Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1495635 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
Abdul hakeem: My god!!! Dis thread is very useful. My Dad is jst about 2 embark on dis fish bond business. Thanks 2 every nairalander dat keeps dis thread alive &moving. And more thanks 2 Mr Robonski. More Grease 2Elbow. Am going 2 save ur contact, wen my dad is ready i will tell him to get 2u 4 advice nd guide. Thanx 2u ALL!!

We thank God.. U can intoduce him to the thread..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ruggedcuzz: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
@robonski
Av seen it
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
ruggedcuzz: @robonski
Av seen it

Good!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waleelite(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
robonski15:

Mr excelsoir ur works are highly appreciated.. I will send the business plan to him.. Thanks

Thanks Roland.

God will continue to enrich you abundantly.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence Day! God bless Nigeria! If we continue to help others I believe Nigeria will b great everything is nt all abt govt it begins wt us!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
omode2: Happy Independence Day! God bless Nigeria! If we continue to help others I believe Nigeria will b great everything is nt all abt govt it begins wt us!

It truly begins with us.. We shouldn't wait for what the country will do for us rather we should look at what we can do for the country!!! Everybody has his or her own role to play in the developement of this great nation, it starts with us as individual.. God bless nigeria!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Happi independence 2 all on dis thread! Indeed we shall all succeed if we continue 2 support each other just as mr robonski and others have done. God wil continue 2 replenish u. I beg where mr Ab1x? Its been long time we hear frm him. Pls mr robonski i'm in dare nid of d biz plan. Kindly send it to davisbounty77@yahoo.com. May God reward u.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
DBounty: Happi independence 2 all on dis thread! Indeed we shall all succeed if we continue 2 support each other just as mr robonski and others have done. God wil continue 2 replenish u. I beg where mr Ab1x? Its been long time we hear frm him. Pls mr robonski i'm in dare nid of d biz plan. Kindly send it to davisbounty77@yahoo.com. May God reward u.

I just spoke with mr ab1x he is doing very good.. The biz plan is sketchy I have almost completed it.. When its done I will put it up on the thread for everyone.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dannycom(m): 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
the most important thing is to keep on moving on and to also pray for this country to be better than this. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
dannycom: the most important thing is to keep on moving on and to also pray for this country to be better than this. God bless Nigeria

Yeah bro, we have to keep moving and matching on, And also to dream big.. I remember my finals year in school I and some of my school mates was chatting after school what's next for us, what would we be doing... Some said they wanted to work at an oil company, some said banks..

I aint bragging but Out of 6 of us I still know of 4 of them that I still send recharge card till date.. So u can see that this country needs prayers..

That is also why entrepreneurship should not be taken likely.. Entrepreneurs rule the world

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 2:52am On Oct 04, 2013
ayoola190: Today I was reading abt algae nd got to know that green algae found on d surface of or in water constitute d most important basic food material 4 all the animal life there.

I also learnt that they carry out photosynthesis nd protein synthesis, and multiply abundantly to form the food of the smallest animals that in turn feed d larger ones.

The questn now is why do we get rid of all algae in our pond. I think some should be left but not too much to avoid shortage of O2.

My Ogas, pls react

Wait oh, since they carry out photosynthesis, i think they should be able to supply oxygen

I'm kind of a newbie to this business but in addition to what Mr Excelsoir said, algae is a form of fungi and you don't want them infecting your fish. Fungal infection can cause death to your fishes especially in their early juvie stages. From personal experience don't keep algae in your pond of juveniles.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KAZZYBOY: 6:23am On Oct 04, 2013
Am new to fish farming business wat is the minimum amount I can invest in fish farming
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2013
robonski15:

Yeah bro, we have to keep moving and matching on, And also to dream big.. I remember my finals year in school I and some of my school mates was chatting after school what's next for us, what would we be doing... Some said they wanted to work at an oil company, some said banks..

I aint bragging but Out of 6 of us I still know of 4 of them that I still send recharge card till date.. So u can see that this country needs prayers..

That is also why entrepreneurship should not be taken likely.. Entrepreneurs rule the world
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 7:42am On Oct 04, 2013
robonski15:

You are on point bro. Even we dt did agricultural course in sku wants to work in banks or blue chip companies. Ppl prefer to earn salary rather than start something may b due to d high risk of doin business. Thanks to your thread I was able to retrace my steps bk to my discipline(even though am still a greenhorn in ds fish farming) bt have learnt alot and knw it will soon pay off. Most of my colleagues are still job hunting.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2013
omode2: You are on point bro. Even we dt did agricultural course in sku wants to work in banks or blue chip companies. Ppl prefer to earn salary rather than start something may b due to d high risk of doin business. Thanks to your thread I was able to retrace my steps bk to my discipline(even though am still a greenhorn in ds fish farming) bt have learnt alot and knw it will soon pay off. Most of my colleagues are still job hunting.

U are on point, most people fear the risk involve in doing business.. That's why one of the characteristics of an entreprenuer is RISK TAKING..
Even the white collar jobs is not secured, one can be sacked at any given time, so its also a risk too..

Truthfully speaking I have never written a C.V all my life, I don't even know how to write one.. But I ask people to bring theirs for them to be employed.. My uni-certificate I don't even know where I kept it I have searched all over for it but my life is not dependent on it..

6 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kelvin1191(m): 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
robonski15:

That is what I A̶̲̥̅̊м̣̣̥̇ puting together at the moment.. I hope τ̲̅ȍ finish it soonest..

Sir, am still waiting for the e-book and d video of ur hatching process. When its ready dont forget to alert me on ikehezekielkelvin@gmail.com. God bless!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
robonski15:

U are on point, most people fear the risk involve in doing business.. That's why one of the characteristics of an entreprenuer is RISK TAKING..
Even the white collar jobs is not secured, one can be sacked at any given time, so its also a risk too..

Truthfully speaking I have never written a C.V all my life, I don't even know how to write one.. But I ask people to bring theirs for them to be employed.. My uni-certificate I don't even know where I kept it I have searched all over for it but my life is not dependent on it..
The word entrepreneur means someone who takes risks. And there is ds french sayin if u risk nothing u have nothing. what u have is directly proportional to d risk u take.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2013
KAZZY BOY: Am new to fish farming business wat is the minimum amount I can invest in fish farming

It depends on what u have on ground.. In investing on catfish business u must first aqcuire a land, sink a borehole, build the ponds etc.. Also it depends on what u want to major in like, fingerling/juvenile production,melange, table size or even brood stock..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Wiinnd(m): 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] chief robonski.. I've got 2 elder sister who got into fish farming, the 1st time,dy made little loss. The 2nd one, they bought a certain type of breed called '' Mozambique''. A friend told them it was a good product, it was 2000 stocks. After trainin 4 about 3 months, they sold and made huge losses, i think close to 200k and only recoverd abt 80k, the company to them to pay the 80k to them, dat they would either refund the 2000 stocks plus cost of feeding 4 one mnth or 4000 stocks plus feeding 4 2mnths.It's bin more than a mnth now,no reply. Anyways wat rili went wrong. This whole issue jux rili scares me abt fish farming.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
REBAS FARMS NIGERIA LIMITED

Invite you to a 2 days practical training seminar titiled "INVESTMENT OPPOURTUNITY IN CATFISH BUSINESS"

SEMINAR OBJECTIVE:

Fingerlings/juvenile production and hatchery management.

Secrets in maximizing profit.

TARGETED AUDIENCE

1 Aspiring catfish farmers
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR

* To see and know how to hatch on your own

* free handout on catfish production

*sound knowledge to succeed in catfish business..

DATE: 25th and 26th of october 2013..

INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD CONTACT ME ON 08061682047 and what's app.. BB PIN: 25a3dcdc..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
Wiinnd: [color=#990000][/color] chief robonski.. I've got 2 elder sister who got into fish farming, the 1st time,dy made little loss. The 2nd one, they bought a certain type of breed called '' Mozambique''. A friend told them it was a good product, it was 2000 stocks. After trainin 4 about 3 months, they sold and made huge losses, i think close to 200k and only recoverd abt 80k, the company to them to pay the 80k to them, dat they would either refund the 2000 stocks plus cost of feeding 4 one mnth or 4000 stocks plus feeding 4 2mnths.It's bin more than a mnth now,no reply. Anyways wat rili went wrong. This whole issue jux rili scares me abt fish farming.

U shouldn't be scared about fish farming... Like I have been saying, fish business is a money draining business when u don't have the technical know how... I have never heard of the breed called "mozambique" before.. I guess ur sister didn't have any knowledge what's so ever abt the business before plunging into it.

I always feel bad when I hear stories like this.. Please kindly introduce them to this thread to get knowledge..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ruggedcuzz: 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
I want to kno the breeds of catfish that we have, the best breed, nd how to distinguish them so as not to buy the wrong type
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
gud p.m ppl, do u rememba m? sum wk back i z i made sum huge lotz n z i wl start 4rm d scratch... now @ mine 6th and 1st eva sucefu hatchin, my fries are nw 7days old... all thks to God n my wel wishers and teachers mr abx1, mr excel and everybody in d house. my fries are doing just gr8... i pray dis is my beginin of sucess stories and every1 of us all. i really apr8 u all

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jites(m): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2013
robonski16: REBAS FARMS NIGERIA LIMITED

Invite you to a 2 days practical training seminar titiled "INVESTMENT OPPOURTUNITY IN CATFISH BUSINESS"

SEMINAR OBJECTIVE:

TARGETED AUDIENCE

2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR

INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD CONTACT ME ON 08061682047 and what's app.. BB PIN: 25a3dcdc..

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jites(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2013
Mr Robonski, i am sending one delegate to the serminar, please reserve a space for him. could you please let me know what the pre requisites are through Whatapps. i will also forward you his name via whatsapp.
regards and all the best.

robonski16: REBAS FARMS NIGERIA LIMITED

SEMINAR OBJECTIVE:

TARGETED AUDIENCE

2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2013
ruggedcuzz: I want to kno the breeds of catfish that we have, the best breed, nd how to distinguish them so as not to buy the wrong type

All the breeds are good, it depends on your managements practices, there is nothing to distinguish abt the the breed.. What you have to distinguish is the runts because buying them unknowingly will be fatal..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 11:21am On Oct 06, 2013
yemiakeem20: gud p.m ppl, do u rememba m? sum wk back i z i made sum huge lotz n z i wl start 4rm d scratch... now @ mine 6th and 1st eva sucefu hatchin, my fries are nw 7days old... all thks to God n my wel wishers and teachers mr abx1, mr excel and everybody in d house. my fries are doing just gr8... i pray dis is my beginin of sucess stories and every1 of us all. i really apr8 u all

O yeah I remember you vividly.. Am so very much happy for u bro.. This is a success story I want to keep reading on the thread to inspire other farmers...

About the hatching keep it up, change their water regularly by flow thru.. And you know its the second and third week they are more susceptible so extra care must the given... Keep updating the house... Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2013
jites: Mr Robonski, i am sending one delegate to the serminar, please reserve a space for him. could you please let me know what the pre requisites are through Whatapps. i will also forward you his name via whatsapp.
regards and all the best.

I will be expecting your message on what's app.. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waleelite(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hello Catfish farmers on this thread, kindly open and read the link below from the minister of Agriculture - Akinwumi Adesina.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/aim-unlock-agricultural-potential-drive-economy-akinwumi-adesina/

It will convince people that are still scare of going into agriculture.

With the constant commitment and actions from the FG, I believe the future is bright in this business.

God bless you all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2013
waleelite: Hello Catfish farmers on this thread, kindly open and read the link below from the minister of Agriculture - Akinwumi Adesina.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/aim-unlock-agricultural-potential-drive-economy-akinwumi-adesina/

It will convince people that are still scare of going into agriculture.

With the constant commitment and actions from the FG, I believe the future is bright in this business.

God bless you all.

@waleelite thanks for the info

The future is bright for farmers.. In just a short while we will take over.. People are nw running back to agriculture that was abadoned due to the advent of oil..

With all these loans facility and incentives that will be distributed to farmers,its only going to be distributed to farmers through cooperative, like the minister rightly stated..

That is why I urge farmers not to be left out.we should belond to a cooperartive so as not to be left out and be in the dark..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dannycom(m): 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
I salute all the farmers in the house.in terms of the protein content of all these fish feeds,which one is the best?

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.