Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494976 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Akposkiz: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
Good evening how do you prevent ur food wastage.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by letsfarmnigeria: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2022
Very many people use maggot as feed surppliment to reduce cost of feeding fishes but what they may never notice is the effect of using such in concrete and tapolin ponds
Watch below to understand that even on Earthen pond it has effect .
Don't forget to subscribe to learn more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVw72-Z5c8
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BspiceLtd1: 8:11am On Apr 22, 2022
WHY YOUR FLOATING FISH FEED EXTRUDER MACHINE IS NOT PRODUCING FLOATING PELLETS/FEEDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n3rLfuPeRw
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnboom: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
excelsiorfarm:
let me answer this,
they are irritant to fishes in excess quantity, and nuisance, at d end will result to death, concerning that they do photosythesis, yes they fit o2 into the water during period of sunlight,but when it is night or it is cloudy,they use up o2 & if the period is lenghty especially night,pray for your fishes,also even in sunny time,d lower areas will still low o2,worse if the algae are dying, because o2 is needed to decompose them,hence depleting o2,let stop at this,not too much insight, d valid point we have all mentioned b4 now,too much kills yr fishes
You are very knowledgeable Sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by successline003: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
robonski15:
Fish farming like other business has its prons and cons.. And truthfully its a very lucrative and yet a money draining business..

I have read articles about how lucrative the business is and how to invest and reap millions.. All I do is just to laugh on reading such article.. All they want is just for u to buy their manual and make money.. Surprisingly most of them don't have a farm of their own, they are computer farmers who don't have any experience whatsoever in the business..

I know of farms within my area who have shut down their farms due to frequent loss over the years.. I was also considering shutting down myself after I lost close to 2 million naira, yeah u heard me TWO MILLION NAIRA, but after diligent study which took about a year I decided to give it my last shot..

To be continued..

Is catfish farming still profitable?

I have been trying to start for 6 years now but have no capital.finally, I now have land and a borehole but I feel that I am late to the party now.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BspiceLtd1: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2022
[EXCLUSIVE] CAGE CULTURE SYSTEM | FEED FORMULATION AND PRODUCTION TRAINING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfJf4sjYHSI
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnboom: 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2022
ab1x:

You've done well. From the above formular, you've made a local feed weighing 117KG
For a starter, u need to increase FM to boast their growth.
Please, don't make use of maize for a starter because it will take a while before it will digest in their system thereby it is always advisable to make use of flour or biscuit. When ur fish r now matured, u can then introduce maize to make them have weight.
For a starter, u can make use of dis formular;
FM 30, TS 25, GNC 25, Flour 10, Indomie or Biscuit 10, VitC 100grams, Salt 1KG, Premix 1
Pls what is the full meaning of TS ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
Johnboom:
Pls what is the full meaning of TS ?

Toasted Soya
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Mobola33(m): 9:41am On May 01, 2022
Help please.. My newly constructed pond is leaking from the wall kindly help guys.. Have given in too much for this
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oofjm: 5:07am On May 02, 2022
how often should sorting be done from post fingerlings?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by infotainment(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2022
DO METER FOR SALE
ASKING PRICE: N180K
CALL: 08028949614

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Etranshub(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2022
Contact Michael on 08167488947 for your fish smoking kiln

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnboom: 1:39pm On May 18, 2022
mozek24:
Complement of the season guys,

I want to appreciate every contributor to this thread and even the readers too, you may not know what you have. This information is enough to make a book!

I am based in Benin Edo state and information on fish farming is hotcake, you pay for every little tip. Its very fraustrating and discouraging. Nobody tells you anything cos they want you to keep buying from them and they are full of fraud. No need saying how I paid for one useless feed formular, runt fingerlings etc until I was connected to one lolif farms in Lagos. May God bless him and his business. I call and ping him always, he calls regularly for follow ups, even when I offered to pay him he refused stating that am just a stater. And guess what? HE IS A MUSLIM, am so impressed. Though I don't disturb him again cos am gaining experience but I can never forget him. At a time he advisedme that I've grown beyond buying imported feed that I should buy a peleting maching and proccess my feed. And that's what we do now.

Am only trying to show appreciation here and encourage those that have something to give to do that (freely). Like in my case am looking for opportunity to repay this guy in a big way. Without boast or pride I am better that those guys who introduced me into this (for exploits), when you hoard information you don't learn. They now ask me how I do it and I teach them freely.

If you have any opportunity to add value do it (freely). We met it and we shall all leave it; so impact life.

Thank you lolif farm.
Could you train me, mine number is 08032781837. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnboom: 1:43pm On May 18, 2022
ab1x:

Toasted Soya
Thank you. May God bless you Sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:10pm On May 26, 2022
Johnboom:
You are very knowledgeable Sir.
It is GOD, YOU ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by letsfarmnigeria: 4:10pm On May 27, 2022
Learning is a key thing to success you can't be doing same thing over and over again and expect different result sometimes it could be an oversight that is the reason behind the bad result
This guy here learnt from asking questions and watching how it's done in the farm without paying anyone money for couching , he bought his juvenile himself , watch videos and asked questions to get it right today he is a success story why not listen to him , after all it's free of charge yes �%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6U7xXwLt8I
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Gideon20(m): 3:12pm On May 29, 2022
Are you a distributor, sub distributor or a farmer? you don't need to look further because we got you covered with the following high quality feeds at a highly affordable prices:

*3mm 15kg pelletized floating fish feed.@#6000

*4mm 15kg pelletized floating fish feed.@#6000

*6mm 15kg pelletized floating fish feed.@#5700

*8mm 15kg pelletized floating fish feed.@#5500

*9mm 15kg pelletized floating fish feed.@#5500

We are the producers of Miles floating and Blue sea fish feed.Our feed comes in an attractive blue, green and white sacks approved by NAFDAC as well as SON.

Located at No 6 sunglass road opposite Franklin zokoriko kudendan kaduna. And No 8 railway quarters railway station in Kaduna.

We are also into export and supply of neatly packaged dried fish as well as high yield fingerlings, post fingerlings, juveniles, post juveniles e.t.c

We deliver nationwide plus free delivery within Kaduna.

You can contact us on the following : 0.9.0.2.4.0.8.9.0.2.4 or 0.8.1.1.8.9.1.4.2.5.7 on what's app.

https://www./fishfarmersassociationofnigeria/permalink/1899230216932786/?app=fbl

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:14am On Jun 04, 2022
When people ask is fish farming lucrative or not, I do tell them it is good business provided you know the nitty-gritty of season, funding, technicalities and marketing. For those that intend to do the business and need little advice, you can check this quick summary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOAw13_J_GY?Sub_Confirmation=1
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BspiceLtd1: 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
CATFISH FEED FORMULATION ; Classification Fish Feed Ingredients ( Ep.5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbPWr4Hd3hg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jurjes(f): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2022
Good morning everyone, special greetings to everyone that has contributed to this thread. Oga Robonski the originator of this thread, I greet you specially.

I started fish farming on the 5th of April this year with about 125 fish, the fishes have been doing well up till two days ago, I noticed whitish swelling just below the head, and have recorded 5 deaths so far.

Pls my elders and Oga's in the business tell me what to do to sustain the health of the remaining fish. Thank you in advance
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by imercyclara: 7:11am On Jun 24, 2022
Are you a Hatcher or grow out farmer, tired of regular water change and you wish to grow your fish or fingerlings without water change, save time and energy.

Then we are here for you
Practical training on Biofloc is available.
It's not magic, its 100% real.

Contact MKey Engineering Services 08130769159,08119138988.

#Biofloc
#NoWaterChange
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TunsArmstrong: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
I AM AN AGRO CONSULTANT!!!
GROWING OF LIVESTOCK FASTER
(Poultry, Catfish, Pigs, Rabbits, Grass cutters, Snails etc)
Some farmers have been in the business for many years and the are still growing while some will go in after few months and they are not getting desired result then quit.
HERE'S A � ORGANIC SOLUTION made from Poultry droppings and Sea bird gualo with this basic elements
° Nitrogen
° Phosphorus
°Potassium
° Sulphur
°Calcium
° Magnesium
° Iron
° Iodine
°Marine Salt
° Zinc

✓Super growth in sizes and weight gain.
✓No chemicalized element.
✓Reduces Mortality rate.
✓Effective and Excellent results.
✓Diseases, prevention, control and cure.
✓Harvesting in good time.
✓Reduces cost of feeding.
Whatsapp through the link below
/2347033383639
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:32am On Jun 26, 2022
jurjes:
Good morning everyone, special greetings to everyone that has contributed to this thread. Oga Robonski the originator of this thread, I greet you specially.

I started fish farming on the 5th of April this year with about 125 fish, the fishes have been doing well up till two days ago, I noticed whitish swelling just below the head, and have recorded 5 deaths so far.

Pls my elders and Oga's in the business tell me what to do to sustain the health of the remaining fish. Thank you in advance
I hope it is not coming too late. Just keep good water management and don't overfeed. Remember to remove disease ones to reduce spread. Use of antibiotic is enough
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jurjes(f): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2022
excelsiorfarm:
I hope it is not coming too late. Just keep good water management and don't overfeed. Remember to remove disease ones to reduce spread. Use of antibiotic is enough

Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abbeydeeone: 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
HELLO HOUSE,

STILL MUCH AVAILABLE MATURED AND READY TO USE MALE HETEROBRANCHUS LONGIFILIS FOR SALE @ A POCKET FRIENDLY PRICE

TESTED AND TRUSTED WITH FANTASTIC RESULT.

GET IN TOUCH WITH US AT BIOPAT FARMS, IBADAN FOR YOUR ORDER
� 07039298244
YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON WHATSAPP.

WE DO WAYBILL THROUGHOUT NIGERIA, DISTANCE IS NEVER A BARRIER

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Apmix(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2022
Hello guys, what will the expert advise a new farmer to do?
do smoking sizes and smoke them to sell or go for table size then sell fresh

thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excess4luv: 11:31am On Jun 29, 2022
There is no size fits all in this business, I started with grow out some years ago, but I now do smokable size (3months max). This is a very lucrative market for me and I'm sticking to it.

I do maximum of 1000 fishes per batch and smoke them off

Apmix:

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Apmix:

thanks

No doubt rearing to smoke is far better but the truth is if you have the capital and space, doing both isn't a bad idea either...

Their is always demand for both fresh and smoked.

https://m.facebook.com/AgroWealthNG

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by imercyclara: 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
Mobola33:
Help please.. My newly constructed pond is leaking from the wall kindly help guys.. Have given in too much for this
Simply buy tarpaulin and put inside
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waleyp(m): 8:53am On Jul 01, 2022
With the situation in the country today it is profitable for you to smoke them and sell them.... I think and i stand to be corrected tho
Apmix:

thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by coputa(m): 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
excelsiorfarm:
Please,i am about stocking my ponds with 2000 fingerlings,but i am afraid because what people are saying that fish farming is no longer profitable.I know you as an experience fish farmer,please i want to know how many bags of feeds will it take to feed them to table size,probably,5 months,will there be any profit.pls.help me to clear my doubt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.