Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,386 members, 7,864,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1106690 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:

Ahe loved daario too. Go back to season 6 when he told daario to stay behind. She had feelings for him
Daario caught feelings and i think she might have grown fond of him as well but ultimately he was never more than a talking, breathing vibrätor on two legs.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Rubyventures: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2017
Skookum:
I don't know why I love rewatching the scene Sam is skinning Ser Jorah greyscale over and over again (ep3) I hv watch d scene countless time can't seem to get enough. Who else feel d same.

Yuck ... freak
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 9:58am On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
if you have a torrenter, you can go to pirate Bay.

Any quality you're looking for, you'll find there. And they upload stuff earlier than all them toxic_wap and the rest. That's where I get my series from.
If they upload faster than toxicwap why did you wait to download on toxic when i can actually go to pirate bay
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:

I thought cersei was aware that tyrion came to kingslanding. Mayb ser bronn told her.
I highly doubt that....
Varys' birds now work for Qyburn, so i think that may have been her source of info.
Knowing Cersei, she would've hanged Bronn if he came to her himself.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Theflash98: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:
How were u able to download, did u resubscribe??
yea,normal 1.5gb for 1k
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Theflash98: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:
How were u able to download, did u resubscribe??
yea,normal 1.5gb for 1k
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:

If they upload faster than toxicwap why did you wait to download on toxic when i can actually go to pirate bay
who said I downloaded anything from toxic_wap?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2017
opestein:
i think she learn to love drogo whereas they feelings are uncontrollable for jon
Like I said, just because her relationship with drogo didn't have the best beginning doesn't negate how fabulous it was in the end.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Rubyventures: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Anyone care to explain that manouer done on Arya by little finger.

I was lost there

Little finger is cunning and knows that Arya was watching him so he planted Sana's note for her to find. He wants her to think that Sansa is against Jon Snow.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2017
Yonce:

The [b]Magnificent Seven. [/b]cool

I believe Ser Jorah will die beyond the wall he seems useless now, no better way to go than serving Dany one last time.

Lol..hope you know about d bolded in Nigerian context
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Rubyventures: 10:08am On Aug 14, 2017
opestein:
This episode is a good episode as expected, little finger na boss of the bosses for spy oo. See as him catch arya without a sweat
Am I the only one thinking danerys is feeling something for jon and wats with jorah and close marking with danerys, the guy know his crush don fall for jon.
Am sure jon go don wet his pants there and danerys stretching neck like this child(drogon) no go chop my potential lover oo
Drogon smell jon blood like are u my father.
Cercie wey go soon get miscarriage dey happy

One of the best for this season for me

Please don't spoil it for the rest of us. angry angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
I like the dude. he obviously has no interest in any of their political squabbles and just wants to help out any way he can. +anyone who hates Cersei gets a free pass from me. And when I saw that Warhammer,my first thought was: how is he going to swing that thing? ....then he smashes the two patrol guards' faces in without breaking a sweat.
They should totally legitimize him......
And now I get why Davos was such an excellent pirate..... Eeerrrrmmmm..... Smuggler cheesy

I hope he survives beyond the wall and crashes Winterfel for a night, then he meets Arya.

Gendry=Robert
Arya=Lyanna

Maybe they can both unite houses Baratheon and Stark finally.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2017
Nihilist:

Being strict but fair is a thing in Westeros. Ask Davos, or Jon Snow.
What was abnormal about blowing up the Sept? She killed a number of Coup Plotters with that.
Cersei hasn't said anything that sounds even remotely crazy to me. So I don't get why Jamie doesn't seem to want to get with the programme - infact, his behaviour in my opinion is totally out of character
Even in the 21st century, nuking just a town, village or city in order to terminate a few targets is Considered extreme and most countries don't even consider that an option.....else Iraq, Afghanistan and Nigeria would have been history. But Cersei went ahead and used what was GoT's version of a nuclear bomb on the Sept, taking out countless innocent civilians in the process and you don't consider that even a tiny bit concerning?

I komot cap for you my brother.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by veekid(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Summary is, it was an okay episode with rushed reunions.

Even though it’s great to see the twists and turns of the political drama unfolding in Westeros , this season has been rushing a whole lot of things. Episode 5 was the most rushed episode I’ve come across. Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaatttttt?

Jaime and Bronn : In the last episode, Jaime charged at Dany and got saved by a whisker from dragon fire. This episode opens with both Jaime and Bronn at a safe distance from the battle. Did the lannister soldiers see Jaime being saved? Did the Tarly’s see this as well?

Jon meets Drogon: Best takeaway from the episode. A moment I was personally waiting for. It was almost perfect until they just moved past this like nothing happened. Only two people have touched a dragon and survived before this(Tyrion and Dany). I felt the scene needed more dialogues. Dany was surprised that he touched Dragon with ease , but says NOTHING? Frustrating!

Jaime and Tyrion meet: Expected more from this much sought after re-union. The two brothers deeply care for each other but this scene was bereft of any emotion from Jaime. It was quite disappointing given that this is the first time they met after Tyrion killed Tywin and escaped. This scene had the potential to unravel a lot of emotions which Tyrion was holding on to, but then again it got cut abruptly.

Ser Davos and Gendry: Why deprive a character of it’s development for seasons and then suddenly pop that character into the main plot now? If Robert Baratheon’s last living son has a role to play in the peak of the plot, they should have bloody well done a solid character development. Gendry is re-introduced and suddenly catapulted into the ‘Wage war on the Night King’ squad just because he does not want to sit out another war.

Cersie is pregnant with another of Jaime’s kids : Cersie is pregnant with his child and is willing to announce Jaime as the father. She doesn’t care what people think of her incestuous relationship anymore. At this moment it seems like she’s the only Lannister concerned with the extending family lineage. This was a good scene setting up towards Maggy’s prophecy fulfillment.

Jorah Mormont reunites with Dany : Cured of greyscale, Mormont is back in the Dany army. The reunion brings a trusted aide to the council of Dany. Given that Varys and Tyrion have ulterior motives, it would serve well for Dany to have Mormont at this moment in the plot.

Arya and Sansa faceoff : It’s taken seven seasons for Sansa to finally realise her dream of becoming a queen. But it might come at the cost of family and trust of the only people who care about her. Littlefinger is setting up the Stark sisters for a split, and Arya completely plays into it. I just hope Bran hops in and saves his family?

Dany’s council meet : Dany’s advisers decide that they will bring a wight back and prove to Cersei that the threat is real. This plot line seemed really stupid to me. So Dany, whose one true wish to reclaim her throne, is just going to sit and wait until her minuscule army fights against the Night’s King and bring back one wight? Heck, she doesn’t even know the extent of the threat beyond the Wall. Why would she risk her life goal for something like this? She’d make a terrible queen who listens to poor advice.

Jon, Jorah and Gendry head to EastWatch : Jorah just got cured and came back but is ready to go to war. Looks like Sam really built back old Jorah. Like what even? The Brotherhood also joins this group because its their mission as commanded by the Lord of Light.

Jon is the rightful heir : Gilly provides an important piece of info to Sam which he ignores. But we didn’t. Rhaegar was lawfully wedded to Lyanna Stark which now makes Jon Snow the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Bastard or not , I do not see how this makes a big change to the story. Will this information at a later stage set up Jon vs Dany?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2017
What if Dany isn't really barren? Maybe her womb rejects all non-Targaryen sperm, that way. . . . Jon might be capable of impregnating her. grin grin

Incest will rule Westeros again!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2017
Yonce:

I hope he survives beyond the wall and crashes Winterfel for a night, then he meets Arya.
Gendry=Robert
Arya=Lyanna
Maybe they can both unite houses Baratheon and Stark finally.
That's one reunion I really want to see,second only to Bran and Jamie.... gringrin The way she looked at gendry back then.... I have no doubt she'll drop the cold demeanor,even for a short time and get a piece of that hot stuff!
Alienating herself further from everyone only spells doom for her character.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Even in the 21st century, nuking just a town, village or city just to terminate a few targets is Considered extreme and most countries don't even consider that an option.....else Iraq, Afghanistan and Nigeria would have been history. But Cersei went ahead and used what was GoT's version of a nuclear bomb on the Sept, taking out countless innocent civilians in the process and you don't consider that even tiny bit concerning?

I komot cap for you my brother.

Applying 21st century sensibilities to a setting modelled on medieval Europe just invalidates your argument.

Civilian rights are next to non-existent in Westeros, so killing a few as collateral damage while taking out threats to the throne - that's just par for the course.

In anycase, the vast majority of the people in the Sept owed allegiance to the High Sparrow. I don't see how killing them is a bad thing within the context of the show.

Cerseis actions have largely been rational and based on sound logic given the circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 10:20am On Aug 14, 2017
Yonce:

What if Dany isn't really barren? Maybe her womb rejects all non-Targaryen sperm, that way. . . . Jon might be capable of impregnating her. grin grin

Incest will rule Westeros again!

It didn't reject Dothraki seed na?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
who said I downloaded anything from toxic_wap?
Im sorry i thought u were online when someone asked where can one download apet from toxicwap but u refused to talk.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
That's one reunion I really want to see,second only to Bran and Jamie.... gringrin The way she looked at gendry back then.... I have no doubt she'll drop the cold demeanor,even for a short time and get a piece of that hot stuff!
Alienating herself further from everyone only spells doom for her character.

She's so headstrong. . . . .all brawl and no brains honestly.

And what is up with Bran? Why hasn't he exposed Littlefinger for the crook he is, especially now LF is bent on driving a wedge between his sisters. undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2017
Nihilist:

It didn't reject Dothraki seed na?

But a monster was the result. And she's been rendered baren ever since.
Another Targaryen might change that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:
Im i the only one that saw ser jorah's freshness.. That dude is the original branch manager of friendzone.

Just one hug from Khaleesi and his smile was as wide as a river.

You know what, i bet he won't clean his lips that he used to kiss her hand. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2017
veekid:
Summary is, it was an okay episode with rushed reunions.

Even though it’s great to see the twists and turns of the political drama unfolding in Westeros , this season has been rushing a whole lot of things. Episode 5 was the most rushed episode I’ve come across. Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaatttttt?

Jaime and Bronn : In the last episode, Jaime charged at Dany and got saved by a whisker from dragon fire. This episode opens with both Jaime and Bronn at a safe distance from the battle. Did the lannister soldiers see Jaime being saved? Did the Tarly’s see this as well?

Jon meets Drogon: Best takeaway from the episode. A moment I was personally waiting for. It was almost perfect until they just moved past this like nothing happened. Only two people have touched a dragon and survived before this(Tyrion and Dany). I felt the scene needed more dialogues. Dany was surprised that he touched Dragon with ease , but says NOTHING? Frustrating!

Jaime and Tyrion meet: Expected more from this much sought after re-union. The two brothers deeply care for each other but this scene was bereft of any emotion from Jaime. It was quite disappointing given that this is the first time they met after Tyrion killed Tywin and escaped. This scene had the potential to unravel a lot of emotions which Tyrion was holding on to, but then again it got cut abruptly.

Ser Davos and Gendry: Why deprive a character of it’s development for seasons and then suddenly pop that character into the main plot now? If Robert Baratheon’s last living son has a role to play in the peak of the plot, they should have bloody well done a solid character development. Gendry is re-introduced and suddenly catapulted into the ‘Wage war on the Night King’ squad just because he does not want to sit out another war.

Cersie is pregnant with another of Jaime’s kids : Cersie is pregnant with his child and is willing to announce Jaime as the father. She doesn’t care what people think of her incestuous relationship anymore. At this moment it seems like she’s the only Lannister concerned with the extending family lineage. This was a good scene setting up towards Maggy’s prophecy fulfillment.

Jorah Mormont reunites with Dany : Cured of greyscale, Mormont is back in the Dany army. The reunion brings a trusted aide to the council of Dany. Given that Varys and Tyrion have ulterior motives, it would serve well for Dany to have Mormont at this moment in the plot.

Arya and Sansa faceoff : It’s taken seven seasons for Sansa to finally realise her dream of becoming a queen. But it might come at the cost of family and trust of the only people who care about her. Littlefinger is setting up the Stark sisters for a split, and Arya completely plays into it. I just hope Bran hops in and saves his family?

Dany’s council meet : Dany’s advisers decide that they will bring a wight back and prove to Cersei that the threat is real. This plot line seemed really stupid to me. So Dany, whose one true wish to reclaim her throne, is just going to sit and wait until her minuscule army fights against the Night’s King and bring back one wight? Heck, she doesn’t even know the extent of the threat beyond the Wall. Why would she risk her life goal for something like this? She’d make a terrible queen who listens to poor advice.

Jon, Jorah and Gendry head to EastWatch : Jorah just got cured and came back but is ready to go to war. Looks like Sam really built back old Jorah. Like what even? The Brotherhood also joins this group because its their mission as commanded by the Lord of Light.

Jon is the rightful heir : Gilly provides an important piece of info to Sam which he ignores. But we didn’t. Rhaegar was lawfully wedded to Lyanna Stark which now makes Jon Snow the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Bastard or not , I do not see how this makes a big change to the story. Will this information at a later stage set up Jon vs Dany?

You should win the Emmy award for the best critic of a movie or series.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2017
Nihilist:

Applying 21st century sensibilities to a setting modelled on medieval Europe just invalidates your argument.
Civilian rights are next to non-existent in Westeros, so killing a few as collateral damage while taking out threats to the throne - that's just par for the course.
In anycase, the vast majority of the people in the Sept owed allegiance to the High Sparrow. I don't see how killing them is a bad thing within the context of the show.
Cerseis actions have largely been rational and based on sound logic given the circumstances.
Civilian rights are non existent you say? Then what would you call tyrion's trial?
A lot of Things we like to think of as modern inventions have been around for ages, Human rights included.
Kings and rulers of old who exercise their power to bypass those rights were what we now call tyrants. Does that remind you of any particular queen on GoT?
If anyone one of them in the sept was guilty of any crime, he was deserving of a fair trial,not to be blown up.
Cersei armed & empowered the high sparrow and his fanatics to suit her agenda and karma repaid the favour in kind and she resorted to drastic measures to save her ass.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2017
Tyrion: Who's that for
?

Varys: Jon snow

Tyrion: Did you read it?

Varys: It's A sealed scroll for the king in the north na...

Tyrion: What it say? wink

Varys: Nothing good. tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2017
And here i was thinking I'm the only secret fan of LittleFinger grin
Arya no complete her assassin degree...so.... tongue

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by opestein: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2017
RobinHez:
Tyrion: Who's that for
?

Varys: Jon snow

Tyrion: Did you read it?

Varys: It's A sealed scroll for the king in the north na...

Tyrion: What it say? wink

Varys: Nothing good. tongue
thats wat I call smooth criminal
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2017
can someone tell me wtf is wrong with dany ... killing the talies father and son for that matter ...I have a feeling tyrion might betray that bitch ...the feminists can quote me anyway angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2017
dany: I dont want to kill anyone ,I'm not cersei ...now bend the knee or die ...

this is why people hate danerys angry

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Civilian rights are non existent you say? Then what would you call tyrion's trial?
A lot of Things we like to think of as modern inventions have been around for ages, Human rights included.

Tyrion is a high born noble not a commoner. Commoners have little to no rights in all the 7 kingdoms of Westeros. That's not even debatable. Absolute Monarchy and Democratic rights are diametric opposites. In a land where your bloodline not your ability determines your right to rule, there is no such thing as 'human rights'

Kings and rulers of old who exercise their power to bypass those rights were what we now call tyrants. Does that remind you of any particular queen on GoT?

Yes, the one that demanded that the soldiers of an opposing army submit to her rule, or get barbecued, using their oga and his son to set an example.

If anyone one of them in the sept was guilty of any crime, he was deserving of a fair trial,not to be blown up.
Cersei armed & empowered the high sparrow and his fanatics to suit her agenda and karma repaid the favour in kind and she resorted to drastic measures to save her ass.

This argument does not even make sense. How many trials have you seen held for commoners in Westeros? Besides, you have to be in power first before you even consider trying your enemies. Cersei's blowing up of the Sept was THE move to take power. Collateral Damage is Collateral damage but it is what it is in Westeros - Commoners don't count.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2017
blingxx:
dany: I dont want to kill anyone ,I'm not cersei ...now bend the knee or die ...

this is why people hate danerys angry

+1
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2017
Nihilist:

Tyrion is a high born noble not a commoner. Commoners have little to no rights in all the 7 kingdoms of Westeros. That's not even debatable. Absolute Monarchy and Democratic rights are diametric opposites. In a land where your bloodline not your ability determines your right to rule, there is no such thing as 'human rights'

Yes, the one that demanded that the soldiers of an opposing army submit to her rule, or get barbecued, using their oga and his son to set an example.

This argument does not even make sense. How many trials have you seen held for commoners in Westeros? Besides, you have to be in power first before you even consider trying your enemies. Cersei's blowing up of the Sept was THE move to take power. Collateral Damage is Collateral damage but it is what it is in Westeros - Commoners don't count.
After blowing up the sept and tommen didnt committ suicide, will cersei kill him to become queen,

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.