Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493663 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Bakerdav: 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
joeybillz:
This obviously is crack head disease,if not well well handled can wipe off an entire farm,check ur feed formula (recipe).its either ur blood meal is too high,feather or poultry meal isnt isnt proportional or the entire feed lacks Vitamin c......Increase ur Vit c,reduce or stop blood meal.
yes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sheykutt(m): 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ilorin ppl let’s connect
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sheykutt(m): 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
Johnnyessence:
pls people in d house am following ur trend all dis month pls do u guys know any farmer frm ilorin cos am in need of a good pond range that will contain 500-1000 juveniles.pls need ur reply av bought feeds already. thks
Let’s connect 07032572738
WhatsApp
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sheykutt(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
gbengaoa:
please, where can i get good juvenile in Ilorin, will like to start with 200 juveniles in my backyard.
Let’s talk on WhatsApp 07032572738
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kingnutts(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hit me up to set up, stock, or manage Ur fish pond in Lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oluyemioy(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
We have BROODSTOCKS of Dutch strain catfish [Clarias gariepinus], both male and female, for sale.

OLUYEMI FARMS

FISH FARM ESTATE,
RUBBER PLANTATION,
OFF SAGAMU - IKENNE ROAD,
SAGAMU,
OGUN STATE.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by smithclito: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2020
oluyemioy:
We have BROODSTOCKS of Dutch strain catfish [Clarias gariepinus], both male and female, for sale.

OLUYEMI FARMS

FISH FARM ESTATE,
RUBBER PLANTATION,
OFF SAGAMU - IKENNE ROAD,
SAGAMU,
OGUN STATE.

How much ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Alphafarms(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Looking for where to book for tilapia fingerlings?
Look no further, @ALPHA FISHERIES & AGRO SERVICES, LAGOS.
we produce high quality tilapia seedlings that are fast growing and disease resistant.

Our parent brood stock was gotten for Greece in partnership with Goldfisher innovation LTD.

Address: 12, sun estate, Ajah, lekki-epe expressway Lagos.

Branch Office: ijaw quarters, by saint Mary's junction, Airport road, warri, Delta State

We deliver to your farm Nationwide

Call/WhatsApp: 08021106583

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by konews: 11:51am On Oct 10, 2020
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KBARBIE(f): 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2020
Thinking of starting a farm business or you need to expand your farm capacity? We make great galvanized ponds and also give consultancy services. Call 08174269585

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by deolu9(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
Hello my people in the house please who can train me extensively on hatchery of fingerlings? I will appreciate all efforts pls. Am currently in kwara state.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nukubii: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
Dear house, if you have 2.5kg fishes and above for sale within alimosho axis in lagos please contact me on 08023880808
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jospepper(m): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
KBARBIE:
Thinking of starting a farm business or you need to expand your farm capacity? We make great galvanized ponds and also give consultancy services. Call 08174269585
please how much? Pick any size from your lot and give example.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KBARBIE(f): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
jospepper:
please how much? Pick any size from your lot and give example.

What's your location? Chat me up 08174269585
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by barby008: 11:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
Anyone interested in selling 1000l white tanks asap within Ilorin here ? Can be used or new,as long as it's in good condition and of reasonable price.
Also,is there anyone selling brine shrimp eggs within Ilorin and it's environs??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinbass12(m): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2020
hello good morning everyone.
please guru's in the house, my fishes ain't feeding fine and the mortality rate suddenly increased and the started matiating.
thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
If you want to quote me to drive home your point, or add credibility to your post, I think at this stage you should have the magnanimity and some decency to type my name in full. Your keyboard is not short of ink. Don't think you'll be doing me a favour, I actually joined this forum to support people like you, nothing in this whole 500+ pages that I need. Learn to promote others and give credit to whom it's due. Nobody is fish77..... in this forum
Fish4wealth:
Greetings fellow professionals.... It's been a while here...good to have a number of new catfish farmers onboard...
Reading through tells a lot about how some of us are getting it right and others, not really achieving desired results.

In agreement with @fish77.....it is important and strongly advisable for newbies to either take out time to read through this thread or request a mentorship to avoid ugly stories.

I hope to share a number of topics as i do on my whatsapp gtoup relating to catfish marketing and sales, Catfish financing, Feeding techniques, pond and water management, catfish farm records, etc on this thread very soon.

For one-on-one coaching(whatsapp 081....537...016...13)

Happy farming!
Happy Investment!

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KunmiakiN: 5:23am On Oct 15, 2020
Catfish fingerings
Now available
Dm /call 08036101567
To order
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinbass12(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2020
Austinbass12:
please guru's in the house, my fishes ain't feeding fine and the mortality rate suddenly increased and the started matiating.
thank you
please I really need help on this.
thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by smithclito: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2020
Austinbass12:

please I really need help on this.
thank you

what kind of pond are u using and how do u usually feed them? do u have restrictions to the pond?, how do u change their water and what age are they
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2020
Austinbass12:
thank you

The first thing to do is stop feeding.
Change the water , use salt solution , with tetracycline, and monitor for improvement.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinbass12(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
smithclito:

what kind of pond are u using and how do u usually feed them? do u have restrictions to the pond?, how do u change their water and what age are they
tarpaulin pond, I feed morning and night, I change water twice a week and the are a month old from juvenile. some have not even added since then up till now.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinbass12(m): 3:22pm On Oct 15, 2020
bilag17:

The first thing to do is stop feeding.
Change the water , use salt solution , with tetracycline, and monitor for improvement.
please how do I prepare salt solution and how many tetracycline will do the job.
thank you very much
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by smithclito: 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
Austinbass12:

tarpaulin pond, I feed morning and night, I change water twice a week and the are a month old from juvenile. some have not even added since then up till now.

I will be simple and straight . follow the simple step (if u like though)
1- take the fish out of their currrent pond
2. wash the pond with salt solution. (for about 30 min)
3.rinse the pond with fresh water .
4. salt dry the pond over the night
Day 2
5- Return the fish back to the pond and treat them with potassium permaganet until the water become light redish while the water level is low (make sure the solution goes round the pond) add some quantity of salt into the water
note : observe the fish on how they react to treatment e.g gasping for air at the top of the water or swimming erratically,or scrubing their skin on the wall .
at this stage u should know that the chemical is too much then dilute the water .
6- if the fish do not react abnormally then allow the treatment for 3days before replace with fresh water using flow through.
7- if u observe this properly, u should experience reduction in the casualty until it stops totally cos there would have some fish that are already seriously affected and they will die except if u apply some other serious treatment that is tedious.
8- stop feeding for about 2 days and on resuming feeding use spot feeding only and very small quantity.
Good luck. if u need more clearity dont hesitate to dial my number 08 one zero zero zero 900 four zero.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinbass12(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
smithclito:

I will be simple and straight . follow the simple step (if u like though)
1- take the fish out of their currrent pond
2. wash the pond with salt solution. (for about 30 min)
3.rinse the pond with fresh water .
4. salt dry the pond over the night
Day 2
5- Return the fish back to the pond and treat them with potassium permaganet until the water become light redish while the water level is low (make sure the solution goes round the pond) add some quantity of salt into the water
note : observe the fish on how they react to treatment e.g gasping for air at the top of the water or swimming erratically,or scrubing their skin on the wall .
at this stage u should know that the chemical is too much then dilute the water .
6- if the fish do not react abnormally then allow the treatment for 3days before replace with fresh water using flow through.
7- if u observe this properly, u should experience reduction in the casualty until it stops totally cos there would have some fish that are already seriously affected and they will die except if u apply some other serious treatment that is tedious.
8- stop feeding for about 2 days and on resuming feeding use spot feeding only and very small quantity.
Good luck. if u need more clearity dont hesitate to dial my number 08 one zero zero zero 900 four zero.
Thank you very much sir.
God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Seidacrown: 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
Good evening everyone,
It's been great following this trend.
But please I need an enlightenment on the use of hydrated lime to treat my acidic water to be used for hatchery in a tarpaulin tank.
Is it safer than the use of plant method?
Please
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 12:04am On Oct 16, 2020
Austinbass12:

You are expected to be changing your water everyday, with your feeding schedule. Change your water regularly, depending on the capacity of the pond, mix 250g of table salt with water, and also add a sachet of tetracycline (open the capsule). If you do this for 3days, without feeding, mortality will reduce drastically.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 12:07am On Oct 16, 2020
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2020
We fabricate fish kline using gas burner,charcoal pot or electric heating sources, , peletizer (floating feed) ,wet mixer, dry mixer, pulverizer, garri processing machines, rice processing machines, dryers,dehydrators, groundnut peels,beans peeler etc

We fabricate machines that process different forms of plastic waste into raw materials for plastic industries
There is good money in the business of waste plastic recycling

We also help to set up processing factories

Call Engr Gbenga on 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2020
deolu9:
Hello my people in the house please who can train me extensively on hatchery of fingerlings? I will appreciate all efforts pls. Am currently in kwara state.
I am in ibadan, however look for someone close to you because of funds
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2020
Austinbass12:

nothing bad feeding twice. treat with floxinor. Next time when your fish are not responding to feed, check if water is polluted, check if there are bubbles or foams on the water surface, check if the weather is cold to say a few. That fish do not eat or reduction in feeding rate could be as a result of cold weather.

iF at the same time, they begin to die, then stop feeding and treat with antibiotic or salt, or aquapro or the floxinor mentioned earlier(it will stop death if used to prescription within 2-3 days or earlier), change water and increase oxygen because when weather is extremely cold( NOTE:- oxygen in water reduces)
Those are a few of the solution, i have time to give. I believe all is now well with your farm/fish now. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
5,000 Post fingerlings is available here at our Farm. Call WhatsApp 08022456638

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.