Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493978 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
Herjyborlah:
Please can we culture daphnia.
What are the steps plsssss
you can, create a gutter like environ, or harvest from gutter and do not subject them to hot environ. instead buy artemia or use yolk of egg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by holar2ge(m): 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
How much re u willing to pay per kgm
Nunushokoto:
Good afternoon guys
I'm in need of weekly supply of melange size catfish
Location is Ibadan
Kindly signify if you can supply
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Herjyborlah(m): 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
Only Dried egg yolk or I will add it to something else.
I'm basically talking abt fries.
After sun dry the egg yolk,hope I can use it for as long as I want
excelsiorfarm:
you can, create a gutter like environ, or harvest from gutter and do not subject them to hot environ. instead buy artemia or use yolk of egg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2020
Herjyborlah:
Only Dried egg yolk or I will add it to something else.
I'm basically talking abt fries.
After sun dry the egg yolk,hope I can use it for as long as I want
dried fine yolk. As your fishes grow, they will prefer bigger chunk of feeds than fine feeds
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nunushokoto(m): 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
holar2ge:
How much re u willing to pay per kgm
How much do you sell for?
I need it tomorrow
Can you kindly drop your contact so I can give you a call?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
haywire1:
You can know the pH acidic, alkalinity, temperature, General hardness, oxygen level of your pond water with water testing kit below

Digital pH meter - N8,500
Digital TDS (total dissolve solid) + Temperature Meter — N5,500
Digital pH + Temperature meter (thermometer) — N12,000
Digital Thermometer ——- N4,000

Available for pick up/ Nationwide delivery ...

Check my profile for my phone number

Contact us now
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by FarmandTractors: 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2020
At Farm&Tractors, we offer the best service in agricultural land preparations for your farm projects. Our services cut across land deforestation-bulldozing, plowing, harrowing etc. All tree growth, stumps, large stones and other obstacles to the normal operation of farm equipment shall be completely removed. Land clearing method shall limit the loss of topsoil removed from the area being cleared. Debris piles shall also be free from mud and topsoil.
The land shall be sufficiently level to permit the normal operation of farm equipment and the area must be ready for seed bed preparation. We deliver good service nationwide. We get the job done irrespective of the land location. Contact us for your quality land clearing-09056508129, (08062288737 -available on whatsApp).
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by joeybillz(m): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
gonerest:
Chai hope am not yet in trouble the guy who is mentoring me did not mention to me anything like liming or fertilisation of pond. He got me tarpoline pond , wash is with soap and sort , rub the pond with palm oil . He ordered me to stock immediately. Anyway , my tarpoline pond is new, all i did before stocking were stated above, i change water every three days. I feed at a designated point. Pls, any hope at this juncture, can i still treat my pond and how can i lime my pond to raise my pond ph level. Note - i tested my well water directly and discovered that the ph level was low. Pls what can i do now , house pls
bro go and get sodium bicarbonate or soda ash nd measure a desired quantity nd mix in water nd pour into ur storage tank(overhead tank)nd stir till you get ur desired ph level nd send to ur ponds
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Lost all my fries today
Someone help embarassed embarassed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
Greetings fellow professionals.... It's been a while here...good to have a number of new catfish farmers onboard...
Reading through tells a lot about how some of us are getting it right and others, not really achieving desired results.

In agreement with @fish77.....it is important and strongly advisable for newbies to either take out time to read through this thread or request a mentorship to avoid ugly stories.

I hope to share a number of topics as i do on my whatsapp gtoup relating to catfish marketing and sales, Catfish financing, Feeding techniques, pond and water management, catfish farm records, etc on this thread very soon.

For one-on-one coaching(whatsapp 081....537...016...13)

Happy farming!
Happy Investment!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cedarfarms: 8:32am On Sep 10, 2020
Please how much is a 1kg of fish sold in lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yahmaid04(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2020
Hello house. Are these plants in my pond harmful to catfish? And how many fish will this space occupy?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Dellaxlogistic: 3:34am On Sep 14, 2020
We can help you ship very dried and well packaged dried fish to the UK ,US and Canada..Contact on signature

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by a4cube: 6:04am On Sep 14, 2020
Page 498
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adaba0803(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2020
Call /WhatsApp 08118888592 For you pick up and delivery services
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 1kingwriter: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Can I get a ton of table size fish for N600/kilo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lormarx: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
nuruoniwo:
Op kindly tell us how to go about the songhai training I am greatly interested,I once built concrete pond for my client cos I am a self employed construction engr but I am now serious about fish farming I will start my pond construction 2x5m next week wishing to stock 500 fingerlings then construct another pond a month later for sorting shooters though will not stock anything till I attend the songhai training pls help with the info u can email nadejimoh@yahoo.com

hello dear, please I will like to get more information as my brother up as I want to venture into fish farming by the beginning of next month.want to stock with 500 too. please help Me with any information that can help me .i have wasted one year after my Nysc, want to get involved. I can be reached on bishopokoto@gmail.com.Thanks in advance
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cation(m): 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
To the experienced on this thread, is it possible to get an FCR of 1.1 in a tarpaulin pond? Please state your best FCR so far. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2020
Thanks to all our new investors for believing in us with their hard earned money.

#FoodSecurity
#JobCreation

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=640298880204334&id=328411634726395
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:01am On Sep 15, 2020
Cation:
To the experienced on this thread, is it possible to get an FCR of 1.1 in a tarpaulin pond? Please state your best FCR so far. Thanks
it is the quality of your feed that determine your FCR
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:02am On Sep 15, 2020
lormarx:

hello dear, please I will like to get more information as my brother up as I want to venture into fish farming by the beginning of next month.want to stock with 500 too. please help Me with any information that can help me .i have wasted one year after my Nysc, want to get involved. I can be reached on bishopokoto@gmail.com.Thanks in advance
I WOULD ADVISE YOU READ THROUGH THE THREAD

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2020
Cation:

This is a very technical question reason been that,
1. How many farmers used a particular feed brand to harvest

Due to cost of feeds, many farmers resort to alternative feeds hence making it practically impossible to determine accurately.

2. Your pond management in terms of stock density, water quality, feeding frequency, species,etc plays a significant part in your fish development and total feed conversion...

Finally, professional farmers are working hard to even attain a lesser fcr to make fish affordable if you juxtaposed a kg fish vis-a-vis cost of 1kg feed against Sp of 1kg fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cation(m): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2020
excelsiorfarm:
it is the quality of your feed that determine your FCR
Thanks I understand what you are saying I was just thinking if farmers can say some of the FCR they have experienced for comparison.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cation(m): 10:07am On Sep 15, 2020
Fish4wealth:

This is a very technical question reason been that,
1. How many farmers used a particular feed brand to harvest

Due to cost of feeds, many farmers resort to alternative feeds hence making it practically impossible to determine accurately.

2. Your pond management in terms of stock density, water quality, feeding frequency, species,etc plays a significant part in your fish development and total feed conversion...

Finally, professional farmers are working hard to even attain a lesser fcr to make fish affordable if you juxtaposed a kg fish vis-a-vis cost of 1kg feed against Sp of 1kg fish.
Thanks, I use topfeeds all through.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2020
Cation:

Thanks, I use topfeeds all through.

That makes it easy for you to determine....
You can as well share how much bags you used for how many fishes...
Hope you equally did not ignore mortality in determining such....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Vl3ly: 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
catfish farmer in house pls how much is catfish and tilapia fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Joygift3666: 9:59am On Sep 18, 2020
17 naira in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
Vl3ly:
catfish farmer in house pls how much is catfish and tilapia fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adaba0803(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2020
Call /WhatsApp 08118888592 For your pick up and delivery services.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Joygift3666: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2020
If you are serious I can be supplying from Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. I am not on whatapps.
chikepaul:
5000 fingerlings needed in Anambra state every month. If you have good deases free fingerlings or post kindly chatt me up on 08144825917
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Joygift3666: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2020
God bless robonski15 for opening this thread and others that have contributed immensely. I reside in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. I have over 10, 000 fingerlings for sale and I also dry fish for people with my oven.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by FuckAuntySpam(f): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
Good day, fellow farmers. Please I am in need of proven local feed formula for my 4months old hybrid. Help, please.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ajelabi(m): 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
I need a catfish farmer around Ifo,Ogun state.
Please chat me up on what's app 08082303050

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.