Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493657 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
miqos02: @excelsior, pls how do i keep soldier ants away from my farm, they almost entered my deep litter poultry last night
bro this is strictly catfish thread sir.to avoid such,keep clean environment free from feed drops,u can also create a boundary with used engine oil,salt soln also works,but how expensive.go to,remove weeds,keep environment dry,seal cracks,clean gutter,remove woods around,spray d environ with relevant insecticide(u get in agric stores)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2013
excelsiorfarm: stress,how u handle them,my question is what percentage died?
About 10%. But I believe that is now a thing of the past as no more has died. Seems it was the vital feeds that was the culprit. The feed is kind of oil-based and this prevented the fishes from getting enough oxygen as the oil settled on the surface of the water.
I changed the water and washed the pond. Coppens has been doing them good, to Good be the glory. Thanks for your help sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayoola190: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
practicalclass:
About 10%. But I believe that is now a thing of the past as no more has died. Seems it was the vital feeds that was the culprit. The feed is kind of oil-based and this prevented the fishes from getting enough oxygen as the oil settled on the surface of the water.
I changed the water and washed the pond. Coppens has been doing them good, to Good be the glory. Thanks for your help sir.
Y are ppl going for it when it kills fishes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayoola190: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pls at what interval should I change the water in my concrete pond to save the fish from stress and bruise without jeopardizing the clean environmental management of the pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
ayoola190: Pls at what interval should I change the water in my concrete pond to save the fish from stress and bruise without jeopardizing the clean environmental management of the pond?

U can change the water every three days or at most four days.. When changing the water don't flush out everytin completely let there still be a little water in the pond then u start pumping fresh water into the pond, but the leave the outlet open for sometime..
When u notice that the water in the pond is now very fresh u can lock the outlet and continue your pumping..

By so doing u will reduce bruises and stress on the fish..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayoola190: 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
robonski15:

U can change the water every three days or at most four days.. When changing the water don't flush out everytin completely let there still be a little water in the pond then u start pumping fresh water into the pond, but the leave the outlet open for sometime..
When u notice that the water in the pond is now very fresh u can lock the outlet and continue your pumping..

By so doing u will reduce bruises and stress on the fish..
Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
practicalclass:
i dont use vital feed,but all feeds has fish oil.mayb it was yr water mgt or yr ponds
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
10 days to go

CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
aquatic1: 10 days to go

CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8

Pls reply my e_mail
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tontons: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
pls is der any form of local aerator or any 1 dat do nt use electricity? If der is, hw much?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
tontons: pls is der any form of local aerator or any 1 dat do nt use electricity? If der is, hw much?

I doubt if there is any aerator like that..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
saheed':

Pls reply my e_mail

Have replied your email
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 4:33am On Aug 01, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i dont use vital feed,but all feeds has fish oil.mayb it was yr water mgt or yr ponds
Since I have been using coppens, I have not experienced such again.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tontons: 6:04am On Aug 01, 2013
robonski15:

I doubt if there is any aerator like that..
ok tanks, so wich readily available n afordable type of aerator wil u recomend n wats d cost?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:08am On Aug 01, 2013
practicalclass: Since I have been using coppens, I have not experienced such again.
hmmm, what i know is no feed kills fishes,it is either d feed isn't palatable & d fishes hardly eat it,poor nutrient content & they won't grow well. more, is if d feed isn't properly dry & have been affected by aflatoxin/fungi
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:23am On Aug 01, 2013
tontons: ok tanks, so wich readily available n afordable type of aerator wil u recomend n wats d cost?
i gave an address of recent on this thread for someone desiring to purchase foldable fish tank, u can pay them a visit. there are fishmate, boyu,sunsun etc, price starts from 7-8k depending on capacity & how many ponds u want it to service
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft77: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2013
can u kindly give contacts of these foldable tanks ,sizes and amount
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tontons: 11:34am On Aug 01, 2013
i am in delta state wher cn i get dos things mentioned above by @soft77, in warri precisely
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
tontons: i am in delta state wher cn i get dos things mentioned above by @soft77, in warri precisely
am in ibadan, d contact address is in lagos, i think they can deliver to u,they do for ibadan, read the last 3 pages of this thread,i blieve u find d details-kingdom aquarium
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft77: 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
OKI THIS THE INFO GOT IT AT LAST 3 PAGE ,FOR THOSE INTRESTED.....i blieve we have mentioned kingdom aquarium & fisheries ltd on this thread,address is 198 egbe road ejigbo,lagos,farm-8/10 sarah faboyede street bucknor behind jakande estate ejigbo lagos,08033026184 & 08050986386 & i blieve our snr colleague d real Mr Fish still exist at mr fish aqua store shop 13,shagari estate shopping complex,by pako busstop ipaja 08037189694,08028847324
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft77: 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
I WENT TO A FARM AT IKORODU AND I SAW, AN CATFISH EARTHEN PONDS BEEN FED BY BOILED PIGS PARTS, THE OWNER ACTUALLY SAID ITS CHEPEST FORM OF FEEDING THE CATFISH FOR HIM HE SAID CHEPER THAN COMPOUND LOCAL FOOD ,I HAD MY RESERVATIONS BUT AM CURIOUS .CAN ANYBODY WITH GOOD EXPERIENCE SHED MORE LIGHT TO THIS LETS KNOW THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
tontons: pls is der any form of local aerator or any 1 dat do nt use electricity? If der is, hw much?
visit swelluk.com-i saw some solar type on that site.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
@soft77- indeed it is cheaper,u can even feed them waterlily,cassava leaves & wheat bran(talking of experience),kitchen waste etc.but if i were to be in competition with such a farmer,by revealing his feed source,he automatically losses some customers(talking about faith,am a christian & i also do not eat pigs),but only failures go into unhealthy competition of pulling another down,which am not by D Grace of God.i can only advise such farmer to keep his feed source secret
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft77: 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
CASSAVA LEAVES , WHEAT BRAN , WILL THEY BE BOILED OR JUST GIVEN RAW TO THEM ,IF IT HAS TO UNDERGO ANYFORM OF PROCESSING PLS ELABORATE FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING AND THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK ANSWER . GOD BLESS U

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
soft77: CASSAVA
LEAVES , WHEAT BRAN , WILL THEY BE BOILED OR JUST GIVEN RAW TO
THEM ,IF IT HAS TO UNDERGO ANYFORM OF PROCESSING PLS ELABORATE FOR
BETTER UNDERSTANDING AND THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK ANSWER . GOD BLESS
U
keep to formulated feed,i only mentioned it

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft77: 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
CAN ANYONE GIVE HIGHLITE ON THE 3 TYPES OF CATFISH USED FOR FARMING AND WHICH IS BEST FOR STOCKING
AND WHICH GROWS FASTER ADVANTAGTES AND DISADVANTAGES THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED ANSWERS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fxyoube(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
i will like to know what is the ROI in cat fish business like, if managed properly...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by darfem: 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
People in d house, I will like to find out if tilapia can be cultured in a concrete pond. Also, can both tilapia and catfish grow well on the same ration.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bobojoshua(m): 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
excelsiorfarm: @soft77- indeed it is cheaper,u can even feed them waterlily,cassava leaves & wheat bran(talking of experience),kitchen waste etc.but if i were to be in competition with such a farmer,by revealing his feed source,he automatically losses some customers(talking about faith,am a christian & i also do not eat pigs),but only failures go into unhealthy competition of pulling another down,which am not by D Grace of God.i can only advise such farmer to keep his feed source secret
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bobojoshua(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
soft77: I WENT TO A FARM AT IKORODU AND I SAW, AN CATFISH EARTHEN PONDS BEEN FED BY BOILED PIGS PARTS, THE OWNER ACTUALLY SAID ITS CHEPEST FORM OF FEEDING THE CATFISH FOR HIM HE SAID CHEPER THAN COMPOUND LOCAL FOOD ,I HAD MY RESERVATIONS BUT AM CURIOUS .CAN ANYBODY WITH GOOD EXPERIENCE SHED MORE LIGHT TO THIS LETS KNOW THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bobojoshua(m): 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
soft77: OKI THIS THE INFO GOT IT AT LAST 3 PAGE ,FOR THOSE INTRESTED.....i blieve we have mentioned kingdom aquarium & fisheries ltd on this thread,address is 198 egbe road ejigbo,lagos,farm-8/10 sarah faboyede street bucknor behind jakande estate ejigbo lagos,08033026184 & 08050986386 & i blieve our snr colleague d real Mr Fish still exist at mr fish aqua store shop 13,shagari estate shopping complex,by pako busstop ipaja 08037189694,08028847324
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bobojoshua(m): 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i gave an address of recent on this thread for someone desiring to purchase foldable fish tank, u can pay them a visit. there are fishmate, boyu,sunsun etc, price starts from 7-8k depending on capacity & how many ponds u want it to service

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.