Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1167541 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lordmayor4(m): 10:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

Got mine at The Palms, Lekki. . where did u ask yours from ?

Ikeja
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mo2raur(f): 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
harrysterol: wel go to d oda device on thesame spot wer d is hotspot open on d settings n click on it to show u d password n den input dt same password to dis wifi on device n tab d connect it will connect,

Not gettin it.

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Kash007(m): 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
henry007: you're welcome. meanwhile how much do you think the classic would cost, bear in mind that as at time of release, the z30 may have dropped to 40-45k
The z30 wont drop that low in a long time. As for the classic, I am guessing in the range of 50k upon release.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
mo2raur:

Not gettin it.
ok, give me a screenshot of. D oda fone ur using as hotspot I will mark out place u r to click to reveal d password, ur BlackBerry is nt d hotspot is jst d wifi u nid to ON not the hotspot, d oda device is d hotspot n owns d password, if u cn send a pix of d oda device I cn help u explain hw u cn c d password
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
cool
harrysterol: if ur singing up for the first time type in d twisted word is to prevent unnecessary tins to ur acct, is d procedure, bt if ur an existing user already, try using d native browser n do password recovery wit an email address
Ok...... thank you sir
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mo2raur(f): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
harrysterol: ok, give me a screenshot of. D oda fone ur using as hotspot I will mark out place u r to click to reveal d password, ur BlackBerry is nt d hotspot is jst d wifi u nid to ON not the hotspot, d oda device is d hotspot n owns d password, if u cn send a pix of d oda device I cn help u explain hw u cn c d password

Thanks for the prompt response. The phone that I used as the hotspot is not with me again till 2mor. But I tried to use my sister phone wi fi it does not have hotspot sha.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
mo2raur:

Thanks for the prompt response. The phone that I used as the hotspot is not with me again till 2mor. But I tried to use my sister phone wi fi it does not have hotspot sha.
if ur sister fone dnt hv a hotspot u cnt use it, wifi is to tap data or network frm a hotspot, n not wifi to wifi, ok til 2moro den
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Olamagnifico: cool
Ok...... thank you sir
u welcom
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
BlackBerry Passport Available for Pre-Order on Amazon for $599
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mo2raur(f): 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
harrysterol: if ur sister fone dnt hv a hotspot u cnt use it, wifi is to tap data or network frm a hotspot, n not wifi to wifi, ok til 2moro den

Ok tnx. Till 2morrow then.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by siegfried99(m): 12:06am On Sep 25, 2014
harrysterol: BlackBerry Passport Available for Pre-Order on Amazon for $599

Where is walcolm? grin
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 25, 2014
walcolm:

And I will say you lack a lot of unsavoury things that I don't want printed on this thread

If you're incapable of articulating intelligently without resorting to insults, you should leave this thread

Stop throwing tantrums . . it's a faceless forum for crying out loud
and I have not insulted you, nor will I, neither did I intend to; as it might seem; and never will !

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 25, 2014
lordmayor4:

Ikeja

Hence, the difference in price !

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 1:21am On Sep 25, 2014
siegfried99:

Where is walcolm? grin
is not that expensive wink
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:39am On Sep 25, 2014
siegfried99:

Where is walcolm? grin

i have already started making arrangements cool
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:58am On Sep 25, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:
Stop throwing tantrums . . it's a faceless forum for crying out loud
and I have not insulted you, nor will I, neither did I intend to; as it might seem; and never will !

to you, it might seem to be a faceless forum. to me and to a large number of the people who frequent this thread and are as heavily invested and interested in keeping this thread on the level we have maintained going on two years, it is NOT a faceless forum!!! which is why we do all we can to keep conversations here; civil and respectful even when we disagree.

like i said in a previous clarification post, people here are from all sorts of places and background. nobody knows it all or has a monopoly of anything. if you're from a place where making comments like these ...
mxxpunkxx1: Common sense shoulda told you to turn off your data service during they day.
implying someone lacks common sense
mxxpunkxx1: You don't have to lie on a public forum to justify yourself. . . .. . . . .and u r here whining . . .like someone stole your candy !
calling someone a liar and a whiner
is acceptable and considered endearment gestures does not mean everyone else should condone them or consider them acceptable.

on this thread, we make a conscious effort to keep all exchanges as cordial, civil and respectful as possible. there are occasional slips here and there but then we are all human. if you choose to not put in the effort to moderate your posts, then you have chosen to not be a part of this thread

FYI: i don't throw tantrums...if i need to place a well targeted kick up someone's rear for insulting anyone on this thread, i go ahead and do it

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 8:28am On Sep 25, 2014
walcolm:

to you, it might seem to be a faceless forum. to me and to a large number of the people who frequent this thread and are as heavily invested and interested in keeping this thread on the level we have maintained going on two years, it is NOT a faceless forum!!! which is why we do all we can to keep conversations here; civil and respectful even when we disagree.

like i said in a previous clarification post, people here are from all sorts of places and background. nobody knows it all or has a monopoly of anything. if you're from a place where making comments like these ...
is acceptable and considered endearment gestures does not mean everyone else should condone them or consider them acceptable.

on this thread, we make a conscious effort to keep all exchanges as cordial, civil and respectful as possible. there are occasional slips here and there but then we are all human. if you choose to not put in the effort to moderate your posts, then you have chosen to not be a part of this thread

FYI: i don't throw tantrums...if i need to place a well targeted kick up someone's rear for insulting anyone on this thread, i go ahead and do it
can't see the difference btw you and mxxpunkxx1. y'all shld be besties.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by DealMogul(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2014
walcolm:

focusing specifically on the Z10/Z3...as of today, i will take the Z3 over Z10 for the reasons i have already itemized in previous posts...there's nothing i can do on the Z10 that i can't do on the Z3...newer more efficient hardware make up for the drop in spec at least for the

older Dual Core 1.5GHz processor vs newer more efficient Dual Core 1.2GHz processor - I'll take the 1.2GHZ
2GB RAM vs 1.5GB RAM - Not a big issue...as the BB10 OS becomes more efficient, the impact reduces
16GB device storage vs 8GB device storage - MicroSD solves that problem
No Miracast vs Miracast - I'll take Miracast
No FM radio vs FM radio - I'll take FM radio
HDMI out vs No HDMI out - Miracast solves the problem
NFC vs No NFC - i seldom use NFC currently but now that apple has jumped in there would be more opportunities to use NFC on all platforms

You have simply decided on a 'budget' device as opposed to a 'premium' one. I noticed you didn't highlight the hardware differences: casing, design and materials, audio placement and quality...

Ultimately, its your CHOICE even though both are good devices in their respective price points. And another picking a Z10 (like me.. wink ) would pick it for the same reasons highlighted above and more...so your positive is my negative, really. CHOICE

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2014
DealMogul:

You have simply decided on a 'budget' device as opposed to a 'premium' one. I noticed you didn't highlight the hardware differences: casing, design and materials, audio placement and quality...

Ultimately, its your CHOICE even though both are good devices in their respective price points. And another picking a Z10 (like me.. wink ) would pick it for the same reasons highlighted above and more...so your positive is my negative, really. CHOICE
or you could simply let the current price point be the judge. z3 is more expensive but not by a lot and z10 is am old flame with all the disadvantages of being the first BB10 body. plus for most pple 5" screen is the sweet spot. tried placing the z3 beside the z10, I could almost see the z10's inferiority complex. lol
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by DealMogul(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2014
henry007: can't see the difference btw you and mxxpunkxx1. y'all shld be besties.

You mean like a bromance kinda bestie o what? lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2014
DealMogul:

if you read some of my earlier submission on this z10/z3 comparison, i have always placed my main emphasis for choosing Z3 over Z10 on the fact that the Z10 is suffering from the pioneer's disadvantage...BlackBerry changed their development course and tried something new...i have not implied that the Z3 has better specs than the z10 because it does not...but the newer hardware, application of lesson learnt from previous mistakes all come into the build of the Z3

no other BB10 suffers from battery issues as the Z10. Z10 still has the highest screen resolution of all the BB10 devices until yesterday when the passport was released.

the lower resolution on the Z3 does not make a significant impact on the everyday user. all the BB10 devices are made with top quality material and they all feel great in the hand...you only have to hold the Z30 or Z3 once to understand what i mean

the fact that the Z3 has all the mistakes made in Z10 corrected when it was made means that just basing the choice on specs alone will mislead the average BB user who just wants a device that works and gives them no issues

i used the Z10 and loved it. i was prepared to handle all the challenges that it brought and i understood that those are normal teething problems associated with a new platform and new device.. most people buying blackberry today are not in that mind space and will panic and get worried when the Z10 throws up its peculiar challenges at them and i want to avoid that because the better the experience people get from using a BB10 device the better they will feel about their choice of the Platform over android and iOS

so my grouse with @punk is that he's hung up on specs and trying to shove that mindset down the throat of the thread and i cannot stand for that...i want the average user who comes to this thread because they want a great mobile experience to find the right guidance here by tapping from actual use case experiences of others. the hardware specs are a given and that information is freely available but the actual performance depends on how people use their devices and the result can vary even when people are using the exact same device spec

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 9:27am On Sep 25, 2014
walcolm:

if you read some of my earlier submission on this z10/z3 comparison, i have always placed my main emphasis for choosing Z3 over Z10 on the fact that the Z10 is suffering from the pioneer's disadvantage...BlackBerry changed their development course and tried something new...i have not implied that the Z3 has better specs than the z10 because it does not...but the newer hardware, application of lesson learnt from previous mistakes all come into the build of the Z3

no other BB10 suffers from battery issues as the Z10. Z10 still has the highest screen resolution of all the BB10 devices until yesterday when the passport was released.

the lower resolution on the Z3 does not make a significant impact on the everyday user. all the BB10 devices are made with top quality material and they all feel great in the hand...you only have to hold the Z30 or Z3 once to understand what i mean

the fact that the Z3 has all the mistakes made in Z10 corrected when it was made means that just basing the choice on specs alone will mislead the average BB user who just wants a device that works and gives them no issues

i used the Z10 and loved it. i was prepared to handle all the challenges that it brought and i understood that those are normal teething problems associated with a new platform and new device.. most people buying blackberry today are not in that mind space and will panic and get worried when the Z10 throws up its peculiar challenges at them and i want to avoid that because the better the experience people get from using a BB10 device the better they will feel about their choice of the Platform over android and iOS

so my grouse with @punk is that he's hung up on specs and trying to shove that mindset down the throat of the thread and i cannot stand for that...i want the average user who comes to this thread because they want a great mobile experience to find the right guidance here by tapping from actual use case experiences of others. the hardware specs are a given and that information is freely available but the actual performance depends on how people use their devices and the result can vary even when people are using the exact same device spec
one tin am yet to understand, do u mean some of those hardware issues could not be resolved in a newer z10? Like is all the z10 in the market all produced at thesame time? Are the no newer z10 to address some of those impending issues?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2014
walcolm:

It's a faceless forum, i tell ya, in fact, I've been on Nairaland since 2007 . . won 2 Rap Battles . . .in the Music/Radio section !!!
I'm just blunt, i dont think it's a crime . . i just call it like i see it.

@henry007
I know you very well . . . I dont think u remmber me though . . I;ve known u since the iPhone 4 / 4S hype era . .
and your never-ending love for twitter . . i could be wrong though
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by DealMogul(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2014
walcolm:

Re: Highlight in bold - Thanks for the clarification...I thought you were tryna bash the Z10 over the head with a Z3 grin

I guess we are both right especially when we stick with our points. Then it boils down to choice.

henry007: or you could simply let the current price point be the judge. z3 is more expensive but not by a lot and z10 is am old flame with all the disadvantages of being the first BB10 body. plus for most pple 5" screen is the sweet spot. tried placing the z3 beside the z10, I could almost see the z10's inferiority complex. lol

Well, I wouldn't say for most people o...that would be reaching it a bit. I for one am attracted to the 5" size but hey I'll rather have the portability of the Z10 that's why I'm sticking with her.

Another reason is that, I would like to change Z10 for something else on a whole new level, like the Passport. Now that's worth porting over from!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 25, 2014
henry007: or you could simply let the current price point be the judge. z3 is more expensive but not by a lot and z10 is am old flame with all the disadvantages of being the first BB10 body. plus for most pple 5" screen is the sweet spot. tried placing the z3 beside the z10, I could almost see the z10's inferiority complex. lol

z3 = 38,500
z10 = 39,500

current prices at Lagos Island . . .
the z3 is a 2014 phone, the z10 2 yrs back . . .
u dont need Lucifer to tell u the z3 is the budget version of the z10 . . even after 2 yrs, couldnt knock off the price tag
I am not a z10 ambassador, just need dat nigg*a up there *wal****m to know dat the z3 by all ramifications is the mini-z10

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

z3 = 38,500
z10 = 39,500

current prices at Lagos Island . . .
the z3 is a 2014 phone, the z10 2 yrs back . . .
u dont need Lucifer to tell u the z3 is the budget version of the z10 . . even after 2 yrs, couldnt knock off the price tag
I am not a z10 ambassador, just need dat nigg*a up there *wal****m to know dat the z3 by all ramifications is the mini-z10
oops wasn't the z10 going for 31,500 two months ago? lol @ Lucifer. mini implies a smaller battery and screen real estate, but what ever you say boss. now if you had said like z30 mini, you might have been closer to the truth but the term mini still won't be justified. call it a budget z30 instead. z3 is like that compact suv/crossover that feels better/comfy/classier than a sedan(z10,) but not quite up to the suv (z30)
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2014
henry007: oops wasn't the z10 going for 31,500 two months ago? lol @ Lucifer. mini implies a smaller battery and screen real estate, but what ever you say boss.

mini as figuratively used, implies a "smaller, scaled-down, low-end" version . . Add 2 and 2 to make 4.
The z10 never retailed for 31500 . . . You might be mistaken
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Kash007(m): 10:46am On Sep 25, 2014
Oh, I need me a passport but to get $600....hmmm, do I really need two kidneys

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

mini as figuratively used, implies a "smaller, scaled-down, low-end" version . . Add 2 and 2 to make 4.

Don't forget size..

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2014
BluePearls:

Don't forget size..

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

saw it myself at the affordables store. Twas going for the same price as the black q5. Seems they reviewed the prices even on their website. The price difference btw z10 and z3 still inconclusive btw. Meanwhile have you used BOTH devices?, coz if you haven't, why would you argue with people who actually HAVE cc walcolm. sounds like you dunno your 2+2 after all

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 10:53am On Sep 25, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

undecided undecided undecided undecided

undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.