Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493668 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by condi1704(m): 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
robonski15:

it depends on the system used in raising them... If u use a flow through system it is 100 to 150 fishes per square metre. Recirculatory is 300 per square metre, earthen pond is 50 per square metre..
@ robonski, excelsior & ab1x. You guys are God sent. May the Lord reward u abundantly. Concerning above, what should be the stocking rate per square meter in a concrete pond where water is to be exchanged twice weekly. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thanks everbody 4 advises and motivations, i wil surely start 4rm d very begining. i apreciate
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mikanju: 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hi.Please I am new on this tred and I can see that I have missed a lot and I must confess you guys are doing a great job.God bless you all! Please if I want to start small 1,000 fishes,how much do I need to do everything from the scratch I.e pond (d best type),fingerlings,etc.Please your advice and mentorship will be highly appreciated.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
practicalclass: Question pls: is melange the size of fish u sell to peppersoup joint owners?

Melange size is normally the smoked catfish..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
yemiakeem20: Thanks everbody 4 advises and motivations, i wil surely start 4rm d very begining. i apreciate

That's the spirit.. We are solidly behind you.. I would love to meet you in person and also to show you how I run things in my farm.. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
mikanju: Hi.Please I am new on this tred and I can see that I have missed a lot and I must confess you guys are doing a great job.God bless you all! Please if I want to start small 1,000 fishes,how much do I need to do everything from the scratch I.e pond (d best type),fingerlings,etc.Please your advice and mentorship will be highly appreciated.

I will advice you start the thread from the first page to date, it will help you answer all you need to know.. We have dealt extensively on ponds, fingerlings etc.. It may be Strenuous, but I bet it is worth it.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hello house, something just came to my mind which I think I must share since one of us said he made losses. I'll employ everyone of us to try and get scale even if it is 50KG, it does not cost more than N5500.00.

If you are a fish farmer and u don't have a scale then you have not started yet because you are just working for the fish buyer. I tell you 99.5% of fish buyer uses fake scale. They are so cunny and there is no way u will know that their scale is not correct unless you use your scale.

Just my two cents.

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mikanju: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
robonski16:

I will advice you start the thread from the first page to date, it will help you answer all you need to know.. We have dealt extensively on ponds, fingerlings etc.. It may be Strenuous, but I bet it is worth it.. Thanks
. Thanks,I think I will just do that cos its worth it!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
yemiakeem20,post your email & let me send my manual to u ,at d same time ab1X advise on having your own scale is important- because many(on light terms) fishbuyers are cheat, also if u have any more enquiry, i blieve we are all here to assist one another.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mikanju: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
@robonski16 can I get your mail add? My mail add is dunaidacute@yahoo.com and my bb pin is 292E5CBF.Please I will like to have some discussion with you,tnx.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mikanju: 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
@robonski sorry I already got that.Pls accept my request on ur bb,tnx.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by zubis05: 9:24am On Aug 18, 2013
@robonski16..my oga pls I need info on the songhai farms. Really interested. Website,course durations,fees and everything other thing you feel will be useful to me. Thanks in advance...aukpi@yahoo.com is my email.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2013
@Excel my email is yemiakeem20@gmail.com thank u all...@ Robonski i wl lik visiting pls where is ur farm
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
i equaly intend 2 stock 1000 fingerlings, i want u ppl 2 recomend wher 2 buy around ijebu ode or beta stil if i can buy 4rm a memba here
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
yemiakeem20: @Excel my email is yemiakeem20@gmail.com thank u all...@ Robonski i wl lik visiting pls where is ur farm
i already sent u my manual, all the best, u can make more enquiry,i be willing to help
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i already sent u my manual, all the best, u can make more enquiry,i be willing to help
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i already sent u my manual, all the best, u can make more enquiry,i be willing to help

THANK U AND GOD BLESS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
yemiakeem20:
THANK U AND GOD BLESS
THANK GOD
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Between Aerator and bio disc(though expensive) which one is a must have?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
zubis05: @robonski16..my oga pls I need info on the songhai farms. Really interested. Website,course durations,fees and everything other thing you feel will be useful to me. Thanks in advance...aukpi@yahoo.com is my email.
What u are lookin for at Songhai is right here in naija. I suggest u attend d trainin of Roboski, aquatic1, abx and Excelsior. These guyz are masters or gurus in dis field. Plus they understand naija market n its peculiar chalenges. Its saves u feedin n acomodatn cost.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hello everyone, its been long I post on here, have been busy with a client at ewekoro ogun state, she just got 3 acre of land, mainly for fish farm and part for poultry, that has kept me busy for a while. Back to topic, its great am seeing a lot of people excel in the business.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
I sell fingerlings and juvenile in large quantity, some members of this topic has gotten from me, and they are happy with the stock, contact me for the 1000pcs of fingerlings. Check my signature for my contact details.

yemiakeem20: i equaly intend 2 stock 1000 fingerlings, i want u ppl 2 recomend wher 2 buy around ijebu ode or beta stil if i can buy 4rm a memba here
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
samshoz: Between Aerator and bio disc(though expensive) which one is a must have?
let be talk on this,aerator supplies oxygen which is essential for growth,disease risk etc.for bio disc,it energise d water,help reduce disease risk etc.both are good but yr choice.my plead is to robonski to discuss with his friend that d price he sells is bio disc high small,i have check dhgate,com & aliexpress.com for current prices..op God bless bro
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
samshoz: What u are lookin for at Songhai is right here in naija. I suggest u attend d trainin of Roboski, aquatic1, abx and Excelsior. These guyz are masters or gurus in dis field. Plus they understand naija market n its peculiar chalenges. Its saves u feedin n acomodatn cost.
many at times i wonder what people are looking for,roboski had gone & impacting people with what he learnt there,also a friend that worked there for more than 5yrs & back in naija,i helped him in his project in
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
excelsiorfarm: many at times i wonder what people are looking for,roboski had gone & impacting people with what he learnt there,also a friend that worked there for more than 5yrs & back in naija,i helped him in his project in
calabar, though i was in ghana in 2006, instead my advise is save cost & contact roboski,except u want to c how west africa country b,God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
My Ogas @ d top,please how can I treat my fishes? I discovered there are tiny worm like agents on their body.By d way I use an earthen pond.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
robonski16:

Melange size is normally the smoked catfish..

Which size is best to sell to peppersoup joint owners?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
zubis05: @robonski16..my oga pls I need info on the songhai farms. Really interested. Website,course durations,fees and everything other thing you feel will be useful to me. Thanks in advance...aukpi@yahoo.com is my email.

Songhai centre, port novo benin..

Email: formation@songhai.org or songhai@songhai.org..

Tel: +229 20 24 60 92/ 20 24 68 81
www.songhai.org

All what u need to know about fish farming u can likewise get it here in nigeria..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
practicalclass:

Which size is best to sell to peppersoup joint owners?

Tables size.. From 1kg and above.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
robonski16:

Tables size.. From 1kg and above.

Hope they wont buy it at a bad price?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
practicalclass:

Hope they wont buy it at a bad price?

It depends on your negotiation power.. But I guess the pepper soup joint buy it much better than the market women..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
TOKUGAWA: My Ogas @ d top,please how can I treat my fishes? I discovered there are tiny worm like agents on their body.By d way I use an earthen pond.

The kind of pond u use will determine the cause of the disease. You need to drain the water in your pond. Try and mix salt with ashes(eru) and NCO. Sprinkle it on their body and all over the pond. Leave them for at least 3 hours before releasing water on them. Also, leave them for atleast 48 hours before you feed them and when u want to feed them at first, feed them little by little. Cheers mate.

The above method is how to treat fish in earthen pond.

However, in concrete or any other pond, u only need to replace ashes with Potassium parmaganate(PG), all other things remain the same ie Salt and NCO.

The above methods can treat any kind of disease involving catfish.

Thanks,

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.