Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1504683 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eseosa77(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
joeybillz:
bro any auchi distributor?

@joebillz you can contact me in Benin city for galetin feeds
Marshal Conglomerates
Royal shopping mall,64,1st east circular road,
Benin city
Edo state
Tel.08055857141,07039391663
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eseosa77(m): 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
joeybillz:
bro any auchi distributor?

Marshal Conglomerates
Royal shopping mall,#64,1st east circular road,
Benin city
Edo state
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
Haladas:
Hello everyone, i m overwhelmed with so much info here. i just love u all. still on page 42. hope to catch up quickly. @robonski15, please send me the manual (hoping, it's still available), my mail is sandrachiboka@gmail.com Thank you.

Hello sir, which manual are you talking about.. This thread is all the manual we need. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
kniceport1:
Good evening all,i am most grateful to all the gurus in the house, the likes of robonski,juvefarms and others.It has been real success stories.I can assure anybody in the house,if you follow the teaching,advice and steps given in the forum from all the gurus,it will be good news all the way.
I started the hatchery on small capacity,with God's blessings and your advice,its become a big thing of joy.
I pray God reward you with His grace,blessing and strength for all your good work and assistance to others.Thank you.
pls are the tanks for hatchery only or do you use for growing fish to table size!?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Haladas: 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
@robonski15, from the beginning of this thread, you have been mailing/sending people handouts/manuals. i am still reading through and have made notes on things i know i may not get information on again. today, i made a decision to look for a job so as to raise money to start my farm (as its been difficult to get family and friends to lend me). And by the way, i m not a 'sir', i m a lady. lol. smiley. thanks. my mail is sandrachiboka@gmail.com.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Haladas:
@robonski15, from the beginning of this thread, you have been mailing/sending people handouts/manuals. i am still reading through and have made notes on things i know i may not get information on again. today, i made a decision to look for a job so as to raise money to start my farm (as its been difficult to get family and friends to lend me). And by the way, i m not a 'sir', i m a lady. lol. smiley. thanks. my mail is sandrachiboka@gmail.com.

Hello ma, pls kindly go to the E-BOOK AND MANUALS section of www.agricnetwork.com .. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:29am On Feb 17, 2016
Hormohtoondeh:
pls I have been raising my fries for the past 2months now Nd they r yet to reach juveline stage. actually dis is my first experience with hatching. I feed dem with coppens 0.5 Nd d bigger ones with durante 1mm

0.5 mm over two months that's unacceptable.. Is the pond over stocked?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:30am On Feb 17, 2016
AAITinuke:
Good morning to all the ogas, all other protocol observed. in d house i troway salute oo.
i want to ask how i can mix multivitamin and antibiotics to pelleted feeds like the pelleted gelatin feed, coppens feed and other pelleted feed

Thank you

Yes sir you can...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by impeccablephili: 2:55am On Feb 17, 2016
@robonski15 Do you have juvenile on ground for sale?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
robonski15:

Yes sir you can...

My Don, pls kindly give the delivery date of the juvenile to Abuja. I paid last week Thursday and since you said the delivery date is one week interval, i have spoken to your market manager but he said he will get back to me but no response from him yet
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by joeybillz(m): 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
eseosa77:

Marshal Conglomerates
Royal shopping mall,64,1st east circular road,
Benin city
Edo state
aiit tanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sagac10us: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
1 HP electric pumping machine for sale.
interested persons., should contact SAGACIOUS on 08137138189.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AAITinuke: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
robonski15:

Yes sir you can...

thank you sir for your quick response

how can i mix the multivitamins to coopens, vital feed and other pelleted feeds
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kneyo(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
atoleybaba:
u are stressing them by changing water everyday Na ...just siphon and do flow thru
Thanks brother. Can you send me a picture of a standard flow through pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olabakefish: 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
Oga Robonski15, We are still waiting for the Agege Distributor for the convenience of those of us in abule-egba, alagbado and environs
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ttalk:

My Don, pls kindly give the delivery date of the juvenile to Abuja. I paid last week Thursday and since you said the delivery date is one week interval, i have spoken to your market manager but he said he will get back to me but no response from him yet

Hello boss lets have a chat on whatsapp.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 8:30am On Feb 18, 2016
robonski15:

Hello boss lets have a chat on whatsapp.. Thanks

Sir, I'm not on whatsapp, my number is in the msg i send to your email, thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donsufia: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2016
Jesusbaby6:
Any fish farmer in calabar? Someone needs 100 fingerlings to experiment with.

Any magnet gelatine feed distributor in calabar?

There is a gelatin feeds distributor in Uyo You can call Mr Donald on: 08067081256
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
olabakefish:
Oga Robonski15, We are still waiting for the Agege Distributor for the convenience of those of us in abule-egba, alagbado and environs

If you need some of the gelatin, I bought more than I really needed and won't mind to sell off some at same price I bought and willing to pay for the transportation....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by flamxy682(m): 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Good day everyone, am abt to venture into cat fish farming. Can someone help me with an estimate of how much I could spend on feed, for 3000 fishes?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
flamxy682:
Good day everyone, am abt to venture into cat fish farming. Can someone help me with an estimate of how much I could spend on feed, for 3000 fishes?

Thank you
Budget average of N250 per fish if you are using local feed of 40% crude protein from 3month
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nycobama: 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
Is it possible to do catfish farming indoor?

I will like people in the house to advise me on the type of pond to use. I'm moving to my site and I have a compound and extra 3 bedroom flat which I intend using for fish farming. I live abroad and we do buy some extremely large catfish here tho we know they have their style of breading them. I'm planing to go through some training here before coming home to combine the experience here with the one I will learn relating with Nigeria setting. Kindly send useful guide/information to my email or add me on WhatsApp olumidepopoola44@gmail.com +60146489827
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by flamxy682(m): 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ttalk:

Budget average of N250 per fish if you are using local feed of 40% crude protein from 3month

250 x 3000= 750,000

Kai! Thanks bro
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olabakefish: 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Fhemmmy:

If you need some of the gelatin, I bought more than I really needed and won't mind to sell off some at same price I bought and willing to pay for the transportation....

@Fhemmy, let's talk on whatsapp with 08057410791 or call on 07032862968. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by barby008: 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
abdulumar:

I am just about to expand the plantation and this is the first cycle. Lettuce have a gestation period of 6-7weeks so with proper scheduling, a weekly harvest is feasible. I will weigh when they are ripe for harvest before eating... Lol.

Pls where is ur location,sir?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
olabakefish:

@Fhemmy, let's talk on whatsapp with 08057410791 or call on 07032862968. Thanks

OK, will do
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tzen: 7:19am On Feb 19, 2016
flamxy682:

Thank you
There are variations on how much you could spend on fishes. It's dependent on the kind of feed u wanna use(local feed or imported).
I advice u start with imported, u can reverse to local after at 2months.
For 3000fishes, budget abt #400000 at d least in feeding them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by GOLDLOVER: 10:26am On Feb 19, 2016
flamxy682:

Thank you
Hello, it all depends on your target weight, type of feed and your management.
If you use the gelatin feed and your target is 1kg average weight then it is safe to budget 1kg feed per fish. In other words you would need approx. 3,000 kg ( 60 bags).
At #10,000 per bag, you would need #600,000.
Note, a bag of gelatin feed may cost #11,000 per bag depending on location. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:12am On Feb 19, 2016
Tzen:

There are variations on how much you could spend on fishes. It's dependent on the kind of feed u wanna use(local feed or imported).
I advice u start with imported, u can reverse to local after at 2months.
For 3000fishes, budget abt #400000 at d least in feeding them.

There is no how you would use 133 to raise a catfish to attain 1kg, even if you are using earthen pond. The best way to go is feed your fish quality feeds and you would get quality result without stressing yourself

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by GOLDLOVER: 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ttalk:

There is no how you would use 133 to raise a catfish to attain 1kg, even if you are using earthen pond. The best way to go is feed your fish quality feeds and you would get quality result without stressing yourself
Very true 133 naira is not possible. If one should use foreign feeds all through then even one million naira may not be enough. But what you put in determines what you get.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
please i'm urgently in need of broodstock pls contact to belp 07063831176 my location lagos

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 6:32am On Feb 20, 2016
BELEXYFARMS:

How did you plant the lettuce? Did u just cut small holes in styrofoam for the seeds and drop the styrofoam in ur fish ponds?

Create a nursery for them, either soil based or like in my case I used foam. Sprinkle ammonia rich water on it for a few days and the magic is done. When the plants shed off their seed leaves and have true leaves you transplant into the aquaponics system. Therein, growth is rapid.

The general idea is to mimic the nature in soil... If you water a plant it evaporates or the soil takes it in... It's not water logged otherwise it would spoil. Sorry for the delayed response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.