Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493973 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
2 more days to go

CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
its seems our young enterprenuer here Are frm mostly frm ogun and lagos .pls if u av any friends that av enough pond that want to lease out(around ilorin or osogbo) thks.u guys Are doing great job here thks. need ur reply.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nne4(f): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
soft77: AM CURRENTLY SELLING 10 THOUSAND MELANGE STAGE , PROBABLY BY END OF THIS WEEK, IWILL UPDATE THE HOUSE ON HOW MUCH I USED FOR FEEDING AND HOW MUCH I SOLD AND LET THE HOUSE KNOW HOW MUCH PROFIT OR LOST BUT I HIGHLY BELIEVE PROFIT LOL.... WATCH OUT VERY SOON UPDATE FROM OWN EXPERIENCE THANK YOU
l am waiting o,have u made d sales.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by IKEDIKE: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pls where can one get like 10-15pcs of 1kg catfish in Ibadan?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
So far so good,quality fingerlings and juveniles at good prices. We covers ondo,ekiti,kogi osun and kwara states. Doorstep deliver if buying considerable quantity. Call 08150762813.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
MY FISH STORY:
I have a pond which I divided into two, one measuring about 7ft x 5ft x 6ft the other 7ft x 3ft x 6ft. I put juveniles I'm both ponds. In the larger pond, the fishes are doing well infact I need to sort them as the big fishes are terrorising the small fishes. I would have loved to sort them using the smaller pond as housing for the small size fishes but this I can't because the fishes I put in this small pond has been dieing. About 40 deaths so far. I have changed the water several times, put 1500gms (though I don't know if this was enough) and now I've had to remove the remaining fishes to wash the pond thoroughly. So much algae formed in the pond and I had to wash everything off. I've got this feeling that something polluted the pond and the fishes became infected. I'm thinking of getting multivitamins for the fishes left to boost their immunity and put some of the fishes in the bigger pond where the fishes there are doing fine.
Just felt I should update this story. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft77: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
PLEASE ANYBODY HAVE CARP FISH FOR SALE EITHER BROOD STOCK OR CARP FISH FINGERLINGS PLS LET ME KNOW ,AM INTRESTED IN BUYING LARGE QUANTITY
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
practicalclass: MY FISH STORY:
I have a pond which I divided into two, one measuring about 7ft x 5ft x 6ft the other 7ft x 3ft x 6ft. I put juveniles I'm both ponds. In the larger pond, the fishes are doing well infact I need to sort them as the big fishes are terrorising the small fishes. I would have loved to sort them using the smaller pond as housing for the small size fishes but this I can't because the fishes I put in this small pond has been dieing. About 40 deaths so far. I have changed the water several times, put 1500gms (though I don't know if this was enough) and now I've had to remove the remaining fishes to wash the pond thoroughly. So much algae formed in the pond and I had to wash everything off. I've got this feeling that something polluted the pond and the fishes became infected. I'm thinking of getting multivitamins for the fishes left to boost their immunity and put some of the fishes in the bigger pond where the fishes there are doing fine.
Just felt I should update this story. Thanks.

Too much algae can cause disease outbreak in a pond.. You should try and wash your pond more often to prevent disease..

40 mortality is very high,that is to say there is an epidemic.. Its a good thing u washed the pond, and you should observe them diligently for some days and. Kindly get back to us if the death persist so as to know the next course of action.. God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
robonski16:

Too much algae can cause disease outbreak in a pond.. You should try and wash your pond more often to prevent disease..

40 mortality is very high,that is to say there is an epidemic.. Its a good thing u washed the pond, and you should observe them diligently for some days and. Kindly get back to us if the death persist so as to know the next course of action.. God bless

Thanks. I washed the pond thoroughly, but i'm currently treating the fishes out of the pond with antibiotics (aquadex plus) though i should have used anti-fungal as well and i'm also giving them multivitamins (livestovit which Excelsoir prescribed, thanks to him). So far they are doing fine and i hv seen improvement in their activities. Thanks 1derful people.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
robonski16:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayoola190: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2013
robonski16:

Washing of pond more often will be very stressful. Like how many times b4 harvest?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lifestyle1(m): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2013
Wow can't believe i read from page one to the last page. Good job! cool
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
ayoola190:
Washing of pond more often will be very stressful. Like how many times b4 harvest?

It depends on how fast it gets dirty.. Sometimes once in one or two months.. Algae forms when the pond is not shaded from direct sunlight..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
life_style: Wow can't believe i read from page one to the last page. Good job! cool

Wow kudos to you.. Welcome to the family.. smiley
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lifestyle1(m): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
robonski16:

Wow kudos to you.. Welcome to the family.. smiley

Thank you and if you wouldn't mind, i will like to pay a visit to your farm for sight seeing...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
life_style:

Thank you and if you wouldn't mind, i will like to pay a visit to your farm for sight seeing...

You are very much welcome...

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 10:44am On Aug 11, 2013
its been a while, i really miss the forum. Workload had been so hectic that i hardly have any time left. I thank God for those that have been keeping the thread alive and i m back for good to also make my own contribution. God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
@robonski, do u just wait to comment on posts. No new tin again? Haba! Anytin happenin on ur farm abi u don bele ful? I beg post some new tin i dey gbadun u jare.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
Thanks Ayosat, i finally bought my Robonski- inspired Zeigler feed yesterday at abatior. But am still in need of few matured tilapia, male n female. I need contact of where to purchase, any to help with that??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
DBounty: @robonski, do u just wait to comment on posts. No new tin again? Haba! Anytin happenin on ur farm abi u don bele ful? I beg post some new tin i dey gbadun u jare.

My brother it has not been easy with me in terms of work load.. I have been travelling a lot this days so I really don't have that time to post.

I am currently at one village called umuneke at owerri to consult for a farm, and it has been hectic.. Pls be patient with me.. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
@roboski pls send to me. yemiakeem20@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
ummmm bro robonski am been moved with wat u and ur friends Are saying we enjoy it pls send d soft copy my email is:johnadegbola4uall@gmail.com I don't want to rush to dis business and regret at d end of d day.thks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pls ppl, i've a set of catfish in stock nw which had bin sortd in2 big n smal, of recent there was an outbreak in d pond stock wit d smal ones, d sign was ther was gray colouration at d body which preceed remova of d skin afta which de eat themsef: i notice there 2 colours of this fishs sum are dark and d odas redish and dat dis disease afects mostly d dark ones.... pls hep m identify dis breeds and wot cud av went wrong
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by gbengaoa(m): 4:02am On Aug 12, 2013
please, where can i get good juvenile in Ilorin, will like to start with 200 juveniles in my backyard.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2013
DBounty: So far so good,quality fingerlings and juveniles at good prices. We covers ondo,ekiti,kogi osun and kwara states. Doorstep deliver if buying considerable quantity. Call 08150762813.
gbengaoa: please, where can i get good juvenile in Ilorin, will like to start with 200 juveniles in my backyard.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:41am On Aug 12, 2013
yemiakeem20: Pls ppl, i've a set of catfish in stock nw which had bin sortd in2 big n smal, of recent there was an outbreak in d pond stock wit d smal ones, d sign was ther was gray colouration at d body which preceed remova of d skin afta which de eat themsef: i notice there 2 colours of this fishs sum are dark and d odas redish and dat dis disease afects mostly d dark ones.... pls hep m identify dis breeds and wot cud av went wrong

They are suffering from what I call "skin away" crisis.. I will suggest you remove the fish from the pond and wash the pond thoroughly then pump in water just to cover the base of the pond and add salt.. Put them back inside the pond and after six hours, pump water into the pond to the normal level...observe them and keep up updated..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
You may pls cal d no i posted. Wil get in touch immediately.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
I nid to know d preparations on ground i.e earthen pond,concrete or plastic. Are u a newbie or existing catfish farmer.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
gbengaoa: please, where can i get good juvenile in Ilorin, will like to start with 200 juveniles in my backyard.
cal d no on post to get details. I nid to know ur pond prep and experience.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
thankz... i did dat d 1st day and afta sum motalities...i tink de ar bcomin norma. pls abt d breeds can u hep out? thanks once again
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
in hatching can i leave my egg shells more than 24hrs. and wen must i start syphoning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.