Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1500927 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 5:50am On Jun 11, 2016
aoladayo:
You need a bricklayer basically someone with experience and depending on the positioning in your compound you want to construct it require careful and experienced hand to implement it, but you must supervise it strictly. You can buy ready made vibrated blocks of size 9inch from first coach make sure mixed gravel if filled in it to make it strong as against collapse.

But first you need to map out your location and intended sizes of pond like mine being an indoor pond plus I had gravel already cost me like 160k though with tiles and a special waterproofing mix to give the cement strength and repelling against water absorption.

@item4biz why going through all this stress, our type of wooden mobile tarpaulin pond is durable and very easy to maintain DIY maintenance and at AMSA Concepts and Agro allied services our price is flexible.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jswart: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2016
saheed3:
@item4biz why going through all this stress, our type of wooden mobile tarpaulin pond is durable and very easy to maintain DIY maintenance and at AMSA Concepts and Agro allied services our price is flexible.

Can we see pictures of your wooden pond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
godwinufi68:
the boss i so mch appreciate ur advise, i hv carried out the test by putting few in a plastic bowl and to my observation they are swimming wel, smart and responding to feeding, but after abt 3 hours i found out dat there are little red foams on the water surface also red dirt @ the bottom. Pls my ogas them do advice an amateur like me, tnks.
how are the fishes now? About the foam,possible reason is the water got low in oxygen or there are organism/organic things in the water that was decomposing(the eyes might not be able to see some).For the red particle,it could be when taking the water you took along with it soil particles, it could be the organic material that i mentioned,it could be that the soil has high iron content/some iron content.The best will be to just do lab analysis,since you dont want to gamble your funds.It is important to know that too high iron content could retard the growth of your fishes,so dont come blaming a breeder for not evaluating
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donnaheff: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ttalk:

I have seen your mail, and i'm trying to get in touch with someone around your area who is into fingerlings production.

You dont have to come to my end for that small quantity of feed. There is a member i'm presently working on her 3 in 1 pelleting, grinding and power generating machine which would be ready by this Saturday. You can easily get your local feed supplyfrom her but before then get other things ready
good day, can i get the cost of this machine
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Senator060: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
@ all Nairalander. Plz I need fish feed around Ado Ekiti. All effort to get today proved abortive and these fishes start fasting tonight till God knows.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
Senator060:
@ all Nairalander. Plz I need fish feed around Ado Ekiti. All effort to get today proved abortive and these fishes start fasting tonight till God knows.
in the interim formulate your feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Senator060: 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
in the interim formulate your feed

Bro, am a new farmer. My fish is just 1month and 2days old.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
Senator060:

Bro, am a new farmer. My fish is just 1month and 2days old.
they can still feed on local feed,but better you ask someone to send from a location close to ado. Note: be sure of the person,so we wont be called to settle issues. It is not good to fast your fishes if they are not sick,though if you leave them for a month,they wont die,but could become runts for life.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by okaramath: 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
For agricultural gist, be it farming or agricultural technology, and use of medicinal crops, call 07038408983
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by showmedmoney: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
robonski15:
@manweysabi u can contact me by mail robonski15@gmail.com God bless u..

Send me a mail via olubashiru@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Jswart:

Can we see pictures of your wooden pond
here are some samples

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stan4b(m): 12:10am On Jun 12, 2016
saheed3:
here are some samples
Hello, pls, I ll love to get a tarpaulin, or a tarpaulin pond worth around 13 to 15000naira dat can contain atleasts 100 fishes, but not too wide, pls let me know if it's possible , it's urgent. Awaiting ur response. Tanx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 4:43am On Jun 12, 2016
stan4b:

Hello, pls, I ll love to get a tarpaulin, or a tarpaulin pond worth around 13 to 15000naira dat can contain atleasts 100 fishes, but not too wide, pls let me know if it's possible , it's urgent. Awaiting ur response. Tanx
pls what u said u need is not clear sir, you may WhatsApp me or email me for quick response sir... 08069635951, Saheed.amao@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by godwinufi68(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
how are the fishes now? About the foam,possible reason is the water got low in oxygen or there are organism/organic things in the water that was decomposing(the eyes might not be able to see some).For the red particle,it could be when taking the water you took along with it soil particles, it could be the organic material that i mentioned,it could be that the soil has high iron content/some iron content.The best will be to just do lab analysis,since you dont want to gamble your funds.It is important to know that too high iron content could retard the growth of your fishes,so dont come blaming a breeder for not evaluating
noted sir tnks. The fishes are ok, Plz i hv 200 juvenile in my pond and wat 2 giv prevention treatment...... Wat quantity of salt is advisable to apply? Awaiting our mentors response; may Jehovah grant success to us all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cation(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2016
saheed3:
here are some samples
how much does it cost and did u use EKI wood.in my area now we use angle bar for the skeleton
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2016
After breakfast.. Second day of feeding.

Guys, how can I have a precise spot from feeding. They seems to be scatter all over the pond.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
omisakint:
After breakfast.. Second day of feeding.

Guys, how can I have a precise spot from feeding. They seems to be scatter all over the pond.

maintain a spot to be feeding from with time they get used to the spot once it's feed time they will all gather there waiting for you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
saheed3:
maintain a spot to be feeding from with time they get used to the spot once it's feed time they will all gather there waiting for you.

Thanks bro
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by memofomo: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ttalk:

I have seen your mail, and i'm trying to get in touch with someone around your area who is into fingerlings production.

You dont have to come to my end for that small quantity of feed. There is a member i'm presently working on her 3 in 1 pelleting, grinding and power generating machine which would be ready by this Saturday. You can easily get your local feed supplyfrom her but before then get other things ready

my Oga thank you for your assistance, I was in Mr Isa's farm (Gwani Farms) yesterday. you need to see the way the man attended to us,he took us round the farm,the poultry section, concrete and earthing pond section etc. I've been reading how the ogas on this thread have been assisting new farmers but yesterday was my first hand experience. I have no doubt that Nigeria will be a better place if we continue this way.
Feed? He connected me with one feeds seller close to my area, everything was just made easy for me through this forum to Mr Ttalk to Mr ISA and the feed seller

Thanks boss, I will update you as we progress
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pearlyfish: 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ttalk:
Yes the solution is here, we can now take a breath of relief from the economic downturn that is hitting every sector most especially the one that is affecting us as fish farmer.

In the past few weeks we have been hit with increase in the price of feed as well as unavailability of electricity to pump water into our ponds. Feed that was sold 16months ago at N3800 is now been sold at N7,000 and above nonetheless the price of fish has remain the same. Many newbie who depend on PHCN and gasoline generator to power their farm no longer find it funny. The increase in electricity tariff couple with almost zero supply of electricity has dealt a big blow to many farms, this has equally been compounded with filling stations staff who demand additional money from gullible farmers that only need fuel for his generator. Many filling stations bluntly denied selling fuel for farmers and the one who sell collect extra money while you only get half of what you paid for. No thanks to doctored dispensing meter by cunning fuel attendants.

Just as we are trying to cope with this harsh situation, the increment in price of fuel came in and a litre of gasoline jump from 87naira to 145naira.
Purchasing power of average Nigerian shrank as the economy goes into recession with 2 consecutive quarter giving negative signs. This is indeed a trying time for business people in Nigeria. Small scale businesses are folding up while the struggling ones are making huge loss. When the time get tough the tough gets going and it take a tough mind to venture into fish farm business in Nigeria where the business terrain is very rough.

NOW THE SURVIVAL PLAN:
This economic reality has led to the development of a means of generating power and feed production for individual farm that brings about the designing of 3 in 1 grinding, pelleting and power generating system for farm. The GPP Diesel Machine can now supply your farm with the electricity to power your farm as well as serves as production unit for your fish feed you only need to tap into this innovation and you will be relieved of unnecessary expenses. It will enable you to take control of your business and makes you have a foundation to excel in fish farm.

Here i unveil for the first time in our generation a powerful 3 in 1,multipurpose locally made machine that grind, pelletise and provide power supply to your farm

Thanks to Mr Robonski for creating this platform for us to interact. Also to those who bought into the 2 in 1 grinding and pelleting idea and others who have been encouraging us and to all members of this forum.

My appreciation to Mrs Pat from Federal Ministry of Agriculture for your support into this wonderful breakthrough, @Pearlyfish of nairaland you have been a wonderful woman, permit me to post your 3 in 1 GPP machine that we just completed.

Note: I will be available to answer questions pertaining to this project but all purchasing requests will not be answered on this forum so as not to derail progress of this educative thread. You can channel such question to my mail at goldgate2003@yahoo.com

Attention:

cc

Min on Agriculture, Fed Rep of Nig.
Distinguish Senators of Federal Republic of Nigeria
Honourable Members, Federal Republic of Nigeria,
State Commissioners for Agriculture
Empowerment and Entreprenuership Agencies/Institutions/ Parastatals
Private Agricultural Farms
Concerned Individuals
Hello @Ttalk, thank you very much for the prompt delivery of my 3 in 1 GPP Machine. She is a Machine indeed. What a wonderful construction from you and your team. The speed with which the pelleting machine pelleted that feed yesterday was faster than I expected. I am eagerly waiting to test the grinding machine tomorrow. God bless you and your team for this wonderful job.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olorunosebilae: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
Mr ttalk,pls what is the price of ur 3inone machine you can also whatsapp me on 07062637054
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aoladayo(m): 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
1.Ttalk abeg what's the cost of the machine and also 2.Mr Saheed3 what will it cost to construct a 40ft x 5ft trampoline pond sectioned into 4 or 5 rooms
3.Pls i stay around Alagbado Lagos where can I get a reliable and good local feed I am not knowledgeable on the formulation yet.

4. Still a new farmer more advice are welcome Pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:10am On Jun 13, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
farmers verify this?could save cost
i.e check whether authentic & adhere yourself the opportunity. And dont forget to do testing if in doubt of cp etc.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2016
Good day to everone in the house. To those that have been requesting to know the price and specifications of our 3 in 1 GPP, i hope this information would guide us in making decision as regard 3 in 1 GPP diesel engine.
It comes in different designs just like generator sets comes in different KWA and KVA depending on what you want to use it for. I will simplified it into [4] four categories
Small 3 in 1 GPP
Medium 3 in 1 GPP
Giant 3 in 1 GPP
Super Giant 3 in 1 GPP

Small 3 in 1 GPP is powered by 175 diesel engine and uses between 5kva and 7.5kva alternator
Functions: Can powered conveniently 3 one and half HP of pumping machine conveniently with some other light equipment
Average pelleting rate is 50kg per hour
It grinds soft and cooked ingredients such as boiled corn
Minimum price of this is 350k excluding transportation

This is ideal for farm with capacity of up to 6000 fishes

Fuel consumption average 2-3 hours per 1 litre

Note: Using kick starter will require u buying kick starter accessories and installation. Most 175 diesel does not come with kick starter

Medium 3 in 1 GPP is powered by 195 diesel engine and uses between 7.5kva to 10kva alternator
Functions: Can powered conveniently 4 one and half HP of pumping machine conveniently with some other light equipment
Average pelleting rate is 80kg per hour
It grinds soft to cooked and raw materials
Minimum price 470k excluding transportation
This is ideal for farm with capacity of up to 10,000 fishes
Fuel consumption average 1 and half hour per litre

Note: Most 195 diesel engine comes with kick starter but you buy the battery and cord plus installation fees

Giant 3 in 1 GPP is powered by 1110 diesel engine and uses between 10kva to 12kva alternator
Function: Can powered conveniently 6 one and half HP of pumping machine conveniently with some light equipment
Average pelleting rate is 150kg per hour
It grinds soft to cooked and raw material in fairly large quantity
Minimum price 550k excluding transportation
This is ideal for farm with capacity of over 10,000 fishes
Fuel consumption average 1 hour per litre

Note: 1110 diesel engine comes with kick starter but you buy the battery and battery cord plus installation fees

Super Giant 3 in 1 GPP diesel engine is powered by 1115 diesel engine and uses between 10kva to 15kva alternator
Function: Can powered conveniently 8 one and half HP of pumping machine conveniently with some light equipment
Average pelleting rate is 200kg per hour
It grinds soft to cooked and raw materials in large quantity
Minimum price 600k excluding transportation
This is ideal for farm with capacity of 15,000 fishes and above.
It is equally ideal for local feed production
Fuel consumption average 40min per litre

Advantages of 3 in 1 GPP
1. Fuel efficiency: Fuel consumption is relatively low compare to gasoline engine.
2. Flexible Design: The design is flexible and can be assemble by farmer without spending extra cost on technician.
3. Flexible Maintenance: Maintenance is equally flexible and can be routinely done by the farmer
4. Recycling of Feed Waste: Waste feed can be recycle thereby guarantee optimum utilisation of feed ingredient
5. Feed Manipulation: Farmer will be at ease to manipulate feed formulation to arrive at best formula and save cost
6. Eliminate Miscellaneous Cost: Miscellaneous cost such as transportation cost is eliminated as farmer produces feed in his/her farm
7. Feed can be prepare in quantity that is required by fish weekly thereby ensuring maximum feed rate and best FCR
8.Guarantee right percentage inclusion ingredient and elimination of sharp practices that occur in feed mill by unscrupulous feed mill
attendants
9. Space economy: 3 in 1 GPP occupies very small portion of your feedmill as every unit is assembled on a single shelf. You dont have to spent extra cost building generator house to power your equipment.
10. Mobility: 3 in 1 GPP can easily be moved from one location to another
11. Availability of parts: The parts can be obtain at nearby local store without stress of importation
12. Repairs: In the event of repairs can be carried out by qualified diesel generator technicians around you

1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
I am ready to support everyone and if not in my ability, i try to introduce such to those that has the capability and could help.

Just a word of advice; Let there be integrity. Dont take more than what you could efficiently produce and integrity in timing also counts.

The LOrd will announce you to the world.

Thanks for the word of encouragement and i will assure you that idea was not driven by financial gain, rather it was driven by genuine passion to succeed together with hard working people that have chosen to go into fish farming. It is simply borne out of an idea of using a stone to kill three birds. We are continually been frustrated daily by the environment that we rely on to succeed. Local production is the only survival way to go
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
To all fish farmers in Asokoro, Maitama, Yanyan, Karu, Jikwoyi, Mararaba, Massaka axis in Nassarawa State can now visit Pearlyfish @ pearlyfish farm to pellet your feed. Her Super Giant GPP Diesel Engine is rugged and eager to pellet large quantity of feed of different sizes from 2mm, 4mm, 6mm and 8mm.

pearlyfish:
Hello @Ttalk, thank you very much for the prompt delivery of my 3 in 1 GPP Machine. She is a Machine indeed. What a wonderful construction from you and your team. The speed with which the pelleting machine pelleted that feed yesterday was faster than I expected. I am eagerly waiting to test the grinding machine tomorrow. God bless you and your team for this wonderful job.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aoladayo(m): 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
I have been hearing quite so much about this CP testing being a new farmer, I'm actually an engineer so I am sincerely grateful to you guys for sharing a lot of information both personal, technical and business wise; so back to my question how do you perform a CP testing and if not going to be too long a thread can some help with how to make your own local feed of good quality. Thanks
excelsiorfarm:
i.e check whether authentic & adhere yourself the opportunity. And dont forget to do testing if in doubt of cp etc.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Thanks guys for your input. Got to my pond this evening and saw 2 fishes floating. What could be the cause? And possible solution. #dull
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Senator060: 8:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
Plz I need formula for local feed of fingerlings, 1month, 2.months, 3.months and 4months. I can't bear the expensive feed. Adult farmers help plz
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ohamng: 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello. Pls, i need your advice, i want to go into catfish smoking, i want to be using charcoal oven,what are the logic behind producing a quality smoke fish that wont be breaking, shrinking and is there any value for the oil collected from the fish. Also, i need general advice. Thanks alot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Deogratiasfx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.