Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1099402 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:
I shot myself in the foot? I would love to see a map confirming your topographical assessment of the north's size. Gbola5, abeg is the North really bigger than the rest of the 7 kingdoms combined? Concerning King's Landing, The Mountain was one of the most dangerous individuals there and Oberyn all the way from Dorne floored him easily and would have killed him if not for stupidity. After King's Landing and the North, there are 5 other kingdoms with a sizeable amount of people to evaluate. You don't just become the most dangerous person in the whole region because you are the most dangerous person in one region no matter how big said region is.

More than 1/3 of the size of Westeros.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 8:10pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:
I shot myself in the foot? I would love to see a map confirming your topographical assessment of the north's size. Gbola5, abeg is the North really bigger than the rest of the 7 kingdoms combined? Concerning King's Landing, The Mountain was one of the most dangerous individuals there and Oberyn all the way from Dorne floored him easily and would have killed him if not for stupidity. After King's Landing and the North, there are 5 other kingdoms with a sizeable amount of people to evaluate. You don't just become the most dangerous person in the whole region because you are the most dangerous person in one region no matter how big said region is.
Ever heard of google?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2016
olyrayy:

undecided which one is "not again"? That was how some people were claiming oversabi when I was contending that Daenerys was immune to fire. They had this "I can't start explaining this stuff to you attitude". Well, we all know how it ended. cool cool

That's because arguing it would be pointless, because the show is not canon.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 8:11pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:

I don't think Ser Jorah is weak. Old, yes, but not weak. I think it's the sickness. Ranchhodas, the Dothraki are feared warriors. Remember how Akinnuonye-Agbaje's opinion of Jorah changed after Jorah told him he killed a bloodrider in a single combat. He didn't even believe until Jorah told him whose Khalasar the bloodrider belonged to. Then he entered the tournament and got his ass kicked by a really fast dude. My point is his losses started after he was infected with greyscale. So it may not be his age that's the problem but his health.
But I still maintain that last episode's bloodrider was awesome.

Ranchhodas can you see anoda evidence of the Dothrakis' dexterity?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:
Just want to drop this. Not arguing about the most dangerous stuff.
If the idea is that there is someone more dangerous than her, and that there also another more dangerous than the one dangerous than her, and so on...then it must get to a point where there is one more dangerous than all, since the number of people in westeros is not infinite...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nitlad: 8:36pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:

Let me rephrase my post.
Count from 1 to 7 kingdoms. Multiply 7 by at least 500,000 and tell me Arya will be the most dangerous individual in 7 x 500,000. Nobody can be the most dangerous individual in those statistics. There will always be one more dangerous than you, another more dangerous than them and so on. She may be the most dangerous person in King's Landing or the North but definitely not the 7 kingdoms combined.

Semantics...

I did not declare her the most dangerous - I merely postulated that she could be - huge difference.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nitlad: 8:41pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:

Let me rephrase my post.
Count from 1 to 7 kingdoms. Multiply 7 by at least 500,000 and tell me Arya will be the most dangerous individual in 7 x 500,000. Nobody can be the most dangerous individual in those statistics. There will always be one more dangerous than you, another more dangerous than them and so on. She may be the most dangerous person in King's Landing or the North but definitely not the 7 kingdoms combined.

Semantics...

I did not declare her the most dangerous - I merely postulated that she could be - huge difference.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 8:47pm On May 18, 2016
Gbola5:

That's because arguing it would be pointless, because the show is not canon.
I believe the title of the thread is "Game of Thrones Discussion". If the "Game of Thrones" show isn't canon, I wonder what is. undecided undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 8:55pm On May 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Enough already.
Hmm. I just wasn't comfortable with the way you wrote off Khal Drogo. But if you want to call it quits, no problem.
I rest my case
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2016
olyrayy:

undecided which one is "not again"? That was how some people were claiming oversabi when I was contending that Daenerys was immune to fire. They had this "I can't start explaining this stuff to you attitude". Well, we all know how it ended. cool cool

LOL

ASOIAF fans won't let the Game of Thrones TV series rest. Let the writers explore their creative license na. It is "based on" GRRM's books, not an exact reproduction of the books! Especially now that GRRM is taking his time to write, and the TV series has to go on, we should expect a lot of things to happen that were not in the books.

*chews kolanut*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 9:13pm On May 18, 2016
datigbogirl:

Ranchhodas can you see anoda evidence of the Dothrakis' dexterity?
Oh God.Should we continue?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2016
olyrayy:

I believe the title of the thread is "Game of Thrones Discussion". If the "Game of Thrones" show isn't canon, I wonder what is. undecided undecided

I think he means the show is not canon with respect to the books.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by reverendfather: 9:18pm On May 18, 2016
Endy10:

Its not only you my brother. Been looking for it online ever since. Mad sound!
as in ehn, it made that scene super epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yg-nbMgYeg&fulldescription=1&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2016
Well done! Nice synopsis.

Asimiju:
Game of thrones season 6
Beyond the wall, Bran Stark has been training with the Three-Eyed Raven, learning to use his powers to view the past. As part of his training, Bran witnesses visions of Ned and Benjen Stark sparring as children, and Ned and Howland Reed fighting at the Tower of Joy.
Having been captured by the khalasar of Khal Moro, Daenerys Targaryen is brought to Vaes Dothrak, to live out her days with the Dosh Khaleen. Jorah Mormont and Daario Naharis learn of her captivity and travel to Vaes Dothrak. When the khals gather to determine Daenerys' fate, she sets fire to the Temple of the Dosh Khaleen, killing the khals but emerging unscathed.
Jaime Lannister returns to King's Landing with Myrcella Baratheon's body. Tensions escalate between Tommen Baratheon, Cersei Lannister, and the Faith Militant and the High Sparrow, as the High Sparrow refuses to let Tommen visit Margaery in prison or Cersei attend Myrcella's funeral.
After Doran Martell receives word of Myrcella's death, Ellaria Sand kills him and seizes control of Dorne, with the Sand Snakes also killing his heir Trystane.

The Sons of the Harpy burn the Meereenese fleet, stranding Tyrion Lannister, Varys, and the rest of Daenerys' court in Meereen. Varys discovers that the Sons are financed by the masters of Astapor and Yunkai, who have reclaimed the cities from the freedmen, as well as the slavers of Volantis. Despite the misgivings of Missandei, Grey Worm, and the freedmen of Meereen, Tyrion meets with representatives of the slave cities to offer them seven years to transition from slaving.
Arya lives in the streets of Braavos as a blind beggar. She resumes her training with the Faceless Men and her vision is restored after she claims to be "No One" repeatedly.

Sansa Stark and Theon Greyjoy are rescued by Brienne of Tarth. While Theon returns to the Iron Islands, Sansa, Brienne, and Podrick Payne journey on to the Wall to seek Jon Snow's protection.

In the Vale, Littlefinger arrives at Runestone, claiming that Sansa was kidnapped by the Boltons, and convinces Lord Robin Arryn to send the Vale forces to war.

In the Iron Islands, Euron Greyjoy returns from exile to kill his brother, King Balon Greyjoy. Theon returns and offers to Yara to support her claim at the Kingsmoot.

In Winterfell, Ramsay Bolton's status as heir to the North is threatened by Sansa's escape, and after Walda Bolton gives birth to a son, Ramsay moves to secure his position by killing Roose Bolton, Walda, and his half-brother. Several powerful Northern lords arrive at Winterfell to pledge their loyalty, including Harald Karstark and Smalljon Umber, who presents Ramsay with Osha, Rickon Stark, and the severed head of Rickon's direwolf Shaggydog. Ramsay kills Osha and imprisons Rickon.

At the Wall, Edd gathers the Wildlings to imprison the mutineers who killed Jon Snow. Davos persuades Melisandre to attempt a resurrection of Jon, which is ultimately successful. After executing the mutineers, Jon leaves the Night's Watch, as his death released him from his vows. After Sansa arrives at the Wall, Jon initially refuses to fight the Boltons. However, after Ramsay sends a letter to Castle Black threatening to kill Jon and the Wildlings if Sansa is not returned, Jon decides to gather Stark loyalists to fight.

Jon Snow's corpse is found by Ser Davos, Edd and a few other loyalists; they take him inside and lock themselves behind a door with him. Thorne assumes command of the Watch. At Winterfell, Ramsay mourns for Myranda, while Sansa and Theon escape through the woods. Ramsay's men catch up with them, and are about to take them captive, when Brienne and Pod arrive, kill the men, and the former is accepted into Sansa's service. In King's Landing, Cersei receives Jaime, who arrives with Myrcella's body. Jaime promises Cersei they will take their revenge. Obara and Nymeria murder Trystane, on his way home from King's Landing, while in Sunspear, Doran and Areo Hotah are killed by Ellaria and Tyene, after the former learns of Myrcella's death. In Meereen, Tyrion and Varys find all the ships burning in the harbor. Jorah and Daario continue to track Daenerys, who is taken by the Dothraki to Khal Moro. In Braavos, Arya lives on the streets as a homeless person, where she is beaten by the waif. In her chamber, Melisandre removes her bejeweled necklace as she reveals her true appearance as an old crone, having seemingly lost faith in her god.

Walda gives birth to a baby boy, prompting Ramsay to murder Roose, Walda, and his new half-brother. Brienne reveals to Sansa that Arya is still alive. Theon requests to return to the Iron Islands, where his uncle Euron Greyjoy returns and murders King Balon Greyjoy. In Braavos, Arya is attacked by the Waif before Jaqen appears and orders her to follow him. Tyrion learns that Astapor and Yunkai have reverted to slavery, and releases Rhegal and Viserion from their chains. Bran visits Winterfell in a vision of the past, and sees Ned, Benjen, and Lyanna Stark, as well as a young Hodor. Jaime confronts the High Sparrow, while Tommen asks Cersei to teach him to be strong. Edd arrives with Tormund and the Wildlings and imprisons Thorne and the other mutineers. Davos persuades Melisandre to attempt to resurrect Jon Snow; though apparently unsuccessful, after the loyalists leave the room, Jon suddenly awakens.

Jon Snow reveals himself to the wildlings and executes Alliser Thorne, Olly and the other officers involved in his assassination for treason. He renounces his oath and puts Edd in charge of the Night's Watch. On a boat on their way to Oldtown, Sam states his intent to leave Gilly and her baby with his family at Horn Hill while he trains to be a maester. In a vision, Bran sees his father and Lord Howland Reed kill Ser Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy in Dorne. In Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys is brought before the Dosh Khaleen. Varys discovers the masters of Astapor, Yunkai, and Volantis have been financing the Sons of the Harpy. In King's Landing, Tommen converses with the High Sparrow while Jaime and Cersei interrupt a small council meeting, only to be shunned by Lord Kevan and the Tyrells. Arya trains rigorously with the Waif and her sight is returned to her once she has accepted herself as "no-one". Lord Umber asks Ramsay for help in protecting the North from the Wildlings, bringing Rickon Stark and Osha as a gift, along with the decapitated head of Shaggydog, Rickon's direwolf.

Sansa, Brienne and Podrick arrive at Castle Black as the former is reunited with Jon Snow. At Winterfell, Osha attempts to assassinate Ramsay, but is killed herself in the process. Ramsay sends a letter to Jon, threatening harm to Rickon if Sansa is not returned. Jon and Sansa resolve to march south and take back Winterfell. In Meereen, Tyrion meets with the slave masters of Slaver's Bay to offer peace if they will end slavery within seven years, an action that angers Missandei and Grey Worm. Littlefinger returns to the Vale to mobilize their soldiers against Ramsay Bolton. In King's Landing, Margarey is permitted to visit Loras while Cersei, Jamie, Kevan and Lady Olenna plan to stop the High Sparrow. Theon arrives at Pyke and explains to Yara that he will support her claim at the Kingsmoot. Daario and Jorah arrive at Vaes Dothrak, with the former learning about the latter's greyscale. Daenerys meets with the Khals and sets the temple of the Dosh Khaleen on fire. When she emerges unhurt, the Dothraki bow to her.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 9:54pm On May 18, 2016
InesQor:

LOL

ASOIAF fans won't let the Game of Thrones TV series rest. Let the writers explore their creative license na. It is "based on" GRRM's book, not an exact reproduction of the book! Especially now that GRRM is taking his time to write, and the TV series has to go on, we should expect a lot of things to happen that were not in the books.

*chews kolanut*
Exactly, the show and the books are quite different, I don't blame them though. Most book readers, me inclusive, are usually pissed off when they see books being torn to shreds in the films that adapt them.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 11:05pm On May 18, 2016
InesQor:

I think he means the show is not canon with respect to the books.
Whatever, I am however very certain that on this tread, the highest authority is the Game of thrones. Any other one is secondary.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 11:20pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:
The north is bigger than all other kingdoms combined. Roose said it when he legalized Ramsey as a Bolton

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 11:21pm On May 18, 2016
Kaycee7:
The north is bigger than all other kingdoms combined. Roose said it when he legalized Ramsey as a Bolton.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 11:26pm On May 18, 2016
GROOOVE:

So Khal Drogo vs ser Arthur Dayne who comes out alive? in your opinion dat is.
Ser Authur Dayne oh. That guy has a dothraki's speed and also wears armour. He will floor Khal drogo
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 12:00am On May 19, 2016
ilynem:

Ser Authur Dayne oh. That guy has a dothraki's speed and also wears armour. He will floor Khal drogo
Now those two are valid points.....very accurate too....I won't argue aganist those....at all...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 3:15am On May 19, 2016
olyrayy:

Exactly, the show and the books are quite different, I don't blame them though. Most book readers, me inclusive, are usually pissed off when they see books being torn to shreds in the films that adapt them.
Yeah I understand this Books vs Movies dichotomy, especially in genres like Fantasy and Adventure. I think since the books encourage powerful imagination in good readers, but movies have to "show and tell" so sometimes the movie makers add some other details to make things engaging for those that are not really interested in pushing their imagination that far (i.e. movies often command more suspension of disbelief than books do). For me, I try to enjoy the books and the movies separately without attempting a conflation of the two.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Migines(m): 7:44am On May 19, 2016
This forum always cracks me up.
Although, quite sad that most can't argue without being condescending.... Still... Interesting board.
And please, by all means.... Continue with the arthur/drogo argument ... I'd like to believe that's why we are here.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by PrinceofPeace17(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2016
GOT!!! So on point. Nice to see Sansa and Jon catch up.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2016
Gbola5:

More than 1/3 of the size of Westeros.
Emphasis on the bolded, guys. Gbola, remain blessed by the 7 gods both old and new.
ilynem:

The north is bigger than all other kingdoms combined. Roose said it when he legalized Ramsey as a Bolton.
Gbola5 I know, gj22 I know, who are you?
Ranchhoddas:
Ever heard of google?
Who needs google when you have Gbola5?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 9:22am On May 19, 2016
Kaycee7:
Emphasis on the bolded, guys. Gbola, remain blessed by the 7 gods both old and new.
Gbola5 I know, gj22 I know, who are you?
Who needs google when you have Gbola5?
Roose Bolton said it on the show when he legitimized Ramsay remember, thanks ilynem for reminding us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 9:24am On May 19, 2016
ilynem:

datigbogirl. Come and see.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jonsnow92: 9:25am On May 19, 2016
The sound directors of dese game of thrones are damn good..The last part of episode 4..The Dany part damn..na d soundtrack make Dahrio bow for danereys...
I still dont know y i bliv Benjen Stark(Jon snows uncle) is now a white Walker.. possibly the king of them white walkers self..The look on his face in hardhome was crazy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:50am On May 19, 2016
Kaycee7:
It's a movie thing. In the books, when she entered Drogo's pyre, she emerged unburnt but she was bald. HBO probably decided that a bald Emilia Clarke wouldn't be all that sexy so they extended her fire immunity to her hair. Makes more sense though. Hair is, afterall, a natural part of the body.

It's magic. I mean, you can also ask how come the smoke doesn't suffocate her (smoke kills you before the fire when being burned alife) or how come the burning wood didn't fall on her like it fell on the dothraki. It's just one of those things we have to ignore.

Also, in vaes dothrak, how did the dothraki behind the temple know to kneel down when they can't even see her?

It's just one of those things we ignore.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:52am On May 19, 2016
horlajide:

Till you give a plausible justification This is a daft statement

He wears his armor in battle, it's not as if he just happened to be wearing it that day he fought the guy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2016
Molz:

was she actually forced in that scene? considering the fact that they've being having sex prior to that time.
I think it was kind of rekindling what they both had for eachother.

She was forced. She clearly said "no" and resisted. It doesn't matter if they have been having sex before. She didn't want it at that time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 9:59am On May 19, 2016
InesQor:

Yeah I understand this Books vs Movies dichotomy, especially in genres like Fantasy and Adventure. I think since the books encourage powerful imagination in good readers, but movies have to "show and tell" so sometimes the movie makers add some other details to make things engaging for those that are not really interested in pushing their imagination that far (i.e. movies often command more suspension of disbelief than books do). For me, I try to enjoy the books and the movies separately without attempting a conflation of the two.
Methinks that is the best approach.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2016
olyrayy:

Budget, time constraints, different medium, different demographic etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.