Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:13 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1504819 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
what's d kg/tonnage of veg you are producing with that system & what is d frequency of harvest
Mr excelsior it's been a long while. Will give you a shout out.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eseosa77(m): 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Omoedeki:

Give me your number

Marshal conglomerate .08055857141,07039391663
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 12:53am On Feb 14, 2016
From the management of Fhemmmy Motos..... Happy Valentine to all Nairalanders, today let us pause and show some love to someone..... love is more than flowers and word of mouth but.yup our heart.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
From us @ Chilanfarms Ltd. We wana love on all great farmers here free palatable smoke fish for u all but na una go come pick up ooooo grin we love all our esteem clients as Nigeria police love #100 tongue do hav a funful day celebrate with caution. Aguntasolo Olanrewaju. 07065874135. 08076515345. For: CLF

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by joeybillz(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
nne4:
Like l said earlier,l bought them 2 days ago and didn't give them feed till d next morning.so when i fed them i noticed they were not rushing d feed as i expected.Even this morning they did the same thing.l used to buy fish from d farm i bought this one but l haven't experience this kind thing b/4.pls need your reply my mentor.l'm using coppens for them now.
wat size of feed did u giv dem?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kamfeez: 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
Good evening pls anyone dat knows vital feed distributor number shld pls drop it, or where to get in lagos or ogun state. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Omoedeki: 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
soft777:
UDOFIA PLS YOU CAN SEND ME A MAIL AT egbadon.andrew@yahoo.com
Oga Soft how are you sir. I will place order for the feed this week hopefully on Tuesday. Pls kindly confirm by replying me on whatsapp. I want to be sure it's you.
I chatted with you yesterday
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Good evening NL. pls I want to venture into catfish farming on a small scale...I have been following this thread and I found it interesting.. I once had about 100 juvenile fishes last 2 years(2014) I used the geepee tank as my pond but the problem I encountered then was that they never grew at the same pace( one bigger than the other) though I kept them for my consumption., Now I want to start again cos I'm very much interested in the business.pls help as I don't want that to reoccur this tym around, thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
Good evening NL. pls I want to venture into catfish farming on a small scale...I have been following this thread and I found it interesting.. I once had about 100 juvenile fishes last 2 years(2014) I used the geepee tank as my pond but the problem I encountered then was that they never grew at the same pace( one bigger than the other) though I kept them for my consumption., Now I want to start again cos I'm very much interested in the business.pls help as I don't want that to reoccur this tym around, thanks
fishes don't grow at the same pace so u need at least two tanks/ponds to practice fish farm, you separate the bigger fishes from the smaller once as soon as u notice variation is sizes

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
miqos02:
fishes don't grow at the same pace so u need at least two tanks/ponds to practice fish farm, you separate the bigger fishes from the smaller once as soon as u notice variation is sizes
Thanks a lot but I still need some clarification.. can I add u on watsap?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
Thanks a lot but I still need some clarification.. can I add u on watsap?
its better u ask more questions here oh, we get bsc,msc and phd holders in fish farming here, u will get enuf response
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 5:45am On Feb 15, 2016
BAYELSA STATE DISTRIBUTOR
Magnet Gelatin Feed now available@ Donclassic Farm
#232 Mbiama Yenagoa Road
Amarata opposite Ambi Supermarket
Soki Busstop
Yenagoa
Bayelsa State

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 8:17am On Feb 15, 2016
miqos02:
its better u ask more questions here oh, we get bsc,msc and phd holders in fish farming here, u will get enuf response
OK but how many fishes can I raise in a 1000litres geepee tank?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 9:53am On Feb 15, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
what's d kg/tonnage of veg you are producing with that system & what is d frequency of harvest

I am just about to expand the plantation and this is the first cycle. Lettuce have a gestation period of 6-7weeks so with proper scheduling, a weekly harvest is feasible. I will weigh when they are ripe for harvest before eating... Lol.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BELEXYFARMS(m): 10:33am On Feb 15, 2016
vickifeanyi47:

50 - 70 full grown adults. Can be pushed to 100 fishes if u are ready to do regular flow through.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BELEXYFARMS(m): 10:38am On Feb 15, 2016
abdulumar:

I am just about to expand the plantation and this is the first cycle. Lettuce have a gestation period of 6-7weeks so with proper scheduling, a weekly harvest is feasible. I will weigh when they are ripe for harvest before eating... Lol.

How did you plant the lettuce? Did u just cut small holes in styrofoam for the seeds and drop the styrofoam in ur fish ponds?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
vickifeanyi47:

100 max
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
miqos02:

100 max
OK but can I keep it outside..I mean under the sunlight or should it be kept in a shady environs?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atoleybaba(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
Kneyo:
Hi everyone, I wanna use this opportunity to thank everyone that has contributed to the growth of this thread one way or the other.
I need you guys help with the mortality of my 6day old fries in concrete pond. I feed them artemia, I change the water everyday, and siphon the dirts under the water with a small pipe or I clean with foam.
I also want you guys to recommend a good feed for them apart from artemia. Thank you.
u are stressing them by changing water everyday Na ...just siphon and do flow thru
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atoleybaba(m): 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hello farmers and farmers to be..am repping threefold cord fish farming based in ikorodu we are also based in fish farm estate. We av fries, finglings(#10) and juvenile(#20) available so if you are interested u could place a call or whatsapp on 08132563752..cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
OK but can I keep it outside..I mean under the sunlight or should it be kept in a shady environs?
a shaded environment is advised
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
miqos02:
a shaded environment is advised
OK thanks again
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
Good evening NL. pls I want to venture into catfish farming on a small scale...I have been following this thread and I found it interesting.. I once had about 100 juvenile fishes last 2 years(2014) I used the geepee tank as my pond but the problem I encountered then was that they never grew at the same pace( one bigger than the other) though I kept them for my consumption., Now I want to start again cos I'm very much interested in the business.pls help as I don't vwant that to reoccur this tym around, thanks
Vickie u can chat wiv me on 07065874135 all will guide u thru n thru. U are welcome back... the future is here n very bright! Chilanfarms say so!!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=chilanfarms post=42950722] Vickie u can chat wiv me on 07065874135 all will guide u thru n thru. U are welcome back... the future is here n very bright! Chilanfarms say so!!!![/quote on watsap u mean?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
joeybillz:
wat size of feed did u giv dem?
did u give dem multivitamin? Some fish will eat well while some wont...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
sosolid007:
Can anyone please tell me where I can get these tanks from. Somwhere around south west will be more convienent. want to expnd my hatchery since i had a succesful hatchey and harvest.
hi sosolid, u can get dem @ Ibadan d last time I check it's #12k that's if dollar nefa affect am sah, u can contact me on 07065874135 if u want me to help u reaffirm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2016
Any fish farmer in calabar? Someone needs 100 fingerlings to experiment with.

Any magnet gelatine feed distributor in calabar?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AAITinuke: 11:02am On Feb 16, 2016
Good morning to all the ogas, all other protocol observed. in d house i troway salute oo.
i want to ask how i can mix multivitamin and antibiotics to pelleted feeds like the pelleted gelatin feed, coppens feed and other pelleted feed

Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Hormohtoondeh(f): 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
pls I have been raising my fries for the past 2months now Nd they r yet to reach juveline stage. actually dis is my first experience with hatching. I feed dem with coppens 0.5 Nd d bigger ones with durante 1mm
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Haladas: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hello everyone, i m overwhelmed with so much info here. i just love u all. still on page 42. hope to catch up quickly. @robonski15, please send me the manual (hoping, it's still available), my mail is sandrachiboka@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by joeybillz(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
robonski15:
OYO GELATIN FEED DISTRIBUTOR:

TEHILLA FARMS
ADDRESS: FASUSI CLOSE, (BESIDE THE LORD REEINETH NURSERY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL) TOKO-TAYA GBADA OJOO,IBADAN.
TELEPHONE: 08035099049 08054476918

DESIRE FARMS
ADDRESS: SHOP 6 OJA ISALE, llora oyo state
PHONE NUMBER: 08168271702 08101099377
bro any auchi distributor?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
joeybillz:
bro any auchi distributor?

Bro the closest is in Benin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.