Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1497536 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tunmich: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2016
I need 1 tone of table size Catfish. Kindly pchat me if u av. 08083853059
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Please is cassava flour the same as Local starch use for clothes. Which one is better to use for binding, Gari or cassava flour
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kennysympathy(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tunmich:

Location plz.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
ABHAKS:
Please is cassava flour the same as Local starch use for clothes. Which one is better to use for binding, Gari or cassava flour

It depend on what feed size you want to produce.

Starch is different from cassava flour [elubo] both are generally called starch.

They perform similar function in fish feed production, that is binding

Starch is more expensive than cassava flour and binds better than cassava flour

Starch and Cassava flour are the best binding local feedstuff in Nigeria.

The inclusion of either of the two or both could range from 5kg to 30kg for 100kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tunmich:

Where is your location?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tunmich: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ttalk:

Where is your location?

Yaba Lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tunmich: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
kennysympathy:

Location plz.

Yaba Lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tunmich: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
If melange is available. Kindly pchat me. 08083853059
We are at Agbara. Our ofiz is at Yaba Lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Shaddle2016(m): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
SHADDLE FIELD FARMS is an animal breeder. Some farm animals are Available for sale at the farm such as Rabbit, Snail, Grass cutter, Guinea pig, Fulani Fowls, Goat and sheep. Place your order by calling 08068096309, 09050690047, 08128982463. WhatsApp 08068096309. BBM 7B3BE166.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ttalk:

Starch is different from cassava flour [elubo] both are generally called starch.

The inclusion of either of the two or both could range from 5kg to 30kg for 100kg
Thanks a lot
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2016
Ttalk:

Good morning all, please in local feed production after mixing your ingredients do one still have to cook it before Pelleting. Especially maize and flour will appreciate quick response
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 10:05am On Nov 30, 2016
ABHAKS:

Good morning all, please in local feed production after mixing your ingredients do one still have to cook it before Pelleting. Especially maize and flour will appreciate quick response

Are you pelleting yourself or you are taking it to pelleting mill?

If you are producing it yourself i will advice you apply the following process

1. Separate the following ingredients; Fishmeal, Soya+GNC+BM [if any], Corn Flour, Cassava Starch

2. Grind the above ingredients separately

3. First mix your protein supplement i.e FM+Soya+GNC+BM

4. Prepare your carbohydrates supplements by cooking i.e Corn Flour, Cassava Flour, Starch

5. Add lipid and other supplement to your prepared carbohydrate and mix thoroughly

5. Mix your cooked carbohydrates supplement with the protein supplement in ratio 1:4

6. If you are using Wheat Offal/Rice Bran etc, use it to increase the dryness of your mix

7. If you are using Cassava Flour/Starch etc, use it to increase the wetness of your mix
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Eefosa1: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Tunmich:
If melange is available. Kindly pchat me. 08083853059
We are at Agbara. Our ofiz is at Yaba Lagos
I have at Ayetoro itele road ogun state price is 850 for table size and melange 600 per kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ttalk:

1. Separate the following ingredients; Fishmeal, Soya+GNC+BM [if any], Corn Flour, Cassava Starch

4. Prepare your carbohydrates supplements by cooking i.e Corn Flour, Cassava Flour, Starch

5. Add lipid and other supplement to your prepared carbohydrate and mix thoroughly

5. Mix your cooked carbohydrates supplement with the protein supplement in ratio 1:4

6. If you are using Wheat Offal/Rice Bran etc, use it to increase the dryness of your mix

7. If you are using Cassava Flour/Starch etc, use it to increase the wetness of your mix

Remain blessed thanks a lot, please am I to cook all the carbohydrate supplements together in one place or each carbohydrate supplement separately? And for how long will I cook them ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ttalk:

Remain blessed thanks a lot, yes I'm Pelleting myself. please am I to cook all the carbohydrate supplements together in one place or each carbohydrate supplement separately? And for how long will I cook them ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by photoshoot(m): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2016
Good morning house.
Do you have or know anyone that has Male Broodstocks for sale within lagos.
I need to buy, come Saturday, it would be appreciated if you live on the mainland (ikotun, iyana ipaja, agege, Ikeja, ogba, ifako, et al).

And what is your price?

Kindly drop your contact or message me details. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2016
ABHAKS:

Remain blessed thanks a lot, yes I'm Pelleting myself. please am I to cook all the carbohydrate supplements together in one place or each carbohydrate supplement separately? And for how long will I cook them ?

Bro, Step 1 of the preparation process explains that.

You can only cook 25% of your carbohydrates supplement that serves as binding agent in your formula.

You use other carbohydrate supplement to balance the moisture for good pelleting.

You cook as you will prepare for your consumption
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ttalk:

Bro, Step 1 of the preparation process explains that.

You can only cook 25% of your carbohydrates supplement that serves as binding agent in your formula.

You use other carbohydrate supplement to balance the moisture for good pelleting.

You cook as you will prepare for your consumption

Thanks a lot I'm good to go
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by piagbara: 9:05am On Dec 02, 2016
Standard Fingerlings available at ipaja ayobo axis contact 08076371753 for bookings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by anyiway(m): 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
Please i need this irrigation sprinkler. Can anyone help?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by anyiway(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Please house, I need irrigation sprinkler.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
Please any one with idea of what dosage of absorbic acid will be use for making 100kg of catfish feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cosmascares: 12:20am On Dec 03, 2016
Good to be here. I salute everyone in the house. Please, I need as much help as I can get. This is my very first time in fish farming and I took a very big leap of faith by investing in 2,000 fingerlings in an earthen pond. However, I've been having problems with too much of algae and I've been removing them manually by myself with sieve. Is it a good idea to do that? What other options are available? Please, help.

I'll also like to be added to a Whatsapp group if there's any. I am based in Ibadan and my contact number is 08093326855. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cosmascares: 1:01am On Dec 03, 2016
robonski15:
@manweysabi u can contact me by mail robonski15@gmail.com or whatsapp 08061682047 God bless u..

I sent you a mail, Sir Robonski. Kindly acknowledge it. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 5:46am On Dec 03, 2016
paulavon:

My brother those quotations are well out of line,since you are new in the biz it is advisable you stock post fingerlings or Juveniles. Even if you stock Fingerlings,5000 fishes will not eat more than 1 bag of 1mm before they become post in less than 2 weeks,in another two weeks you buy like 3 bags of 1.8mm skretting feed that will take them to Juvenile. So you can see that from fingerlings to juvenile they won't eat more than 4 bags. They eat little at this stage. Don't waste money buying feeds in bulk,From Juvenile you introduce 2mm, just buy like 8 bags,you can buy more if it is not enough, they start eating much from the 3rd month when u start using 3mm to 8mm. You need to employ someone knowledgeable on fish farming to help you manage the biz.
#thia oga just kill it for u, his analysis of feeding is on point. beware of internet farmers they will only lead you to burn ur fingers....like he said ur fish dont consume much @ early stages. real consumption start frm 2months upward and to max profit change to local @ the end of the 2nd month. goodluck!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 5:59am On Dec 03, 2016
#HappyNewMoth to all my great farmers, friends and clients. Chilanfarmz wishes us all a prosperous month ahead... we really appreciate all of u i mean u our esteemed customers for trusting us to deal with. looking ahead to a better future together. for newbies our product and services are: catfish seeds, brood-stock, training and consultancy services. contact again is 07065874135(whatsapp) and 08076515345. God bless us all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2016
deleted
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kneyo(m): 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
Concrete fish pond needed urgently around Itoga, Badagry.
Please call: 07063936686 or 07053428040.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 04, 2016
Hello fellow farmers, my fishes r one week old in my pond and I observed that they have swollen tummy and a lot of dem do hang on water. when I want to feed them they are very active but after one hour of feeding they start to hang. @Robonski, @excelsior, @ab1x kindly advice on what I should do please
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:09am On Dec 04, 2016
Busayo1981:
Hello fellow farmers, my fishes r one week old in my pond and I observed that they have swollen tummy and a lot of dem do hang on water. when I want to feed them they are very active but after one hour of feeding they start to hang. @Robonski, @excelsior, @ab1x kindly advice on what I should do please

Mix tetracycline with their feeds and reduce the amount of feed you give them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
Good day to all d bosses in the house, Happy sunday robonski15 I just sent u a mail on Gmail pls kindly reply..thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
ab1x:

Thanks for the response. Please how do I apply it to the tetracycline with food (ie. Quantity to a 1000 post fingerings) thank you

Mix tetracycline with their feeds and reduce the amount of feed you give them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.