Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? (5655 Views)

Jealous Wife Attacks Spouse With Bottle On Easter Day / How Will You Celebrate Birthday With One Thousand Naira / 15 Items That Can Save Your Family’s Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 4:45am On Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter to all and sundry.

We are in Easter period and
knowing fully well that Easter period do not get much noise compared to Chrismas period, how do you intend to celebrate this Easter period in your family.

As for me, we are going to church this morning, after which we visit a family friend on invitation.
Tomorrow, being Easter Monday, a kind of picnic have been planned in our church and i guess its going to take a lot of hours, because so many activities have been lined up to take place, so, that is where we are going to celebrate our Easter Monday.
Work starts on Tuesday, which means, Easter is over.
Lets share and have fun, how are you going to celebrate Easter in your family.
God bless us all and make us to witness more of it in peace and joy IJN.

Once again............
HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by SisiKill1: 5:21am On Mar 31, 2013
Always spend mine with family and we have a fun filled weekend...egg hunting with the kiddies (I'm such an agbaya when it comes to that), BBQing, church service on Sunday and more partying.

One of brother's Birthday almost always falls a day before, on or a day after Easter (except this year...very weird) so we try to have a separate Happy BD whoo whoo for him...have to do that so he doesn't feel lost in the shuffle of Easter celebration. cheesy

Okay off topic a bit... was it just me or did anyone else think Easter (and Christmas) was like a month long (okay not a month long but longer than one day) event as a kid? I honestly used to think Easter longer than it really was because of the celebratory atmosphere that started around the fasting and all. With Christmas, I thought it started December 1st. Imagine my shock when it slowly dawned on me that it wasn't a whole month or weeks (for the Eid Holidays) affair. sad grin

You know what, I think that's what I miss most about holidays now as an adult...the. . .the...I don't know the word I wanna use....maybe that sense of the [i]neverendingness[/i]of things when we were kids. Sigh!

Ah well, it is still good!

Happy Easter all!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Mynd44: 5:23am On Mar 31, 2013
I am going to be sitting in my farm trying to sleep.
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by SisiKill1: 5:25am On Mar 31, 2013
Hmmm...Sleeeeep!

Sounds like for fun!! cheesy
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Mynd44: 5:27am On Mar 31, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Hmmm...Sleeeeep!

Sounds like for fun!! cheesy
Na im sure pass oooo
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 31, 2013
I bought a 60 mins massage, mani/pedi and a facials online.... Guess I'd go have them...after church of course!!

*singing* he arose! He arose!!
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Mynd44: 6:50am On Mar 31, 2013
tchidi: I bought a 60 mins massage, mani/pedi and a facials online.... Guess I'd go have them...after church of course!!

*singing* he arose! He arose!!
Hallelujah Christ arose
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by k2039: 7:31am On Mar 31, 2013
[size=13pt]I don't celebrate anything.
Every holiday is just like any other day.
[/size]
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by aadetoyin(f): 7:53am On Mar 31, 2013
Am typing this in front of the church grin
So after church, its lunch n sleep. Hubby and I were invited to a birthday party so I guess we'll go there later in the day and will visit my second family on our way back home.
Easter monday, am wondering who I am gonna trick tomorrow mornin since its april fool grin grin grin after that I have to attend my friend's introduction. Am so hapi he is finally ready to tie the knot.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2013
aadetoyin: Am typing this in front of the church grin
So after church, its lunch n sleep. Hubby and I were invited to a birthday party so I guess we'll go there later in the day and will visit my second family on our way back home.
Easter monday, am wondering who I am gonna trick tomorrow mornin since its april fool grin grin grin after that I have to attend my friend's introduction. Am so hapi he is finally ready to tie the knot.

thanks for reminding me april fool, come and trick me pls.

And to your friend.......happy married life in advance!!!
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by aadetoyin(f): 9:53am On Mar 31, 2013
greatgod2012:

thanks for reminding me april fool, come and trick me pls.

And to your friend.......happy married life in advance!!!

Yes Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo April fool is tomorrow. Be expecting me grin
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt]I don't celebrate anything.
[/size]

are you a Jehovah Witness member?

Long time.......miss you
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by k2039: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2013
greatgod2012:

are you a Jehovah Witness member?
[size=13pt]Absolutely No.
I just think this celebrations should be daily,as Christians, Christ's death should be something we reflect on daily.

For me, Easter is a daily celebration.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2013
Sisi you cracked me up again in the middle of the night cheesy.... Yeah we are still in bed here( baby's tantrums) sighs undecided

@Topic.... We are going to church tomorrow morning( I baked some killer pies for after church service snack and I'm getting some hot beverage on our way tomorrow.. Ah well I like to be all chaircoverish kissmost times)

Then we invited 2 families
to gobble gobble our turkey&stuffing and ofcourse my annual Easter egg hunt.... I hope they brought their snow boots, I'm hiding those creme filled eggs in the snow this year, no mago mago, God save those kids from jedijedi.

Hopefully they leave on time so we can go see a movie( Identity Theft sounds like a good one grin) , then work starts tomorrow, yes, no Easter Monday for them unlike other public schools in the city.

#okay I'm falling back under cover,I managed to rock her back to sleep...shhh

Greatgod Happy Easter to you and your entire family, may this season bring us more joy. Amen.

Happy Easter Family section members. grin
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
jidegirl12: Sisi you cracked me up again in the middle of the night cheesy.... Yeah we are still in bed here( baby's tantrums) sighs undecided

@Topic.... We are going to church tomorrow morning( I baked some killer pies for after church service snack and I'm getting some hot beverage on our way tomorrow.. Ah well I like to be all chaircoverish kissmost times)

Then we invited 2 families
to gobble gobble our turkey&stuffing and ofcourse my annual Easter egg hunt.... I hope they brought their snow boots, I'm hiding those creme filled eggs in the snow this year, no mago mago, God save those kids from jedijedi.

Hopefully they leave on time so we can go see a movie( Identity Theft sounds like a good one grin) , then work starts tomorrow, yes, no Easter Monday for them unlike other public schools in the city.

#okay I'm falling back under cover,I managed to rock her back to sleep...shhh

Greatgod Happy Easter to you and your entire family, may this season bring us more joy. Amen.

Happy Easter Family section members. grin

happy Easter to you and your too, by His grace, we shall all celebrate many more of it IJN.

Please o, e rora pelu jedijedi o, hope all these are not too much, well, its their time........let them enjoy themselves and to daddy........my regards!
Love you sis!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Always spend mine with family and we have a fun filled weekend...egg hunting with the kiddies (I'm such an agbaya when it comes to that), BBQing, church service on Sunday and more partying.

One of brother's Birthday almost always falls a day before, on or a day after Easter (except this year...very weird) so we try to have a separate Happy BD whoo whoo for him...have to do that so he doesn't feel lost in the shuffle of Easter celebration. cheesy

Okay off topic a bit... was it just me or did anyone else think Easter (and Christmas) was like a month long (okay not a month long but longer than one day) event as a kid? I honestly used to think Easter longer than it really was because of the celebratory atmosphere that started around the fasting and all. With Christmas, I thought it started December 1st. Imagine my shock when it slowly dawned on me that it wasn't a whole month or weeks (for the Eid Holidays) affair. sad grin

You know what, I think that's what I miss most about holidays now as an adult...the. . .the...I don't know the word I wanna use....maybe that sense of the [i]neverendingness[/i]of things when we were kids. Sigh!

Ah well, it is still good!

Happy Easter all!!!

lol @agbaya at egg hunting, its one of those things jare, we need it once in a while, abeg "nkan ti eye ba je lo ma gbefo"

as regards easter holiday being long, you know it all started from the 40days fasting, fastforward to maundy thursday and the holiday gangan starts on Good friday through Easter Monday, hence, its seemingly long holiday.
And as for Chrismas, the noise about it makes the season looks like holiday, santa claus visit usually starts in Naija on december 1st, and the new year saga also add to the feferity......lol.

Abeg, keep my part of your brother's bithday package which as you described should be in less than 2weeks now and my warmest wishes to him.

Happy Easter to you and your family.
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mynd_44: I am going to be sitting in my farm trying to sleep.

lol at sitting in your farm...............
Happy Easter to you and yours.
Ere le maa mubo lati oko o......... Amin.
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Mynd44: 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
greatgod2012:

lol at sitting in your farm...............
Happy Easter to you and yours.
Ere le maa mubo lati oko o......... Amin.
**wakes up, see this and says a Loud amen**

Back to sleep

1 Like

Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by CrazyMan(m): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mine was fun...I went for morning mass, retruned home to fry some ripe plantain and boiled rice later...sat in a mini bar around 6pm and had some palm wine with my friends. Returned back home later in the night...hoping to be indoors tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 01, 2013
My birthday fell on Easter Sunday,so it was double celebration for me.
I had to enter the kitchen today alone,cos my Fiancee came late,she had to help her mum do some cooking before leaving her house. it was hectic(woman dey try for kitchen,walai). She came later sha. Hosted my colleagues,enough to drink,and eat. Am going to Lagos carnival tomorrow on Easter Monday.
Thank God for Being alive to witness this Day..*someone shout Halleluyah*
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by pekelepekele(m): 1:38am On Apr 01, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt]I don't celebrate anything.
[/size]

God will provide for you
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by manny4life(m): 2:42am On Apr 01, 2013
For me, nothing really special. I went to dinner to someone's house, came home and watched Netflix.
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 01, 2013
In my family, i and my mum do all the cooking while our guests do all the eating.
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 01, 2013
I went to work. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Hygman: 4:33am On Apr 01, 2013
choppings!
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 4:36am On Apr 01, 2013
*boring*
i managed 2 eat 8 tyms yesterday, am planning 2 double d ration. Jst eat, slip, wake up, slip eat.etc#winks#
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 4:38am On Apr 01, 2013
Joavid: In my family, i and my mum do all the cooking while our guests do all the eating.

Dey al did d eating? And u were jst lukin@dem? Wat were u waitin 4? Or u r stil on marathan fast?
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by dedons: 4:51am On Apr 01, 2013
I spent d entire day reading in class...

UNIBEN EXAM IS IN PROGRESS O
Re: How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 01, 2013
Typically we do in this order - baskets, eggs, church, family gathering. Cook a crap ton of food and feed a crap ton of people.

It was my daughters birthday this Easter but we celebrated her birthday a day early not to mess up Easter stuffs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 31 Qualities Of A Total (virtuous) Woman. Dare To Be One! / Could Women Have Multiple Husbands / Entry Period For The Cussons Baby Moments 6 Competition Extended By 2 More Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.