Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088331 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nihilist:

Yup.

Full disclosure, I was team Bolton. As in Ramsay not Roose

When he died, I switched to Team High Sparrow.

When he died, I switched to team Cersei.

I can't stand the goody two shoes messianic figures that Jon and Dany seem to be, with literally everything going for them because inexplicably people keep helping them.

Only 2 characters I can countenance as Overlords of Westeros are Cersei and Arya, because unlike all the other contenders on the board, these ones are actually doing stuff and making moves...not having everything fortuitously fall into place for them by lot magic

Exactly!! Dany and Jon are like every other Mary Sue and Marty Stu of other historical fantasies

I've been Team Cersei since her walk of atonement. . . .and then she completely won me over when she blew the motherfùckering militants and the Sept
cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Coyotejack:

Yes it will, the idea of dragonbinder would ba a welcome theme/element for this season. It only thickens the plot and makes we viewers eager on how it will play out
Khaleesi seems not to have a weakness yet, the Dragonbinder will act as her weakness and it will thicken the plot.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

I don't think you guys should judge Jon snow on the decision he took to save his youngest brother. Haba, Ramsey gave him a time frame to come save him(yes it was obviously a trap) but he was willing to save his brother even if it cost him his life. His men knew that they stood no chance against Ramsey's army yet to chose to fight with him to the end. His men would have just walked away the way Stanis men did, but they stood by him till the end. That is loyalty to a high quality leader.
Battles are not always about numbers, they are more about strategy or tactics, Jon is all heart and no brain. They stood a fair chance of winning, he made the decision to save his brother with his heart, if he had used his head he would had admitted the truth that sansa the one you called useless told him which is whether victorious or not, rickon as a trueborn son of Ned and catelyn stark, would never be allowed to live beyond that day by Ramsey Bolton! And you congratulate him for being willing to die forgetting that his ragtag Arny was built around him with no secondary commander that commands the respect of the different constituents of the army so simply put, he dies, they die without putting much of a fight! In fact, most of his men died in that battle because of his stupidity! They left a solid defensive position to come save him thereby committing into an attack in which they were grossly outnumbered! Playing into Ramsey's hand allowing him to execute his plans where all he needed to do was sacrifice only his Calvary alongside almost the entirety of Jon's army while mopping any remnants and stragglers with his infantry in a circumvalliation! And you are here praising Jon! Who had to be saved by sansa who brought the vale knights. When Jamie was captured, did you see tywin flying with his army to go rescue him? Instead he retired to a strong defensive position in harrenhall. Now that is a leader who used his head

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
BraniacX:

Tell us something we haven't read of before from the rose flavored honey colored do no harm, see no evil perspective of see barristen selmy undecided

Well it actually follows. Few characters have spoken of him and only fewer are currently old enough to remember him clearly.

Viserys said Rhaegar loved violence and was an amazing fighter but Viserys was just about 2 years so how could he remember clearly.

Robert killed Rhaegar so he won't say anything nice about him.

Ned never spoke ill of the dragon prince even in the books. Me thinks if someone raped sister, I'd curse him out if I had the chance.

I'm going to go as far as saying, Rhaegar probably married Lyanna at Harrenhal before they eloped to Dorne because a prince wouldn't leave his best swordsmen to protect an ordinary northern girl and his bastard. Except of course she were his wife carrying a legitimate heirkiss

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Coyotejack(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yonce:

Exactly!! Dany and Jon are like every other Mary Sue and Marty Stu of other historical fantasies

I've been Team Cersei since her walk of atonement. . . .and then she completely won me over when she blew the motherfùckering militants and the Sept
cool

But mehn cersei is ruthless

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
Gbola5:

If Euron has the horn, why would he give it to Cersei though ?

To win her heart

To marry the queen

To rule the Seven (or is it still 3?) kingdoms

To win an alliance with the rich Lannisters

To betray her eventually and seize the throne.

To elevate the Ironborn and the Drowned God

The possibilities are endless.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
seven all season and nobody has been man enough to woo and fork sansa. sansa is too beautiful to have not been forked very hard and fast. well i guess the absence of young sharp guys in the series has made it to be so. They should feature me in just two episode and see if i wont fork sansa over and over again. the writers of the series needs to get her laid.

Lmao!!

Ramsey has "forked" her na. grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yonce:

Lmao!!

Ramsey has "forked" her na. grin grin
that was rape, what i need is lovemaking.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
Gbola5:

Frey's not respected after the Red Wedding. Mass killing is okay if you avenge your family ?

You'll notice that it was only the Frey males of the age of combat duty that were invited to the feast where she killed them implying that she had a partiality for those she believed were implicated as active murderers at the red wedding! Also, the magic of the faceless men of bravos which came into play here implies that in wearing walder Frey's face, she had access to his thoughts and memories too so she knew who to kill to send winters message to house Frey so yes, mass killing is allowed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
that was rape, what i need is lovemaking.

No time for that when all they think about is the Throne
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yonce:

No time for that when all they think about is the Throne
well its true sha, i cant wait for the white walkers to attack. this season will be epic, attack from the white walkers and fighting for the throne. but i still want sex though. i want sansa and dragon mother to be seriously bang again.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Juhann(f): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
Coyotejack:

But mehn cersei is ruthless
that's why I love her grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Coyotejack(m): 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
BraniacX:

You'll notice that it was only the Frey males of the age of combat duty that were invited to the feast where she killed them implying that she had a partiality for those she believed were implicated as active murderers at the red wedding! Also, the magic of the faceless men of bravos which came into play here implies that in wearing walder Frey's face, she had access to his thoughts and memories too so she knew who to kill to send winters message to house Frey so yes, mass killing is allowed

Ummmm I wouldn't agree with u on the magic part, Arya was present in Riverrun with the houndwhen the red wedding took place, where soldiers even gloated about it and it's also tatics 101 to kill all the able bodies present and leave the girls / women to tell of the tales hence her sparing those girls
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
PR3ACHER:
It's not like that, I even rewatched it from someone's phone and it's perfect. change your video player, use MX Player if you are using an Android. Bye Bye

I use a PC
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
kay9:

But that's the thing: is he really fawning over her, or he is just setting up the board for another ace-in-the-hole move? Folks be feeling like its Sansa playing him this time but i personally wouldn't underestimate Littlefinger.

I wouldn't underestimate baelish either, but unless you can tell me baelish's affections for cathelyn stark were false, you can't honestly rule out his having transferred his affections to sansa which wouldn't stop him from using her as a stepping stone to achieve his ultimate aim which is the iron throne! The question is, is sansa aware what his real desire is? I think yes, with him having admitted this to her on more than one occasion which is an unusual thing to do for baelish, so sansa abdicating the throne in winterfell in favor of Jon was no mistake rather a strategic move to keep him at bay and give her time to come to grips with the game of thrones and the fact that she was also a player. Baelish still staying at winterfell means Jon's life is in danger and sansa knows this too even if Jon isn't aware, sansa intends to protect Jon even without his permission and entrap baelish! My personal musings though
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
Gbola5:

No Castle is ever vacant though, unless in ruins. Stannis would have had to leave a garrison behind, in case he had to fall back.

A garrison wiped out by cersei? Not properly manned and whose defenders would have fled at the sight of a thousand ships flying the three headed dragon on their sail
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
Santino1:

Well, there is a thing in war they call "tactical retreat" and Dragonstone was the place for Stannis. He also went into Battle of the Blackwater almost certain of victory but when he lost where did he retreated to to re-strategise? As I already mentioned, Stannis is one of the finest commanders in the Kingdom. If he didn't make that mistake during the battle of blackwater (which he was more confident of winning), why would he later (when he was even less confident)?

@Gbola5, thanks for the correction. No horn whatsoever (either Dragonbinder or Joramun's) was mentioned on the show. We only know that there was a horn along with the dragonglass found at the Frostfangs.

At the Battle of blackwater, did Stannis take his family with him? Nope because he wasn't relocating he was attacking. But when he headed north, he relocated taking everything and everyone with him hence him trying to set up shop north.

Concerning retreating, he had the wall to retreat to. The men of the nights watch would have definitely harbor him thats why Davos adviced him to leave his daughter there before going to attack Ramsey.

Besides looking at the map Dragonstone is very far from the north and hence not a feasible location for a retreat. You can't expect him and his weakened army to make such a long journey back in dangerous roads. Unlike the battle of blackwater where all he needed was to turn his ships around and head back into safe waters.

As you said Stannis was a fine strategist, he saw all this factors and decided its best to abandon Dragonstone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by toluxe0075: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
Tyrion Lannister did not utter a single word in this first episode, the greatest crime of episode one lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
Eberex:

I use a PC
No wonder, if you want to watch with PC, you really need high definition quality. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yonce:

To win her heart

To marry the queen

Why do this when you can be the king with the dragons
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nicolars:

Why do this when you can be the king with the dragons

Because Yara and Theon beat him to an alliance with Dany.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
PR3ACHER:
Damn, it will now be hard to kill the Night King. Even I'm still wondering how they are going to kill the Giants not to talk of the Night King with a Ice breathing Dragon. it's gonna be between a rock and a hard place in Winterfell.
if it turns out that way, the dragons will kill each other... This will end the reign of dragons
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
PR3ACHER:
Why don't you like Deanerys, she's almost everyone favorite, I like to see her sit on they Iron throne.

everyone has who they like on got,daenerrys just doesn't appeal to me..too stubborn,too pompous..I was damn angry when tyrion became her hand...d thing is that I don't even like Jon snow as d king self...

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yonce:

Because Yara and Theon beat him to an alliance with Dany.
beat him to an alliance as how... When he controls the dragons.... He would burn them all
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nicolars:
beat him to an alliance as how... When he controls the dragons.... He would burn them all

If you watched season 6 you'll see Yara tell Dany that Euron probably wants to give her is big "cock"

Euron cannot very well meet Dany for marriage or any form of alliance again can he? His niece and nephew already painted him black. Cersei is the next best option.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yonce:

To win her heart
To marry the queen
Euron pisses on the Drowned God
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yonce:

If you watched season 6 you'll see Yara tell Dany that Euron probably wants to give her is big "cock"

Euron cannot very well meet Dany for marriage or any form of alliance again can he? His niece and nephew already painted him black. Cersei is the next best option.
you're not getting it.....

Why does he need an alliance when he can take on everybody with the three dragons

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
Santino1:

Yes, I'm aware of "Dragonbinder" (but that's because I've read the books. A subject that is, for inexplicable reasons, a taboo here). As far as we (TV viewers) are concerned, the Dragonbinder doesn't exist.
God bless you.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nicolars:
you're not getting it.....

Why does he need an alliance when he can take on everybody with the three dragons

Oh! I see.

Maybe he'd want a Lannister queen by his side.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Gbola5:

Euron pisses on the Drowned God

I'd piss on them too if I him grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.