Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria (20530 Views)

Truth About Crucifixion / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Crucifixion Of Jesus: Contradictions In Gospel Accounts Of Jesus' Crucifixion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by faboben10: 10:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
Elsafema:
a NLDER? what are u doing here for God sake, pls go back and read ur book and make sure u pass ur SSCE instead of making noise here
hahaha
u r very funny.
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Eziachi: 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
There is something I never get or understood with Christendom and their obsession with the instrument they claimed Jesus was killed. Lets use this analogy for example. Your best friend or your beloved person was assassinated with a gun, then later you and all those that love this person decided make images of this same gun, make replica of the same gun and wear them as jewellery, as charm and venerate this same gun that killed your loved one.
Would that in any way make any sense?
If cross was used in killing Jesus, why would anyone that love Jesus even touch a cross, not alone kiss and venerate a replica of the same cross. It make no sense at all. And I have search the whole of the bible or the history of the apostolic time in the first century to see where Christian followers of the time used cross of any sort, I still had never seen one.
That left me with the questions:
Was Jesus really killed on a cross or something else?
Is there a link between the cross and trinity?
Can the use of cross has anything to do with one of the ancient artefact of the Roman, which along with many of their tradition was smuggled into christianity after killing off the genuine custodian of that faith and hijacked it? Answers will be appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by vision2050: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Jeffery Hunter of Naija
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by ylaa(f): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=el bin manny]
Does your psychiatrist know u now have asses to the internet??[/quo
pls ask him
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by stankezzy: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi: There is something I never get or understood with Christendom and their obsession with the instrument they claimed Jesus was killed. Lets use this analogy for example. Your best friend or your beloved person was assassinated with a gun, then later you and all those that love this person decided make images of this same gun, make replica of the same gun and wear them as jewellery, as charm and venerate this same gun that killed your loved one.
If cross was used in killing Jesus, why would anyone that love Jesus even touch a cross, not alone kiss and venerate a replica of the same cross. It make no sense at all. And I have search the whole of the bible or the history of the apostolic time in the first century to see where Christian followers of the time used cross of any sort, I still had never seen one.
Can the use of cross has anything to do with one of the ancient artefact of the Roman, which along with many of their tradition was smuggled into christianity after killing off the genuine custodian of that faith and hijacked it? Answers will be appreciated.
spiritual war fare is not fought on pages of paper or laptop.there are something i have just noticed,an ordinary muslem can insult christianity ,insult pastors but i have noticed that iman or muslem clerics can instigate ,say any thing against christians or man of God but if you ask him openly for u to quote him ,especially when it involves man of God that is powerfull,he will tactifully dodge it.a muslem cleric that converted to christianity once said ,the last thing they want then is to enter into spiritual warfare with christians because they no they will lose nd they tactifully dodge it.after insulting chritianity mention one great man of God like adeboye,tell him oya talk against him i will quote you ,he will say please dnt quote meooo!.i dnt want to die oo!.
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by PENMIGHT(m): 12:22am On Mar 31, 2013
Eziachi: There is something I never get or understood with Christendom and their obsession with the instrument they claimed Jesus was killed. Lets use this analogy for example. Your best friend or your beloved person was assassinated with a gun, then later you and all those that love this person decided make images of this same gun, make replica of the same gun and wear them as jewellery, as charm and venerate this same gun that killed your loved one.
Ur analysis is apt! Jesus is not dead and wasn't crucified. The more today's xtain get illusioned about the mystery of the cross the more they get farther in the wilderness of a doctored doctrine. Remove trinity and crucifixion from today's xtainity and nothing is left. The more reason the xtains will be mouth-agape when Jesus returns to clear the air on his real status and destroy the symbolic cross. Then,only then,will the covering be lifted off their perceptions.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by GalaxyNoteII: 2:42am On Mar 31, 2013
Smh........
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by deols(f): 7:59am On Mar 31, 2013
littleb: I think God that didn't allow Abraham to kill his own son as sacrifice should not allow His own "son" to be sacrificed and killed over some people's sin.

“And (for) their saying: ‘Indeed we have killed The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah’. And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him but (another) that was made to resemble him to them. And indeed those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him for certain.” (Quran 4:157)

If Abraham wasnt allowed to kill his son, out of God's love, y would God allow the killing of his own son...when he can 4give without d killing.
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by greatdave(m): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2013
brodaly,its nt d object of the cross that draws our fascination but wat the cross represents...that one who knew no sin,who bore no guile was made sin and experiencd a shameful death on the cross! What Love,What Sacrifice! To some,the bible is jst a book bt to the xtians,its a manual for living life to its 'glorious fullest'!

1 Like

Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2013
deols:

I am not sure of my allah and his foolishness, but is there something in islam that is worth emulating?
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
Christ did not have to die, he was murdered by us. now, he came to show us the way back to God hence his preaching in the synagogues and doing all manner of miracles. his proclaming the good news and Gods kingdom. the world was by then in control of the darkness and the darkness was not going to give up it's turf without a fight. i believe we can find an analogy here in naijerya. the darkness was to instigate the trials of Jesus to find faults with him.. if a messanger is tainted, his message surely would. first was after the 40 days fast which he excelled in flying colours. Jesus Christ was True-Man while on earth! when the 3 direct temptations failed, there was always a judas to bribe to lie about him. there was always a mob to incite to chant for crucifiction. what actually was happenning then was another trial. was Jesus man enough to die for his message? was his message true enough to give his life for? Christ did not die for you, you killed him, yet he forgave you before he gave up his spirit. you have his message to lead you back to God.it is your problem whether you take it. now let me share a quote i saw on the internet yesterday " i will rather believe and be wrong than dont believe and be wrong ". if you like keep bowing you heads to the moon. na una sabi..
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
tintingz: really?

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from thetemple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Your brothers just bombed Kano, are you aware? Religion of "peace" indeed!
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by GooseBaba: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
Malawian: Christ did not have to die, he was murdered by us. now, he came to show us the way back to God hence his preaching in the synagogues and doing all manner of miracles. his proclaming the good news and Gods kingdom. the world was by then in control of the darkness and the darkness was not going to give up it's turf without a fight. i believe we can find an analogy here in naijerya. the darkness was to instigate the trials of Jesus to find faults with him.. if a messanger is tainted, his message surely would. first was after the 40 days fast which he excelled in flying colours. Jesus Christ was True-Man while on earth! when the 3 direct temptations failed, there was always a judas to bribe to lie about him. there was always a mob to incite to chant for crucifiction. what actually was happenning then was another trial. was Jesus man enough to die for his message? was his message true enough to give his life for? Christ did not die for you, you killed him, yet he forgave you before he gave up his spirit. you have his message to lead you back to God.it is your problem whether you take it. now let me share a quote i saw on the internet yesterday " i will rather believe and be wrong than dont believe and be wrong ". if you like keep bowing you heads to the moon. na una sabi..

Which one is it... The guy died for your sins so you can gain salvation or you follow kill am so he can forgive you for your transgressions ....?
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Motolank: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
Waoh
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Eziachi: 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
stankezzy: spiritual war fare is not fought on pages of paper or laptop.there are something i have just noticed,an ordinary muslem can insult christianity ,insult pastors but i have noticed that iman or muslem clerics can instigate ,say any thing against christians or man of God but if you ask him openly for u to quote him ,especially when it involves man of God that is powerfull,he will tactifully dodge it.a muslem cleric that converted to christianity once said ,the last thing they want then is to enter into spiritual warfare with christians because they no they will lose nd they tactifully dodge it.after insulting chritianity mention one great man of God like adeboye,tell him oya talk against him i will quote you ,he will say please dnt quote meooo!.i dnt want to die oo!.
I try not to go into any reasoning with fanatics because they got nothing to over other than making assumptions or abuse another opinion. Who told you that I am a moslem? I raised a question and the descent thing you should do is to provide what you think its the answer in a civil manner or just bugger off. What has the issue raised got to do with the moslem you converted. Those that worship pastors but never try to learn from the scriptures and the author. Get a life!.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Eziachi: 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
greatdave:
brodaly,its nt d object of the cross that draws our fascination but wat the cross represents...that one who knew no sin,who bore no guile was made sin and experiencd a shameful death on the cross! What Love,What Sacrifice! To some,the bible is jst a book bt to the xtians,its a manual for living life to its 'glorious fullest'!
Christianity when Jesus founded it was done to satisfy your fascination, its not about how you feel. Any believe, customs, doctrine outside the confines of the bible should not be taken seriously. Like I said before, neither Jesus himself or his apostles or the 1st century Christian had anything called the cross, let alone the one they are fascinated with.
Only an insane person will be fascinated by the instrument used in killing his beloved one. There many weapon mentioned in the bible that were used in killing Jesus, like nails, Hammer, spears- why is your fascination not extended to them too. I believe that introduction of cross into Christianity has nothing to with Jesus, but rather the Roman pagans that hijacked Christianity, who are already has many triune god, of which the symbol of cross represent. That my opinion, if you have a superior argument, lets hear it.
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Solozzo(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
Billyonaire: Dramatizing crucifixion should not water down the agony of Jesus, the Christ. If it has to be done, then someone really need to get hurt real bad even if not dead. That'll be something to remember.

Would you volunteer to play the Jesus role?
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Solozzo(m): 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Eziachi:
Christianity when Jesus founded it was done to satisfy your fascination, its not about how you feel. Any believe, customs, doctrine outside the confines of the bible should not be taken seriously. Like I said before, neither Jesus himself or his apostles or the 1st century Christian had anything called the cross, let alone the one they are fascinated with.
Only an insane person will be fascinated by the instrument used in killing his beloved one. There many weapon mentioned in the bible that were used in killing Jesus, like nails, Hammer, spears- why is your fascination not extended to them too. I believe that introduction of cross into Christianity has nothing to with Jesus, but rather the Roman pagans that hijacked Christianity, who are already has many triune god, of which the symbol of cross represent. That my opinion, if you have a superior argument, lets hear it.

The cross is a mystical symbol of ore-Christian origin. The vertical bar represent holy spirit while the horizontal bar represent earthly body (or matter) indicating the unity of Holy Spirit and mankind. Initially an image of a lamb was tied to the centre but was changed to a human about 500s AD. Also, the four points of the cross are important because number 4 indicates completeness in mystical numerology eg the four winds of the earth,four directions, east west south and north the four beasts around throne of God in revelation book of the bible.

Modern Christians jtust assumed the cross means the manner Christ died, in ignorance.
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Solozzo(m): 12:15am On Apr 01, 2013
Malawian: Christ did not have to die, he was murdered by us. now, he came to show us the way back to God hence his preaching in the synagogues and doing all manner of miracles. his proclaming the good news and Gods kingdom. the world was by then in control of the darkness and the darkness was not going to give up it's turf without a fight. i believe we can find an analogy here in naijerya. the darkness was to instigate the trials of Jesus to find faults with him.. if a messanger is tainted, his message surely would. first was after the 40 days fast which he excelled in flying colours. Jesus Christ was True-Man while on earth! when the 3 direct temptations failed, there was always a judas to bribe to lie about him. there was always a mob to incite to chant for crucifiction. what actually was happenning then was another trial. was Jesus man enough to die for his message? was his message true enough to give his life for? Christ did not die for you, you killed him, yet he forgave you before he gave up his spirit. you have his message to lead you back to God.it is your problem whether you take it. now let me share a quote i saw on the internet yesterday " i will rather believe and be wrong than dont believe and be wrong ". if you like keep bowing you heads to the moon. na una sabi..

The fact is that Christ coming to earth , living among humans, dying and resurrection were not physical events. He was never born on earth nor crucified by any human hands. He is a powerful spirit entity that cannot be molested by mere humans. He had appeared as visions to the early Christians seeking repentant souls and offering himself to us to seek and find for our own salvation. "In the begining was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God". He is the divinity of God in us "the kingdom of heaven is within you" that is why he says "behold I stand at the door and knock whoever opens the door I will come in and sup with him
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Vansnickers: 3:50am On Apr 01, 2013
decode55:

Stop "begging" for "likes"

LoL! This place will soon become like YouTube, where most people beg for "Thumbs-up".
Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
Solozzo:

The fact is that Christ coming to earth , living among humans, dying and resurrection were not physical events. He was never born on earth nor crucified by any human hands. He is a powerful spirit entity that cannot be molested by mere humans. He had appeared as visions to the early Christians seeking repentant souls and offering himself to us to seek and find for our own salvation. "In the begining was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God". He is the divinity of God in us "the kingdom of heaven is within you" that is why he says "behold I stand at the door and knock whoever opens the door I will come in and sup with him
YOU FORGOT TO ADD " AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELLED AMONGST US"

1 Like

Re: Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria by tintingz(m): 6:24am On Apr 03, 2013
Solozzo:

The cross is a mystical symbol of ore-Christian origin. The vertical bar represent holy spirit while the horizontal bar represent earthly body (or matter) indicating the unity of Holy Spirit and mankind. Initially an image of a lamb was tied to the centre but was changed to a human about 500s AD. Also, the four points of the cross are important because number 4 indicates completeness in mystical numerology eg the four winds of the earth,four directions, east west south and north the four beasts around throne of God in revelation book of the bible.

Modern Christians jtust assumed the cross means the manner Christ died, in ignorance.
was JESUS CRUXIFIED ON A CROSS OR STAKE? http://nairaland.com/1162765/jesus-crucified-cross-pole-stake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Ozubulu Distributed 500 Bags Of Rice To The Poor - Photos / Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse / OPM Church Completes 6th Free School Building In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.