Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. (3914 Views)

We Spend Too Much To Attack Okorocha’s Government: What A Doomday!!! / Down With Governor Okorocha's Government Of Thieves / Unbiased Assessment of Failed Gov. Rochas Okorocha's Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Abagworo(m): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
From what I've seen so far from different threads of. Governments that have stayed 6years in power as well as what I've seen from my visits to States like Anambra and Abia, I make it bold to say the Government of Rochas Okorocha has done way more in 2years than all the other Southeast Governor's 6years. Only Chime stands out but I believe in the next one year, Rochas must have gone miles ahead. Chime failed to invest in Primary and Post Primary education infrastructure. Imo State also seem to have the best State secretariat built by Udenwa admin and renovated by Rochas admin.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by ckkris: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Okorocha supports Buhari. Okorocha therefore supports those killing his own Igbo race. Okorocha betrayed APGA. Okorocha may sacrifice Igbo nation to please implacable born-to-ruin. Okorocha should read THERE WAS A COUNTRY.

2 Likes

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Abagworo(m): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
Imo State secretariat.

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by ChimaAdeoye: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
Imo Secretariat was NOT BUILT BY ROCHAS!

[size=20pt]IT WAS THE ONLY ACHIEVEMENT OF CHIEF ACHIKE UDENWA, 8 YEARS IN POWER![/size]

Rochas is only planting flowers there now. Please state the facts!
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Rhino4dm: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
ckkris: Okorocha supports Buhari. Okorocha therefore supports those killing his own Igbo race. Okorocha betrayed APGA. Okorocha may sacrifice Igbo nation to please implacable born-to-ruin. Okorocha should read THERE WAS A COUNTRY.

So, what are we now to call ojukwu? the leader of APGA supporting IBB?? This was happening after Jonathan declared his interest to contest.smh!!

Our own Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu is in the news again. This time he is asking the Igbo to support IBB for his presidential ambition in 2011. His reason: IBB was the president who released all his fathers’ property seized during the civil war and kept by the federal government for 23 years after the war. As I write this Ikemba Nnewi is deploying foot soldiers to all nooks and crannies of Igboland to campaign for IBB – a man that was instrumental to the destruction of everything we hold dear in Nigeria .

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/no-ikemba-nnewi-igbo-cannot-support-ibb

2 Likes

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Abagworo(m): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2013
ckkris: Okorocha supports Buhari. Okorocha therefore supports those killing his own Igbo race. Okorocha betrayed APGA. Okorocha may sacrifice Igbo nation to please implacable born-to-ruin. Okorocha should read THERE WAS A COUNTRY.

I don't know where people get all these insinuations like Amaechi did this or Okorocha did that. I Abagworo prefer Buhari to Jonathan but I love Igboland and love Jonathan as well. Jonathan is not competent to lead Nigeria and lacks the liver to fight corruption. I don't think Okorocha has any special support for Buhari though unless it is a secret support. Peter Obi killed APGA and not Okorocha. APGA has been in crisis long before the emergence of Okorocha.

https://www.nairaland.com/518555/apga-crisis-re-not-national

1 Like

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Abagworo(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Imo Secretariat was NOT BUILT BY ROCHAS!

[size=20pt]IT WAS THE ONLY ACHIEVEMENT OF CHIEF ACHIKE UDENWA, 8 YEARS IN POWER![/size]

Seems you did not read my post well. I wrote that it is undergoing renovation. The entire roofs have been replaced and the doors, windows, electrical parts replaced as well as the walls repainted. There's more work done there than planting flowers. Here's the old looks during Udenwa and notice the environment too.

1 Like

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by amakenny: 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
True, compared to other governors, within a space of 2 years Governor Okorocha has touched more communities in his state with projects.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by mensdept: 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2013
Secretariat every time? okay

1 Like

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by ckkris: 11:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
Abagworo:

I Abagworo prefer Buhari to Jonathan
You may not understand what Chuba Okadigbo called 'marginalsation', to keep Igbos on the corridor of power. Jonathan invites Igbos to the decision table, thats why they fighting him.

2 Likes

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
Rhino.4dm:

So, what are we now to call ojukwu? the leader of APGA supporting IBB?? This was happening after Jonathan declared his interest to contest.smh!!

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/no-ikemba-nnewi-igbo-cannot-support-ibb

You just broke that little boy's back.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
ckkris: You may not understand what Chuba Okadigbo called 'marginalsation', to keep Igbos on the corridor of power. Jonathan invites Igbos to the decision table, thats why they fighting him.

What table? Ezekwesili, Soludo, Ekweremadu, Akunyili, Okonja Iweala, Andy Uba and many other Igbos were also at the table during Obasanjo Administration.

7 Likes

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by ACM10: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2013
Abagworo, you seems to have mental issues. Even Anambra government secretariat is more imposing than that of Imo. Why can't you drop your penchant for bringing Anambra into your comparison? Soon Chino will invade this thread and you will start moaning like bi.tch.

7 Likes

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Afam4eva(m): 12:13am On Jun 23, 2013
@Abagworo
I expect that when you make a claim like this topic reads, you should furnish us with intimidating credentials with pictures of what Rochas has done and not by showing us a secretariat. I believe Rochas has done more than is being reported by we don't get to see it.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Abagworo(m): 12:22am On Jun 23, 2013
ACM10: Abagworo, you seems to have mental issues. Even Anambra government secretariat is more imposing than that of Imo. Why can't you drop your penchant for bringing Anambra into your comparison? Soon Chino will invade this thread and you will start moaning like bi.tch.

I just don't like making it seem like I'm against Anambra that's all. Chino tries to twist it to Imo vs Anambra instead of Rochas vs Obi vs Orji vs Elechi vs Chime in performance when compared with the number of years. Obi has stayed 7 years while Chime, Elechi and Orji are 6years respectively. Rochas on the other hand is barely 2 years.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Abagworo(m): 12:25am On Jun 23, 2013
Afam4eva: @Abagworo
I expect that when you make a claim like this topic reads, you should furnish us with intimidating credentials with pictures of what Rochas has done and not by showing us a secretariat. I believe Rochas has done more than is being reported by we don't get to see it.

Building over 300 schools at the same time is an unbelievable credential to me even though they are at various stages of completion. No other Governor in the Southeast built up to 30 schools.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Afam4eva(m): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Building over 300 schools at the same time is an unbelievable credential to me even though they are at various stages of completion. No other Governor in the Southeast built up to 30 schools.
Thje problem with Rochas is that he started too many projects at the same time. I think we we'll see a lot of completed projects in Imo at the end of his first tenure. People in Imon should also endeavour to take pictures of their state like the folks in Enugu and Lagos.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by IGBOSON1: 12:33am On Jun 23, 2013
As per state secretariats in the South East; the prize for the best in the near future (they're currently being built) would go to either Ebonyi (theirs is massive) or Enugu.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Abagworo(m): 12:59am On Jun 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Thje problem with Rochas is that he started too many projects at the same time. I think we we'll see a lot of completed projects in Imo at the end of his first tenure. People in Imon should also endeavour to take pictures of their state like the folks in Enugu and Lagos.

There are completed projects in Imo and there are pictures too. The issue is that the PDP and the embittered beneficiaries of the expelled former deputy Governor are fighting a media war against Okorocha and some of them that got contracts have deliberately abandoned them and are now opposing the Governor. If you analyze Chime's achievements , you'll discover that its more of urban renewal than starting off new cities in other parts of Enugu. Rochas has done well in urban renewal but people seem to overlook that. He has also started off new cities in Imo State. I've seen Orlu with my own eyes and its now almost a city and this is barely 2 years into this admin.

This is one of the rural schools under construction.

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by amakenny: 6:45am On Jun 23, 2013
Abagworo:

I've seen Orlu with my own eyes and its now almost a city and this is barely 2 years into this admin.

While Gov. Okorocha refurbishes Udenwa projects in Owerri, he is destroying the stadium Udenwa built in Orlu without a new one built. All the roads Udenwa built in Orlu are being washed away - no repairs. The Housing units in Okporo which Udenwa could not complete remain uncompleted. Why?

Orlu a city? In what sense? - total sum of a few kilometers of broadened roads with mostly concrete chippings on them getting to about a year now, while similar roads in Owerri and Okigwe are done expressly. Going to two years, people can hardly move from one point to the other in Orlu for absence of roads, no electricity in many areas, bank folded up; population thinning down.
Is this development: widening a road from Orlu centre to St. Joseph Church Umuna - a distance of about 300 meters only - and in the process leaving tens of thousands of families and businesses without electricity for about one year now?

How else can a governor under-develop a town? The scenario above is the truth, not politics. We all dared Ohakim's winning machinery in Orlu and voted for Okorocha.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by thirty(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2013
amakenny:
While Gov. Okorocha refurbishes Udenwa projects in Owerri, he is destroying the stadium Udenwa built in Orlu without a new one built. All the roads Udenwa built in Orlu are being washed away - no repairs. The Housing units in Okporo which Udenwa could not complete remain uncompleted. Why?

Orlu a city? In what sense? - total sum of a few kilometers of broadened roads with mostly concrete chippings on them getting to about a year now, while similar roads in Owerri and Okigwe are done expressly. Going to two years, people can hardly move from one point to the other in Orlu for absence of roads, no electricity in many areas, bank folded up; population thinning down.
Is this development: widening a road from Orlu centre to St. Joseph Church Umuna - a distance of about 300 meters only - and in the process leaving tens of thousands of families and businesses without electricity for about one year now?

How else can a governor under-develop a town? The scenario above is the truth, not politics. We all dared Ohakim's winning machinery in Orlu and voted for Okorocha.
Mr critics, is there no governor between Gov. Udenwa's tenor and Gov. Okorocha's tenor? Ask them what have they done.
While do you expeect Gov. Okorocha to do all these projets you counted within the little period and fund. Kindly give him more time.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Onyegecha(f): 7:19am On Jun 23, 2013
Many people are refusing to toe the path of truth and so they deceive people on this site. Imo State is sinking day by day and someone is asking us to rejoice rather than find a solution to our predicament. Okorocha has sold Imo state and i wonder how many decades it will take successive administrations to repair the damages done by this administration in just two years. He has borrowed so much money using local govt allocation as collateral. Too many shady deals that will set Imo state economy back for many years long after he has left office. His projects are senseless and give the impression that he only uses them as channels to siphon money. His greed is unquenchable.
He speaks before he thinks such that Imo state is currently swimming in confusion. We need to pray for rescue not celebrate rescue.
For my brothers who stay far and assess Imo government, you need to know that all that glitters is not gold.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by amakenny: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2013
thirty:
Mr critics, is there no governor between Gov. Udenwa's tenor and Gov. Okorocha's tenor? Ask them what have they done.
While do you expeect Gov. Okorocha to do all these projets you counted within the little period and fund. Kindly give him more time.

Short period?

Look at these simple eye openers vis a vis Okorocha's attitude to development in Orlu:
Without first having a new one in its position, what sense dictates Okorocha-led government dismantling the Orlu stadium refurbished by IMSG with hundreds of millions of Naira a few years ago and dedicated to late Sam Okwaraji? Common sense dictates that a new one must be in place before the old one is removed. What if any political disequilibrium takes place today, Orlu that has had a stadium for decades shall remain without a stadium till ....

With local govt councils with no funds for road maintenance, the roads built by previous admins and the NDDC in Orlu are all washing away. Whither IMSG's Operation Zero Pot Hole here? - is it not the state government that maintains the roads which Gov. Okorocha government inherited from past admins in Owerri and elsewhere?

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by bestview: 9:42am On Jun 23, 2013
Imo state is hugely under developed with the state being over 85percent rural. In most cases imo state cannot be in a race with Anambra, because the former is 'FACE' while the later is 'PSQUARE'

Anambra is to SE what Rivers and Lagos is to SS and SW respectively.

It has often been cleared here that imo state is in league with states as Gombe, Ebonyi, Taraba, Ekiti, Oshun etc. So if anybody wants to do analysis they should look for like match.

Developmentally Anambra is over 200yrs ahead of imo state in all sectors. Infact that bully called okorosha should go to Awka and learn from Obi what development and governace is about.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Donmams(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2013
No wonder okorocha is the only south east governor to have joined APC. I feel sorry for the remaining SE states for siding with Jonathan. When JonaThan is kicked out of office these SE PDP states will have only themselves to blame for their isolation.
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by ketoprofen(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2013
Abagworo, y exactly did u open this thread? so that all SE peeps will start debating which guv did best or not? i dont think people like me have that time

and besides,y not just tag the thread,'okorochas achievements(with pix), so that we follow u to confirm the guy and not that divisive caption
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Imo Secretariat was NOT BUILT BY ROCHAS!

please quote him and make bold where he said Rochas built it. Olodo!
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by oneeast: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2013
I don't know why Imo people are this gullible. This is same governor that have not provided a single employment in a state ravaged by wide scale poverty, insecurity,etc. But the governor have been talking like a parrot. Rochas is nothing but a clown and clueless. All this deceptive projects started by this comedian has been dumped immediately they were started. EFCC are always arresting his commissioners for fraud that are linked to the gov.

A state that has not seen a single development since 1999. A state that has been ruled by fraudsters since 1999. Imagine a crap of a Secretariat, just looks like the first storey building built by Lugard in 1985 at Lokoja.

TUFIAKWA!
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by olumidaie(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
AFAM4EVA and your Igbo cohorts, I've vindicated you peeps on that Ijaw over bloated 15, mila post. Check d link

www.nairaland.com/891977/how-did-ijaw-4th-largest/15#16412107
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by Peruseman(m): 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
i thought that the gov built an edifice where imo people can go and ventilate their anger. Pls, use it .
Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by EkoIle1: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: In The Southeast, Okorocha's Government Is Way Ahead. by oneeast: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin

Huge trash!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Had Guns And Ammunition At His Home – SAHARA REPORTERS / No Fuel, No Light , No Water , Nobody Is Protesting. Why? / Nigerians Are Not Happy With PMB See Proof.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.