Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1090626 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamJ(m): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
troubleseller:
Spoilers wey go full here as each episode dey drop ehn....
cheesy we wen know how e go end

Na laugh win am
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
troubleseller:
Spoilers wey go full here as each episode dey drop ehn....

Not really spoilers... Just predictions cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by troubleseller: 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
blingxx:

Not really spoilers... Just predictions cheesy
I am not talking now. I am talking as the show starts on the 14th. All these ones predicting now is just initial gra gra.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 1:45am On Apr 03, 2019
Make 14 reach Na
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 1:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Mo vala mugolese
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 1:55am On Apr 03, 2019
That's my main man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 2eggs1goal: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
Soon here go dey bubble
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
I kinda watched a trailer yesterday showing winterfell in the grip of post battle eerie graveyard like silence and emptiness, with longclaw's hilt sticking out of a snow mound that looked like it was covering a corpse possibly Jon's, is this an ominous portend or am i imagining things?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamJ(m): 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
watched game of thrones from season 1 to season 7 for the 2nd time this year cry

the part that they declared jon snow the king in the north, sent chills down my spine
[img]https://media1./images/4192d1aa9f88eeaaf9610a7c8fae35e0/tenor.gif[/img]

damm, that was some solid tv

so in celebration of the final season, i will be writing on the lore of game of thrones, starting 2moro

the complete history before the show began grin stay tuned, we fanatics have taken it to another level

11 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Lol.
I had the same thoughts too. That girl is too good. The emotion on her face was spot on

Yonce:

I fell for it.
Her hands were shaking. . .she pulled the prank off 100%.
That's how you know a great actress.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:49am On Apr 04, 2019
It was a promo shot

BraniacX:
I kinda watched a trailer yesterday showing winterfell in the grip of post battle eerie graveyard like silence and emptiness, with longclaw's hilt sticking out of a snow mound that looked like it was covering a corpse possibly Jon's, is this an ominous portend or am i imagining things?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2019
Ehn! You say?
It's Valar Mhorgulis

Topmaike007:
Mo vala mugolese

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 8:59am On Apr 04, 2019
Endy10:
Ehn! You say?
It's Valar Mhorgulis

I Love that part very well
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2019
iamJ:
watched game of thrones from season 1 to season 7 for the 2nd time this year cry

the part that they declared jon snow the king in the north, sent chills down my spine

so in celebration of the final season, i will be writing on the lore of game of thrones, starting 2moro

the complete history before the show began grin stay tuned, we fanatics have taken it to another level
we're staying to tuned bro
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by babalonshee(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
can't wait to see tyrion lanister

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GloShare(m): 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
The North Remembers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Vivipop(f): 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
The wait is exhilarating, I swear it by the Old and New. forthethrones!

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
What do we say to the god of death? Not today!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
iamJ:

Guy, we dey wait na
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seunpaul01(m): 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
BraniacX:

You are imagining things my brother.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nymphomaniac(m): 12:30am On Apr 06, 2019
What of Lord Varys ends up on the throne?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 5:28am On Apr 06, 2019
nymphomaniac:
What of Lord Varys ends up on the throne?

Not after melisande said he would die in a strange land... That witch never lies undecided

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 7:02am On Apr 06, 2019
For The Throne

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gr8lex(m): 7:06am On Apr 06, 2019
blingxx:

Not after melisande said he would die in a strange land... That witch never lies undecided
Except when she said Stannis was the prince that was promised and when she said burning Shireen would solve their problem

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2019
Gr8lex:

Except when she said Stannis was the prince that was promised and when she said burning Shireen would solve their problem

She miscalculated cheesy... Or let blame that on the god of light

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nymphomaniac(m): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2019
blingxx:

true though
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gr8lex(m): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2019
blingxx:

She miscalculated cheesy... Or let blame that on the god of light
Her miscalculation cost Stannis his life. She brainwashed him into making a lot of crazy decisions

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gaddafe(m): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
The Clegane. The hound vs the mountain, I just hope we will see the fallout of these before the season ends
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamJ(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
sorry for the delay

wanted to write it all myself but the work plenty, so i will copy and paste some and write the others myself, you can ask any question about characters and events, and i will explain

in the beginning, Before Men, There Were Children

The humans who inhabit Westeros in Game of Thrones aren’t descendants of an original native species, but of immigrants that came to the continent 12,000 years prior in what is now known as the Dawn Age. Before humans came along, Westeros was sparsely populated – but one of the few races that did call it home was the diminutive species dubbed “Children of the Forest”.

Small, humanoid creatures with dark skin and oversized eyes, the Children formed their disparate societies across the forests of Westeros (hence their name). Devout followers of what would come to be known as the Old Gods, the Children were responsible for the first Weirwoods, carving faces into the trees of their homes in the belief that the Gods could watch over them through the sculptures. Some Children also had latent magical abilities. Children were commonly born with dark eyes, but any born with Green eyes developed a sort of precognition — prophetic visions and dreams. Children with this talent became leading figures in the Children’s societies.

It wasn’t to last though. When humans traveled to Westeros for the first time, from across the Narrow Sea and Essos, they began settling and clearing areas for settlements by burning the Weirwoods created by the Children, inciting a war between the two species.

The Children were technologically outmatched by the First Men (who had access to Bronze weaponry and armor, and could bring reinforcements by sea) and were almost wiped out in the fighting — before they negotiated an agreement to share Westeros with the First Men, called the Pact. The Pact bought about a time of peace and understanding between the two races, (and even inducted many humans into the Old Gods’ faith). And this ushered in the end of the Dawn Age and a new era dubbed the Age of Heroes.

It wouldn’t last forever, however. When the Andals invaded Westeros, 4,000 years after the signing of the Pact, they swarmed the First Men and the Children’s combined forces, burning the weirwood forests as they swept across the Seven Kingdoms. Only the North resisted, which led to the remaining Children, already naturally few in number and vastly reduced by the Andals, to retreat into the North and beyond the Wall (more on that later), to the frozen upper regions of the continent.

Most of Westeros believes the Children have died off entirely, but as Bran Stark learns during his pilgrimage beyond the Wall, that’s not the case.

things to know after reading that, the children of the forest created the white walkers to fight humans for them
The Night King was created by the Children of the Forest during the Wars of the First Men and the Children of the Forest and has been alive for about 8,000 years. It can be assumed the magic that transformed him also gave him his longevity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 07, 2019
7more days left ... can’t wait

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamJ(m): 11:17am On Apr 07, 2019
houses and their history

House Targaryen

Half the Targaryens went mad, didn't they? What's the saying? 'Every time a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin.'"
―Cersei Lannister to Tyrion Lannister[src]

House Targaryen banner

The banner of House Targaryen of Dragonstone, the former royal house of Westeros, now in exile.

House Targaryen of Dragonstone is a Great House of Westeros and was the ruling royal House of the Seven Kingdoms for three centuries since it conquered and unified the realm, before it was deposed during Robert's Rebellion and House Baratheon replaced it as the new royal House. The two surviving Targaryens fled into exile to the Free Cities of Essos across the Narrow Sea. Currently based on Dragonstone off of the eastern coast of Westeros, House Targaryen seeks to retake the Seven Kingdoms from House Lannister, who formally replaced House Baratheon as the royal House following the destruction of the Great Sept of Baelor.

House Targaryen's sigil is a three-headed red dragon on a black background, and their house words are "Fire and Blood."

[img]https://media1./images/290e7b8e3d6a90d8de06125ad056eb99/tenor.gif[/img]

Background

Once a noble family of the vast Valyrian Freehold, an empire spanning most of the eastern continent, the Targaryens were given control of the island of Dragonstone in the Narrow Sea some centuries ago. After the obliteration of Valyria in the Doom, the Targaryens launched a devastating invasion of Westeros using three dragons to spearhead their attack. In a short period of time, six of the seven formerly independent kingdoms had surrendered to the Targaryen leader, King Aegon I, unifying the continent under his rule. The last hold-out, Dorne, joined the kingdom through a political and marriage alliance some two centuries later.

During the increasingly erratic reign of King Aerys II, his son Rhaegar was said to have kidnapped Lyanna Stark of Winterfell for unknown reasons. When Lyanna's brother Brandon protested, Aerys responded by having both him and his father Rickard Stark arrested and executed. This sparked a massive uprising led by Eddard Stark, Robert Baratheon and Jon Arryn. At the end of this war, Aerys and Rhaegar were dead and the Targaryen power-base in Westeros destroyed. Aerys's youngest children, Viserys and Daenerys, were taken by Targaryen loyalists into exile in the Free Cities of the East. Unknown to most, however, Rhaegar had his marriage with Elia Martell annulled and remarried Lyanna, with whom he also had a son, Jon Snow. As Lyanna lay dying after giving birth to her son, she pleaded with her brother Eddard to keep her baby safe from Robert, who surely would want the baby dead due to his immense hatred for Rhaegar and promise to wipe out the Targaryen bloodline. She reveals her son's name is 'Aegon Targaryen'. To protect his sister's son from Robert, Eddard takes his infant nephew back with him to Winterfell, names him 'Jon',[3] and claims him as his illegitimate son, raising Jon as his own child alongside his trueborn children.[1] The child would become Jon Snow and grows up with the maternal side of his family.

Generations of compound inbreeding have preserved in the Targaryen bloodline the classic Valyrian features of silver-white (platinum blonde) hair, and very fair, pale skin. Allegedly, this also preserved in their bloodline the ability to successfully bond with and ride dragons. They also seem to be somewhat more tolerant of extreme heat and high temperatures than other people, though they are by no means invulnerable to fire – or at least, not all of them. Unfortunately, some believe that this practice of inbreeding has also caused the trait of insanity to plague House Targaryen; though some members are known to be perfectly normal psychologically-speaking, other Targaryens throughout history have displayed bizarre, erratic and sometimes violent behavior, succumbing to the so-called 'Targaryen madness'.

Family tree

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.