Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088586 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
echibuogwu:
bros, I no Dey talk according to the book, I Dey talk according to the movie.

The show is an adaptation of the books. You can't just cast it aside.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Thegamingorca(m): 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Fadedvoices2:
According to seun ,Danny should go and rule the free cities .

Let Jon go and rule over river lands na

After someone struggled her whole life for the iron throne ,she should surrounder everything to Jon because he’s male . Jon is a good leader according to mr seun , na danny no be good leader abi ?

The only reason most of you don’t want danny on that throne is because she’s a woman and y’all are misogynistic pigs who don’t believe women should be what men are supposed to be.
grin
He's the chosen one
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
Endy10:

yes but there were some modifications...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
echibuogwu:
that’s not the argument bro

The argument is ....if the wall had magic, what other magic is out there that can pull it down? Blue flame from the dragon?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Fadedvoices2:
According to seun ,Danny should go and rule the free cities .

Let Jon go and rule over river lands na

After someone struggled her whole life for the iron throne ,she should surrounder everything to Jon because he’s male . Jon is a good leader according to mr seun , na danny no be good leader abi ?

The only reason most of you don’t want danny on that throne is because she’s a woman and y’all are misogynistic pigs who don’t believe women should be what men are supposed to be.
Seems there's something wrong with your comprehension skills,when we were told Jon's the true heir to the throne.

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Psady(m): 12:33am On Apr 28, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
GRIMMJOE:
Seems there's something wrong with your comprehension skills,when we were told Jon's the true heir to the throne.
Danny fan,abeg leave him/her let the show be the judge.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 12:36am On Apr 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
then why were they fighting off the wildlings, why were the wildlings not allowed to pass through the wall
after 8000 years the watch forgot why the wall was raised.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 4:09am On Apr 28, 2019
melodyogonna:

after 8000 years the watch forgot why the wall was raised.
God bless you broda. Exactly what I was trying to explain to them. The wall is filled up with condemned people, most of them have no idea why they are even guarding the wall, they saw it as a punishment for their crimes.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 4:55am On Apr 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
then why were they fighting off the wildlings, why were the wildlings not allowed to pass through the wall
If you watch the show well or perhaps you've read the books, they put up the wall cos of the dead, but over thousands of years they forgot about the dead. And focused on Wi ldlings, most of the wild folks have the blood of the 1st men, same with Starks. The wall wasn't built with men in mind, it was cos of the dead
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 5:03am On Apr 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
God bless you broda. Exactly what I was trying to explain to them. The wall is filled up with condemned people, most of them have no idea why they are even guarding the wall, they saw it as a punishment for their crimes.
You've basically agreed with all I have been saying. The wall wasn't built with men in mind, it was built cos of the blue eyed demons
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 5:23am On Apr 28, 2019
GRIMMJOE:
That guy/girl has a breathtaking way of saying nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 5:44am On Apr 28, 2019
GRIMMJOE:
I hate the feminism in this show they just keep ruining it for me,How comes non of the female character have a weeks,like being an imp,crippled, decapitated,burnt face,balless Oops they don't have one to being with,but the show seems to forget that...trash absolute trash , A man selling his birth right for a targaryen pussy,lol
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or... But
You seem to have forgotten when women were raped, beaten, starved, paraded naked, portrayed as prostitutes, have a disfigured face and even burnt on a stake. So?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 5:52am On Apr 28, 2019
Eberex:

The argument is ....if the wall had magic, what other magic is out there that can pull it down? Blue flame from the dragon?

IMO
The wall had magic to stop the white walkers and Night king from crossing, but I feel the power of the Night king over the wall was becoming stronger (maybe due to the day old babies that was been sacrificed) which is what was turning dead men to wights even south of the wall, something that wasn't happening before.

The pulling down of the wall was just to allow easy flow of the dead troops... The magic that didn't allow the white walkers in was destroyed the moment Bran allowed The Night King touched him (thereby leaving his mark on him). For the first time they were also able to enter the cave of the little children and destroy the Three Eye Raven's enclave.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 5:52am On Apr 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
he was the first according to the show and I’m not disputing the fact that Ned beheaded him for abandoning his duty, what I’m saying is that if he had gotten proof to show the night King really existed and showed it to Ned, Ned wouldn’t have beheaded him instead he would have done what Jon is doing now, Ned saw the story as a lie made up by the man for deserting his post. Just imagine you sent someone on an important errand and he runs back to u telling you he couldn’t carry out the errand because he saw a dinosaur on the road, will you believe such,? U would have considered it as a flimsy excuse.
Having an excuse for a crime does not absolve you of a crime. If he had evidence to support his claims, he should gone back to the nights watch instead of Running further away from the wall.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 5:54am On Apr 28, 2019
Yonce:

Tywin's story doesn't start on GOT. grin
You should check out his backstory. You'd be amazed
It doesn't FUC*KING matter. Anything that is not shown on the show does not matter

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 5:56am On Apr 28, 2019
kay9:

Jon Snow? Not me. Jon Snow inspires loyalty, no doubt, but so did Robb Stark - even grandfathers seasoned in war and lordship followed the Young Wolf. And what did he do? Let his honour and emotions take over his head. Exactly same as Jon Snow.

I will rather have a mixture of Tywin Lannister and Ned Stark.
Imo, Tywin will make a better leader than Ned Stark
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 6:04am On Apr 28, 2019
Endy10:

Wow!
What next could be a weakness in certain situations? The truth? Strength? Courage? Morality? Loyalty?...Every good thing?
Yes.
All these things you mentioned can be a weakness for someone who has a one track mind.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 6:08am On Apr 28, 2019
Endy10:

You can and you should. The two of them are different and separate. When a book is adapted to show, the two of them become separate. You can't excuse a plot hole or a poorly executed plot from the show simply because the details are in the book. It is the work of the show runners to ensure that the relevant details are in the show. Shikina

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 6:12am On Apr 28, 2019
I really hope that Jon Snow never gets to sit on the Iron Throne no matter what happens. I'll even prefer Cerci to remain there than for John to ascend the throne. Birth right be dammed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Rilwayne001: 6:18am On Apr 28, 2019
Gmajor:
I really hope that Jon Snow never gets to sit on the Iron Throne no matter what happens. I'll even prefer Cerci to remain there than for John to ascend the throne. Birth right be dammed

You're entitled to your warped opinion. grin

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:15am On Apr 28, 2019
Eberex:

Finish your talk na. What significant please?
theory is, to make sure the dead and vengeful stay dead
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:27am On Apr 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
because after thousands of years without a white Walker showing up, the night's watch and the realm forgot who the real enemy was and the enemy devolved into fables for scaring naughty children and night time stories
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 7:34am On Apr 28, 2019
Gmajor:

Having an excuse for a crime does not absolve you of a crime. If he had evidence to support his claims, he should gone back to the nights watch instead of Running further away from the wall.
he wasn’t a soldier, the night watch wouldn’t have believed him either, he didn’t survive the white walkers attack, he was spared, he saw himself as a lucky and he did what any man would do.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2019
Cybertext:

IMO
The wall had magic to stop the white walkers and Night king from crossing, but I feel the power of the Night king over the wall was becoming stronger (maybe due to the day old babies that was been sacrificed) which is what was turning dead men to wights even south of the wall, something that wasn't happening before.

The pulling down of the wall was just to allow easy flow of the dead troops... The magic that didn't allow the white walkers in was destroyed the moment Bran allowed The Night King touched him (thereby leaving his mark on him). For the first time they were also able to enter the cave of the little children and destroy the Three Eye Raven's enclave.

So in essence , all this is happening because Bran was too stupid and adventurous to get himself touched.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 8:02am On Apr 28, 2019
Eberex:

So in essence , all this is happening because Bran was too stupid and adventurous to get himself touched.

He only made it more easier.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by wintersnow(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2019
But seriously what's the purpose of sitting on the iron throne??
Cause cersie has been sitting there for a while.. And I see no benefit attached to the throne....

I still have a feeling Danny will die.. She's power drunk already... Sansa wipe never surrender the north to her

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2019
Eberex:

Lol... I don't know about being stupid grin , but bran has always been adventurous right from the first episode wink .... I guess Bran has a big role to play in this last season.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
he wasn’t a soldier, the night watch wouldn’t have believed him either, he didn’t survive the white walkers attack, he was spared, he saw himself as a lucky and he did what any man would do.
Like I said earlier, an excellent excuse does not absolve anyone of a crime
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2019
wintersnow:
But seriously what's the purpose of sitting on the iron throne??
Cause cersie has been sitting there for a while.. And I see no benefit attached to the throne....

I still have a feeling Danny will die.. She's power drunk already... Sansa wipe never surrender the north to her
Power drunk how? You people just hate that girl for no reason.
Sansa has no say in this issue. All she can do is sulk and act like a little bitch. The north was given to Jon and he gave it to Danny, case closed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by wintersnow(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2019
Gmajor:

Power drunk how? You people just hate that girl for no reason.
Sansa has no say in this issue. All she can do is sulk and act like a little bitch. The north was given to Jon and he gave it to Danny, case closed.

She's fcking annoying.. I hope she dies..
Rooting for the night king..
Arya is not gonna make it,
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2019
Yonce:

Yep. That's his only wrong.
I can excuse every other thing he did.

Tyrion came out a dwarf and Tywin didn't like that.
Then he grew up to be a drunk and whoremonger. . . Shaming the Lannister name Tyrion had rebuilt.
Tywin had great plans for all his children but none where able to confrom to those plans.

Disowning Jaime.
Ordering the gangrape of Tysha to teach his son a lesson.
Ordering the murder of Elia Martell and her children, to teach the Martells a lesson.
What he did to the Reynes and the Tarbecks.
Breaking guest right.
Borrowing Robert and the Crown money he knows they will never pay back.
Slowly handing the Iron Throne into the hands of the Tyrells.
Sleeping with Tyrion's LovePeddler; his hypocrisy.
Condemning Tyrion to die, knowing Tyrion isn't guilty.
Sacking King's Landing after he saying he would fight for the Crown against the Rebels.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:02am On Apr 28, 2019
LeSulk:

Rallying a Dornish Rebellion not reason enough?
If she survived, it would have been she and Oberyn rousing the Dornish against the wishes of the Dornish Prince. Rather than Oberyn alone.

They would in turn rally behind the Beggar King, Viserys III. Any discontented House joins too. What does that spell for King Bobby B and his Lannister Alliance?

Please no. That was not Tywin's Just War. He did it for Revenge.

"She thought so," Prince Oberyn agreed,
"but your father is not a man to forget
such slights. He taught that lesson to
Lord and Lady Tarbeck once, and to the
Reynes of Castamere. And at King's
Landing, he taught it to my sister."

Stop making him into some anti-hero, 'woe is me' character.

At the end he presented the bodies to Robert, joining his side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.