Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? (3915 Views)

My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J / Happy Birthday OAM4J / Finally Seun, OAM4J & Jarus Settle Ripple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Rossikk(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2013
This site is really going down the drain. I started a perfectly legitimate thread here yesterday about Ojukwu and whether he would have continued the war if his children were among the starving, only for the above named cretin to delete the entire thread and ban me. No explanation, no redirection, nothing. Is he saying one cannot discuss Ojukwu or Biafra on this forum? If some folks contributed to the thread with ethnic based insults why not delete their posts rather than delete the entire thread and then ban the initiator of the thread? It's the most callous, thoughtless and arbitrary decision I've ever seen on a forum. Again, who made this guy a moderator? Seun, you need to conduct IQ or aptitude tests before making anyone a mod here, or this site will lose its value. Pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Burger01(m): 8:57am On Mar 31, 2013
Moderators with low mentality... sad
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by IGBOSON1: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2013
Even though i thought the thread posed a stupid and inciting question, i still feel everyone is entitled to air their views and questions regardless of how silly they are.

The OP might just as well have asked if Awo and Adekunle would have been in a hurry to initiate a starvation policy or shoot at anything that moves if their own 'blood' was involved.

8 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2013
70% of the MODs we have here recently are cowardly stewpid... mclatunji, afam, et al

3 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Alfamann: 9:57am On Mar 31, 2013
Only a dunce can make another dunce a moderator.

1 Like

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by 7842I: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2013
Rossikk: This site is really going down the drain. I started a perfectly legitimate thread here yesterday about Ojukwu and whether he would have continued the war if his children were among the starving, only for the above named cretin to delete the entire thread and ban me. No explanation, no redirection, nothing. Is he saying one cannot discuss Ojukwu or Biafra on this forum? If some folks contributed to the thread with ethnic based insults why not delete their posts rather than delete the entire thread and then ban the initiator of the thread? It's the most callous, thoughtless and arbitrary decision I've ever seen on a forum. Again, who made this guy a moderator? Seun, you need to conduct IQ or aptitude tests before making anyone a mod here, or this site will lose its value. Pathetic.

Why are you complaining like the afenifere cowards. Open another tribal topic sharpish and we will all air our views there.
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2013
Rossikk: This site is really going down the drain. I started a perfectly legitimate thread here yesterday about Ojukwu and whether he would have continued the war if his children were among the starving, only for the above named cretin to delete the entire thread and ban me. No explanation, no redirection, nothing. Is he saying one cannot discuss Ojukwu or Biafra on this forum? If some folks contributed to the thread with ethnic based insults why not delete their posts rather than delete the entire thread and then ban the initiator of the thread? It's the most callous, thoughtless and arbitrary decision I've ever seen on a forum. Again, who made this guy a moderator? Seun, you need to conduct IQ or aptitude tests before making anyone a mod here, or this site will lose its value. Pathetic.
Though there's freedom of speech and expression of opinion but such freedom should be used RESPONSIBLY. There is ABSOLUTELY no need for such thread. This time, I commend the moderator for averting what would have been another needless e-ethnic war

6 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Pukkah: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2013
A moderator allegedly fumigated your divisive thread out of existence and you're whining. You also proceeded to heap insults on the moderator. Is this act of yours responsible? Your choice of words is rather extreme and ban-deserving.

Why not employ the avenue of laying your complaints in a civil and decent manner rather than resort to abuse? Can't you do without insulting others?

So you think the site is going down the drain because your thread was allegedly deleted? Just read over the words you used again. In short, users like you should be permanently deleted. All your other monikers should also be included.

3 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2013

Na my broda u dey insult like dis!!....Look don't let me come for u coz im gonna tear u apart!
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by MrGlobe(m): 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
I think Seun should come to the rescue here and ban this foolish maggot brained op for life. You opened an idiotic post mean for scumbags like you and you come here whining after the right thing was done fool. You also know another legitimate thread in defense of ojukwu was deleted too.

6 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Afam4eva(m): 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
@OP
Like your ban message says, you got banned for fanning the embers of tribalism. We know what threads like that can turn into.
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Alfamann: 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Afam4eva: @OP
Like your ban message says, you got banned for fanning the embers of tribalism. We know what threads like that can turn into.

Hahaha. I can't stop laughing at this.
What? "fanning the embers of tribalism"? Wetin man no go hear from moderators?
Do you know that any post on the politics section fans the embers of tribalism?
So we cannot ask questions about our political history, which is full of tribalism, so as not to fan embers? What type of reasonning is this?
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by malc619(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2013

Wrong!!

His post wasn't addressed to any tribe, it was about a person?? He didn't insult Igbos or any other tribe so wtf are you saying??

ALL threads have the potential of turning into a tribal war if Bigots are allowed to have a free time on the thread. The issue isn't about Igbos but Oju-Iku...

Are you saying one cannot discuss Oju-Iku or Awolowo on NL??

What about Tinubu, Achebe, Roaches and Fashola?? Can we discuss them as well??

Can you refer me to a rule on NL that the OP flouted in the aforementioned thread??

I see this as an abuse of power and on the part of OAM419.

2 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by MrGlobe(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
malc619:

Wrong!!

His post wasn't addressed to any tribe, it was about a person?? He didn't insult Igbos or any other tribe so wtf are you saying??

ALL threads have the potential of turning into a tribal war if Bigots are allowed to have a free time on the thread. The issue isn't about Igbos but Oju-Iku...

Are you saying one cannot discuss Oju-Iku or Awolowo on NL??

What about Tinubu, Achebe, Roaches and Fashola?? Can we discuss them as well??

Can you refer me to a rule on NL that the OP flouted in the aforementioned thread??

I see this as an abuse of power and on the part of OAM419.
The thread was senseless and mischievous. It is classified as a troll thread and deserves to be deleted if not, nairaland will be opening its doors to more troll threads which we all are capable of creating. The op is foolish, he should worry about his father instead of ojukwu.
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by malc619(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mr. Globe:

The thread was senseless and mischievous. It is classified as a troll thread and deserves to be deleted if not, nairaland will be opening its doors to more troll threads which we all are capable of creating. The op is foolish, he should worry about his father instead of ojukwu.

Ok fool, you've been noticed.. Run along now..

3 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by MrGlobe(m): 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
malc619:

Ok fool, you've been noticed.. Run along now..
oh so you actually take lessons from a fool. Rettards like you are all over nairaland. Including the op.

1 Like

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by TableLeg(m): 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2013
I think it is safe to say that 80% of the moderators on the forum are fu...cking moro..ns and idio..ts!
Sections like romance, sexuality and celebrities have fu..cking donuts moderating them ....
Only a handful of them have a brain up there .... the rest are power drunk dossers!!!
The rate at which people complain about moderating and moderators on this forum is alarming ....
The standard and quality of this forum has dropped immensely .... Its a pity

To any moderator reading, i dont care .. Ban me all you want .. I won't create a new account and i won't beg or retract my claims!

4 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by EkoIle1: 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
The thread really shouldn't have been deleted especially for the weak reason or excuse sited since similar threads like the Awolowo thread are still on the first page with the same tribal venoms and content.

If the reason given was really your concern, then similar threads on the front page or elsewhere on NL should have been deleted too.

This is obviously a selective and partial action on the part of the MOD involved and it makes no sense.

Reinstate the thread and apologize to the OP or delete similar threads on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by backtosender: 1:03pm On Mar 31, 2013
freedom of expression is necessary...but op you need to no that thread like that is not advisable better use ur brain, ojukwu was too young to have an adult kid back then..
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by seanet02: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Though there's freedom of speech and expression of opinion but such freedom should be used RESPONSIBLY. There is ABSOLUTELY no need for such thread. This time, I commend the moderator for averting what would have been another needless e-ethnic war
The OP created a legitimate thread but seems the moderators are high on something else. Why can't ojuiku be discussed? Why?
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by saintneo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2013
MOD taking a leak

OP swallowing
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by OAM4J: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
Table Leg :
I think it is safe to say that 80% of the moderators on the forum are fu...cking moro..ns and idio..ts!
Sections like romance, sexuality and celebrities have fu..cking donuts moderating them ....
Only a handful of them have a brain up there .... the rest are power drunk dossers!!!
The rate at which people complain about moderating and moderators on this forum is alarming ....
The standard and quality of this forum has dropped immensely .... Its a pity

To any moderator reading, i dont care .. Ban me all you want .. I won't create a new account and i won't beg or retract my claims!

No you do not deserve a ban but education if your assessment of bad moderators is by the level of complaints against them. Moderators remove offensive, insultive posts/threads of trolls, spammers and trouble makers everyday, and many times ban them and you expect such posters not to whine and complain? Any moderator without complaint is either moderating an inactive section or not doing his/her job well. No one will moderate a public forum like Nairaland and sections like Politics and Romance you mentioned and be spared of criticism and attacks.

Freedom of expression should be used responsibly, not to insult, cause trouble or pursue a purposeless agenda. No one says Ojukwu and Awolowo cannot be discussed, but on relevant subject with the purpose of sharing opinions and education, not with the aim of causing divisions and troubles. If we allow such threads and meaningless fighting/insults running to 10-20 pages, some of you will open a thread on how Nairaland is promoting tribaslism and moderators doing nothing about it.

Moderators have rules guiding their conducts and all their actions are logged and supervised by supermoderators and Admin.

8 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Rossikk(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
You know, I honestly thought you were an intelligent person up till now. It's obvious you lack basic common sense. A completely innocuous topic which did not mention any "tribe" or ethnic group, but merely posed a question about the motivations of a main protagonist in a major conflict, and you delete the post and ban the initiator on the basis that others may ascribe their ethnic prejudices to the issue? Then why allow any posts at all? There is no thread that cannot be abused by ethnicists. It is obvious that you and the other "moderator" could not stomach the debate, perhaps due to your sympathies with Ojukwu, hence your callous decision to stifle debate and ban the initiator. This reminds one of the worst days of Abacha. Tomorrow you and your ilk will be the first to insult the Nigerian leadership for their failures, but they are much more enlightened than you, since they do not stop people from discussing issues of the day. Your actions are revolting and disgusting and a big shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Rossikk(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
OAM4J:

No you do not deserve a ban but education if your assessment of bad moderators is by the level of complaints against them. Moderators remove offensive, insultive posts/threads of trolls, spammers and trouble makers everyday, and many times ban them and you expect such posters not to whine and complain? Any moderator without complaint is either moderating an inactive section or not doing his/her job well. No one will moderate a public forum like Nairaland and sections like Politics and Romance you mentioned and be spared of criticism and attacks.

Freedom of expression should be used responsibly, not to insult, cause trouble or pursue a purposeless agenda. No one says Ojukwu and Awolowo cannot be discussed, but on relevant subject with the purpose of sharing opinions and education, not with the aim of causing divisions and troubles. If we allow such threads and meaningless fighting/insults running to 10-20 pages, some of you will open a thread on how Nairaland is promoting tribaslism and moderators doing nothing about it.

Moderators have rules guiding their conducts and all their actions are logged and supervised by supermoderators and Admin.
You are a pathetic excuse for an educated person. In fact I doubt you passed through the four walls of a university to utter this gibberish here. Who the hell are you to determine what constitutes the "right type of question to ask" about Ojukwu or the civil war? I mean is Seun reading this illiterate stuff I'm reading here? Anyway, thanks for exposing yourself here. Now formers can all see the shocking level of your intelligence, together with that of your partner.

3 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by TableLeg(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
OAM4J:

I disagree with you on so many points here...
I have seen blatant bias and selective punishment on this forum or do you want to tell me that there is no bias or inconsistencies across this forum when it comes to moderating?
I know good moderators on this forum and i know the daft, overzealous and arrogant ones .....
On the rules guiding conducts and actions, do you want to prove to us that it is not flawed or not followed?
One thing is sure here, moderators have their favourite people and target some people .. The same treatment a moderator's friend/ally gets is not what one who is not gets!
I dont have a problem for problematic members to be dealt with accordingly or dumb/tribalistic/offensive threads to be addressed, but the point is their should be a level playing field ... The consistencies should be glaring for all to see, if it is there, you won't have people put up threads like this ....
I am not tribalistic or a bigot or anything .... i am just saying!
I have been banned on this forum for getting into war of words with another member, guess what, the other member who started the abuse was not ... What do you call that?!
And you are telling me conducts and actions are being monitored ... SMH!

1 Like

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by EkoIle1: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
OAM4J:

Is this any different from what is going on in the thread bellow right under your nose and watch on the front page?

https://www.nairaland.com/1241988/did-obafemi-awolowo-anything-promote

Your sanctimonious concerns rings very hollow and selective still.

Prudence and consistency is one of the many god attributes of a good MOD.

2 Likes

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by OAM4J: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rossikk: You are a pathetic excuse for an educated person. In fact I doubt you passed through the four walls of a university to utter this gibberish here. Who the hell are you to determine what constitutes the "right type of question to ask" about Ojukwu or the civil war? I mean is Seun reading this illiterate stuff I'm reading here? Anyway, thanks for exposing yourself here. Now formers can all see the shocking level of your intelligence, together with your partner.

You are educated yet you dont know how to be civil in your conversation and control your emotions by making statements without insults. Actually am glad I remove your thread cos you obviously dont have the temperament to handle such discussion you raised.

Slow down on the insults and name calling, they are against the rules, that I ignore them till now doesnt mean they are acceptable.
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Rossikk(m): 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2013
OAM4J:

You are educated yet you dont know how to be civil in your conversation and control your emotions by making statements without insults. Actually am glad I remove your thread cos you obviously dont have the temperament to handle such discussion you raised.

Slow down on the insults and name calling, they are against the rules, that I ignore them till now doesnt mean they are acceptable.
You deserve every insult you get. Our leaders are insulted every day here for their failures. Even our president is called all sorts of names while you accept it. Are you saying you're bigger than the president? You are a "leader" on NL by virtue of your position as a mod, so you can be attacked for your actions. You are not God. You are not a king. You messed up and you deserve to be inundated with outraged responses. Understand? Seun, is he capable of understanding? Aptitude tests pls!

1 Like

Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by TableLeg(m): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is this any different from what is going on in the thread bellow right under your nose and watch on the front page?

Thank you ... You have said it all!

This is why i still think that a very good proportion of the moderators on this forum are a disgrace!!!
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by OAM4J: 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2013
Eko Ile:

I agree with you. But trust me, its a tough call trying to maintain that consistency balance between sanity and free for all fights. Often times like my elders used to say, its a case of sugar mixed with farts in one's mouth, you dont want to lose the sugar by spiting out fart and you dont want fart in your system by swallowing sugar. So discretion/compromise of what is most important at any giving time will be used.

Removing the link you gave will amount to another trouble since the similar one about Achebe was allowed. But I removed the one of Rosiki because It will only give birth birth to more trouble threads.

Hard, but we are trying our best to maintain that balance by removing trouble buds before they grow.
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Demdem(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
OAM4J:

I perfectly understand ur position and what u are trying to prevent. It's honourable however I feel u erred as regards banning him. There was absolutely no reasons for that. The op asked a legitimate question on that thread which is strange to me because av always known him to be daft.
Ur deleting the thread surely saved u some hassles because warlords will bombard such threads viciously. However it shouldn't have led to a ban. Av read NL rules and I don't seem to get my hands on any rule he broke. My opinion though.
Re: Who Made OAM4J A Moderator? by Rossikk(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
OAM4J:

I agree with you. But trust me, its a tough call trying to maintain that consistency balance between sanity and free for all fights. Often times like my elders used to say, its a case of sugar mixed with farts in one mouth, you dont want to lose the sugar by spiting out fart and you dont want fart in your system by swallowing sugar. So discretion/compromise of what is most important at any giving time will be used.

Removing the link you gave will amount to another trouble since the similar one about Achebe was allowed. But I removed the one of Rosiki because It will only give birth birth to more trouble threads.

Hard, but we are trying our best to maintain that balance by removing trouble buds before they grow.
And then BANNED me on top of that? What was the ban for? What offence did I commit by starting that thread? Tell the forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Host 2014 World Economic Forum On Africa / In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. / FIRST Governor Since Lagos History To Have 3 Deputies Within A Span Of 8 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.