Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493995 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
mrsgift:
please house i need grinding and pelleting machine.

Contact ttalk
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
fzero:

Contact ttalk
Sir, thanks for the recommendation bro. He's contact me already
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by paulavon: 4:38am On Nov 20, 2016
anyiway:
[b][/b]1st month
1mm=50bags.

2nd month
3 & 4mm=50bags.

3rd month
4.5mm & 6mm=50bags.

4th month
9mm=50bags.

Someone gave me this estimate for feeding 5,000 fingerlings to maturity in four months. Your expert advice and estimate will be highly appreciated.

My brother those quotations are well out of line,since you are new in the biz it is advisable you stock post fingerlings or Juveniles. Even if you stock Fingerlings,5000 fishes will not eat more than 1 bag of 1mm before they become post in less than 2 weeks,in another two weeks you buy like 3 bags of 1.8mm skretting feed that will take them to Juvenile. So you can see that from fingerlings to juvenile they won't eat more than 4 bags. They eat little at this stage. Don't waste money buying feeds in bulk,From Juvenile you introduce 2mm, just buy like 8 bags,you can buy more if it is not enough, they start eating much from the 3rd month when u start using 3mm to 8mm. You need to employ someone knowledgeable on fish farming to help you manage the biz.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2016
Good morning my ogas wey dey dis platform. I beg I be jjc for dis business n I wan buy fingerlins about 1000 pieces. I beg make una refer someone to me via text or call. ma numba na 08063745311. Thank u
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:06am On Nov 20, 2016
Farmers should henceforth sell 800gram and above at 650naira and below 800grams @ 600naira.
I personally witness the sales of a nairalander that sold at the above mentioned price. This should be a standard price at least for this year

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2016
?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Iyascobobby: 11:20am On Nov 20, 2016
Good day everyone, please I need melange size catfish supply this coming week. can anyone supply me in Kaduna? Dis my numba to contact: 07053619845 it's very urgent. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by anyiway(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
Please house. I want to be added to a fish farmers watsapp forum. 08094643396.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by anyiway(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
Thanks for your expert advice.
paulavon:

My brother those quotations are well out of line,since you are new in the biz it is advisable you stock post fingerlings or Juveniles. Even if you stock Fingerlings,5000 fishes will not eat more than 1 bag of 1mm before they become post in less than 2 weeks,in another two weeks you buy like 3 bags of 1.8mm skretting feed that will take them to Juvenile. So you can see that from fingerlings to juvenile they won't eat more than 4 bags. They eat little at this stage. Don't waste money buying feeds in bulk,From Juvenile you introduce 2mm, just buy like 8 bags,you can buy more if it is not enough, they start eating much from the 3rd month when u start using 3mm to 8mm. You need to employ someone knowledgeable on fish farming to help you manage the biz.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 5:10am On Nov 21, 2016
Wow! If I had seen this thread, would have joined it long before starting my fish farm. Am just a week old in the business. Started with 1000 fingerlings. My only problem for now is d drainage. After about 4days I noticed some sediments at d bottom of the pond. All effort made in changing the water still left lots of sediments which easily pollutes the water after about 2 days wouldn't want changing water every two days as this will definitely stress the fish. So far, I've recorded about 30deaths. Am confused, need advice asap. Also how do I get the kit for testing water. Am based in Awka. Please help a baby farmer
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2016
robonski15:
Dear friends I can't just understand and imagine why some scrupulous elements will mail and threaten me to stop answering questions and giving out informations because of their selfish nature.. SMH.. God help us all..
That's greed. I think am now understanding why many farmers don't make it even with their supposed wealth of knowledge. May God continue to bless you. Just going through the chats exposed me to a lot. Keep your good work and see us all grow. God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bosaty2003(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2016
divinely:
That's greed. I think am now understanding why many farmers don't make it even with their supposed wealth of knowledge. May God continue to bless you. Just going through the chats exposed me to a lot. Keep your good work and see us all grow. God bless

I will advise Robonski to be more careful of allowing people to his farm or knowing his personal itineraries.

Human beings could be very funny. I stand to say as a servant of God that No evil will befall you nor your family IJN. Every though of Ahitophel concerning shall fail. God will take you to a greater height. continue with your good work. You are actually liberating minds and creating jobs, futures and employment to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ayoolanairaland: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2016
It's now sold for 700.
Ttalk:
Farmers should henceforth sell 800gram and above at 650naira and below 800grams @ 600naira.
I personally witness the sales of a nairalander that sold at the above mentioned price. This should be a standard price at least for this year
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vroom(m): 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2016
JuveFarms:

@noble, congrats on the near completion of ur pond. It gives us immense Joy knowing people brave up to venture into catfish farming. We practising, experience & successful catfish farmers on this thread would assist the little we can with our priceless advice.
1: We use Lime(CaCO3) for treatement of freshly dugout pond.
2: Duration is 14days, @ d 7th day we apply chicken droppings thou its not necesary if u cant manage it.
3: Standard Juveniles since you new in the business. GoodLuck. Tnx

(1) could u pls explain how to apply this lime to a fresh dugout pond.....
(2) what's the best size of earthen pond that can successfully contain 1500 juvenile to harvest?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
divinely:
Wow! If I had seen this thread, would have joined it long before starting my fish farm. Am just a week old in the business. Started with 1000 fingerlings. My only problem for now is d drainage. After about 4days I noticed some sediments at d bottom of the pond. All effort made in changing the water still left lots of sediments which easily pollutes the water after about 2 days wouldn't want changing water every two days as this will definitely stress the fish. So far, I've recorded about 30deaths. Am confused, need advice asap. Also how do I get the kit for testing water. Am based in Awka. Please help a baby farmer
please oh. I need answers please. Test kit and removal of sediments!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by osashilton: 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
Doing great so far

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kennysympathy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
2saints:
My fellow experienced farmer, please I need your help. I've been noticing one of my fish since 3day now that it swim almost sideways, and the side of its stomach is swollen, hence that side tends to face upside while swimming. Please what can I do?

Guess the fish swallowed another fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vroom(m): 6:28am On Nov 22, 2016
osashilton:
Doing great so far

cool....how old are they?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vroom(m): 6:48am On Nov 22, 2016
divinely:
please oh. I need answers please. Test kit and removal of sediments!!!

what type is ur pond sir?, however , the sediments can be removed....

1. get a hose, preferably small the length is as u want it.
2. Put the mouth end of the hose in the water, and one month end outside.
3. Now Like when u want to draw fuel from ur car tank, put ur mouth on the end of the hose outside and suck the water (be careful so that u won't gulp some gallons...lol) the water will start coming out from the hose, u can now put the hose end inside water on those sediments, it will suck them out, meanwhile do this in a bowl as there is possibility of some fingerlings will follow the water.......by now ur pond will be cleared, now allow the water in the bowl to cool down, ur fish will be swimming n hidden under the sediments now, get ur spawning net to seave them out.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 7:25am On Nov 22, 2016
I have 2 tarpaulin ponds one 10x7 and one 6x7. See pix. (I ended up draining and using foam to clean d pond) I've never had my way with sucking out fluid even with the fuel. Is their no equipment one can use? What about d kit and d deaths I've been recording. This is my very first experience please. God bless you all as you help with your knowledge.
vroom:

what type is ur pond sir?, however , the sediments can be removed....

1. get a hose, preferably small the length is as u want it.
2. Put the mouth end of the hose in the water, and one month end outside.
3. Now Like when u want to draw fuel from ur car tank, put ur mouth on the end of the hose outside and suck the water (be careful so that u won't gulp some gallons...lol) the water will start coming out from the hose, u can now put the hose end inside water on those sediments, it will suck them out, meanwhile do this in a bowl as there is possibility of some fingerlings will follow the water.......by now ur pond will be cleared, now allow the water in the bowl to cool down, ur fish will be swimming n hidden under the sediments now, get ur spawning net to seave them out.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 7:27am On Nov 22, 2016
THE TWO PONDS 10*7 AND 6*7

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 7:28am On Nov 22, 2016
AFTER CLEANING WITH FIAM

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by memofomo: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2016
divinely:
THE TWO PONDS 10*7 AND 6*7
please can I have the contact of the person that constructed those ponds?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amb2015(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
House I am in need of post fingerlings in PH ASAP 08063393168.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
He's based in Awka. Is it Ok by you?
memofomo:

please can I have the contact of the person that constructed those ponds?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
divinely:
I have 2 tarpaulin ponds one 10x7 and one 6x7. See pix. (I ended up draining and using foam to clean d pond) I've never had my way with sucking out fluid even with the fuel. Is their no equipment one can use? What about d kit and d deaths I've been recording. This is my very first experience please. God bless you all as you help with your knowledge.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
divinely:
can someone help please?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KCoker(m): 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Broodstock still and always available.

KCoker:

Broodstock for sale. Male & Female
Weight range - 3kg - 5kg
Age range - 1.5yrs to 2.5yrs
Price - N1,500 per Kg
Location - Dopemu, Agege
Phone no. - 08105345966

For sample pictures, please click the link below:
www.nairaland.com/3101400/catfish-4-6kg-broodstocks-sale
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by memofomo: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2016
divinely:
He's based in Awka. Is it Ok by you?

No sir, I need some1 within Abj or Nasarawa.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by manya(m): 6:13am On Nov 23, 2016
robonski15:

The water heater is 10k sir.. Thanks
Please oga RObonski, can you explain how i can use the water heater in my hatchery, for what quantity of water and where i can get them?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by monsaw88: 6:52am On Nov 23, 2016
Pls Mr Robonski, Pls where can I get a testing kit in Lagos?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinely: 10:19am On Nov 23, 2016
@excelsiorfarm, It was really an honour talking to you. Even with the numerous bugging you still calmly listened and answered all my questions. May Gods promise in Lk 6:38 be yours now and forever. Remain blessed. And expect more bugging (though I believe it will be an positive report)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.