Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1094225 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by EncephalonPikin(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2019
GRIMMJOE:
I hate the feminism in this show they just keep ruining it for me,How comes non of the female character have a weeks,like being an imp,crippled, decapitated,burnt face,balless Oops they don't have one to being with,but the show seems to forget that...trash absolute trash , A man selling his birth right for a targaryen pussy,lol

Abeg e don do. Stop bringing sh1t up

9 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vincixpresso: 8:52am On Apr 27, 2019
The crypt of winterfell is not safe. The night king will [probably] raise all the dead starks buried in winterfell, and they will start slaying those hiding there
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2019
vincixpresso:
The crypt of winterfell is not safe. The night king will [probably] raise all the dead starks buried in winterfell, and they will start slaying those hiding there

That's creepy! Is john not supposed to know that? Didn't he watch the night king raise dead people back to life during their last fight? Yeah I forgot, John snow knows nothing

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vincixpresso: 8:58am On Apr 27, 2019
geezyk:
Something still baffles me, in Season 7 when Jon captured the wight and took him to kings landing as proof to Cercei about the imminent threat the Night walkers brings.

Going back to the North, I thought the Wall was built so as to protect the Northerners from the magick of the Night king, then, how does a wight survive down South when the magick of the Night king can't go over the wall?

Wouldn't it be easy peasy for the Night King to cross over the Wall without even needing a dragon to bring it down, and how could the Night King's magick survive that far out even when it's not within his range.

There is a difference between a wight and a white walker. The magic was against white walkers

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 9:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Play play don end

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 9:33am On Apr 27, 2019
bond77:

maybe you can shed more light on the bolded.
Now whats my point?
Most of the bullshit Hollywood sell to viewers usually pass through stages and build-ups until it eventually turn to norms in which some have no option than to accept it without compulsion. so many years ago we usually frown at gay scenes portrayed in móvies. but today people are embracing it with open arms (even in the nollywood industries though they do it in secret) and this hás distorted some peoples moral code are they are begininng to explore it to their detriment.
how is this possible? movie producers continue to feature this in their móvies in a subtle form until we start to see it as nothing bad.
same goes with feminism it is presently building up, its the spur of the moment. and watch it in few years time, the world would embrace it wholeheartedly by then it would be to late to start asking how we got it wrong again.

I'm not one of those who embrace gay scenes in movies. In fact, I stopped watching some series because of this.

No one is disputing the fact that "some shows" try to pass some subtle messages in their shows. But as Ksslib rightly stated, we humans sometimes tend to exhibit conscious intelligence and selective dumbnes. Even if they pass these messages to us, the decision to accept it still lies with us.

For me Ignore them. But if I see it's getting to much I stop watching the series. (I just couldn't bear the nonsense on super girl)

Most people blame 'society' but society is made up of people like you and me. If we all take responsibility for our actions, the world would be a better place.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2019
echibuogwu:
you are a bit wrong. Ned Stark didn’t believe the story the guy told , If Ned Stark had believed him he wouldn’t have murdered him.

Honour.. .That was Ned's keyword. The only time he deviated was when he lied to protect his daughters.

Like kay9 said, the beheading was for deserting...not because of the story...deserting. There were other actions the brother of the nights watch could have taken, the first being report the incident to the Lord Commander. But he didn't, he chose to run.

There are other brothers of the nights watch that saw the wights and the Nights king (Ed) and they didn't break their vow.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2019
kay9:

It's a TV show, not a movie. And no, they are not the same thing.

In my opinion, the character most worthy of emulation was Tywin Lannister. Apart from the unfortunate blind-eye he turned to the incest between his children, his every other action is a textbook for how a real man ought to think, talk, and act.

Tywin ? He's a monster.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simi4me(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2019
vincixpresso:
The crypt of winterfell is not safe. The night king will raise all the dead starks buried in winterfell, and they will start slaying those hiding there

The crypt was built with magic to keep the dead that are buried in their grave and the white walkers from getting in.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2019
echibuogwu:
wildlings has always been one of the major reasons why the wall was built along side white walkers and the undead, but most people considered the story of the white walkers as rumor and moonlight tales until now.

No.
There are some things you wouldn't know about game of thrones if you watch the show alone, unless you really pay attention to the conversations.

The main purpose for the wall was because of the white walkers.

Read the books and you'll understand a lot. I did when I read ASOIAF. Presently reading GRRM other books

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2019
vincixpresso:

Tyron, Sam and a lot of people will die protecting the women and kids, because as u can see at the end if episode2, the night king was not with his soldiers as usual because he is already in winterfell going to the crypts to raise the dead starks

Ta! That is not the reason why he is not with his soldiers. The night king has bigger plans than hiding so he could raise the dead in the crypt. How many dead people are in the crypt by the way? A handful?

The night king will be attacking kings landing. He is a strategist mind you? Killing Cersei's 20,000 mercenaries and raising them back to life to lead them back to the North is more like it. With his dragon it is easy to burn kings landing

The dead in the crypt will not happen in this episode as the night king will be away fighting Cersei armies.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2019
larride:

I don’t know about the book but in the TV series. Jon Snow is head and shoulder above everyone in the series when it comes to choosing someone as role model.

Jon is portrayed like a saint. Everyone keep saying he knows nothing because he act so pure. Jon was killed by his brothers of the night watch because he allow the free-folks south of the wall (the right thing to do by the way). If not anything the scene in Kings Landing when they went to meet Cersei settled the issue. Yes, the night King is coming. Yes, winter is here. Yes, they need as many armies as they can get but Jon will rather tell Cersei the truth than to lie and backstab her later.

Do you even know why everyone Jon has met loves him and want him to lead? Man does not concern himself with titles or want no throne, he just want to do the right thing and fight for his people.

"A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall
of ice, and filled the air with sweetness." ~ Dany, HotU.
Symbolism of Jon Snow.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2019
Kceefresh19:
Did Tyrion's LovePeddler ever love him? I can't remember her name
Show Shae loved Tyrion.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 10:23am On Apr 27, 2019
echibuogwu:
wildlings has always been one of the major reasons why the wall was built along side white walkers and the undead, but most people considered the story of the white walkers as rumor and moonlight tales until now.
They were never a reason, the wall had magic to keep out the dead
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Gbola5:

Tywin ? He's a monster.

A monster? Yes.
A formidable warrior and master planner in his youth? Definitely.
Tywin is a legend. . .he rebuilt the Lannister name.
The only wrong he did I can't forgive was how he treated Tyrion.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by abuhson(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2019
Yonce:

A monster? Yes.

Of all people in an 8 season long series the only person you is worth calling a legend is Tywin....I wanted to say things that came to my mind but I will leave you to ur plight and pray for Healing obviously you have a problem....

GOT can't help

Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 10:58am On Apr 27, 2019
Yonce:

A monster? Yes.

Please tell them. People don't have respect again.

Infact close your eyes all of you and think of the Iron Throne...Tywin Lannister would fit there without blemish like he was born in it.

Yeah they can call him monster because of the way he treated Tyrion but don't forget the man is complete levels. Not a single soul had a thing on him.

Joffrey dey do strong head king, his hand Tywin sent him to sleep with some 'essence of the nightshade'.

A Legend. No one can and would ever command the charisma he had.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 11:01am On Apr 27, 2019
The entire Kings Landing totally lost 'parental guidance' from the day Tywin died.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 11:09am On Apr 27, 2019
kenturkish:

They were never a reason, the wall had magic to keep out the dead
nobody knew about that magic till Benjamin told Bram.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2019
Endy10:

No.
There are some things you wouldn't know about game of thrones if you watch the show alone, unless you really pay attention to the conversations.

The main purpose for the wall was because of the white walkers.

Read the books and you'll understand a lot. I did when I read ASOIAF. Presently reading GRRM other books
that wall was built thousands of years ago, yes the main purpose of the wall is to keep the walkers away but with time the walkers were seen as myth by most people and none of the night watch knew about the magic casted on the wall. It’s just like how they tell us dragons and dinosaurs used to exist before going into extinction, till now many people consider it as a myth, esp the dragons story, I don’t believe dragons ever existed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 11:25am On Apr 27, 2019
Endy10:

Honour.. .That was Ned's keyword. The only time he deviated was when he lied to protect his daughters.

Like kay9 said, the beheading was for deserting...not because of the story...deserting. There were other actions the brother of the nights watch could have taken, the first being report the incident to the Lord Commander. But he didn't, he chose to run.

There are other brothers of the nights watch that saw the wights and the Nights king (Ed) and they didn't break their vow.
he was the first according to the show and I’m not disputing the fact that Ned beheaded him for abandoning his duty, what I’m saying is that if he had gotten proof to show the night King really existed and showed it to Ned, Ned wouldn’t have beheaded him instead he would have done what Jon is doing now, Ned saw the story as a lie made up by the man for deserting his post. Just imagine you sent someone on an important errand and he runs back to u telling you he couldn’t carry out the errand because he saw a dinosaur on the road, will you believe such,? U would have considered it as a flimsy excuse.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Yonce:

A monster? Yes.
u can’t blame him for that, Tyrion was seen as a weakling and not worthy to him
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 11:32am On Apr 27, 2019
Night king will raise all the dead in the crypts ...blah blah

How many people are even buried in the crypt? Surely not upto 100 so they don’t pose any fvcking threat.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:42am On Apr 27, 2019
abuhson:

Of all people in an 8 season long series the only person you is worth calling a legend is Tywin....I wanted to say things that came to my mind but I will leave you to ur plight and pray for Healing obviously you have a problem....

GOT can't help

Hmmmmmm

Tywin's story doesn't start on GOT. grin
You should check out his backstory. You'd be amazed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 11:43am On Apr 27, 2019
That’s enough threat for old men and women, children, disabled
Fadedvoices2:
Night king will raise all the dead in the crypts ...blah blah

How many people are even buried in the crypt? Surely not upto 100 so they don’t pose any fvcking threat.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2019
echibuogwu:
That’s enough threat for old men and women, children, disabled

Not to mention all the dead Starks still holding their swords with their direwolves at their feet. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 11:57am On Apr 27, 2019
Kceefresh19:
Did Tyrion's LovePeddler ever love him?
I can't remember her name

Shae I think she did, but he said some very hurtful stuff to her to make her leave Kings Landing but it backfired really as she tried to convict him with her bias testimonies. Well hell truly has no fury...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by abuhson(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
Yonce:

Tywin's story doesn't start on GOT. grin
You should check out his backstory. You'd be amazed

Lolzz but I will stick to GOT plot too much of book go lead to what you just did and say...

That's why there is a book and there is a movie not everything in the book are in the movie even though most but movie is movie book is book...

Let's not spoil the fun
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
Gbola5:

Tywin ? He's a monster.

He was. And yet he singlehandedly saved his family from becoming a complete laughing-stock throughout the Seven Kingdoms, and made it into the most formidable House in all of Westeros. And then, of course, Cercei trashed it all after his death.

Tywin was certainly not a "good" man, and even worse father. He was ruthless and merciless. But he was fair to loyal subordinates, and put his family above all else. Tywin Lannister was the textbook example of how to rule, emphasis on the word RULE.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
larride:

I don’t know about the book but in the TV series. Jon Snow is head and shoulder above everyone in the series when it comes to choosing someone as role model.

Jon is portrayed like a saint. Everyone keep saying he knows nothing because he act so pure. Jon was killed by his brothers of the night watch because he allow the free-folks south of the wall (the right thing to do by the way). If not anything the scene in Kings Landing when they went to meet Cersei settled the issue. Yes, the night King is coming. Yes, winter is here. Yes, they need as many armies as they can get but Jon will rather tell Cersei the truth than to lie and backstab her later.

Do you even know why everyone Jon has met loves him and want him to lead? Man does not concern himself with titles or want no throne, he just want to do the right thing and fight for his people.

Jon Snow? Not me. Jon Snow inspires loyalty, no doubt, but so did Robb Stark - even grandfathers seasoned in war and lordship followed the Young Wolf. And what did he do? Let his honour and emotions take over his head. Exactly same as Jon Snow.

I will rather have a mixture of Tywin Lannister and Ned Stark.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
larride:

Jon Snow? Not me. Jon Snow inspires loyalty, no doubt, but so did Robb Stark - even grandfathers seasoned in war and lordship followed the Young Wolf. And what did he do? Let his honour and emotions take over his head. Exactly same as Jon Snow.

I will rather have a mixture of Tywin Lannister and Ned Stark. At least Ned's only weakness was his honour, he never let his emotions overrule his reasoning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.