Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1097282 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
Endy10:

Bro, it's a series (or movie if you prefer that). If you are hell bent on looking for something wrong with it, you'll definitely see it.

For example when Joeffery was manhandling Sansa or when Ramsey raped Sansa, why did you write something about male dominance? why didn't you write something then when women couldn't be knights, or when Arya couldn't get her wish but had to succumb to the wishes of Ned to marry a highborn lord when she gets older. Why wasn't there outcry from you when Danywas sold to Khal Drogo? Why didn't you complain the ladies acting as whores were use anyhow by the men for their pleasure.

I said it before and I'll say it again, game of thrones is not for everybody. If you can't enjoy this lovely series for the way it is then go back and play ludo.
Sometimes I get infuriated when people raise stupid issues.
Sit down, download the series, watch it and enjoy. If it makes you angry because of some perceived nonsense, then delete it from your phone and never watch again. FINISH!

The extreme leftist feminist propaganda has two aims:
1. Making women powerful, while simultaneously making men weaker and overly subordinate to them
2. Portraying men as nothing but corrupt, rapist, misogynist and tyrannical.
GOT has been successfully in pushing this 2 agendas and I argued in my earlier post that it's becoming more obvious in the recent seasons.

Like you made mention of, all powerful male characters like Jeffrey, Ramsey, Little finger, Robert, The Khals etc have been portrayed as rapist, tyrannical, mysoginist or irredeemably corrupt. This is the aim of the propaganda; To portray men as violent, extremely dominant brutes with no moral compass. Hardly is any powerful male character portrayed as someone with good virtues. Ned and Rob fit this mould but both were killed off early. You also made mention of the fact that women couldn't be knights and that women were regarded as property. This fits perfectly in line with the aims of extreme leftist feminist propaganda: To represent the world as a Patriarchal environment that's anti-women.

In the extreme leftist feminist view, the world is an anti-female terrain controlled by powerful mysogynist men who regard women as their property. This is the view that was portrayed in the early seasons. Now what we are getting is what the extreme feminists regard as a solution to this world, that's why you have women given so much power at the expense of men. That's why women are portrayed as bad ass, strong and smart while men are portrayed as subordinate to women. The writers of GOT even take this agenda a step further by emasculating any male that is to have good virtues either by cutting off their balls, like Varys, Grey worm and Theon, making them disabled like Jaime and Bran, making them HALF-MEN like Tyrion or making them fat and physically weak like Sam. Like I said before, Jon is the only powerful character who possess good virtues but he is always demeaned for his height, not being man enough, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing, and most importantly notice that he always says that he isn't interested in power.

If anyone thinks I'm just ranting crap then you really need to open your eyes and see. Movies & TV shows aren't just for entertainment purposes. They are also used as tools to shape the mass consciousness of the public & to push large scale agendas. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy GOT, of course I do, and I think it's one of the best shows ever made in terms of it's production quality, but all this doesn't prevent me from being able to identify conspicuous themes when I happen to spot them.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
Seun:

There is no reason for Dany to see Jon as a serious threat. She knows that he is clinically honorable and would keep his promise to bend the knee even if it kills him. Also, he doesn’t have any hunger for power. He just wants to help people.

Besides that, Dany is lonely. She thought she was the last Targaryen, but now it seems that she is not alone. Why would she terminate the only family she has?

Finally, Jon and Dany are in love. If Dany wins the throne, Jon will be her king. If Jon wins the throne, Dany will be his queen. So it doesn’t really matter.

A good reason for Dany to give up the Iron throne would be so that she can go back to the free cities and rule there, where she is loved by all the slaves she freed, instead of staying in Westeros where she is only feared. However, if she plays a key role in defeating the night king, Westeros might love her just as much.

It is Jon that westeroes will love abi?

Jon won’t be her king .

We can agree to disagree .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
oyetpel:

I think it's because hers was adapted into a cinema movie while GRRM's own is TV series, and i think GoT should be the highest grossing tv series of all time if there's anything like that.
Yes. GOT is , should be sha, the highest grossing tv series of all time. It's the most pirated TV series of all time. Season 8 premiere broke new grounds. I haven't checked the exact figures but i'm guessing it should be the highest grossing of all time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by MOBBDEEP: 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
Blockdock90:

1. Making women powerful, while simultaneously making men weaker and overly subordinate to them
GOT has been successfully in pushing this 2 agendas and I argued in my earlier post that it's becoming more obvious in the recent seasons.

Like you made mention of, all powerful male characters like Jeffrey, Ramsey, Little finger, Robert, The Khals etc have been portrayed as rapist, tyrannical, mysoginist or irredeemably corrupt. Hardly is any powerful male character portrayed as someone with good virtues. Ned and Rob fit this mould but both were killed off early.

In the e. The writers of GOT even take this agenda a step further by emasculating any male that is to have good virtues either by cutting off their balls, like Varys, Grey worm and Theon, or by making them disabled like Jaime and Bran, making them HALF-Men like Tyrion or making them fat and physically weak like Sam. Like I said before, Jon is the only powerful character who possess good virtues but he is always demeaned for his height, not being man enough, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing.

f course I do, and I think it's one of the best shows ever made in terms of production quality, but all this doesn't prevent me from being able to identify .

How do folks get to cook filths like this?
Jeez!, this is tad a distance away from delusional ruminations!
Seeing things which aren't there!
Haba!!!

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Daeylar(f): 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
Magnifico2000:
#Gotfacts by Magnificodrive.

1. Do you know that Arya and Tyrion never had any dialogue throughout the show?

3. Do you know that Cersei and Ser Bronn signed an agreement never to have any dialogue on the show? They used to be lovers but had a bad breakup.

4. Do you know that Tyrion, Cersei, Jamie, Dany and Jon snow are the highest paid people on the show.

shocked shocked shocked
Serious? And I never noticed?
That's what happens when a show has a lot of characters.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

She believes Danny and her allies will finish the night king before he attempts to go south and she’ll deal with what’s left of Danny and her allies .
Yea thought as much. The plan does make sense. Maybe its simplicity & her over-confidence is what has me wondering if maybe... maybe ... there's more. Time will tell.

Would be totally mad though, if the NK decides to split formation instead. His SARS team lay seige at Winterfell, while he & some special forces branch to King's landing for more recruits.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ksslib:
The annoying thing about this leak is that it came from Amazon prime Germany. How can you be showing credits of Season 8 premiere then booooom, you transition to Episode 2?

The painful thing is that instead of the viewers to gasp, quickly switch it off & wait for the rest of the world, they sat down and watched like the traitors they are.

Like how do you just watch an episode of GOT you never prepared for sef? How does your brain even work sef? Is something wrong with you? Are you possessed?

I had to mentally prepare myself for the Season premiere. Took my bath, had a haircut & wore suit & cover shoe before climbing my bed to watch.

I remember calling my Indian Guruji , Prakash, to check if my Zodiac alignment & rotation of the moon aligns.
I began watching the first episode of season 7 only after he confirmed that lord Shiva gives me the go-ahead.
[img]https://media1./images/9c2487fcb8fa4a995dca50c3cdba8c01/tenor.gif?itemid=10321174[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
Blockdock90:

Like you made mention of, all powerful male characters like Jeffrey, Ramsey, Little finger, Robert, The Khals etc have been portrayed as rapist, tyrannical, mysoginist or irredeemably corrupt. This is the aim of the propaganda; To portray men as violent, extremely dominant brutes with no moral compass. Hardly is any powerful male character portrayed as someone with good virtues. Ned and Rob fit this mould but both were killed off early. You also made mention of the fact that women couldn't be knights and that women were regarded as property. This fits perfectly in line with the aims of extreme leftist feminist propaganda: To represent the world as a Patriarchal environment that's anti-women.

In the extreme leftist feminist view, the world is an anti-female terrain controlled by powerful mysogynist men who regard women as their property. This is the view that was portrayed in the early seasons. Now what we are getting is what the extreme feminists regard as a solution to this world, that's why you have women given so much power at the expense of men. That's why women are portrayed as bad ass, strong and smart while men are portrayed as subordinate to women. The writers of GOT even take this agenda a step further by emasculating any male that is to have good virtues either by cutting off their balls, like Varys, Grey worm and Theon, making them disabled like Jaime and Bran, making them HALF-MEN like Tyrion or making them fat and physically weak like Sam. Like I said before, Jon is the only powerful character who possess good virtues but he is always demeaned for his height, not being man enough, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing.

If anyone thinks I'm just ranting crap then you really need to open your eyes and see. Movies & TV shows aren't just for entertainment purposes. They are also used as tools to shape the mass consciousness of the public & to push large scale agendas. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy GOT, of course I do, and I think it's one of the best shows ever made in terms of it's production quality, but all this doesn't prevent me from being able to identify conspicuous themes when I happen to spot them.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
Blockdock90:

Like you made mention of, all powerful male characters like Jeffrey, Ramsey, Little finger, Robert, The Khals etc have been portrayed as rapist, tyrannical, mysoginist or irredeemably corrupt. This is the aim of the propaganda; To portray men as violent, extremely dominant brutes with no moral compass. Hardly is any powerful male character portrayed as someone with good virtues. Ned and Rob fit this mould but both were killed off early. You also made mention of the fact that women couldn't be knights and that women were regarded as property. This fits perfectly in line with the aims of extreme leftist feminist propaganda: To excessively highlight these sorts of issues present the world as a place that's anti-women.

In the extreme leftist feminist view, the world is an anti-female terrain controlled by powerful mysogynist men who regard women as their property. This is the view that was portrayed in the early seasons. Now what we are getting is what the extreme feminists regard as a solution to this world, that's why you have women given so much power at the expense of men. That's why women are portrayed as bad ass, strong and smart while men are portrayed as subordinate to women. The writers of GOT even take this agenda a step further by emasculating any male that is to have good virtues either by cutting off their balls, like Varys, Grey worm and Theon, making them disabled like Jaime and Bran, making them HALF-Men like Tyrion or making them fat and physically weak like Sam. Like I said before, Jon is the only powerful character who possess good virtues but he is always demeaned for his height, not being man enough, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing.

If anyone thinks I'm just ranting crap then you really need to open your eyes and see. Movies & TV shows aren't just for entertainment purposes. They are also used as tools to shape the mass consciousness of the public & to push large scale agendas.
This doesn't mean I don't enjoy GOT, of course I do, and I think it's one of the best shows ever made in terms of it's production quality, but all this doesn't prevent me from being able to identify conspicuous themes when I happen to spot them.

Well said. We noticed it a long time ago. A lot do not discuss it because they just want to enjoy the show.

Let's do small roll call of the remaining men grin :

Jorah - Love whipped, family heritage gone. cry
Theon - No pericarp, family position forfeited. cry
Jamie - Unmarried, disabled, intercourse with sister. cry
Tormund - Crass, ruffian, Uncultured, not much honour. cry
Tyrion - Half man, suddenly unsmart, big family name gone. cry
Davos - Honourable, bit coward, natural subordinate. undecided
Jon - Has every good man thing, bent the knee, not bothered by any throne. cool
Varys - No balls therefore inferiority complex. cry
Sam - Smart, physically weak. cry
Greyworm - Very good honorable man, no pericarp. cry

All of them are subordinates yet they've seen more wars and had way more experience.
Almost perfect men like Tywin, Ned, Rob, Oberyn...long gone.

Funny thing is the story is still wonderful...show is still the best ever.

After everything i take solace in the fact that this deep movement/feminist propaganda has no effect yet in my own real world. (I still stop and park on the road to help a lady change her tyre....never ever seen one jack her car up).
By the time the radical leftist feminism starts manifesting in my everyday life, i hope my watch must have ended.

Enjoy the show..that's primary.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BoleAndFish: 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2019
luxanne:

There is only one person I know that comes up with weird moniker as this.
And that is?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2019
MOBBDEEP:

How do folks get to cook filths like this?
Jeez!, this is tad a distance away from delusional ruminations!
Seeing things which aren't there!
Haba!!!

If you are going to call me delusional and refer to my opinion as filth then you should back your aspersions with proper rebuttals of my argument. Which of the things that I highlighted isn't really there? GOT isn't the first show that I'm seeing his sort of propaganda in. I watch Nickelodeon occasionally with my kids and I've noticed the theme of strong & smart mother, dumb & goofy dad. I've noticed this in over 6 different shows for it to be just a coincidence. The western media and film industry is disproportionally constituted by Leftists, some of which fall on the extreme left of the spectrum and who silently or openly endorse the sorts of extreme feminist agendas I made mention of, that's why it's becoming rampant in movies that are consumed by lots of people, especially young people. Another example is the recent disney movie Frozen which has received criticism for it's "False Feminism" propaganda: https://medium.com/disney-and-animation/the-problem-with-false-feminism-7c0bbc7252ef

Rewatch the last episode of GOT and pay close attention to the one on one male-female interaction: In every instance the male is playing the subordinate role. The female is bold, carrying herself with confidence and with a dominant body language, while the facial expression of the male is lacking in confidence and the body language indicates submission. The only exception is the Jon and Danny scene at the end.

I'm not saying I hate when women are occupying dominant and powerful roles. I have daughters and I want them to grow up to be strong and powerful women. All I'm saying is that if women are to be portrayed as dominant and powerful it shouldn't be be done at the expense of men.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
Blockdock90:

In the extreme leftist feminist view, the world is an anti-female terrain controlled by powerful mysogynist men who regard women as their property. This is the view that was portrayed in the early seasons. Now what we are getting is what the extreme feminists regard as a solution to this world, that's why you have women given so much power at the expense of men. That's why women are portrayed as bad ass, strong and smart while men are portrayed as subordinate to women. The writers of GOT even take this agenda a step further by emasculating any male that is to have good virtues either by cutting off their balls, like Varys, Grey worm and Theon, making them disabled like Jaime and Bran, making them HALF-MEN like Tyrion or making them fat and physically weak like Sam. Like I said before, Jon is the only powerful character who possess good virtues but he is always demeaned for his height, not being man enough, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing, and most importantly notice that he always says that he isn't interested in power.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
According to seun ,Danny should go and rule the free cities .

Let Jon go and rule over river lands na

After someone struggled her whole life for the iron throne ,she should surrounder everything to Jon because he’s male . Jon is a good leader according to mr seun , na danny no be good leader abi ?

The only reason most of you don’t want danny on that throne is because she’s a woman and y’all are misogynistic pigs who don’t believe women should be what men are supposed to be.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
meforkene:

Well said. We noticed it a long time ago. A lot do not discuss it because they just want to enjoy the show.

Let's do small roll call of the remaining men grin :

Jorah - Love whipped, family heritage gone. cry
Theon - No pericarp, family position forfeited. cry
Jamie - Unmarried, disabled, intercourse with sister. cry
Tormund - Crass, ruffian, Uncultured, not much honour. cry
Tyrion - Half man, suddenly unsmart, big family name gone. cry
Davos - Honourable, bit coward, natural subordinate. undecided
Jon - Has every good man thing, bent the knee, not bothered by any throne. cool
Varys - No balls therefore inferiority complex. cry
Sam - Smart, physically weak. cry
Greyworm - Very good honorable man, no pericarp. cry

All of them are subordinates yet they've seen more wars and had way more experience.
Almost perfect men like Tywin, Ned, Rob, Oberyn...long gone.

Funny thing is the story is still wonderful...show is still the best ever.

After everything i take solace in the fact that this deep movement/feminist propaganda has no effect yet in my own real world. (I still stop and park on the road to help a lady change her tyre....never ever seen one jack her car up).
By the time the radical leftist feminism starts manifesting in my everyday life, i hope my watch must have ended.

Enjoy the show..that's primary.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nymphomaniac(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2019
Enjoy the show. The whole feminist talk is true but now tiring. Can't wait for episode 3 to air.

What is dead may never die.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by manny4u(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

After someone struggled her whole life for the iron throne ,she should surrounder everything to Jon because he’s male . Jon is a good leader according to mr seun , na danny no be good leader abi ?

The only reason most of you don’t want danny on that throne is because she’s a woman and y’all are misogynistic pigs who don’t believe women should be what men are supposed to be.

you were making a valid argument, and then all of a sudden you went overboard by calling anybody who has a contrary view to yours 'a misogynist pig'. well it seems like constructive and mature argument is not for someone like you. maybe you should learn how to respect other people's views while putting yours forward or don't get involved in arguments at all, it not for you.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamharkinwaley: 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
Please I need the book Nah, please guys......
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
manny4u:

you were making a valid argument, and then all of a sudden you went overboard by calling anybody who has a contrary view to yours 'a misogynist pig'. well it seems like constructive and mature argument is not for someone like you. maybe you should learn how to respect other people's views while putting yours forward or don't get involved in arguments at all, it not for you.

Another misogynist on the loose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

First of all, Seun was proposing a theory. Not making a decree. But if you want to get all triggered, go ahead.
Second, calling us all misogynistic pigs because we don't want Dany on the throne is a load of crap. We could as well call you misandrist for not wanting Jon on the throne.
Las las you go dey alright

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

She shouldn't surrender the throne to Jon because Jon is male, she should surrender it because Jon is the actual heir of the throne since the former heir was his father. Danny knows this, so I wonder why she had to make the statement "Last male heir," as if her gender in relation to Jon's is the primary thing that would make her unqualified for the throne.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by manny4u(m): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

Another misogynist on the loose
You need to grow up......

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2019
manny4u:

You need to grow up......
Says someone probably in his early twenties grin

My friend go and find your mates . Misogynist

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by manny4u(m): 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
Fadedvoices2:
Lolzzzzzz!!!!!! ���������� One bolt to loose of your head.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
AryaSand:

I will use my anus and swear for you o angry angry angry angry
now that is just plain cold shocked
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
Sasquatch:
What if the Night King is actually headed to Kings Landing whilst his army is attacking Winterfell - grabbing himself an easy million + extra wights?

Hear me out...

The Night King isn’t the traditional villain he actually has won every battle he was in. His extremely calculative when it comes to his every move, no move seems to be unplanned.

Dany:

Dany had a vision of Kings Landing in complete ruin with snow...the place was deserted, not a single soul in sight. Before season 7 I use to think that Dany herself would destroy Kings Landing because she said that she is going to destroy the wheel..

Night King gets a dragon. Changes everything.

Bran:

Bran has a vision of a dragon flying over Kings Landing - again, I use to think that this was Dany until he got a dragon.

Bran said the Nights King can see where he is, what if unknowingly to Bran he can also access Brans memories thus revealing their plans?

One dragon vs two isn’t a risk I think the Night King would stupidly take. It makes no sense for him to put himself up against those odds.

Thoughts?
I concur
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
[quote author=Endy10 post=77816656][/quote]

Why you dey look me like that na? grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ksslib:
Dear Night King, I just hope & pray..... that for all the trouble these characters & we the viewers have gone through, your reason for all thissssssss... all thissssssss... doesn't end up something petty that could have been discussed over a bottle of beer & roasted dragon ribs..

Cos ehn I swear... I swear!!!
Walahi! You and i should have a round at Alayaya's on me one of these days.......
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

You see this type? They are the foot soldiers of that trending propaganda.

Completely dangerous eunuchs...little or no testosterone. Ndi ncha. grin undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2019
meforkene:

Why you dey look me like that na? grin

Lol
E Don tey wey I Don wan use that pishure
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
Endy10:

Lol
E Don tey wey I Don wan use that pishure

You come just randomly throw am for my face.

Endy abeg yarn...i know say you wan yarn and you dey like yarn. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
Abeg make we no fight oo. Make we no start war of seven kings for here.

I understand that when people don't see things from our point of view, we tend to get frustrated and angry. But please, let it not result into name calling.

For me, if I have a discussion with someone and he/she doesn't see things from my own perspective, even after so many points, I withdraw.

Even if you are right, some people still won't conform to your ideologies.

I enjoy the banter. Let's not turn it to quarrel... Abeg.

Na Game of thrones drag all of us come here.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by MOBBDEEP: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2019
Blockdock90:

If you are going to call me delusional and refer to my opinion as filth then you should back your aspersions with proper rebuttals of my argument. Which of the things that I highlighted isn't really there? GOT isn't the first show that I'm seeing his sort of propaganda in. I watch Nickelodeon occasionally with my kids and I've noticed the theme of strong & smart mother, dumb & goofy dad. I've noticed this in over 6 different shows for it to be just a coincidence. The western media and film industry is disproportionally constituted by Leftists, some of which fall on the extreme left of the spectrum and who silently or openly endorse the sorts of extreme feminist agendas I made mention of, that's why it's becoming rampant in movies that are consumed by lots of people, especially young people. Another example is the recent disney movie Frozen which has received criticism for it's "False Feminism" propaganda: https://medium.com/disney-and-animation/the-problem-with-false-feminism-7c0bbc7252ef

Rewatch the last episode of GOT and pay close attention to the one on one male-female interaction: In every instance the male is playing the subordinate role. The female is bold, carrying herself with confidence and with a dominant body language, while the facial expression of the male is lacking in confidence and the body language indicates submission. The only exception is the Jon and Danny scene at the end.

I'm not saying I hate when women are occupying dominant and powerful roles. I have daughters and I want them to grow up to be strong and powerful women. All I'm saying is that if women are to be portrayed as dominant and powerful it shouldn't be be done at the expense of men.

Like I said, a mind sees what it seeks to see
Perception is hugely shaped by the mindset
And the reasoning by its leanings
Let's be mindful of our mindset

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.