Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1496356 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by VULCAN(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2020
Thank you for your kind response.

Have a blessed day

excelsiorfarm:

For little elaboration, answeing vulcan. The calculation is correct.

First you can use fish net or sleeve to get your fishes for sampling without killing anyone

For the calculation, lets break it to small bits, the reason why 1000 is down is simply because 20 grams to kilogram =20/1000. Hence the 20 is up and 1000 down.

The reason why 100 is down is because it is a percentage. 5% used is 5/100. That is the reason 5 is up and 100 is down.

And the last up is 2000, the number of the stock rate used. There is no need to put it over anything because it is a stand alone factor.

Nothing else to emphasis, it have been broken down to pieces.

Have a great day.

Jesus is Lord

God bless

I appreciate the question, how do you measure without killing them?

There is something that is called fish net that could be use to bring out your sample from the pond.

About the calculation? If not correct, by His Grace, you won't see it here.

Let me help you clarify

First the number of fishes=2000
Grams of each=20 grams
Body percentage used= 5% (Feeding)

Now, 1000grams =1kg

20x2000x5(at the top as shown and quoted)

1000x100(at the button as shown and quoted)
I believe you can see the slash sign that means divided?

20x2000x5=200,000(@ top)
1000x100=100,000(@buttom)

If you divide 200,000/100,000 what will you get?

The Answer is 2kg

Go through again
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
VULCAN:
Thank you for your kind response.

Have a blessed day

Thank God
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Okwori12(m): 7:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
can 50 do anything for me in catfish farming? I want to start small to gain experience
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2020
Okwori12:
can 50 do anything for me in catfish farming? I want to start small to gain experience

Yes, since its just to gain experience. Hence do not mind your costs and efforts of getting ponds, either mobile or fixed, running water and your labour.

I had mentee that started with such number and today they are scaling up.

Howbeit, there is so much to learn.

If your location is withing Lagos and Ogun State, i like to invite to join our proposed catfish association.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Okwori12(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
Fish4wealth:

Yes, since its just to gain experience. Hence do not mind your costs and efforts of getting ponds, either mobile or fixed, running water and your labour.

If your location is withing Lagos and Ogun State, i like to invite to join our proposed catfish association.
THANKS, am in Makurdi
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by holar2ge(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
I'm in Ogun State. I will be glad to be part of the movement...

Fish4wealth:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
holar2ge:
I'm in Ogun State. I will be glad to be part of the movement...

Search for my the thread"Proposed catfish farming association" kindly follow the instruction.

Thanks for your interest.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slytorks: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Feed Mill to Farm. Extruded Floating catfish feeds produced in Mpape, Abuja. 2mm - 8mm with high crude protein content. Price ranges from 4000 - 5400 for 15kg bag. Feeds can also be customized to farmer's specifications. Please contact Jacob on 08135952599 for more details!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Hikmat512: 12:26am On Jun 28, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]Does anyone know where I can get quality broodstock in Ibadan.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noobs123: 2:08am On Jun 28, 2020
FMCASH:
I've once managed a 20,000 capacity catfish during my service year in Agudama, Yenogoa, Bayelsa state. But currently managing vegetables, poultry and piggery in South west. We do catfish here to but my boss has yet to stock another batch.
Pls how profitable is poultry and piggery
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2020
Juvenile Catfish Available

Juvenile Catfish of high quality available, while the stock lasts. Location is Lambe/ Akute area of Lagos State.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by steel5800(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good day good people.

Please are these fishes classified as fingerlings or juveniles?

Also, how much do they go for now?

Kindly assist please.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 1:44am On Jun 30, 2020
XiaoLi:
What is your basis of saying that someone who wants to start big can start because SE and SS consume alot of cat fish, have you ever sold catfish in the SE market? Or do you know about cat fish marketing in the SE?
@Xiaoli , why not get someone experienced enough as a manager, instead of a consultant. At least the manager can be on ground Everytime. You can even call him to get the state your farm is at anytime. And in case of emergency he can act fast , instead of waiting for any consultant to tell them what to do... In catfish business, fast thinking and acting fast can save millions of naira.
You need to be very wise in your investment cos it will run into millions and that's not an investment to joke with.
From fingerlings / juveniles you intend to get. To the water you use on them , the space, the drugs, sorting, to the marketing , to the selling space (where buyers should stay at) to the scale to use .. and more, nothing should be left untouched.
That's my opinion anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by XiaoLi: 7:16am On Jun 30, 2020
Thanks @ayosat, your opinion is the reality and is in order. #appreciate!
ayosat:

@Xiaoli , why not get someone experienced enough as a manager, instead of a consultant. At least the manager can be on ground Everytime. You can even call him to get the state your farm is at anytime. And in case of emergency he can act fast , instead of waiting for any consultant to tell them what to do... In catfish business, fast thinking and acting fast can save millions of naira.
You need to be very wise in your investment cos it will run into millions and that's not an investment to joke with.
From fingerlings / juveniles you intend to get. To the water you use on them , the space, the drugs, sorting, to the marketing , to the selling space (where buyers should stay at) to the scale to use .. and more, nothing should be left untouched.
That's my opinion anyway.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
Any aquapro seller here? Ibadan seller or close by best option
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Hikmat512: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
Check Adom
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ayomiposi001: 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Great fish farmers, good evening to you all. Pls, I need business plan on catfish. If there is anyone in this great family, that has an e-copy, pls help a brother.

Kindly send to donifynicky@gmail.com.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chapatti: 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
Catfish Farming Business Plan In Nigeria / Business Plan For a Mega Integrated Catfish Farming

There are businesses in this country that are very profitable and we have loads of their business plan for you. But we also have those who are very lucrative, easy to start, easy to run, easy to admin and one of such is the Catfish farming business in the Nigeria. This is one of the most lucrative and most profitable business in the agribusinesses line that you are make a fast and quick Return On Investment. If you are interested in this business and you want to go into it, then you have nothing to worry about. We have you covered with our detailed business plan on Cat fish farming business in Nigeria.

Our Cat fish business plan in Nigeria was recently updated and well detailed business plan which can be used for applying for Grant , Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Note, Competitions etc

Based on a recent research carried out by some groups, it was said that over 75 per cent of Nigerians consume fish on a daily basis. If this is true and it is true, then we have a very high demand rate for fish in Nigeria.   

We have types of consumable fish in Nigeria, but the most consumed as at today, is the cat fish. Catfish is as it \where is eaten in Hotels, Restaurants, Bars, Joints and Spots etc. If you run a restaurant both the local and the well sophisticated one, you must be a cat fish seller else, you are never going to trend in your neighbourhood. At every Spots or Hotels in Nigeria you will always  find Catfish as part of the hotel’s menu. Have you heard of the phrase “cat fish pepe soup”? That’s one of the most selling food in the country. Cat fish can be prepared and sold as fish peppe soup or it can be grilled and peppered. Many a time, people do think that it is very expensive to start but in reality, it is very cheap and low cost to start. From its farming, production, distribution and marketing are lower than its demand.

We will be discussing in details the fundamental things that an intending cat fish farmer should know about Catfish farming and things you should consider before starting the cat fish business Some time ago, I spoke with some millionaires who are into cat fish farming. I asked them how it has been so far and if they knew anything about cat fish farming. I was surprised when I was told that they had no clue about the business. In fact over 90 per cent of these Catfish farmers whom I interviewed actually knew nothing about the business of cat fish before they ventured into it and now they have become millionaires.

Something they did was very simple. They had their cat fish business plan all along with them and this became to them their weapon. They got Catfish farming business plan and the rest became history. But if you don’t a clue about it and you feel you want to go into this business, , employing the services of someone who has an idea on how to run a Catfish farm will be a great advantage to you. But, that’s not an issue because you can actually learn this business with just having your business plan by your side. It’s not a difficult business to learn at all.  

Why does the business make so much money in a very short time and why does it produce millionaires in a very short time as compared to other business? Because Catfish grow very fast which makes it advantageous to you. There are people who think that Catfish farm is very expensive to establish but the truth is that cat fish business is not expensive though it may look like it. We have seen how Catfish farm business have turned so many persons into a millionaires within a short time. In fact it can happen within months. But this can only happen if you have the right information which happens to ne cat fish business plan.  We will be discussing some of basic things that are needed to run a successful Catfish farm business in Nigeria.

CATFISH FARMING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA PDF TABLE OF CONTENT

2)      Executive Summary: The summary includes introduction, products and services description, marketing and sales among others

3)Company Overview: this includes

Mission Statement

History and Current Status

Markets and Products

Objectives

Keys to success

Cost summary

4)  Product description: Where I described the catfish products including the size, weight etc.

5) Industry and Market Analysis

Introduction

Industry analysis

Market analysis

Customer analysis

Competitor analysis

SWOT Analysis

Current Situation of aquaculture in Nigeria

Aquaculture Production in Nigeria

Aquaculture Policy Environment at National and State Levels

Success potential

Skills and abilities for success

Production feasibility

6)      Marketing Strategy

Target Market Strategy

Product/Service Strategy

Pricing Strategy

Distribution Strategy

Advertising and Promotion Strategy

Sales Strategy

Marketing and sales Forecasts

7)      Operations

Operations Strategy

Scope of Operations

Operating Expenses

cool      Development

Development Strategy

Development Timeline

Development Expenses

9)      Management

Company Organization

Management Team

Administrative Expenses

10)   Summary of Financials

Financial Assumptions

Financial Forecasts

Projected Cash Flow

Income statement

iii.      Balance sheet

Profit and loss

Profit Margin, chart etc

Financial Risks

11)   Appendices

Support for Product/Service Description (e.g., diagrams, pictures, etc.)

Support for Marketing and Sales Plan

Support for Development Plan

Support for Operations Plan

Resumes of Management Team

Financial Statements

Income Statement [3 years]

Balance Sheets [3 years]

Cash Flow Statements [3 years]

Ratio Analysis [3 years]

Other supporting financial statements

To get the remaining part of this Catfish farming business plan in Nigeria which have been drafted to contain a recently research work with a detailed financial analysis, fianacial projection, market analysis, executive summary etc.
Note: Our standard catfish farming business plan comes in Words Doc format and also the financial analysis is in excel format which you can edit to suit your taste

TO GET OUR STANDARD  CAT FISH FARMING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA PDF/Financial analysis and feasibility Study manual. To place an order, pay N10,000 to

GTBank (Guaranty Trust Bank)
Account Name – Ogumka Innocent
Account No – 0153723721

After payment text your name, your e-mail address and payment details to 09066078526 and you’ll receive your FISH FARMING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA / FEASIBILITY STUDY.

You can still reach us via whatsap with this number >>> 09066078526

The Business Plan for Fish Farming will be sent to your email address after your payment has been confirmed.(Soft copy only)

source >>> https://www.bestnigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/catfish-farming-business-plan-in-nigeria-business-plan-for-a-mega-integrated-catfish-farming/
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
Hikmat512:
Check Adom
thanks been there, they don't have aquapro
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by whiteraven: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Who has this tank for sale in Benin city. I want to buy.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waleyp(m): 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
you still need?
Ayomiposi001:
Great fish farmers, good evening to you all. Pls, I need business plan on catfish. If there is anyone in this great family, that has an e-copy, pls help a brother.

Kindly send to donifynicky@gmail.com.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waleyp(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
hey catfish farmers in the house,
now you can get your active hybrid fingerlings and juveniles
here in Ibadan oyo state, 500,1000 pieces fingerlings,juveniles and above
we deliver nationwide,
we sell table sizes too.but we will let you know when they are ready for harvest.
contact our farm today , contact numbers will be available soon
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ayomiposi001: 12:02am On Jul 05, 2020
waleyp:
you still need?

Yes please. Thank you so much.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waleyp(m): 6:20am On Jul 05, 2020
I have one I did for my use, are you willing to buy?
Ayomiposi001:

Yes please. Thank you so much.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ayomiposi001: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2020
waleyp:
I have one I did for my use, are you willing to buy?

If I had money to buy, I wouldn't even bother you guys at all Sir.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Henryimoter(m): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2020
For soyabeans call 07069670428
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Henryimoter(m): 7:21am On Jul 05, 2020
This is the planting season for mangoes, citrus ( Orange ) Palm tress, coconut, Ogbono etc call 07069670428

1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
The joy of every catfish farmer is to get sales for their catfish at harvest.

However, many farmers finds it hard to sell off their catfish at harvest, thereby incurring additional cost.

Catfish farmers are too quick to complain of rip-off and short changing by the duo of catfish market women and middle-men respectively while they are satisfy staying in their comfort zone.

As an organisation which is also involved in catfish farming and processing; we have developed a solution from our experienced over the years on how to make profit in catfish farming.

Inorder to be different from the middle-men yet supplying to all, our organisation welcome new members into our cooperative as we hope to register a catfish farming association.

Need a regular offtaker for your fresh catfish, join us today as a premium member.

Coverage area is Lagos and Ogun state in the interim.

For registration, terms and conditions; send your name, farm location, fish size and whatsapp contact to agrowealth001@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ogujiofor4us: 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bro its seems you understandthe businessvery well....pls if you don'tmine can i get your contact, i will love to discuss further with you....

Thanks.....here is mine 08080328600[color=#000099][/color]

SoftHeart:

Thanks,
So what size of plastic tank will be needed for 200 to 300 catfishes?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ogujiofor4us: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
Good day catfish farmers.

Greetings to you all, i have been reading different posts carefully as a New member and trying to go into this catfish business for the first...pls i will need a guide so as not to make mistakes.

Pls guys can someone be of help to me, i reside around gbagada, lagos state. You can chat me up on WhatsApp via 08080328600

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nneto: 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
robonski15:
Fish farming like other business has its prons and cons.. And truthfully its a very lucrative and yet a money draining business..

I have read articles about how lucrative the business is and how to invest and reap millions.. All I do is just to laugh on reading such article.. All they want is just for u to buy their manual and make money.. Surprisingly most of them don't have a farm of their own, they are computer farmers who don't have any experience whatsoever in the business..

I know of farms within my area who have shut down their farms due to frequent loss over the years.. I was also considering shutting down myself after I lost close to 2 million naira, yeah u heard me TWO MILLION NAIRA, but after diligent study which took about a year I decided to give it my last shot..

To be continued..

Good evening, do you have a comprehensive ebook with videos on farming for beginners for people who can't attend your seminars.

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.