Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091738 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by flokii: 9:58am On Apr 29, 2019
iamharkinwaley:
A lot of you peeps will come here to post thrash.....

I'll like see a show y'all will produce. Too know don kill una.

I honestly do not know why people can't just watch and enjoy the series.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dannybomb(m): 9:58am On Apr 29, 2019
oyetpel:
The worst episode of GoT for me, it went sideways from the beginning.

Why will the dothrakis charge at army of the dead like that? You let them come to you.

The reason Ser Davos allowed a deserted Melisandre in was because she made the dothrakis swords have fire flames yet they were useless in the battle.

The unsullieds use of spear was useless to me.

How was Theon and the rest of the ironborns able to reload their arrows?

In some scenes the wights rush like the zombies in World War Z, in some scenes when move like zombies in The walking dead.

So many wrongs in the episode 5 wights on an actor and the actor no die.

This show have turned to sh*t.
oga plain and simple stop watching it. everything should not go as you plan. you are not going he writer, there might be few bleeps but is the best. this is a movie

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 9:58am On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

She's dead... Its the neckpiece that have been keeping her alive. So many people are not talking about her deeds in this battle. She was the gamechanger. She gave us all the motivation and most importantly Arya.

Melisandre, I stan.

The neckpiece is for her to look good, because she's an ancient haggard old woman, not what kept her alive.

She once removed the neckpiece at Castle Black, why didn't she die then?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 9:58am On Apr 29, 2019
AdiscoPele:
The way some of you come here to post rubbish is legendary.
Its simple to notice from the series that no one could defeat the Night King in a one-on-one combat, the dude is so strong that his blow or kick weighs over 1000lb and he's hardly seen alone, thats why a plan was devised to lure him to the open using Bran as a bait.
A good General would do exactly what he did against Jon Snow. Jon was not his primary target and he has d powers to raise more soldiers to finish the remaining living.
Jon hard to be rescued anyway possible and even if it had to be by the weak Samwell or even a dead soldier so the prophecy can come to pass.
From the above, you will have to agree that there's only one person in Winterfell who has the skills to defeat NK. You will notice NK was killed by the experience of a trained killer. She dropd d knife to a hand he
I don't quite agree with this notion of yours.

If there's one thing I've observed, is that the night king is a coward. And like all cowards, they usually hide behind others.

Jon wasn't his primary target, yes we know, but this same night king stood his ground facing Dennys dragon until she used fire on him. Why didn't he command his undead to come to his aid. I believe he wanted to prove a point which is he's immune to fire.

If he could defeat Jon Snow. The night king would have stood his ground and face him regardless of whether Bran was his primary target or not. Don't forget, Jon wields a valerian steel sword which proved to be deadly against the night king. I believe that why he raised the dead to battle Jon.

The night king is a first class coward.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2019
dannybomb:

oga plain and simple stop watching it. everything should not go as you plan. you are not going he writer, there might be few bleeps but is the best. this is a movie

I criticize when i need to, this particular episode is sh*t.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 10:00am On Apr 29, 2019
crixuss:

You still haven't answered my questions. I will ask you again..

1.How did Arya get to steal the face of a White Walker when we know that in order to steal a face one has to kill the person and peel his face off? When one kills a White Walker they explode into pieces.

2. How did Arya kill a White Walker when all were walking side by side?

3. If one kills a WW all the wights he turned die. We didn't we see any glimpse of wights exploding?

What Melisande told Arya was that she would shut many eyes for ever, brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes, not wear many eyes. Watch the scene again. She clearly says SHUT MANY EYES FOREVER.

Yeah, you're right about the last part and I ain't gonna twist anything but to wear a face you'd need to shut the eye

1. If we were shown how Arya killed a WW, then how she killed the NK would be less dramatic and expected. Not showing us made it sweeter.

2. By Stealth mode

3. Same as my answer in 1

Pls, don't let us overflog this issue cos it's gonna get boring at a point but there's more to the episode that the eyes can see.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2019
With the things I'm reading here, it's obvious a lot of people did not understand the S8E3 at all!

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by flokii: 10:06am On Apr 29, 2019
J2381:
I don't quite agree with this notion of yours.

If there's one thing I've observed, is that the night king is a coward. And like all cowards, they usually hide behind others.

Jon wasn't his primary target, yes we know, but this same night king stood his ground facing Dennys dragon until she used fire on him. Why didn't he command his undead to come to his aid. I believe he wanted to prove a point which is he's immune to fire.

If he could defeat Jon Snow. The night king would have stood his ground and face him regardless of whether Bran was his primary target or not. Don't forget, Jon wields a valerian steel sword which proved to be deadly against the night king. I believe that why he raised the dead to battle Jon.

The night king is a first class coward.

No he's not..

He had no reason to battle Jon 'a living' when he could raise the dead to do that.

Right from time, the smart ones watching the show would have deduced that Arya was the character to kill the 'god of death'.. She is the only trained assasin there with skills and magic.

Well I believe she'll kill cersei using qybrn or whatever's face. tho. the prophecy said one of her siblings would kill her. But then, fvck the prophecy.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2019
The writers, the producers, GRRM, and all characters are all stupid for not at least once discuss the possibility of the dead resurrecting in the crept when the nightking does his magic.
(I even thought there was a kind of magic that won't allow that, maybe that was why they didn't discuss it) OR was it to surprise we viewers and to get Sansa all tensed up to suck a dwarf's d*ck?

What is even the use of Nightking.

I repeat this show have gone to the dogs.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simi4me(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2019
The prophecy said "a long night is coming, only the prince/princess that was promised will bring the dawn"
Arya killed the night king, does that mean that she is the prince/princess that was promised?

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2019
flokii:

No he's not..

He had no reason to battle Jon 'a living' when he could raise the dead to do that.

Right from time, the smart ones watching the show would have deduced that Arya was the character to kill the 'god of death'.. She is the only trained assasin there with skills and magic.

Well I believe she'll kill cersei using qybrn or whatever's face. tho. the prophecy said one of her siblings would kill her. But then, fvck the prophecy.
you saw how easily he defeated theon. That showed he's a skilled fighter.

Since he had no reason to battle Jon. He honestly had no reason whatsoever to stand there and let Daenerys baptize him with fire.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:
With the things I'm reading here, it's obvious a lot of people did not understand the S8E3 at all!
please explain, since you understand. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by flokii: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2019
J2381:

Since he had no reason to battle Jon. He honestly had no reason whatsoever to stand there and let Daenerys baptize him with fire.

He fell from the ice dragon, when Jon and Dany attacked him.. Reason why he was on ground at the time.

The NK was even planning to bring down Drogon and Dany the way he killed viseron.

Watch closely and you'll see
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 10:12am On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

Go and ask the directors.

Do they have to show everything??
Abeg try and connect one and two dots together now

Ok

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dannybomb(m): 10:12am On Apr 29, 2019
oyetpel:

I criticize when i need to, this particular episode is sh*t.
lemme guess, you were expecting a one on one fight of Jon snow with the night king, you forgot the detailed even of the red woman and Arya, download the HD version from 02tvseries and listen to the directors commentary
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2019
oyetpel:

I criticize when i needb to, this particular episode is sh*t.
Its not shit, its actually the best episode and the best battle I have ever seen, it brings up a lot of emotions. Go produce your own movie.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2019
irynterri:
I think arya sneaked up the tree and was waiting for the night king to come because she obviously had no time to carve any ww face and she jumped from a height to attack the night king. As for the witch, I think she felt they would die including arya but fearless arya refused to believe so. Remember bran gave arya that valyrian knife it is also possible he knew she was going to do it.
Mehn, this episode got me on ma toes like damn..obviously arya is not too good with aerial battle but she is a pro with one to one, abeg make them upgrade her to Knight joor grin all the soldiers that survived gats update their CV abeg e no easy. What I don't understand is if the witch is dead. It seems her faith is shaky and she put off her neckpiece and turned to an old woman then fell naked in snow..
It's not possible to carve out a white walker's face. They explode when they die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

She's dead... Its the neckpiece that have been keeping her alive. So many people are not talking about her deeds in this battle. She was the gamechanger. She gave us all the motivation and most importantly Arya.

Melisandre, I stan.

Most of all, she gave us light to see this episode.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 10:14am On Apr 29, 2019
flokii:

He fell from the ice dragon, when Jon and Dany attacked him.. Reason why he was on ground at the time.

The NK was even planning to bring down Drogon and Dany the way he killed viseron.

Watch closely and you'll see
I know he fell. Before Danny came, he could have moved away, no?

He planned to kill drogon with a very predictable attack

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2019
shogz89:
you dont know what arya is capable of.
1) serio farrel in the first season taught her how to be a silent walker by chasing cats. do you knwo how many wights she sneaked on in the library.
2) she was trained by the may faced god, she didnt sneak on the night king, she disgused as one of the white walker. she was the white walker that turned when the night king approached bran immediately he killed theon,
How did she turn to a white walker? Don't tell me she carved out his/her face.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2019
oyetpel:

The neckpiece is for her to look good, because she's an ancient haggard old woman, not what kept her alive.

She once removed the neckpiece at Castle Black, why didn't she die then?

Cos she didn't prophesy her death then and she slept on a bed with silk sheets and not on a bed of snow
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2019
oyetpel:
The writers, the producers, GRRM, and all characters are all stupid for not at least once discuss the possibility of the dead resurrecting in the crept when the nightking does his magic.
(I even thought there was a kind of magic that won't allow that, maybe that was why they didn't discuss it) OR was it to surprise we viewers and to get Sansa all tensed up to suck a dwarf's d*ck?

What is even the use of Nightking.

I repeat this show have gone to the dogs.

Then don't watch and talk about it again. Simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ORIJIN201(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2019
AdiscoPele:
The way some of you come here to post rubbish is legendary.
Its simple to notice from the series that no one could defeat the Night King in a one-on-one combat, the dude is so strong that his blow or kick weighs over 1000lb and he's hardly seen alone, thats why a plan was devised to lure him to the open using Bran as a bait.
A good General would do exactly what he did against Jon Snow. Jon was not his primary target and he has d powers to raise more soldiers to finish the remaining living.
Jon hard to be rescued anyway possible and even if it had to be by the weak Samwell or even a dead soldier so the prophecy can come to pass.
From the above, you will have to agree that there's only one person in Winterfell who has the skills to defeat NK. You will notice NK was killed by the experience of a trained killer. She dropd d knife to a hand he
Many people are actually foolish here with the rubbish they've been saying. The night king literally killed almost everyone in this episode. The battle was supposed to happen in the night, thanks to the name night king. He brings an endless night with him. Everyone just believes they are in a position to criticize. The night king is a general. I would do the same when I saw Jon who isn't my target. When I've fresh soldiers, all I have to do is give Jon some work to do, which the night king did, and go for my main target. If not for Arya's last minute save, the night King's tactics was spotless. This is the best episode for me. Those criticizing should go write their own books and publish it. undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2019
J2381:

Why wont he stand, knowing fire cannot touch him, but he tried to kill Dany and the dragon afterwards, didnt he?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2019
Arya did not skin a WW... The angle in which she attacked from was high, making it impossible for it to be from the ground... Look very well, there are many trees in godswood, which makes for perfect cover!

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2019
Yonce:

Most of all, she gave us light to see this episode.

Lol

I think we're ignoring the moment NK gave Bran a face off, Jon at the moment stood up to face Viserion (with no defence) and Viserion was brewing blue flame and didn't light his ass. Me thinks there is another picture behind that picture.

Yonce what ya say to that

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2019
Eberex:

Why wont he stand, knowing fire cannot touch him, but he tried to kill Dany and the dragon afterwards, didnt he?
in a very lame way that is.

Fire can't touch him, but valerian steel can, right. That's why he did what he did. Lol.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by irynterri(f): 10:25am On Apr 29, 2019
crixuss:

I'm starting to agree with you guys arguing that feminism is ruining Game of Thrones. It's becoming a bit obvious now. This episode was very disappointing.
GOT is not the average American fantasy movie whereby the lead actor is always top notch and right all the time. It depicts true life experiences in the details. You can't always be right, know-it-all, brave, or opportununed all the time and it must not always be you, at times you need to chill and watch another take the glory and be happy for that person because a win to one is a win to all. It teaches team work. Jon is still the most important factor because he gathered all of them for The war, arya with all her bravery got scared at a point same as the hound. But still she was able to kill the NK. If you are gonna whine about female figures, i would suggest you buy agbo and keep because a lady is going to seat on the throne as prophecies by the witch in s5 although cersei will be killed by her blood either by tyrion or Jaime

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2019
J2381:
please explain, since you understand. smiley
Depends on which one... Because it's a lot!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

Lol

I think we're ignoring the moment NK gave Bran a face off, Jon at the moment stood up to face Viserion (with no defence) and Viserion was brewing blue flame and didn't light his ass. Me thinks there is another picture behind that picture.

Yonce what ya say to that
That's how you know that something big and unexpected is about to happen in a movie/film!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chiboy1116: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

That guy is really a coward. Jon snow saw him too when he needed help but decided to ignore him. Maybe Jon would have died too trying to help him.
protecting bran is wayyyyyy more important and vital , if the night king gets to bran , I think it's over .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2019
irynterri:
I think arya sneaked up the tree and was waiting for the night king to come because she obviously had no time to carve any ww face. As for the witch, I think she felt they would die including arya but fearless arya refused to believe so. Mehn, this episode got me on ma toes like damn..obviously arya is not too good with aerial battle but she is a pro with one to one, abeg make them upgrade her to Knight joor grin all the soldiers that survived gats update their CV abeg e no easy. What I don't understand is if the witch is dead. It seems her faith is shaky and she put off her neckpiece and turned to an old woman then fell naked in snow..

She doesn't have to carve a WW face to wear one. Someone mentioned earlier about when Arya saw her face on a dead body and Jaqen H'gar's face as well when both of them were alive. Magic of the faceless men in action here.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.