Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1090633 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamJ(m): 11:29am On Apr 07, 2019
back to our origin story of the beginnings

there were the giants

the Children weren’t the sole occupants of Westeros during the Dawn Age. Tribes of massive Giants, bulky humanoids that grew to 12 feet tall also lived there. And like the Children, they were spread out in groups across all of Westeros. The Children and the Giants occasionally fought each other over territory, but largely maintained a peace that lasted even after the arrival of the First Men.

[img]https://media1./images/cbe10d0de75ece12728ab5fd7abccae6/tenor.gif[/img]

Humans were less able to get along with Giants, however, and between both the Andals and the First Men, the Giants were slowly wiped out over the course of thousands of years. Technologically stagnant — even more than the Children — Giants were forced out of their settlements all over Westeros by humans (the descendants of what would become House Baratheon began the push from the Stormlands in the south), moving further and further north, until they resettled beyond the Wall, distant and untrustworthy of Humankind.

By the time of Mance Rayder’s rule over the Wildlings as King Beyond the Wall, the remaining Giants — believed to only be around a few hundred in number — had allied with the Wildlings and integrated themselves as part of their society, fighting alongside them against both the Night’s Watch and the Others.

The Children and the Giants represent a more peaceful side of Westeros’ fantastical past.

But thousands of years after the First Men and the Children of the Forest signed the Pact, a long, harsh winter brought about an event that would be called The Long Night, a Winter season that lasted for an entire generation, and brought with it an invasion of the undead from the far northern reaches of Westeros. They descended upon the North, and even further south into Westeros.

No one knows how the Others came about — whether they were native to Westeros, or a group of humans that settled in the North that became corrupted by powerful magic. With pale blue skin impervious to fire and most materials, the Others could raise slain foes as new Wights to join their armies. The Others also brought bizarre creatures not seen in any other part of Westeros with them, from decaying mammoths to horrifying giant ice spiders that they used as mounts and as battle animals.

The creatures swept across Westeros during the Long Night, killing untold numbers of Children and First Men, and nearly driving both species to extinction. However, the Children discovered that the Others could be defeated by their obsidian weaponry, known as “dragonglass,” and began to fight back, eventually driving the Others back to the far North and defeating them at the Battle for the Dawn.

What few Others remained were then trapped in the North by the hero Brandon the Builder (who went on to found House Stark), who led the efforts of the First Men, Children and Giants to build the magically-enhanced Wall, trapping the Others in the upper reaches of the continent. Once the wall was built, the Night’s Watch was established to guard it, and to fight back any attempts by the Others.

The order was almost destroyed shortly after its founding however — the 13th commander of the Night’s Watch allegedly fell in love with a Female Other, eventually marrying her and using her abilities to enthrall the Night’s Watch. The Commander, now known as the Night King, used the Watch and the Others to try and take over the North, committing countless atrocities until he was eventually overwhelmed and defeated. The Watch, so ashamed of their failure to safeguard the realm, chose to strike the Commander’s name and record from their history books, forbidding anyone to speak of his name ever again.

things to know after reading that, we later learnt that the others are a creation of the night king and the night king was created by the children of the forest to fight humans for them, after men build to wall to stop the advancement of white walkers, the night king went on the attack against chilren of the forest and wildings

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
Bro, I am not understanding.

One part of your narrative say that the night king was created by the children of the forest to help them against the first men.

Another part is insinuating that the night king was a former commander of the night watch who fell in love with an other.

I am not understanding mbok

iamJ:
back to our origin story of the beginnings

there were the giants

the Children weren’t the sole occupants of Westeros during the Dawn Age. Tribes of massive Giants, bulky humanoids that grew to 12 feet tall also lived there. And like the Children, they were spread out in groups across all of Westeros. The Children and the Giants occasionally fought each other over territory, but largely maintained a peace that lasted even after the arrival of the First Men.

[img]https://media1./images/cbe10d0de75ece12728ab5fd7abccae6/tenor.gif[/img]

Humans were less able to get along with Giants, however, and between both the Andals and the First Men, the Giants were slowly wiped out over the course of thousands of years. Technologically stagnant — even more than the Children — Giants were forced out of their settlements all over Westeros by humans (the descendants of what would become House Baratheon began the push from the Stormlands in the south), moving further and further north, until they resettled beyond the Wall, distant and untrustworthy of Humankind.

By the time of Mance Rayder’s rule over the Wildlings as King Beyond the Wall, the remaining Giants — believed to only be around a few hundred in number — had allied with the Wildlings and integrated themselves as part of their society, fighting alongside them against both the Night’s Watch and the Others.

The Children and the Giants represent a more peaceful side of Westeros’ fantastical past.

But thousands of years after the First Men and the Children of the Forest signed the Pact, a long, harsh winter brought about an event that would be called The Long Night, a Winter season that lasted for an entire generation, and brought with it an invasion of the undead from the far northern reaches of Westeros. They descended upon the North, and even further south into Westeros.

No one knows how the Others came about — whether they were native to Westeros, or a group of humans that settled in the North that became corrupted by powerful magic. With pale blue skin impervious to fire and most materials, the Others could raise slain foes as new Wights to join their armies. The Others also brought bizarre creatures not seen in any other part of Westeros with them, from decaying mammoths to horrifying giant ice spiders that they used as mounts and as battle animals.

The creatures swept across Westeros during the Long Night, killing untold numbers of Children and First Men, and nearly driving both species to extinction. However, the Children discovered that the Others could be defeated by their obsidian weaponry, known as “dragonglass,” and began to fight back, eventually driving the Others back to the far North and defeating them at the Battle for the Dawn.

What few Others remained were then trapped in the North by the hero Brandon the Builder (who went on to found House Stark), who led the efforts of the First Men, Children and Giants to build the magically-enhanced Wall, trapping the Others in the upper reaches of the continent. Once the wall was built, the Night’s Watch was established to guard it, and to fight back any attempts by the Others.

The order was almost destroyed shortly after its founding however — the 13th commander of the Night’s Watch allegedly fell in love with a Female Other, eventually marrying her and using her abilities to enthrall the Night’s Watch. The Commander, now known as the Night King, used the Watch and the Others to try and take over the North, committing countless atrocities until he was eventually overwhelmed and defeated. The Watch, so ashamed of their failure to safeguard the realm, chose to strike the Commander’s name and record from their history books, forbidding anyone to speak of his name ever again.

things to know after reading that, we later learnt that the others are a creation of the night king and the night king was created by the children of the forest to fight humans for them, after men build to wall to stop the advancement of white walkers, the night king went on the attack against chilren of the forest and wildings

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Bro, I am not understanding.

One part of your narrative say that the night king was created by the children of the forest to help them against the first men.

Another part is insinuating that the night king was a former commander of the night watch who fell in love with an other.

I am not understanding mbok

Both sides are true.
The show and the book have two different Night kings.

The Night king on the show was created by the children of the forest while the Night's king in the books was a Stark who was a Lord Commander and fell for an "other"

The show's night king is loosely based on the books' night king.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by professor100: 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:27am On Apr 08, 2019
Seunpaul01:

You are imagining things my brother.
roger that! wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
OMG!!! I forgot about this thread
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
BraniacX:
I kinda watched a trailer yesterday showing winterfell in the grip of post battle eerie graveyard like silence and emptiness, with longclaw's hilt sticking out of a snow mound that looked like it was covering a corpse possibly Jon's, is this an ominous portend or am i imagining things?

The trailer showed almost all the major characters' signature item. It also showed Arya's needle, Dany's chain, Tyrion's hand sigil, Bran's wheelchair etc. And not forgetting that beautiful feather (it has featured in two trailers now).

Me thinks its just a way of saying Winter's here baby
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2019
Na wa ooo
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
Na wa ooo awaiting this series like kilode cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 3:31am On Apr 10, 2019
While we're waiting for winter, let's revisit The Red Wedding through this song by Peter Hollens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3k4pf-Js_s
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Daeylar(f): 10:00am On Apr 10, 2019
It's just 4 days away now.
After 2 years of waiting.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2019
Welcoming myself back to this thread after almost 2 years grin
April 14 Is Coming.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2019
OK guys, so I was listening to some of game of thrones themes and I feel Rains of Castamere themes is so lovely followed by the lord of light themes...

What will be your top GOT theme if you guys are to choose??
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
Expecting more stunning battles this season. I hope the battle of Winterfell will surpass those we've seen so far. To me, the top 5 battles are

5. Battle of the Goldroads (Highgarden to Blackwater)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 2:13pm On Apr 10, 2019
4. Attack on Castle Black ( Ygritte's death still hurts)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
3. Battle of Hardhome (IMO, the only thing that made s05 worthwhile)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
2. Battle of Blackwater Bay (The show would have ended here if not for Tyrion)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
1. Battle of the Bástards (Many epic movies can't even boast of scenes half as good)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
Refresh...

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
nani6666:
Refresh...

So s05 was basically a waste of time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nymphomaniac(m): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
LeSulk:

So s05 was basically a waste of time.
basically. The battle of the bastards was really good. I think the scene where the sandsnake girls were killed was good as well..dunno what the name of the fight was. Winter is indeed here!!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 7:10am On Apr 11, 2019
Awaiting to see my crush "Arya Stark"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2019
nymphomaniac:
basically. The battle of the bastards was really good. I think the scene where the sandsnake girls were killed was good as well..dunno what the name of the fight was. Winter is indeed here!!!!

That would have been my no. 6

A real naval battle!! Euron capturing/killing Yara and the Snakes. Theon running away like the eunuch coward that he is. It was complete.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2019
LeSulk:
4. Attack on Castle Black ( Ygritte's death still hurts)
Ygtitte's death hurts? One of the best riddances if you ask me.

The others are Ned's and Caitlyn's.

Eventual ones would be Daenerys' and Jon's.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by hbogocom(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2019
HBO made it easy to Watch GOT Season 8 all episodes. Game of Thrones made a huge fan following all around the globe. Season 8 is going to be the last of the popular series. Willing to watch the final season in the series.

1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 11, 2019
Tired of waiting
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nymphomaniac(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2019
Isomerizm:
Ygtitte's death hurts? One of the best riddances if you ask me.

The others are Ned's and Caitlyn's.

Eventual ones would be Daenerys' and Jon's.
you are a SADIST! I LIKE YOU
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
This game of throne is just hitting the globe like nuclear weapon

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ussyberry(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
See what I saw on reddit

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Anita01(f): 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
Drop your numbers to be added to the game of thrones season 8 whatsap group
Now our watch begins
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dejt4u(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.