Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1498397 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ayopredict: 12:42am On Jan 16, 2018
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 12:44am On Jan 16, 2018
itayo99:
PLEASE I REALLY NEED HELP FROM ANY SUCCESSFUL FISH FARMER BECAUSE I INCURRED LOSSES FROM MY FIRST PRODUCTION DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAD GOOD SIZE OF FISH AT 3MONTH AND 20 DAYS. I HARVESTED 600 FISHES OUT OF 700 STOCKED FISH ON EARTHEN POND. THE 600 HARVESTED GAVE ME 250KG BODY WEIGHT AT 3 MONTH 20DAYS.I FED DURATE THROUGH OUT OF THE PRODUCTION PERIOD TWICE IN A DAY. AT THE END OF THE PRODUCTION I INCURRED LOSSES OF 70 THOUSANDS NAIRA.

If I'm right, Base on ur quantity of fish and average weight that means 2 fish weigh 1kg... is that right?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by itayo99: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2018
haywire1:
No some 2: 3 to 1 kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olusegunthomas(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
robonski15:

Ok good
hello sir! have been record serious mortality in my pond this days and I don't knw what is likely problem and have giving them series of anti biotic yet they keep dying.... I bought 5000 pies of fries but they can't more than 2k now. I shuld have cry for help since but I don't have browsing fone at the moment.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olusegunthomas(m): 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
olasunks:

Thanks. I tried few juveniles in the water. They hardly eat and their skin peels. One of the fishes became bloated and stay alive but swim upside down.They were not responding well.I will take the water for lab test. Do you now any lab test preferably closer to satellite town or festac.

this is exactly what's is happen to my fish... I have record serious mortality; I bought 5k pieces of fries then but now they are no more than 2k now...... pls what is exactly solution.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olusegunthomas(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello my people....have been recording serious mortality in my fish; I just notice they don't eat properly, they don't swim very well and lastly I notice their stomach swell up and later die; I saw someone on this site posted the same pics of the issue am facing now pls can someone help me out and more so how can I test the pH of my water. Any helper can beep my numb (09057010274) I will call bck or urgent respond here Pls pls #crying loud pls. My 5k pieces of fish is not up to 2k now pls help me.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
olusegunthomas:
Hello my people....have been recording serious mortality in my fish; I just notice they don't eat properly, they don't swim very well and lastly I notice their stomach swell up and later die; I saw someone on this site posted the same pics of the issue am facing now pls can someone help me out and more so how can I test the pH of my water. Any helper can beep my numb (09057010274) I will call bck or urgent respond here Pls pls #crying loud pls. My 5k pieces of fish is not up to 2k now pls help me.
sorry for the loss.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
itayo99:

No some 2: 3 to 1 kg

Sir, this means your fish are still melange... I need to know how u calculated ur business from d beginning which ended in a lose in order to figure out d problem

Let's do d mathematics

600 Harvested fish gave u 250KG BODY WEIGHT AT 3 MONTH 20DAYS

Do u buy fingerlings or Juvenile and how much per 1?
How many bags of feeds involved?
Price of feeds you bought?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
olusegunthomas:
hello sir! have been record serious mortality in my pond this days and I don't knw what is likely problem and have giving them series of anti biotic yet they keep dying.... I bought 5000 pies of fries but they can't more than 2k now. I shuld have cry for help since but I don't have browsing fone at the moment.

Firstly sorry sir for ur lose, I can feel ur pain.. Fries need proper care cos they are like babies so I need to ask you some questions in order to figure out d solution, how often do u change ur water? do u run a flow through system? How do you feed them? If possible snap picture of ur pond, snap d fries, snap d water inlet and snap d water outlet

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olasunks(m): 12:36am On Jan 17, 2018
olusegunthomas:
Sorry for the lost. My fish are now ok in the water after treating the water with alum and lime. Make sure the water ph is 6.5 - 7.5. The water you are using may contain bacterias not suitable for your fries. You can beep me 08030880610 for more info.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lucie22(f): 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
Please, I started up a catfish bizness last year, now dey are ready for sales, but I need marketing strategies on how to sell them and also maintaining dem.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
Lucie22:
Please, I started up a catfish bizness last year, now dey are ready for sales, but I need marketing strategies on how to sell them and also maintaining dem.
your location? Which size are they now and how many did u stock?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by itayo99: 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
SECURING OF POND AND PREPARATION WITH MISCELLANEOUS = 52, 000 AQUALIPS 2KG 2MM 2BAGS 3MM 3BAGS 4MM 5 BAGS FLOATING 4MM more than 6bags of sinking ( I can't remember again) juvenile ( 30 naira per one = 21000 plus 2k transportation = 23000) antibiotics. ? cost of production 240k Revenue generated 169k
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
itayo99:
SECURING OF POND AND PREPARATION WITH MISCELLANEOUS = 52, 000
AQUALIPS 2KG
2MM 2BAGS
3MM 3BAGS
4MM 5 BAGS FLOATING
4MM more than 6bags of sinking ( I can't remember again)
juvenile ( 30 naira per one = 21000 plus 2k transportation = 23000)
antibiotics. ?
cost of production 240k
Revenue generated 169k
This estimate is for 700 juveniles right? No 1 the cost of juvenile is high. To make good profit in catfish farming ensure u minimise use of imported feed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 12:41am On Jan 18, 2018
itayo99:
SECURING OF POND AND PREPARATION WITH MISCELLANEOUS = 52, 000
AQUALIPS 2KG
2MM 2BAGS
3MM 3BAGS
4MM 5 BAGS FLOATING
4MM more than 6bags of sinking ( I can't remember again)
juvenile ( 30 naira per one = 21000 plus 2k transportation = 23000)
antibiotics. ?
cost of production 240k
Revenue generated 169k

Is it a new pond cos 52k for preparation of existing pond is outrageous . Next u boost d fish with good foreign feed then u switch to other good nd cheaper feeds The cost of juvenile (30naira is high) so u mean u transfer 700 juvenile with 2k shocked ( from where to where).

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 5:26am On Jan 18, 2018
haywire1:

Is it a new pond cos 52k for preparation of existing pond is outrageous . Next u boost d fish with good foreign feed then u switch to other good nd cheaper feeds The cost of juvenile (30naira is high) so u mean u transfer 700 juvenile with 2k shocked ( from where to where).

he/she said securing of pond and demudding 52k. Rentage of pond as be factor in.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by teeepen: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2018
wazilo:

I sent my email address to you but want to make sure you got it. engineerokpoko1@yahoo.com.
Thank you Regards Mike
my email is anthonyoyegbile@gmail.com I will love to have it too pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
Lucie22:

what is their average weight?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by VivaFarm: 5:11am On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=haywire1 post=64005482]

Cannibalism is normal in catfish farming but 6-8 mortality DAILY is much, u need to do more of sorting and take note of their feeding style.

Haywire, thanks a lot for the guidance. I have changed the feeding style and mortality has dropped to about 1 or 2. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 9:16am On Jan 19, 2018
VivaFarm:

Haywire, thanks a lot for the guidance. I have changed the feeding style and mortality has dropped to about 1 or 2. Much appreciated.

You are welcome sir

#
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 11:58am On Jan 19, 2018
Hello house
What's the current price of 1kg catfish, size from 800g to 1.2kg In Lagos.
As I have already grown fish to sell
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Mimo1(m): 12:49am On Jan 20, 2018
MIKEYZ FARM*

Book your healthy catfish at affordable price.

*Available sizes*

�Post fries

�Ijebu

�fingerlings

�Post fingerlings

� juvenile

Also call us for:

�Fish farm consultant and monitoring, both hatching and Grow out (table size)

*Location* : Gbaga, Ikorodu Lagos.

For enquiry Call: *08089846845* or *08138221727*

WhatsApp:  *08138221727*
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kneyo(m): 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
Melange available for sale
Farm Location: Ikotun - Idimu, Lagos.
For more info please Contact: 07035705350, 07053428040
Whatsapp: 07053428040
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
First class seed available at Robonski farm.

Fingerlings

Post fingerlings

Ijebu

Juveniles

We deliver Nationwide

Contact us today.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
olusegunthomas:

Any improvement recently??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olusegunthomas(m): 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
robonski15:

Any improvement recently??
yes sir but the casualty is much before I get the right drugs for them..... I will like to knw much about hatching sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:02am On Jan 22, 2018
olusegunthomas:
yes sir but the casualty is much before I get the right drugs for them..... I will like to knw much about hatching sir

Its all good cos we learn from experience. Hatching is practical we offer training on Hatching and fries management.

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.