Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088988 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 7:10am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
I agree, mediocre was the wrong word here. Nevertheless, the whole build up to the scene was time wasting and unnecessary. It felt like D & D had no ideas in that direction.

About the wight capturing, I repeat, the plot was absolutely stupid.
Firstly, the terrible plan ironically came from Tyrion, the renowned brainiac. Jon agreeing to it was stupid as well as he's had first hand experience with them and the ww and knows the grave dangers with the plan.
The timeline between the time they were trapped and when Dany came to save them was glaringly unrealistic.
Jon snow bending the knee to Dany in front of Cersie was just laughable(spare me the integrity bullcrap cuz he had deceived both ygritte and mance rayder before)
All the pitfalls in this plan made no sense and appeared forced, especially as it was meant to be the crucial part of the season.
Finally, if you want a series with near perfection, go and see Breaking bad.
Jon snow deceived the wildlings, cos he was following orders, simple as that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Talius(m): 7:41am On Aug 31, 2017
Seunpaul01:

I think cercei will live but lose the zeal to fight for the throne after Jamie death.
Impossible. She lost her three children and is still as formidable as ever. Jaimie can die at her hands and she'll still do the needful.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 8:31am On Aug 31, 2017
kenturkish:

Jon snow deceived the wildlings, cos he was following orders, simple as that.
Gibberish. But he couldn't do the knowing fully well the sacrifices they've all made and what/who they've lost?. He could've saved them all the headache and just told Dany to scout the place with drogo and simply return and no lives would've been lost.
Like i stated, that plot was weak with too many holes.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
Gibberish. But he couldn't do the knowing fully well the sacrifices they've all made and what/who they've lost?. He could've saved them all the headache and just told Dany to scout the place with drogo and simply return and no lives would've been lost.

And then the great javelin master would just throw 2 fingers in the air to smile at a dragon selfie?

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frankiss44(m): 9:00am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:

Probably he could have lied to Cersie but she stylishly brought up the memory of Ned Stark while asking Snow to take the Oath.. And we all know that Snow will never think of lying and disrespecting the memory of his father in public.. None of the Starks would have done that expect maybe Sansa
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frankiss44(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
Magnifico2000:
It seems arya and sansa planned that littlefiner's trial.

They were using the guy all along but the fool fell for it probably because he underestimated Sansa....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JUHABACH: 9:23am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
I agree, mediocre was the wrong word here. Nevertheless, the whole build up to the scene was time wasting and unnecessary. It felt like D & D had no ideas in that direction.

Firstly, the terrible plan ironically came from Tyrion, the renowned brainiac. Jon agreeing to it was stupid as well as he's had first hand experience with them and the ww and knows the grave dangers with the plan.
The timeline between the time they were trapped and when Dany came to save them was glaringly unrealistic.
Jon snow bending the knee to Dany in front of Cersie was just laughable(spare me the integrity bullcrap cuz he had deceived both ygritte and mance rayder before)
All the pitfalls in this plan made no sense and appeared forced, especially as it was meant to be the crucial part of the season.

1) the plan to capture the wight was the best plan actually. Danny wants to destroy the wights but also win the 7 kingdoms. without cersei's help it would be nigh impossible to do both. she would lose her armies fighting wights and lose all gains made in the 7 kingdoms.
Jon snow knows how dangerous wights are which is ESPECIALLY the more reason he ought to led the expedition. when embarking on a dangerous mission, you ought to send the one with First hand experience, don't you think?
agree that timeline is rushed though mostly due to shorter episodes and the show being rushed. it hasn't interfered with my enjoyment of the series though.
2) Jon snow bent the knee to danny before the meeting with cersei. as for the issue with his "betrayal" of the wildings, two things;
first, Jon not only swore an oath first as a brother of the nights watch and thus he's priorities lie with them (se reason Sam's father "betrayed" the tyrells even though he was Sworn to them and he's every bit as honour bound as jon) but jon also had a duty to the nights watch member he "killed" in order to infiltrate the wildings.

secondly, unlike cersei who was demanding job's word (i.e. an oath), the wildings simply accepted jon into their ranks assuming he was willing to betray his brothers.

no series is perfect and game of thrones does have its flaws but it's funny you are trying to bring a point of stupid decisions and people acting out of character as a minus for game of thrones yet bring up breaking bad which while an extremely good show was chuck full of said moments among other flaws.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JUHABACH: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:

*scratching head* the plan was to get cersei's aid and they needed tangible proof for that. Danny was willing to help already but on the condition jon bent the knee. what do you think was the point of tormund s speech to jon about how mance ' s refusal to bend the knee got his people killed?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2017
RobinHez:

And then the great javelin master would just throw 2 fingers in the air to smile at a dragon selfie?
Duh, I said scout not fight. The plot was just about needless back and forth journeys with no positive outcome hence, my stance that it was a forced and uncreative idea by the writers to bring Jon and Dany closer and create a white dragon. This definitely wasn't the same GoT I knew of seasons 1-3.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2017
JUHABACH:

1) the plan to capture the wight was the best plan actually. Danny wants to destroy the wights but also win the 7 kingdoms. without cersei's help it would be nigh impossible to do both. she would lose her armies fighting wights and lose all gains made in the 7 kingdoms.
Jon snow knows how dangerous wights are which is ESPECIALLY the more reason he ought to led the expedition. when embarking on a dangerous mission, you ought to send the one with First hand experience, don't you think?
agree that timeline is rushed though mostly due to shorter episodes and the show being rushed. it hasn't interfered with my enjoyment of the series though.
2) Jon snow bent the knee to danny before the meeting with cersei. as for the issue with his "betrayal" of the wildings, two things;
first, Jon not only swore an oath first as a brother of the nights watch and thus he's priorities lie with them (se reason Sam's father "betrayed" the tyrells even though he was Sworn to them and he's every bit as honour bound as jon) but jon also had a duty to the nights watch member he "killed" in order to infiltrate the wildings.

secondly, unlike cersei who was demanding job's word (i.e. an oath), the wildings simply accepted jon into their ranks assuming he was willing to betray his brothers.

no series is perfect and game of thrones does have its flaws but it's funny you are trying to bring a point of stupid decisions and people acting out of character as a minus for game of thrones yet bring up breaking bad which while an extremely good show was chuck full of said moments among other flaws.
Dude, don't go there trying to compare Breaking bad with GoT, its heresy. BB has achieved legendary status and has arguably the best TV show ending ever. The characters development were terrific and storyline fell in place perfectly(they were not forced). If the conditions were flipped and HBO made BB while AMC made GoT, GoT will be at the level Vikings is currently.

Back to the argument, I will reiterate, the plan to capture a wight was horrible. To do what exactly? Force an alliance with Cersie? Going by how smart Tyrion is?, He should know Cersie would never agree to that. This was a woman who'd done unspeakable things for power. A woman who loathes both the her brother and the starks. She'd rather die at the hands of the Night king and the undead.

Jon lost Thoros, and many other men. He lost viscerion as well as Benjen stark. All for what, to make their efforts futile? Well that's insulting both to his comrades and the viewers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2017
JUHABACH:

*scratching head* the plan was to get cersei's aid and they needed tangible proof for that. Danny was willing to help already but on the condition jon bent the knee. what do you think was the point of tormund s speech to jon about how mance ' s refusal to bend the knee got his people killed?

At the point of coming up with that plan, Cersie was disadvantaged. She'd lost a good number of her men. So the idea of an alliance to fight the undead army was just lame. It would make no difference whatsoever. Dany and Jon had the unsullied, the dothraki, the northmen, the wildlings and three dragons. Cersie had nothing! but a few lannister men.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 11:08am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:

Oh I have seen Breaking Bad a great series yeah but near perfection I highly doubt that.

Back to the matter the build up to LF death was in no way time wasting. Its was integral cause it showed how well the most cunning character in Game of thrones was Cunned! I mean this was someone who started the war between Starks and Lannisters. So for me it was time well spent.

Tyrion is smart but not perfect. You don't even have to look to that plan to know this. I mean Dany lost The Reach and Dorne because of his plans. Honestly if you ask me she should have taken the Iron throne since to hell with all the winning hearts and mind bullshit. So Tyrion is no braniac his just very smart so no plothole there.

And yea Jon knew the dangers thats why he lead it. His hope was to catch a single wight that was maybe isolated somehow. It wasn't a sure plan yes but he wanted allies he couldn't possibly face it alone he needed help and at the time this was the best option they could come up with so again no plothole here.

Concerning the timeline well alot have been said about it but if you look critically, you can tell its possible. But am not going to go into that if you feel its a plothole then more power to you.

Jon bending the knee or claiming to have done so already might be laughable to you, might have even infuriated Tyrion and many tactically savvy people but it was a matter of choice and love him or hate him thats the one he chose to make.

Phew! I guess thats all. Have a great day ahead

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 11:31am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:

And why would Dany risk her life and dragon for what she didn't believe, for all she knows this could be a way of Jon getting her isolated, killing her and her dragons. Dany is just like the doubting Thomas. It wasn't until she saw the WW with her eyes that she believed, she said as much.

This wasn't only a plan to convince Cersie but also to completely convince Dany
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Adek15(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2017
guys pls, I need site to download subtitle files for series that are on mini episodes like breaking bad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DonroxyII: 11:40am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
Duh, I said scout not fight. The plot was just about needless back and forth journeys with no positive outcome hence, my stance that it was a forced and uncreative idea by the writers to bring Jon and Dany closer and create a white dragon. This definitely wasn't the same GoT I knew of seasons 1-3.
I think due to some "rushing" ... da Na y , some scenes are just poorly conceived ...

GOT S1-3 wouldn't make LF coward like that, he will fight it, LF would even think ahead of his schemes being exposed and would have covered his track with superb excuses and counter claims ..... Alas, LF of season 7 finale fell yakata ....... LF shoulda fall with higher intelligence and strong evidence ...... Arya could be made to re-sneak into his inner closet or use the mask to conduct investigation into LF and unearth evidences that are undeniable ..Everybody leaves one mark or the other while doing shitttss.........
Sansa judging LF is cheap, LF(Master liar) defence was cheap and too easy ..... JS in connection with Arya and Sansa shd be the one judging LF ...... not just Sansa !!!

LF Na badosky Na .... Haba !!.... Na rushing things ooo....

Worst sex build up in GOT is d sex between Jon Snow and Danny ..... I was looking forward to sex between them cuz I know it will happen ...... I thought JS and Danny banging would be the best sex ever in GOT ...... I want it to be strong and filled in a warrior to warrior way, there shd be build up !!!

Other than Khal Drogo, JS was the only man that Danny can't bend anyhow ..... I even think JS is strong willed than Khal Drogo, a beast !!! JS is a Lion in Man's skin .... JS is the perfect mate for Khaleesi and their bond is mightier than NK/Cersie together !!! The sex was trash n short ..... The scene shouldn't have been rushed, they shd have takened it to S9 !!!

I think Tyrion understand the implication of the bond BTW JS n Danny on the Lannisters and who knows the deal he had with Cersie ? ..... Tyrion wud never wants his family to abdicate the iron throne, he may not want Cersie but I think he will defend his heritage .....

JonSnow and Danny has good team to defeat Tyrion sha if e become a trouble !!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JUHABACH: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
At the point of coming up with that plan, Cersie was disadvantaged. She'd lost a good number of her men. So the idea of an alliance to fight the undead army was just lame. It would make no difference whatsoever. Dany and Jon had the unsullied, the dothraki, the northmen, the wildlings and three dragons. Cersie had nothing! but a few lannister men.

cersei lost a number of her men but gained the tyrells gold mines and the favour of the iron bank.
it's like you are deliberately ignoring what I m saying. every gain they had made would have been lost and cersei would have the opportunity to strengthen her position.

the dragons aren't really a factor as danny wasn't planning to use them on king's landing which must be conquered to win.

not to mention the wights are an army of at least 100,000 and that's not even raking into account the undead beasts that could wreck havoc (look how much damage a single undead bear caused) and at least one giant as well as powerful wights accompanying the night king. the northmen as stated in the beginning of this season barely have enough men, same as the wildings (most of them died during the battle of the bastards) and the Knights of vale only number a few thousands at best.

EVEN IF danny on her own defeated the night king, her army would most certainly suffer irreparable losses. add the fact that no one in her army has experience fighting in winter and that even if they win, cersei would most certainly be more prepared with a new,more prepped army and morw dragon killing devices and you would come to the same conclusion Tyrion arrived at when cersei refused the alliance, "we are f*ucked"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JUHABACH: 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
Dude, don't go there trying to compare Breaking bad with GoT, its heresy. BB has achieved legendary status and has arguably the best TV show ending ever. The characters development were terrific and storyline fell in place perfectly(they were not forced). If the conditions were flipped and HBO made BB while AMC made GoT, GoT will be at the level Vikings is currently.

Back to the argument, I will reiterate, the plan to capture a wight was horrible. To do what exactly? Force an alliance with Cersie? Going by how smart Tyrion is?, He should know Cersie would never agree to that. This was a woman who'd done unspeakable things for power. A woman who loathes both the her brother and the starks. She'd rather die at the hands of the Night king and the undead.

Jon lost Thoros, and many other men. He lost viscerion as well as Benjen stark. All for what, to make their efforts futile? Well that's insulting both to his comrades and the viewers.

1) not in the habit of comparing tv series but game of thrones IS better than breaking bad. it is every bit as character and plot driven as breaking bad with far more memorable characters and added epic scenes. lol. not saying vikings isn't a good show but if you are going to compare vikings to the intricate plot that is game of thrones then I guess there was no point trying to reason with you in the first place.

2) smh. cersei is selfish. that's her defining trait. yes, she hate Tyrion and is quite a spiteful woman but she certainly doesn't want to die (which she will if the night king arrives), she doesn't want to lose her power (again which she will if the night king arrives) and most importantly, she doesn't want to lose her only remaining family (jaime) (again which she will if the night king arrives).

these are facts which anyone who has watched game of thrones would know about cersei. she wants her enemies dead but not at her own expense and power and family is everything to her (with the exception being Tyrion whom she has always hated from birth as he "killed" their mother).
Heck Tyrion knew her well enough that he figured out she was pregnant from a vague speech she gave.

everyone who knows cersei knows she is just like her father, acting in what they believe is in the best interest of family.
if anything, cersei's action only goes to show what has been hinted. she is losing her mind similar to the mad king which is why the effort turned out futile. it was however by no means, a bad idea.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
SamzackD:

I know right ,

but common you guys should quit reading meaning into everything in the show, looking for flaws all the time,

how do you get to enjoy the show when you are busy looking for mistakes its a fantasy world which means it isn't real

so for crying out loud, watch GOT for its stories not perfect scenes
As in eh, the thing tire me, its not like we can produce any series that interesting.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kaboninc(m): 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:

The plan to capture a wight was a very huge risk and the most difficult but still, it was the best decision that could be taken.

They all have a common enemy.

So why waste time, money and other resources fighting one another when the common enemy could just wait and after you are done fighting, he'll come decimate the winner.

Besides, the common enemy has shown not to talk, negotiate or listen to plea. He's only interested in one thing...conquer through death. This is not about money, or gold or riches or pleasure. The Night King doesn't need to have sex before he could reproduce. They do not age. Can only be killed with dragon glass and valerian steel. So what ever the living hopes or desires to have, the Night King and his armies desires the opposite.

Cersei could decide not to join the war, same as Euron because the wight cant swim.

Same was thought that they could not breach the wall. Winterfell and the North would be the first casualty. however, Westeros won't be far on the list.

Now they have a dragon. And what do you think the Night King won't do with his power?

By the way, I have seen other Vikings. But Game of Thrones will for now, be the best epic movie I have ever seen.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
AryaSand:
Eyyyyah! Pele, we've missed you.
our very own Queen of Thorns..grin.. missed u too ur Grace..grin..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Sultan5:

Oh I have seen Breaking Bad a great series yeah but near perfection I highly doubt that.

Back to the matter the build up to LF death was in no way time wasting. Its was integral cause it showed how well the most cunning character in Game of thrones was Cunned! I mean this was someone who started the war between Starks and Lannisters. So for me it was time well spent.

Tyrion is smart but not perfect. You don't even have to look to that plan to know this. I mean Dany lost The Reach and Dorne because of his plans. Honestly if you ask me she should have taken the Iron throne since to hell with all the winning hearts and mind bullshit. So Tyrion is no braniac his just very smart so no plothole there.

And yea Jon knew the dangers thats why he lead it. His hope was to catch a single wight that was maybe isolated somehow. It wasn't a sure plan yes but he wanted allies he couldn't possibly face it alone he needed help and at the time this was the best option they could come up with so again no plothole here.

Concerning the timeline well alot have been said about it but if you look critically, you can tell its possible. But am not going to go into that if you feel its a plothole then more power to you.

Jon bending the knee or claiming to have done so already might be laughable to you, might have even infuriated Tyrion and many tactically savvy people but it was a matter of choice and love him or hate him thats the one he chose to make.

Phew! I guess thats all. Have a great day ahead
Nope, the build up to LF story was time wasting. Arya, Sansa and Lf deserved better stories/death. In fact, isn't it impossible that the most informed man is Westeros couldn't see through all their shenanigans cuz it wasn't all that really.

Tyrion can be given a free pass as he doesn't have a first hand experience but not Jon, that plan was as risky flame and gasoline. Heck, he knew the wights were moving in huge colonies towards castle black so how on earth was that gonna work with a few men.

I wasn't against the knee bending, but not lying after their expedition, knowing it would make their efforts futile was just laughable and dissapointing.

Finally, she couldn't risk her life or her dragon's but without thinking twice she did after Jon and co were trapped, located them easily and in a questionable time range, and from an untrusted source. I rest my case. Have a nice day too bro.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
DonroxyII:
I think due to some "rushing" ... da Na y , some scenes are just poorly conceived ...

GOT S1-3 wouldn't make LF coward like that, he will fight it, LF would even think ahead of his schemes being exposed and would have covered his track with superb excuses and counter claims ..... Alas, LF of season 7 finale fell yakata ....... LF shoulda fall with higher intelligence and strong evidence ...... Arya could be made to re-sneak into his inner closet or use the mask to conduct investigation into LF and unearth evidences that are undeniable ..Everybody leaves one mark or the other while doing shitttss.........
Sansa judging LF is cheap, LF(Master liar) defence was cheap and too easy ..... JS in connection with Arya and Sansa shd be the one judging LF ...... not just Sansa !!!

Worst sex build up in GOT is d sex between Jon Snow and Danny ..... I was looking forward to sex between them cuz I know it will happen ...... I thought JS and Danny banging would be the best sex ever in GOT ...... I want it to be strong and filled in a warrior to warrior way, there shd be build up !!!

Other than Khal Drogo, JS was the only man that Danny can't bend anyhow ..... I even think JS is strong willed than Khal Drogo, a beast !!! JS is a Lion in Man's skin .... JS is the perfect mate for Khaleesi and their bond is mightier than NK/Cersie together !!! The sex was trash n short ..... The scene shouldn't have been rushed, they shd have takened it to S9 !!!

I think Tyrion understand the implication of the bond BTW JS n Danny on the Lannisters and who knows the deal he had with Cersie ? ..... Tyrion wud never wants his family to abdicate the iron throne, he may not want Cersie but I think he will defend his heritage .....

Obviously, the season was rushed and it's clearly lacking Martin's plots and prose.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
JUHABACH:

cersei lost a number of her men but gained the tyrells gold mines and the favour of the iron bank.
it's like you are deliberately ignoring what I m saying. every gain they had made would have been lost and cersei would have the opportunity to strengthen her position.

the dragons aren't really a factor as danny wasn't planning to use them on king's landing which must be conquered to win.

not to mention the wights are an army of at least 100,000 and that's not even raking into account the undead beasts that could wreck havoc (look how much damage a single undead bear caused) and at least one giant as well as powerful wights accompanying the night king. the northmen as stated in the beginning of this season barely have enough men, same as the wildings (most of them died during the battle of the bastards) and the Knights of vale only number a few thousands at best.

EVEN IF danny on her own defeated the night king, her army would most certainly suffer irreparable losses. add the fact that no one in her army has experience fighting in winter and that even if they win, cersei would most certainly be more prepared with a new,more prepped army and morw dragon killing devices and you would come to the same conclusion Tyrion arrived at when cersei refused the alliance, "we are f*ucked"
Still not getting it. As at the time they were initiating that reckless plan, Cersie's army had been gravely depleted and none of them knew of Cersie's plan to buy mercenaries. So in view, they had no reason to suggest an alliance with a few lannister men. Euron greyjoy and the ironborn ain't all that on land so they don't count.

Ultimately, Jon was stūpid to agree to that plan and Tyrion was also stûpid to think Cersie was ever gonna agree to their alliance as he knew the kind of sister he had.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pu7pl3(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
DonroxyII:

Littlefinger cudnt retrace or hide anything here the three eyed raven sees all
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
JUHABACH:

1) not in the habit of comparing tv series but game of thrones IS better than breaking bad. it is every bit as character and plot driven as breaking bad with far more memorable characters and added epic scenes. lol. not saying vikings isn't a good show but if you are going to compare vikings to the intricate plot that is game of thrones then I guess there was no point trying to reason with you in the first place.

2) smh. cersei is selfish. that's her defining trait. yes, she hate Tyrion and is quite a spiteful woman but she certainly doesn't want to die (which she will if the night king arrives), she doesn't want to lose her power (again which she will if the night king arrives) and most importantly, she doesn't want to lose her only remaining family (jaime) (again which she will if the night king arrives).

these are facts which anyone who has watched game of thrones would know about cersei. she wants her enemies dead but not at her own expense and power and family is everything to her (with the exception being Tyrion whom she has always hated from birth as he "killed" their mother).
Heck Tyrion knew her well enough that he figured out she was pregnant from a vague speech she gave.

everyone who knows cersei knows she is just like her father, acting in what they believe is in the best interest of family.
if anything, cersei's action only goes to show what has been hinted. she is losing her mind similar to the mad king which is why the effort turned out futile. it was however by no means, a bad idea.
Your first paragraph was just as comical and ignorant as it could get. GoT is a very good show but it's no where near BB. Got relies heavily on character deaths and fantasies and juxtaposed plotlines which apparently is giving them problems to execute.
Their characters are amazing(especially the dead ones) but poorly developed. And also too many plot holes (dornish plot in season 6 was just very silly)
BB on the other hand had amazing characters, well developed, crazy twists, adrenaline rush, top notch cinematography and never had half the hype Got had nor did they kill characters off easily. BB shìts on Got in plotting and writing, and IMBD ratings can attest to this.
And i never compared Got to vikings, i said if Got was on AMC like Breaking bad, it would be on Vikings level in terms of popularity.

Secondly, Cersie is as narcissistic as one can be. The same Cersie that nearly poisoned herself and her kids during the battle of blackwater? Cersie would lose both ways if she agreed to the alliance and Tyrion on a good day should know this as a fact. So the best decision was obviously never going to be an alliance. It's up to Dany to choose between ending Cersie or fighting with Jon.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
Nope, the build up to LF story was time wasting. Arya, Sansa and Lf deserved better stories/death. In fact, isn't it impossible that the most informed man is Westeros couldn't see through all their shenanigans cuz it wasn't all that really.

Tyrion can be given a free pass as he doesn't have a first hand experience but not Jon, that plan was as risky flame and gasoline. Heck, he knew the wights were moving in huge colonies towards castle black so how on earth was that gonna work with a few men.

I wasn't against the knee bending, but not lying after their expedition, knowing it would make their efforts futile was just laughable and dissapointing.

Finally, she couldn't risk her life or her dragon's but without thinking twice she did after Jon and co were trapped, located them easily and in a questionable time range, and from an untrusted source. I rest my case. Have a nice day too bro.

Erm concerning the build up to the LF scene, lets just agreed to disagree don't want to type more on that.

Like I said Jon was hoping, you know in desperate times hope reign supreme. He was hoping to get an isolated wight and he was lucky enough to succeed on that front but failed to prevent the damn thing from alerting the herd. That was what messed everything up.

I knew what you were against and I said Jon made his choice not to lie and we all have to live with it.

And for your last point, these things are matters of the heart. The man she loved if I can say that was in trouble and could possibly die. Also she knew the importance of the mission, wanted it accomplished and probably wanted to see for herself. And its also possible she just came just to save Mr Friend Zone grin I think putting all this together would be solid reasons enough.

But she definitely won't just go for sight seeing in the north, just because her crush said she should. She has a war to win, kingdom to conquer and a throne to sit on. Jon knew this thats why he didn't even bother asking. And she didn't even believe the WW existed self, yes she was tempted to but she didn't really. And the raven wasn't from an untrusted source, Jon, Dany and Tyrion are not dumb they would have agreed on a sign, symbol or something to use to verify the source.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pu7pl3(m): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
SamzackD:

I know right ,

but common you guys should quit reading meaning into everything in the show, looking for flaws all the time,

how do you get to enjoy the show when you are busy looking for mistakes its a fantasy world which means it isn't real

so for crying out loud, watch GOT for its stories not perfect scenes

Thank u bro my thoghts exactly... people keep looking for plot holes in an amazing show nd forget to enjoy the effort the actors are puttn in

I used to be like that till i realized even my countrys film makers cant do what they do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by NerdSciBot: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
kaboninc:

The plan to capture a wight was a very huge risk and the most difficult but still, it was the best decision that could be taken.

They all have a common enemy.

So why waste time, money and other resources fighting one another when the common enemy could just wait and after you are done fighting, he'll come decimate the winner.

Besides, the common enemy has shown not to talk, negotiate or listen to plea. He's only interested in one thing...conquer through death. This is not about money, or gold or riches or pleasure. The Night King doesn't need to have sex before he could reproduce. They do not age. Can only be killed with dragon glass and valerian steel. So what ever the living hopes or desires to have, the Night King and his armies desires the opposite.

Cersei could decide not to join the war, same as Euron because the wight cant swim.

Same was thought that they could not breach the wall. Winterfell and the North would be the first casualty. however, Westeros won't be far on the list.

Now they have a dragon. And what do you think the Night King won't do with his power?

By the way, I have seen other Vikings. But Game of Thrones will for now, be the best epic movie I have ever seen.
Even Cersie knew she stood no chance against the dead army. If Dany and her crew couldn't defeat that army, adding hers would've made no difference and she knew this. She gambled well; join Dany and lose both ways if they eventually conquer the NK or don't and stand a chance to defeat Dany if she eventually defeats the NK. They got this plot quite well but it exposes other plot holes.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pu7pl3(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:

He admitted to the mistake nd gave his reason for it... he just cudnt lie (he made a good point)

Open another thread for breaking bad then
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kaboninc(m): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:
Even Cersie knew she stood no chance against the dead army. If Dany and her crew couldn't defeat that army, adding hers would've made no difference and she knew this. She gambled well; join Dany and lose both ways if they eventually conquer the NK or don't and stand a chance to defeat Dany if she eventually defeats the NK. They got this plot quite well but it exposes other plot holes.

If Danny and her crew wins, the whole of the Seven Kingdoms will be theirs. They've conquerd the Night King and will focus all their energy in getting armies. Besides, who wouldn't want to bow to someone who shows a remarkable victory.

You saw how the Dothraki hordes bowed to Danny? Is it that someone can't throw a sword and it hits her?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kaboninc(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
NerdSciBot:

All through, we have seen how ravens help to deliver messages. Secondly, dragons are way smarter, have stronger ability to perception and could sense dangers far far from them. If you could remember where Danny was attacked by the slavers and how her dragon came to help or even each time the dragon had responded to anyone who tried to harm her. Why then do you think the dragons won't locate Jon and his crew?

Besides, these are fantasies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.