Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1093619 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:19am On May 01, 2019
BoleAndFish:
That's not what he said when he was asked for help. He didn't mention anything about fire. He expressed his fears which was about not being able to defeat the dead. He simply withdrew because he was scared of death!!!!!
scared of death, king Jeffery is a pvssy, and lots more excuses come easily to the hound when faced with fire
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:20am On May 01, 2019
Eberex:

To your bolded "The crypt is an enclosure", you cannot compare the crypt to an open field, can you? How she gets there before him is not our business, but it is something she is capable of doing.

As for the Night king's death, i think it would look like Thanos death in the early part of Endgame when Thor cut off his head. Will the Night king have any further role to play, i don't know? Can he clog into Bran after he was stabbed by Arya? I don't know. But i think ther movie is trying to let us know the war is not only centered at the night king. The real war is with Cersei. The Night king might have been just another enemy waiting to get killed.
that wasn't the crypts, it was the library

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:35am On May 01, 2019
BraniacX:
dragons, living dragons anyway, hardly fight one another with fire, their scales make them relatively fireproof so they use claws and fangs
That's not true. Go and read about dragon dance where dragons were killing eachother in dragonpit.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 8:25am On May 01, 2019
BraniacX:
that wasn't the crypts, it was the library

A library is also an enclosure
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 9:12am On May 01, 2019
BoleAndFish:
That's not what he said when he was asked for help. He didn't mention anything about fire. He expressed his fears which was about not being able to defeat the dead. He simply withdrew because he was scared of death!!!!!
If you notice, the hound withdrew from the fight when mellisandre lit up the trenches with fire. He only said those words as an excuse. The fire made him withdraw go and rewatch that scene again
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2019
Seun:
This lady figured out the issues with the battle plan before the episode aired. "The first rule of defending a castle is to stay inside the castle"

Good idea but I think the Night King would come in quickly to finish off Bran.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 9:15am On May 01, 2019
Comedy Ad: Tyrion Lannister eating out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJvxs52DahI

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 9:16am On May 01, 2019
BoleAndFish:
He has phobia for fire.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2019
golddeejay:
Though i enjoyed the episode, i can't help feeling some things are off. Tyrion's role (i mean, he is most people favorite), how did samwell survived those withings again?. And The Night king breaking just like that.

My best moment Lyanna killing a giant. I always look forward to that girl's mouth and expression (always straight as an arrow). Her charging at and killing a dead giant a scene after cleganne was shivering, was the best scene for me.
Samwell is a night's watch and trained.

He's a lucky dude tho.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 9:41am On May 01, 2019
How did u feel when Ser jamie's hand was chopped off in season 3?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frankiss44(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2019
Isomerizm:
For someone who is so obsessed with the Iron Throne, staying put on said island would be similar to postponing the inevitable.

Without her, and her army, and her dragons, Winterfell would have lost that war, aggrandising TNK's army. Losing Jon, the only other person who can ride a dragon, in the process. Many other potential allies would be lost, too.

TNK would have comfortably moved to wherever in the Seven kingdoms with his army, conquering them with ease. Further, enlarging his army.

Now, The Dany we know wouldn't just sit on an island. She has been obsessed with the Iron Throne since like forever. She'd have to leave her comfort zone to fight for The Throne. This would eternally result in her fighting for the survival she thought she'd bypassed.

Ceisei is also obsess with the iron throne but she sat her ass down and took a calculated risk which paid off.. Now She has a full army waiting for them... In fact I expect her to attack a weakened Dany and her allies now is she is smart.. The decision to risk it all and follow Jon Snow was more out of love than just obsession for the iron throne.. Like she said when she asked Sansa, who is manipulating who? She is the one clearly been. Manipulated, a manipulation bore out of love for Jon

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 9:44am On May 01, 2019
Some people really watch GOT with depth.
Unnamed warrior we may all have seen.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by viazi: 9:57am On May 01, 2019
Bran in addition to being a repository of history of man kind is also a seer. He is still important because he will still say some very important things abt the war with Cercei & the iron throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Maybe I don't understand the bolded

The bolded should have said

He said she couldn't say anything bad about Joeffery because she was bethrothed to him and was to become his queen. As such she must stand by him, like a dutiful queen.

What this means is as she was meant to be Joeffery's wife later, she couldn't say anything that would place him in a bad light. She was to be a dutiful wife. A wife who couldn't say anything bad about her husband in the open. That was why Ned didn't fault Sansa.
I implore you. Pls watch that scene again and really listen to Ned's convo with Arya after that incident

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2019
Akinya17:

Please watch the video clip.

I did. My bad. Goes to show u can't be right all the time grin.
Thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 10:49am On May 01, 2019
Oya you guys should gather o.
I just saw this somewhere and well...it makes a little sense especially with what Jon was screaming. Over-reasoning tho.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vetrovialMan(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2019
abmuzo:

She would have had a cup of poison ready. Over rated bitch.

Na she cowardly pass for the entire characters for GOT

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TVSA: 11:17am On May 01, 2019
meforkene:
I just saw this somewhere and well...it makes a little sense especially with what Jon was screaming. Over-reasoning tho.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bamangar: 11:29am On May 01, 2019
I saw this analysis and I'm wondering if anyone noticed. Y'all should kindly read it. The moment Jon Snow seems to be screaming at the dragon, he was actually talking to Arya to "Go.. Gooo" and kill the NK.
Read

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 11:30am On May 01, 2019
Magnifico2000:
How did u feel when Ser jamie's hand was chopped off in season 3?
Most painful tragedy, to me, in GoT. Second only to Oberyn's death. Followed by Tywin's death.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 11:32am On May 01, 2019
meforkene:
Boy! shocked
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 11:36am On May 01, 2019
Isomerizm:
Most painful tragedy, to me, in GoT. Second only to Oberyn's death. Followed by Tywin's death.
Most painful? How? Don't u feel Jamie deserved what happend to him?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 11:40am On May 01, 2019
I'm still trying to wrap my head on how Arya was able to kill NK. The only explanation I've got is wearing a WW face.

Watch the color of the right eye in the three pics below:
(You might want to adjust the brightness of your screen to see this)

1. Before the WW turned his face

2. During the process of turning his face

3. After he has turned the face and just before the camera turned to NK

Though, 'a mad man sees what he sees' but there is no point showing the WW at that moment if not for a reason. I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see an explanation in the coming episodes.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 11:49am On May 01, 2019
GMan650:
I'm still trying to wrap my head on how Arya was able to kill NK. The only explanation I've got is wearing a WW face.

Though, 'a mad man sees what he sees' but there is no point showing the WW at that moment if not for a reason. I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see an explanation in the coming episodes.

Arya did not change face.
It's not a debate.
WW turned when he felt her "air in motion".

Infact Jon was distracting the dragon for her.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 11:52am On May 01, 2019
meforkene:

When Aegon and his dragon landed on the wall hovering round the three-eyed raven (no point calling him bran since he's not), that scene was when Aegon started to worry about TER and him not able to stop the NK during the one on one battle propelled him more.

I however couldn't get that part where Aegon screamed "GO" to Arya while facing the ice dragon, couldn't make out the words in his scream.

And the breeze past the general was noticed too but I wouldn't go with Arya sprinting past the wights and the general to get to the NK, would have caused her death, I'll rather go with a fall or a jump from the wall or the tree, those two actions can also cause the motion.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 11:54am On May 01, 2019
GMan650:

Arya had no face worn than hers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:54am On May 01, 2019
Gidah:
If anybody said theast episode is shit then the person need his or her brain checked cos since the last episode people no comot for this thread at all

That's the show runners plan, they knew peoples reaction will be mixed.

Unusual things sell.

That's why controversies and news sell.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 12:04pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Saying she could stayed on the island was only an example of the number of options available to her, none of which included going north

The night king is not a factor from POV of Danaerys, Cersei or Euron.

You're sat in your chair as a viewer seeing the bigger picture, and then making the error of assuming the characters can see what you see.

They can't.

In the shows very first episode, Ned Stark executes a guy who had seen and was warning about the threat of the white walkers.

Quite frankly Jon Snow and Bran are the only people who care about fighting the Zombies.Cersei doesn't. Danaerys doesn't. Stannis didn't. The Lord commanders Mormont and Alliser certainly didn't.
Even in the heat of battle, Sansa clearly doesn't.

The white walker horde simply do not figure in most of these people's plans, so a lot of the stuff you've said up there is completely irrelevant from the point of view of many main characters.

Danaerys only went up north to fight for the north aka Jon. Not because she gives a rats arse about zombies

Any other argument is completely facetious

At the emboldened, true. The scene where Sansa talked to her about women manipulating men comes to mind.

Any other reason(s) she probably feels now, after knowing Aegon is the only heir to the iron throne; seeing her armies all gone, jorah death, and her dragons severely injured, is just an afterthought.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2019
meforkene:

It's not a debate.
WW turned when he felt her "air in motion".

Infact Jon was distracting the dragon for her.

Lol... And what evidence do you have to back that up?

Cos Jon didn't make any face like he saw someone.

@bolded Why was he the only one that felt the "air in motion"?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 12:18pm On May 01, 2019
luxanne:

Arya had no face worn than hers.

A girl has many faces

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.