practically show everything. This is wonderful. Pls, for how long can one uses this formula before changing to another one that will be less costlier?

Do it four times to boost the growth of your fish before reducing the fish meal to 30%, add the deducted 10% to either flower or indomie or biscuit
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olinto: 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
ab1x:

Do it four times to boost the growth of your fish before reducing the fish meal to 30%, add the deducted 10% to either flower or indomie or biscuit

which stage of fish can one use dis formula pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
olinto:

which stage of fish can one use dis formula pls

11/2 or 2 month
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hello house, I just got back from AB farms at Ijebu Ode and I'm rich with experience on how to build my earth pond. Believe me they mean business at Ijebu Ode because most of the pond I saw were filled with 2kg and above and I must confess that Mr. Ab1x is d real deal. Ijebu catfish farmers are the biggest in west Africa.
Am taking this moment to tell Mr. Ab1x that am his biggest fan from today and I pray that God should increase his yield a million fold.
For what its worth, it should be noted that Mr. Ab1x did not collect a dime from even when I insisted on paying for consultation fees. He ask me to come to his farm after a detailed discussion we had on the phone. I have no doubt about how lucrative catfish biz is anymore. I wish other experienced farmers in the house can assist aspiring fish farmers without misleading them for personal gains, and unemployment will be a thing of the past in Nigeria .thanks a million, Mr Ab1x

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
stonedigital:
Hello house, I just got back from AB farms at Ijebu Ode and I'm rich with experience on how to build my earth pond. Believe me they mean business at Ijebu Ode because most of the pond I saw were filled with 2kg and above and I must confess that Mr. Ab1x is d real deal. Ijebu catfish farmers are the biggest in west Africa.
Am taking this moment to tell Mr. Ab1x that am his biggest fan from today and I pray that God should increase his yield a million fold.
For what its worth, it should be noted that Mr. Ab1x did not collect a dime from even when I insisted on paying for consultation fees. He ask me to come to his farm after a detailed discussion we had on the phone. I have no doubt about how lucrative catfish biz is anymore. I wish other experienced farmers in the house can assist aspiring fish farmers without misleading them for personal gains, and unemployment will be a thing of the past in Nigeria .thanks a million, Mr Ab1x

You are most welcome. You made my day with your feedback. I tell people money is not everything. I am not doing this for money. What I have within my power, I am most willing to give freely. Let it be known to all that earthen pond is the best method of rearing fish. I stand to be corrected anytime, anyday. Peace!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
thank you, Ab1x. After adjusting FM to 30%, I believe this is another formula i.e. Formula 2. For how long should we use this formula too? And what next up to 4months and 10 days you earlier specified? I am sorry for the trouble. I want to get things right now because I have experienced losses two times due to feeding.
Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
atanda2001uk:
thank you, Ab1x. After adjusting FM to 30%, I believe this is another formula i.e. Formula 2. For how long should we use this formula too? And what next up to 4months and 10 days you earlier specified? I am sorry for the trouble. I want to get things right now because I have experienced losses two times due to feeding.
Thanks.

If you want to sell your first for 4months, 10days then you need to use 50% fish meal in 100KG 2 times, move to 45% 2times, 40% 2 times, 35% 2 times, 30% 4 times then move to 30% in 300KG to the end.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olinto: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
ab1x:

11/2 or 2 month
from juvenile or fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
olinto:

from juvenile or fingerlings

fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olinto: 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
ab1x:

fingerlings
thanx boss
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
Thank you again Ab1x. I think the number of fish should still be 2,000 fingerlings? Then, I only have the complete formula for 40% FM which you gave sometimes in 2013. Can we combine as follow:

Formula 1: FM-50KG, TS-20kg, GNC-20kg, Indomie/Biscts-10KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-200gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 2: FM-45KG, TS-20kg, GNC-20kg, Indomie/Biscts-15KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-200gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 3: FM-40KG, TS-20kg, GNC-20kg, Indomie/Biscts-20KG Premix-0.5KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-100gram, DCP-0.5kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-0.5kg

Formula 4: FM-35KG, TS-22kg, GNC-22kg, Indomie/Biscts-21KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-100gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 5: FM-30KG, TS-25kg, GNC-25kg, Indomie/Biscts-20KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-100gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 6: FM-30KG, TS-60kg, GNC-60kg, Flour-45KG, Broiler Starter-75kg, Indomie/Biscts-30KG, Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-150gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg.

Kindly point out any important adjustment(s) because I intend to use this template for my next batch of fingerlings which will be stocked in say, next three weeks.

I know I have to start with Coppens of 0.8mm-2 bags, 1.2mm-2bags and 2.0mm-1bag before using the local feeds. Pls, are 0.8mm, 1.2mm and 2.0mm Coppens in 15kg bags?

Thank you for always being there for people like us that are new on this forum.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
atanda2001uk:
Thank you again Ab1x. I think the number of fish should still be 2,000 fingerlings? Then, I only have the complete formula for 40% FM which you gave sometimes in 2013. Can we combine as follow:

Formula 1: FM-50KG, TS-20kg, GNC-20kg, Indomie/Biscts-10KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-200gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 2: FM-45KG, TS-20kg, GNC-20kg, Indomie/Biscts-15KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-200gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 3: FM-40KG, TS-20kg, GNC-20kg, Indomie/Biscts-20KG Premix-0.5KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-100gram, DCP-0.5kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-0.5kg

Formula 4: FM-35KG, TS-22kg, GNC-22kg, Indomie/Biscts-21KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-100gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 5: FM-30KG, TS-25kg, GNC-25kg, Indomie/Biscts-20KG Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-100gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg

Formula 6: FM-30KG, TS-60kg, GNC-60kg, Flour-45KG, Broiler Starter-75kg, Indomie/Biscts-30KG, Premix-1KG, Lysine-1kg, Vit.C-150gram, DCP-1kg, Molasis-10kg, Flex-1kg, Salt-1kg.

Kindly point out any important adjustment(s) because I intend to use this template for my next batch of fingerlings which will be stocked in say, next three weeks.

I know I have to start with Coppens of 0.8mm-2 bags, 1.2mm-2bags and 2.0mm-1bag before using the local feeds. Pls, are 0.8mm, 1.2mm and 2.0mm Coppens in 15kg bags?

Thank you for always being there for people like us that are new on this forum.

It's fine. The # of fish determine how long to repeat each of the formula. When they clock 3 months, try to create space for flour & maize
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Omoedeki: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
Oga Abx what's T/S in the formula. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
Omoedeki:
Oga Abx what's T/S in the formula. Thanks

toasted soya
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kiwonkifi: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
After so many days of reading all the pages, i must saw a big thank you to the likes of robonski, ab1x, Juve Farms, and the many others who selflessly help people by sharing information and answering questions. Gods blessings would never be far from you and yours. We should all also impart knowledge to others when we become gurus ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
kiwonkifi:
After so many days of reading all the pages, i must saw a big thank you to the likes of robonski, ab1x, Juve Farms, and the many others who selflessly help people by sharing information and answering questions. Gods blessings would never be far from you and yours. We should all also impart knowledge to others when we become gurus ourselves.

Amen. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Omoedeki: 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
is toasted soya same as soya meal? @ oga abx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
Sorry, my tutor Ab1x. There is still some important questions that need attention:

1. I have never used Coppens feeds, Are 0.8mm, 1.2mm and 2.0mm all in 15kg bags?
2. Then, sir, what is the percentage of maize and flour to include in the formula once the fishes are 3 months old?
3. I suspect maize and flour should be included in Formula 4 and 5?

thank you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
atanda2001uk:
Sorry, my tutor Ab1x. There is still some important questions that need attention:

1. I have never used Coppens feeds, Are 0.8mm, 1.2mm and 2.0mm all in 15kg bags?
2. Then, sir, what is the percentage of maize and flour to include in the formula once the fishes are 3 months old?
3. I suspect maize and flour should be included in Formula 4 and 5?

thank you.

1) 0.5, 0.8 and 1.2 mm is in 5KG bag while 2mm coppens is in 15KG bag
2) It can be 5,5 or 10,10...you only need to deduct from other ingredients to make way for them
3) Yes...If you like.

NB: My formula changes from time to time because I am still learning and I will continue to learn for as long as I am still in this business
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
Omoedeki:
is toasted soya same as soya meal? @ oga abx

Please always quote my handle well otherwise I may not likely see your question:

Both are the same in the short run however in the long run there are different
Both are the same but processed differently.
One is roasted on the fire which they then called Toasted Soya while the other one, they used special machine to extract off the toxic (which are harmful to fish) from it, that one is called soya meal
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
Thank you. Thank you. And, thank you the Great Tutor. Let me say something about you this night. You fit well to be in academic lecturing. I suspect you have the ability though I have not seen you personally and I do not even know how you look like but something in me tells me many things about the kind of person you are. Pls, keep it up. One day, you shall be rewarded by someone beyond your imagination. Keep up the continuous researches on fish feeding. You and other valuable contributors are God gifts to this forum. I will be feeding you guys back intermittently when I start the journey. Thank you once again.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Omoedeki: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
ab1x:

Please always quote my handle well otherwise I may not likely see your question:

Both are the same in the short run however in the long run there are different
Both are the same but processed differently.
One is roasted on the fire which they then called Toasted Soya while the other one, they used special machine to extract off the toxic (which are harmful to fish) from it, that one is called soya meal
Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Totsy88: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Totsy88:
Good day all. I'm new to this fantastic thread and I would like to say well done to everybody on their great work and thank everyone for sharing their knowledge.

I'm am soon to start digging earthern ponds and would wish for some kind people to share some information if they wish. I shall tell you my plan and and criticism or guide nice would be much appreciated

My partner and I have been discussing the size of each pond and decided 60 x 30 m
I understand this is quite big and have been thinking recently that going smaller nights be best but what do think? The reason for this size is of course to have more fish. From my understanding I have calculated 2 fish per square meter. So 3600 fish per pond. Water supply is plenty.

So what do you think? Thank you in advNce for considering my post.

Hello all
Is it possible anybody would have any insight into this approach?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
[quote author=Totsy88 post=38546110][/quote]

I posted a picture a while ago. The pond is 30 by 60 by 9ft. It can house 4000 pieces of fish but I will advise that it is better to under stock than to over stock.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 12:11am On Oct 01, 2015
Wow, a lot have gone on here, really missed a lot but thank God am back now. Robonski ur boy is back o. I have difficult connecting to agric network and even here but now here is tru. I really have fun have raising my 8000 fishes as a starter. I have nigh success, my neighbors couldn't believe I can survive but many things they are doing now they learn it from me courtesy of my ogas here. I have learned my lesson nd have my fun too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.