Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095089 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 7:54pm On May 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Westerosi fighters depend on their armour for protection while Dothraki depend on their speed.You cannot have the two.A Dothraki would not be able to fight with armour on so you cannot use it as an excuse(Remember Oberyn versus The Mountain).It's just different strategies.The better fighter won.Concerning Robert Baratheon,his fear was not the Dothraki per se but a Dothraki hoard led by a Targaryen as other people in the seven kingdoms that considered him usurper would rise to their cause.You should also note that Ned Stark dismissed his fears as unfounded. There is no way the Dothraki would be the best fighters in the seven kingdoms.Discipline is always more important in battle than brash aggressiveness.This is why the Nightswatch have always been able to fend off wildlings despite their relatively small numbers(Remember Jon Snow and Ygritte's conversation in season 4)

So Khal Drogo vs ser Arthur Dayne who comes out alive? in your opinion dat is.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 7:59pm On May 17, 2016
jonsnow92:
Everybody wants power in game of thrones o..Dont b shocked varys might have an hidden agenda somewhere..Knowledge is Power,he doesnt know that much for nothing
if it were lord Baelish I'd agree but varys? he even begged Ned to take the throne for himself after the death of Robert.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 8:03pm On May 17, 2016
GROOOVE:

So Khal Drogo vs ser Arthur Dayne who comes out alive? in your opinion dat is.
Arthur Dayne without question.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:22pm On May 17, 2016
GROOOVE:

if it were lord Baelish I'd agree but varys? he even begged Ned to take the throne for himself after the death of Robert.

GoodGuyVarys !
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:27pm On May 17, 2016
Kaycee7:
Rewatch that season 1 fight and watch last episode's fight. Last episode's bloodrider was something else. The dude was a born fighter in the midst of born fighters. The guy is dead. Don't deny him his glory. He was awesome.

Seer jorah at his peak would have taken him. He is now old and weak
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 8:56pm On May 17, 2016
"Book of the stranger" . More like "The Reunion" to me.

And inasmuch I dislike the ramsay character (what the directors wants), he sure knows how to spice GOT up anytime, I give him that...i don't expect anything lesser even his letter wasn't.

"a wise man once said"

Haha. Still Team Tyrion anyday...

And brienne of tarth. I love that convo and that of Ser davos and melisandre as well.

I did enjoy the episode.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:56pm On May 17, 2016
Ignatio:
Tormund and Brienee... I see love in the air.
No its not love. Its more of awe. Jaime had that same look when he saw Brienne for the first time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 9:01pm On May 17, 2016
And people just can't wait till 24 hours to post comments about the episode. This thread should be locked every Sunday by 7pm undecided

Cc
Three-eyed raven
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 9:06pm On May 17, 2016
InesQor:
GOODNESS GRACIOUS! Episode 4 of season 6 is the best episode of GOT I have seen in a LONG time!

Seriously? undecided

I recorded this and saved it to see later, cos of a busy Sunday. Boy am I glad I did

Some of my best moments that got me shrieking like a banshee:
(a) Jon Snow meeting Sansa
(b) Tyrion Lannister's management of the crises and suggestion of a peace truce
(c) Theon Grayjoy reuniting with his sister
(d) Daenerys Targaryen's EPIC coda finis

The only thing I wanted to see and didn't was some more news about Arya's progress in enlightenment. Can hardly wait for the next episode. This is LIT like the fire that consumed the Khal and his Khalasar. Lol

At a, b, c, I concur but d? I wasn't the least thrilled.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 9:15pm On May 17, 2016
And I need to see cersei get into some action, she'd paid enough for her sins.

This cersei is frigging boring, I prefer the former.

Can't also wait for the war in the North...they better not disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 9:25pm On May 17, 2016
Gbola5:

GoodGuyVarys !
Yea smtin like that....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 9:36pm On May 17, 2016
luxanne:

oh hw i miss that cersei that stood face to face with Ned and told him 'in the game of thrones you either win or die'. That cersei that told baelish 'power is power' (my best cersei scene btw). Hw they've abused that badass nature of her's is beyond my understanding
Give it time though i smell war just around the corner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by horlajide: 9:41pm On May 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Season 1...He killed one of Drogo's bloodriders in single combat.Jorah at his peak was as good as any knight.Remember he's the original heir to Bear Island and Longclaw(Jon Snow's Valyrian steel sword) was supposed to be his,so he would have received the same training that heirs of noble houses usually get.The type the Jaime Lannisters and Robb Starks of the Seven Kingdoms got.Technically,he's in their league.

Oga leave all the biography aside. Ser Jorah is a skilled knight, I concur. However your tone is exaggerated. His success in the fight with Drogo's bloodrider can be attributed to the fact that he had his armour on, else he would have been killed. If you are in doubt, please try and watch that scene again.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 9:51pm On May 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Arthur Dayne without question.
Warris all this now. If you had just said ser Arthur Dayne, it woulda been better. Why would you add "without a doubt "
Drogo that killed an armed man with his bare hands.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 10:15pm On May 17, 2016
where is arya's wolf (nymeria) ?? undecided I guess no one noticed it has been missing since season 1
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 10:19pm On May 17, 2016
horlajide:

Oga leave all the biography aside. Ser Jorah is a skilled knight, I concur. However your tone is exaggerated. His success in the fight with Drogo's bloodrider can be attributed to the fact that he had his armour on, else he would have been killed. If you are in doubt, please try and watch that scene again.
scroll up and see my response to the people that said the same thing.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 10:39pm On May 17, 2016
olyrayy:

Warris all this now. If you had just said ser Arthur Dayne, it woulda been better. Why would you add "without a doubt "
Drogo that killed an armed man with his bare hands.
Arthur Dayne is the greatest fighter in the GOT/ASOIAF universe.Everybody knows this.Drogo killed one of his bloodriders and not a Westerosi knight.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:44pm On May 17, 2016
GROOOVE:

Yea smtin like that....
That was sarcasm.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:06am On May 18, 2016
hmmm cant talk....khalessi just made me the happiest man in the world...

oburu ni igbo aga asi na ogbanyere ndi iro ya film ka ha kirie
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:11am On May 18, 2016
Tapout:
where is arya's wolf (nymeria) ?? undecided I guess no one noticed it has been missing since season 1
i saw the wolf with the brotherhood after the witch performed her magic
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 1:20am On May 18, 2016
luxanne:

Maybe the atonement does work. Remember it took Reek a long time to return to Theon.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 1:48am On May 18, 2016
luxanne:
"Book of the stranger" . More like "The Reunion" to me.

And inasmuch I dislike the ramsay character (what the directors wants), he sure knows how to spice GOT up anytime, I give him that...i don't expect anything lesser even his letter wasn't.

"a wise man once said"

Haha. Still Team Tyrion anyday...

And brienne of tarth. I love that convo and that of Ser davos and melisandre as well.

I did enjoy the episode.
Even Missandei is already quoting a 'wise man'.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:41am On May 18, 2016
Akanniade:

Even Missandei is already quoting a 'wise man'.

I tell you! smiley

However, i share luxanne's sentiments on that last scene.... I mean, first of all, I've seen that trick before. Second, how does a room-full of Dothraki warrior-lords get set on fire by a "witch" and not one of them thinks to make a suicidal dash across the fire and get his hands around her neck? The way they were just scrambling around like scared helpless chickens was mildly irritating abeg...whatever happened to the warrior's instinct of taking down the enemy even as he dies??

And lastly - well, can't really blame anyone but myself for this one - as soon as Dany put her hands on that first brazier, i immediately guessed what would happen. So everything after that was just sorta anticlimactic... or well, everything except that look on Daario's face. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 2:58am On May 18, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
i saw the wolf with the brotherhood after the witch performed her magic

which season n episode is that pls?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 3:35am On May 18, 2016
luxanne:
And people just can't wait till 24 hours to post comments about the episode. This thread should be locked every Sunday by 7pm undecided

Cc
Three-eyed raven
sis...that's why "beware of spoilers" is clearly written on it...there used to be a spoilers free thread b4....but it seems that one phased out....sha
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 3:40am On May 18, 2016
Tapout:

which season n episode is that pls?
its not missing it's been wandering the lands since arya chased her away to save her life....in d books she leads a pack of wolves....that are fearless even around men...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 3:42am On May 18, 2016
siempere:
sis...that's why "beware of spoilers" is clearly written on it...there used to be a spoilers free thread b4....but it seems that one phased out....sha

This was the spoiler-free thread... until Seun decided to change the title this season. I wouldn't presume to say I know why he did so, but I have a healthy guess or two.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 4:07am On May 18, 2016
kay9:

This was the spoiler-free thread... until Seun decided to change the title this season. I wouldn't presume to say I know why he did so, but I have a healthy guess or two.
ooh...I see....a penny for ur thotz though...what could've bn his reason"s"...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 7:11am On May 18, 2016
kay9:
No time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jboy1312: 7:17am On May 18, 2016
season 3 episode 4 is crazy youve got to see it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sagenrdy(m): 7:32am On May 18, 2016
datigbogirl:

Ramsay is actually a sweet guy as long as you don't come his way but Jeoffrey the type dude that goes all out to look for trouble senselessly like a fooool.... Ramsay on the other hand is very well calculated, a great fighter & not a cvnt like Jeoffrey....so you see why he has a long role to play....he in fact makes d show more interesting.
Ramsey is not a great fighter cus no body have seem him fight but he can b a good tactisian I said good because he his cuny n been cunny can win u a fight a battle but not a war you have to be be a grat tactisian like tyrell lanister or tyrion.n also Ramsey is a bad xarater he killed his dad n his step brother
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by viruz007(m): 7:49am On May 18, 2016
kay9:

I tell you! smiley

However, i share luxanne's sentiments on that last scene.... I mean, first of all, I've seen that trick before. Second, how does a room-full of Dothraki warrior-lords get set on fire by a "witch" and not one of them thinks to make a suicidal dash across the fire and get his hands around her neck? The way they were just scrambling around like scared helpless chickens was mildly irritating abeg...whatever happened to the warrior's instinct of taking down the enemy even as he dies??

And lastly - well, can't really blame anyone but myself for this one - as soon as Dany put her hands on that first brazier, i immediately guessed what would happen. So everything after that was just sorta anticlimactic... or well, everything except that look on Daario's face. smiley

What I would say went wrong with the Dothraki war lords was primal instinct not the warrior's instinct... Primal instinct to survive was what took over

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.