Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1496538 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagbaja(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
excelsiorfarm: create a standard(high) & u are in big biz, i will update all my next expedition dv in fisheries

Thanks Robonski and Excelsiorfarm, @ Excelsiorfarm, I look forward to seeing your expedition. I wish we could have a comprehensive database of fish growers for the country.

In Nigeria, the minimum fish fingerling requirement is 4.3 billion while the total fingerling supply from all sources is 55.8 million (FDF, 2007)
Source
http://www.academicjournals.org/article/article1380897739_Adewumi%20and%20Olaleye.pdf

Without doubt that is a very huge gap between industry demand and supply. It has been established that the biggest problem of catfish production in Nigeria is production of quality fingerlings. We need to find a way to create an efficient distribution of activities along the value chain to derive maximum benefits. A comprehensive database of industry players is the starting point because it will help us to plan more accurately.

If you are an agent and capable of selling a minimum of 20,000 fingerlings monthly at very attractive discounted rates, send me a mail at lajirots@gmail.com. The plan is to deliver reliably to your door steps in oxygenated bags. It doesn't matter where you are located in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
lagbaja:

Thanks Robonski and Excelsiorfarm, @ Excelsiorfarm, I look forward to seeing your expedition. I wish we could have a comprehensive database of fish growers for the country.

In Nigeria, the minimum fish fingerling requirement is 4.3 billion while the total fingerling supply from all sources is 55.8 million (FDF, 2007)
Source
http://www.academicjournals.org/article/article1380897739_Adewumi%20and%20Olaleye.pdf

Without doubt that is a very huge gap between industry demand and supply. It has been established that the biggest problem of catfish production in Nigeria is production of quality fingerlings. We need to find a way to create an efficient distribution of activities along the value chain to derive maximum benefits. A comprehensive database of industry players is the starting point because it will help us to plan more accurately.

If you are an agent and capable of selling a minimum of 20,000 fingerlings monthly at very attractive discounted rates, send me a mail at lajirots@gmail.com. The plan is to deliver reliably to your door steps in oxygenated bags. It doesn't matter where you are located in Nigeria.
great research, i already thought in that light & already got a place, though outside my location & trying to convince d people it is symbosis relating experience,with God & d ban, fishfarmers with agric ventures have lot to gain
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
@lagbaja. Nice one. Please give me details
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
I strongly suggest a comprehensive database of all fish farmers in Nigeria. (From north to south, west and east)

Please all fish farmers in rivers state and environs should identify theirselves immediately
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samuel25(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
robonski15:

I have seen some fish farmers using it at abuja.. But u still have to test the water for acidity and alkalinity..

@Robonski15: Thanks for prompt reply. Please what is accurate water acidic and alkaline level for rearing fish, and what is the name of pack use to test it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by zizicandy(f): 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
[quote

author=robonski15]Yeah my brother I saw everything.. It was an eye
opener.. How I Wish all farmers could visit songhai..[/quote]
Good day bro, please can you send me the details of what i need to know
about songhai including tuition fee via email. will love to go by 2014. My email is zizionyemachi@gmail.com
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Which one is the most important between bio disc and aerator .
robonski15:

U can use both the bio disc and the aerator together, though they play different functions as an aerator pumps in oxygen into the water the bio disc energizes the water..

We have dealt extensively on the benefits of using the bio disc and aerator on previous posts..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
digi101:

Hi practicalclass,

sent you a pm concerning ur n3 on the other thread, before i saw this. Do you still have the fish available? If so what sizes? i buy 300-700g size ranges, minimum of 100kg on a weekly basis and am based in ib. Tried the number on your profile but got the message "the user you're calling doesn't have the facility to receive calls" . My contact is 08021159092

airtel must be having one of their faulty services again. I already sold my fishes and making plans to re-stock my pond but I can help u get from a friend if she still has. I'll give u a call tomorrow and we'll talk even as regards the n3. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
What I don't understand is how to use them when ure using plastic and collapsible tanks. Please kindly educate us on how to install both th aerator and the bio disc. How is it installed and operated?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 1:45am On Dec 30, 2013
@robonski and excelsior

Please can you help me on a detailed comprehensive business plan on fish farming on a half plot of land. Must include hatchery, small living quarters for worker(s) and a feed ill. Please it's really Important. I know you promised posting a fish farming business plan on this thread but I will really need it at your earliest convenience. You can reach me directly on okaforinchrist@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by digi101(m): 3:23am On Dec 30, 2013
practicalclass:

airtel must be having one of their faulty services again. I already sold my fishes and making plans to re-stock my pond but I can help u get from a friend if she still has. I'll give u a call tomorrow and we'll talk even as regards the n3. Thanks.

Ok, will be looking forward to it then. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by femylawal: 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
robonski15:

1.)Feed them till satiation.. By my calculation they should be juvenile and should be eating 3mm feed..

2) About the earator stone u can check at kingdom aquarium.

3) It depends on the location of the pond.. If sun light is directed towards the pond then it should be covered to avoid algea bloom..
Sir, pls what can be used to cover ponds?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cross234(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
hello please do anyone know the price range of Chi feed and how good it is.

thk u
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
digi101:

Ok, will be looking forward to it then. Thanks
in reference to yr earlier statement, whats yr buying price
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
saheed':
depends on perspective or focus, u can raise fishes without them, d former aid health likewise d latter,but d former work against disease & energise d h2o , which only uv aerator does(not common), maybe kingdom aquarium has them,but uv aerator fights disease only
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
oscarvicto: What I don't understand is how to use them when ure using plastic and collapsible tanks. Please kindly educate us on how to install both th aerator and the bio disc. How is it installed and operated?

When u buy an aerator the instructions is clearly written on the liflet. Concerning the biodisc u have to put it in the major oulet of the water.. The water coming out must touch the surface of the bio disc for the water to be energised at nano seconds..
U have to decide where to place it..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
saheed':

It depends..If a farm lacks sufficient water then an aerator is required to boost oxygen, when there is sufficient water then a bio disc is needed to energize the water..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
samuel25:

@Robonski15: Thanks for prompt reply. Please what is accurate water acidic and alkaline level for rearing fish, and what is the name of pack use to test it.

There is a complete.. testing kit for alkalinity, acidity, PH, etc.. I can't really remember the name but I guess its "pond lab"... u can ask after a "complete testing kit"..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
zizicandy:
Good day bro, please can you send me the details of what i need to know
about songhai including tuition fee via email. will love to go by 2014. My email is zizionyemachi@gmail.com
thanks in anticipation.

U can log on to www.songhai.org.. U can search through previous post for their number I wrote down..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
femylawal:
Sir, pls what can be used to cover ponds?

U can use a tampoulin for covering..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:57am On Dec 31, 2013
Hello, I want to specially thank AB1x, MR EXCELSOIR, AYOSAT, JITES, TOKUGAWA, MICKYFISH, and EVERYONE who has contributed one way or the other for the success of this thread..

Believe u me we have made tremendous impact from march till date. I could still remember my foremost post
robonski15: ,let's share ideas and make money together rather than exploiting people..
we have shared ideas and seen outstanding success of fish farmers on this thread and people that contacted me off the thread that has turned from loss to profit, there is no greater joy than this..

For the record I have 16 fish farmers off the thread with testimonies 7 of them are from ghana and 9 from nigeria coupled with the ones on the thread.. No words can adequately do justice to how happy I am..

As 2013 comes to a close to usher in 2014 we will move from strength to strength.. More testimonies and greater success will abound towards us and fresh ideas in 2014 by the special grace of God..

God bless us all richly..

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by doubleportion: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2013
Indeed! This thread has being of tremendious help,if only you can recognise the SILENT LEARNERS who had benefited from this thread, the testimony would had been unimaginable. Kudos to all the contributors! You may not be the Jonathan, but you have serve this nation in a great capacity, complement of the season!

BTW, I have a post fries for sale am @ ipaja axis of Lagos
olaisrich@gmail.com
Thks!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by digi101(m): 10:34am On Dec 31, 2013
excelsiorfarm: in reference to yr earlier statement, whats yr buying price

Hi Excelsiorfarm,

Presently between N360 - N380 /Kg depending on the size mix ratio, size range 300g - 600g

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:42am On Dec 31, 2013
doubleportion: Indeed! This thread has being of tremendious help,if only you can recognise the SILENT LEARNERS who had benefited from this thread, the testimony would had been unimaginable. Kudos to all the contributors! You may not be the Jonathan, but you have serve this nation in a great capacity, complement of the season!

BTW, I have a post fries for sale am @ ipaja axis of Lagos
olaisrich@gmail.com
Thks!
HMMMMMM, ALL GLORY TO GOD
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2013
digi101:

Hi Excelsiorfarm,

Presently between N360 - N380 /Kg depending on the size mix ratio, size range 300g - 600g

Thanks
acknowledge
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2013
robonski15: Hello, I want to specially thank AB1x, MR EXCELSOIR, AYOSAT, JITES, TOKUGAWA, MICKYFISH, and EVERYONE who has contributed one way or the other for the success of this thread..

Believe u me we have made tremendous impact from march till date. I could still remember my foremost post we have shared ideas and seen outstanding success of fish farmers on this thread and people that contacted me off the thread that has turned from loss to profit, there is no greater joy than this..

For the record I have 16 fish farmers off the thread with testimonies 7 of them are from ghana and 9 from nigeria coupled with the ones on the thread.. No words can adequately do justice to how happy I am..

As 2013 comes to a close to usher in 2014 we will move from strength to strength.. More testimonies and greater success will abound towards us and fresh ideas in 2014 by the special grace of God..

God bless us all richly..

ALL GLORY TO GOD
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2013
excelsiorfarm: depends on perspective or focus, u can raise fishes without them, d former aid health likewise d latter,but d former work against disease & energise d h2o , which only uv aerator does(not common), maybe kingdom aquarium has them,but uv aerator fights disease only
Exelsiorfarms thanks more grace to your elbow. Happy new in advance.
AMSA FARMs
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adele200(m): 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
@Op, I finished nysc in october and am very passionate about starting my fish farm before mid nxt year by the Grace of God. Pls, kindly help me. My email is applynow35@gmail.com . Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
saheed':

Exelsiorfarms thanks more grace to your elbow. Happy new in advance.
AMSA FARMs
HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
Adele200: @Op, I finished nysc in october and am very passionate about starting my fish farm before mid nxt year by the Grace of God. Pls, kindly help me. My email is applynow35@gmail.com . Thanks.

What do u want me to assist u with..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eugeneric: 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
pls robonski, am using an earthen pond and just switched to local feeds. since it doesnt float(the local feed) i am worried if the fishes are eating it as i dnt see enough activities once the feed enters under water. any idea how to decipher if they are eating it or not will be helpful. cos am freaking out.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thanks Oga robonski ,excelssior,Abx1,Ayosat and the other farmers on here happy newyear and God bless yah.Next year shall be a greater year for us in Jesus and Alahs's nameJust know that nothing comes easy.As .David saw the end of Goliath.Mordecai saw the end of Haman
Hannah saw the end of barrenness.Ruth saw the end of loneliness.Lazarus saw the end of death.Jabez saw the end of poverty.
As today is the end of the year 2013, by the grace of God,you shall see the end of all your problems, all your trials, all your tribulations, and challenges IJN.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.