Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,566 members, 7,823,485 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1094230 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
gj22:

Wights cannot drown tho. Only fire can kill them.

And a few resurfaced to try to drown tormund.

Now after the hound started stoning them, and they attacked, the ice is now very thick enough to support the weight of thousands of wights.

You can use this as a time reference. A river doesn't freeze over enough to support the weight of thousands of wights in a single day.

Yet skeletal wights resurfaced from this very thick ice that can support thousands of other wights.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2017
gj22:

Sorry to break it to you. He is never going to finish the books.

Period.

Its been how many years now?

Are you saying he's like to die ? How rude !
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Oxytocin(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
ped007:

... "fire" burns the dead... remember
It's still a dragon....just a dead dragon, so my best bet is that it would still spit fire.
We really can't say for sure anyway, it's GOT, they could surprise us.. then the dragon starts spitting ice lipsrsealed, that would be really crazy though cheesy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ped007(m): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
Oxytocin:

It's still a dragon....just a dead dragon, so my best bet is that it would still spit fire.
We really can't say for sure anyway, it's GOT, they could surprise us.. then the dragon starts spitting ice lipsrsealed, that would be really crazy though cheesy.
Lol...
Finally, we are on thesame page.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
Gbola5:

He had planned ahead before ever starting the series. No he has not run out of ideas. He has other series he writes as well.

The books will be done when they are done !
it is never going to happen bro.
the best we'll get Is the HBO ending.
am fine with that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Gbola5:

Yet skeletal wights resurfaced from this very thick ice that can support thousands of other wights.

No. That patch hadn't frozen or was recently weakened.

I thought you were paying attention?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Gbola5:

Are you saying he's like to die ? How rude !

You said that, not me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Electronzeez(m): 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
Oxytocin:

The night king has and fought with only one weapon "ice" .that dragon would bring out ice watch it .

The night king just keep refurbishing everything he kills .

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seunpaul01(m): 1:46am On Aug 22, 2017
Oxytocin:

It ll spit blue flame/fire like that of gas. Which is more powerful than the yellow flame.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by rose54321: 4:33am On Aug 22, 2017
I hate how the "Bran theory" is being circulated. Gosh guys....

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 6:03am On Aug 22, 2017
Seunpaul01:

It ll spit blue flame/fire like that of gas. Which is more powerful than the yellow flame.
..and what will the blue flame do?Burn?
My guess is it will spew a fluid similar to liquid nitrogen that will freeze up things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by rammyty: 6:24am On Aug 22, 2017
Chysler:
At some point we will arrive at the end of Game of thrones, and probably many deaths will take place. That's when Brandon Stark, son of Eddard Stark, decides he'll travel back in time and try to stop the Night king, his army, and the events from taking place. I will write about his journey back in time after explaining how it's possible he can do this.

When the three-eyed raven says "You will never walk again, but you will fly" he means through time, and not only warging a dragon like many fans believe. There was a reason Jojen Reed (who also had the greensight and knew even more things about it than Bran) did not become the three-eyed raven himself. The reason is that Bran is even more powerful than both Jojen and the three-eyed raven (Brynden Rivers) in the way that he has both greensight and the ability to warg. With this combination Bran is even able to affect the past by warging into Wyllis, and eventually making him become Hodor, which proves "the ink is dry". He also gains his fathers attention outside the tower of joy, and even gets touched by the Night king in one of his greensights. Bran believes he is eventually (with more knowledge) going to be able to rewrite history and that's why he decides to go back and stop the Night king several times, but fails every time, ending up fulfilling the timeline-circle and taking the identity of the Night king himself.

The first time, he tries to prepare the Mad king for the white walkers and makes him (through the same whisper-method used to get Neds attention) prepare wildfire under King's landing, where the white walkers attacked (this attack is in the future for us viewers). But Bran fails, as the Mad king goes crazy from the whispers and instead tries to burn the city.

The second time, Bran goes even further back in time (as he continiously learn his abilites he is able do go longer and longer back in time) to try discover how the others were defeated the first time. He fail again and instead succeeds to become Bran the Builder, building the Wall and securing his birth by building Winterfell and creating the words "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell".

The last time, Bran goes back all the way to where the Night king was created, to warg into the human that later is going to become the Night king (or maybe even try to kill the children of the forest). He wargs into him to instead stop the "dragonglass into the heart"-event from happening (or maybe in his attempt to kill the children, he gets chosen as the vessle for the NK). Only he doesn't think of that the children of the forest won't recognize him from the future, and that they at that point are in war with the first men (he is gagged because of all the wierd future-talk). When he realized he failed again, he tries to go back in the current timeline, but can't because he's too deep into the past and stayed to long ("it is beautiful beneath the sea, stay to long and you drown"wink. From here Bran gets stuck in the past (exactly as Brynden and Jojen warned him not to) and becomes the Night king. With the combination of the childrens magic and Brans power, he becomes the villian instead of the hero he tried to be, resulting in turning against the children for creating him and getting stuck behind the magical Wall he later builds as Bran the builder.

Immortal as he is, he waits for himself to be born thousands of years later, knowing when and where he has to be to mark the young Bran, personally kill Brynden Rivers for hiding the truth about what would happen with him, and eventually being able to destroy the wall with a certain dragon. The reason the Night king doesn't end his misery by killing his younger self, is that he finally learnt the ink is dry, and he would fail again. The reason he doesn't kill Jon Snow, and instead observe him at Hardhome (maybe even resurrected him at Castle black?) will be covered in the end. Ending up marching south and once again fulfilling his timeline which we will see in the following two seasons.

You can actually see in the scene where young Bran goes back to the creation of the Night king, that when the children push the dragonglass into his heart, we see Bran tighten his grip on the veins, just as it is himself experiencing the pain. Also in the end of the flashback, Bran is laying in the exact same position in the cave, as the human pushed up to the tree is.

This theory also parts with Jon snow being the prince that was promised, who eventually has to kill his little brother Bran (Night king cannot kill Jon Snow at Hardhome then, can he?), giving us a bittersweet ending

Oga you try...... tiri ghosa for you....was it culled from somewhere or you made all this assertion yourself
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2017
stsinner:

so you that wrote the series,why dont you explain how they went into the water to chain the dragon or just shut up?
Perhaps one should also explain to you how they cook the food they eat in the show cos they don't show them cooking. If you understand that "Hardhome" where lots of ship was anchored, the knights watch came with ships remember? Anchors have chains and there you go.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2017
kenturkish:

Perhaps one should also explain to you how they cook the food they eat in the show cos they don't show them cooking. If you understand that "Hardhome" where lots of ship was anchored, the knights watch came with ships remember? Anchors have chains and there you go.

IIRC, the ships weren't docked at the harbour, the Night's watch had to use boats to ferry the Free Folk to the ships.

Also your answer suggests the Night King knew that Dany's dragons would come to the rescue.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Oxytocin(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Seunpaul01:

Hehehehe... Let's wait and see
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2017
Gbola5:

IIRC, the ships weren't docked at the harbour, the Night's watch had to use boats to ferry the Free Folk to the ships.

Also your answer suggests the Night King knew that Dany's dragons would come to the rescue.
Some say the night king has abilities like bran so he can see some things
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by richie10k: 8:54am On Aug 22, 2017
stsinner:
it seems the writer of GOT is getting tired. Apart from the spoils of war,other episodes of the season7 are damn boring with too many holes in the script. Can someone explain to me how the
whitewalker attached the huge chain to get the dragon in the
water when they cant even swim?
where does those long chains came from?
the thing tire me oo,they are really tired
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2017
Gbola5:

Point is it could have taken 1 week to pull that dragon out, everything doesn't happen in a day

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Mentions: 10:57am On Aug 22, 2017
The real error in GOT that nobody talks about is why bran with the ability to see the past,present and future, cant look into the future, see how the night king is killed and tell jon snow to prevent a war that will end many lifes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2017
Mentions:
The real error in GOT that nobody talks about is why bran with the ability to see the past,present and future, cant look into the future, see how the night king is killed and tell jon snow to prevent a war that will end many lifes

Because the ink is already dry. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2017
Mentions:
How did you get to know that bran can see the future...
When was it stated because all I've seen in his visions are either the past or the present

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by snowstormm(m): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2017
Nicolars:

How did you get to know that bran can see the future...
When was it stated because all I've seen in his visions are either the past or the present
you know people just they write rubbish....am sure,he can't see the future
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by snowstormm(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2017
Olympic squad

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by snowstormm(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2017
bran dey deny us sex scene shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
snowstormm:
you know people just they write rubbish....am sure,he can't see the future

Lol true
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
gj22:

GRRM has run out of ideas. He is never going to finish the books.

Give D&grin some credit, they are trying to finish someone else's story. Something GRRM cannot do.

Also, pay attention when watching the show next time.

Care to explain the bolded?

I'm not GRRM and I'm not privy to his book plans, so I'll just refrain from commenting on the remaining books. This thread is for the tv show anyway. I must say though that your statement "GRRM has run out of ideas" shows how uninformed you are.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
snowstormm:
Olympic squad

Lol, that gendry own under thick heavy snow storm is still a wonder. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
Did anyone notice that when the wights were attacking dem Jon snow after the hound threw the rock, there was a guy behind beric that was using his stick to hit NOTHING. grin

As in, the guy was just swinging the stick giving us the impression that he was hitting a wight. You have to be very observant to see it. cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
BraniacX:

You should become one of GRRM's writers and peradventure what you wrote is true then it is an epic story and you just ruined it for me undecided

Me and you both, bro. I didnt even want to quote him.

True be told, I've long suspected that Bran might be a villain but I couldn't imagine him as the Night King himself. Assuming Bran does indeed become the Night King, then the whole ASOIF is just a moral tale - don't fly too close to the sun or you'll burn, don't green-dream for too long or you'll become the NK and destroy humanity. Mmm... its too simple, and GRRM doesnt do simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.