Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,241 members, 7,829,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095941 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 12:36pm On May 01, 2019
Uyiii:
I've got a question to ask because it's kinda perplexing seeing chaps here say Daenerys fought for the North and not for the entire human existence/survival.
Someone even said the starks should thank her for not steering clear like Cercei did (Yah, thanks for having the brain to know without humans alive, there'll be no throne to fight for).

Now my question although already answered is: Would there still be a Cersie or any other fvcking human whatsoever if the Night-king had his way of killing or killed the three-eyed raven - Bran Stark??!

Maybe Cersei isn't part of the world you know. She was in Nigeria atmgrin!

kikikikiki@foto!

At your question, the script would not have played the way it did if the NK was scripted to win the war. If NK had killed the TER, (knowing what the TER represents), human existence would have been wiped out, kings landing inclusive, we won't even be here talking about an episode 4.

Cercei not in this fight tells us there is another battle coming and I don't see that happening in the next episode, perhaps in 5 or 6. Episode 4 might just be winterfell restrategising for that fight and cercei having the the last laugh after knowing all that had befallen dany.

Or perhaps not!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 12:36pm On May 01, 2019
GMan650:

Lol... And what evidence do you have to back that up?

Cos Jon didn't make any face like he saw someone.

@bolded Why was he the only one that felt the "air in motion"?
because she passed close to him.

She moved faster than what the eye could see. It's a trait common with assassins.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 12:38pm On May 01, 2019
GMan650:

A girl has many faces

Including hers cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 12:41pm On May 01, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Most painful? How? Don't u feel Jamie deserved what happend to him?
Jaime has always been one of my favourite characters on the show. I resonate(d) with him in a way.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2019
meforkene:

Not Mance Rayder.
The guy I'm talking about has 'gorimakpa'. He led the group that killed Olly's parents. He died and became undead at Hardhome.
I rewatvhed the episode. The guy who was beheaded by Jorah, when he wanted attack Dany, yeah?

He was the leader of the Thenns.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 01, 2019
Please where can I watch game of thrones online?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2019
luxanne:

Including hers cheesy

grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 1:18pm On May 01, 2019
GMan650:

Lol... And what evidence do you have to back that up?

Cos Jon didn't make any face like he saw someone.

@bolded Why was he the only one that felt the "air in motion"?

I repeat. It's not a debate. It's not an opinion thing.
Really don't care why it was only that WW that felt the breeze.

Arya did not change face. Simple. And Jon was screaming GO GO GO at the Dragon.

From season 1 we've all been given clues why Arya can move in silence and violence. From all the types of instructors she had. Did you ever see her have a noisy, razz or crass instructor?

Even up till S8 Ep 1, she just appeared behind Jon near that tree. Jon asked her how did you sneak up on me? (Upon everywhere was quiet at WF that morning compared to the noisy battle time).

With all these clues, people still doubt her abilities. Why are people like this?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 1:30pm On May 01, 2019
Isomerizm:
I rewatvhed the episode. The guy who was beheaded by Jorah, when he wanted attack Dany, yeah?

Yes
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2019
Isomerizm:

Yeah. That's the Thenn leader.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by shogz89: 1:42pm On May 01, 2019
ABSTRUSE:

Are you kidding me?
Need I remind you that if it wasn't for Sansa, there would be no North left? If not for Sansa, there'd be no Jon snow to convince Daenarys to move North.
abeg forget that thing.. Why did sanza not tell Jon she was coming with the knights if the vail, was it not sanza that begged Jon to get winterfell back? If Jon as disagreed do you think the soldiers sanza brought alone would have defeated Ramsey Bolton's soldier's.. The stupid sanza got a lot of Jon's soldiers killed because she didn't trust Jon enough to let him know she was bringing more soldiers or she probably wanted to take the glory.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ABSTRUSE: 1:47pm On May 01, 2019
shogz89:
abeg forget that thing.. Why did sanza not tell Jon she was coming with the knights if the vail, was it not sanza that begged Jon to get winterfell back? If Jon as disagreed do you think the soldiers sanza brought alone would have defeated Ramsey Bolton's soldier's.. The stupid sanza got a lot of Jon's soldiers killed because she didn't trust Jon enough to let him know she was bringing more soldiers or she probably wanted to take the glory.

You got it wrong there. Remember what Sansa told Jon. She knew he was smart but wanted him to be more than smart esp. when dealing with Cersei, and that evil boy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by shogz89: 1:48pm On May 01, 2019
ABSTRUSE:

You got it wrong there. Remember what Sansa told Jon. She knew he was smart but wanted him to be more than smart esp. when dealing with Cersei, and that evil boy.
sorry what did sanza tell Jon undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2019
The theory of Arya wearing a WW's face seems far fetched to me. Sure she has powers and is an ex-Faceless Man, but the WWs are undead definitely not human. Except if she has perfected the art of stopping her heart from beating or her body warmth, which is the way WW easily detect human presence (implied by Old Nan in the books).

That was simply a sneak attack. It seemed desperate and not likely to work, but the NK underestimated her, similar to the manner the giant did with Lyanna (classic foreshadowing).

The only snag in this sneak attack theory is that the godswood was apparently empty. She might have been lurking somewhere off-screen though.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Thelonewolff(f): 1:59pm On May 01, 2019
Ksslib:

To understand what really happened here, we all have to go back to the very First Law of Thermodynamics which states that --- Energy can never be created nor destroyed but can only be converted from one form to another.

Turns out even the Lord of light is subject to this Law. To create fire, oga Lord has to convert energy he already has into fire. It is from this same energy bank he has been converting & wasting all these years to ressurect Berric.

When Mellisandre came, the Lord of light still had some considerable energy left to convert into fire. This is why oga Lord decided to show-off by individually lighting up the swords of each Dothraki, when the sensible option would have been to light up the sword of only the first Dothraki and allow Domino effect to set-off a chain reaction that would lightup the rest swords the moment the Dothrakis bring their swords a little bit closer to each other.

This unnecessary show-off & waste of vital energy is why when moments later Mellisandre grabbed a thick log of wood in the trench whose surface area was partially coated in snow dust & started screaming " alexio oh no!! e no gree catch!!! " , the Lord of light knew kasala don burst!!

Snow is basically water. To lit up wood sprinkled with snow in a snowy condition, the lord of light knows he has to generate enough heat Energy to first evaporate water content from the wood & surrounding atmosphere. An energy he was now running low on, but foolishly wasted on things of the flesh like --- the Dothrakis, and russurecting Berric...... 19 ffucking times.

If you notice, all the arrows that struck the woods all quenched because they just weren't packing enough heat to light up a wet wood, in a snowy atmosphere for that matter. Snow is basically water.

The Night King understands the Law of Thermodynamics. Why do you think he covered Jon & Dany in a cloud of snow dust? It wasn't just to reduce visibility, it was also to cool down the intensity of dragon fire. That guy just keeps impressing me. First it was his understanding of the Archimedes spiral, now Thermodynamics. This is why he was immune to dragon fire because that genius knows a mere spittle of dragon fire cannot just melt 1000years of accumulated snow in an instant.. Damn!!!!

Back to dumb Lord of Light.. This Nigga was running so low on energy to convert into fire that's why even when his priestess kept screaming "alexio oh no!! e no gree catch!!!" it took him scrapping the bottom of the barrel to produce light. The Lord of light had to close his eyes, tighten his fist so hard he farted before he could produce light.

And someone also asked why the Lord of light didn't ressurect Berric. You have your answer. The Lord of light was completely finished. No more energy. When Berric begged for the 20th ressurection, the Lord of light simply shook his head and said , "Not today.".

The Lord of light's tragic end was a result of his wastefulness. Something that could have been avoided had he payed attention to his engineering classes. To be a successful god, you have to be intelligent too.

Even almighty Thanos had to bend his head down to read, that's why he was able to use Differential Calculus to explain the concept of change & a finite universe with a finite energy source to his daughter, Gamora, in #Avengers infinity war#..

The Lord of Light should be reincarnated as a small god in the surburbs of Osodi or Ajegunle so he can spend the rest of his life on ewa agoyin & schnapp while he reminisces on the good ol days.

Funny from mathematical point of view, but from spiritual perspective and the lord of light being a spiritual entity, it's all about FAITH and FEAR. when she arrived she walk with confidence (faith) and with few words it was enough to inflame hundred of swords but when the dead approach she was fearful and afraid of them. That fear led to the delay... but still believing what she serve she continued till the last minute before her wishes was answered. FEAR is what hindered her FAITH cos fire can even burn on water let alone cold dew.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by golddeejay(m): 2:04pm On May 01, 2019
tintingz:
Samwell is a night's watch and trained.

He's a lucky dude tho.
He was in the night watch. But trained?...he couldn't even swing a sword well.

His strength is that he is intelligent and well-read (i believe he is the first to point out dragonglass could kill a nightwalker and used it)

They just don't want to kill this character (or just yet). It would be more reasonable seeing him running scared in the hall and digging up courage to kill some of them. But in it thick of the battle defending the castle is a sudden, unexplained remake of the character.

Forget the height, the dwarf surviving the onslaught of the withings would have been more believable. grin. Atleast he fought a battle before.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by golddeejay(m): 2:16pm On May 01, 2019
meforkene:
Oya you guys should gather o.
I just saw this somewhere and well...it makes a little sense especially with what Jon was screaming. Over-reasoning tho.
Damn! This makes sense somehow. It is like some people watch movies with a third eye.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 2:17pm On May 01, 2019
meforkene:

I repeat. It's not a debate. It's not an opinion thing.
Really don't care why it was only that WW that felt the breeze.

Arya did not change face. Simple. And Jon was screaming GO GO GO at the Dragon.

From season 1 we've all been given clues why Arya can move in silence and violence.

Take it from your highness, the reason they did not show how Arya got to NK, was because there is no rational explanation.

We're supposed to just take it at face value that she snuck up on the man even when surrounded by goons. There was no way to show her moves with creating serious problems

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 2:29pm On May 01, 2019
luxanne:

At the emboldened, true. The scene where Sansa talked to her about women manipulating men comes to mind.

Any other reason(s) she probably feels now, after knowing Aegon is the only heir to the iron throne; seeing her armies all gone, jorah death, and her dragons severely injured, is just an afterthought.

You’re probably joking

Nihilistjnr aka hansanuku I believe you know so that’s why you didn’t honor her with a response .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by prodigyhenry: 2:31pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Take it from your highness, the reason they did not show how Arya got to NK, was because there is no rational explanation.

We're supposed to just take it at face value that she snuck up on the man even when surrounded by goons. There was no way to show her moves with creating serious problems

I think the idea of how Arya killed TNK is very unrealistic at best. But let's just calm down. We have 3 episodes left. There'd be more than enough explanations to fill us up.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 2:37pm On May 01, 2019
Virus99:
"Here we stand"- House Mormont cry cry cry

I have read the stories of David vs Goliath a thousand times... But last night I watched it.
I tell you bro wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Zamzam1: 2:37pm On May 01, 2019
And someone just explain why JON had to distract the dragon. Had to rewatch that particular scene

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by AK481(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2019
Seun:
Comedy Ad: Tyrion Lannister eating out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJvxs52DahI

He looks like tyrion
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 2:41pm On May 01, 2019
My Joy is that Arya Stark killed night Walker and nothing much,if you don't like it Biko go and que for another series

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

You have been soothed and smooched with all the ingredients of belief....you say no.

OK. Na Bran ravens drop am.

They've now been telling you Sansa is the smartest person in the 7 kingdoms, you don't want to listen until she deciphers and implements all the strategies to win the war. You go begin cry. hehehe

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sunnick(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2019
This makes more sense
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BafanaBafana: 3:48pm On May 01, 2019
luxanne:

At your question, the script would not have played the way it did if the NK was scripted to win the war. If NK had killed the TER, (knowing what the TER represents), human existence would have been wiped out, kings landing inclusive, we won't even be here talking about an episode 4.

Cercei not in this fight tells us there is another battle coming and I don't see that happening in the next episode, perhaps in 5 or 6. Episode 4 might just be winterfell restrategising for that fight and cercei having the the last laugh after knowing all that had befallen dany.

Or perhaps not!

Point of correction. Killing Bran wouldn't have wiped out human existence. It would only erase the memories of the world which he had. I believe if the NK goes south he will first attempt to destroy the citadel too.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 01, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Toxicwap.com
Thanks boss. I will check it out now
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 4:02pm On May 01, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

You’re probably joking

Nihilistjnr aka hansanuku I believe you know so that’s why you didn’t honor her with a response .

He wasn't meant to honor me with a response.

Was corroborating the emdoldened.

You need clarity?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 4:04pm On May 01, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Point of correction. Killing Bran wouldn't have wiped out human existence. It would only erase the memories of the world which he had. I believe if the NK goes south he will first attempt to destroy the citadel too.

Memories = World = all trace of mankind.

That's what the TER represents.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Rubyventures: 4:05pm On May 01, 2019
Topmaike007:
My Joy is that Arya Stark killed night Walker and nothing much,if you don't like it Biko go and que for another series

You took the words out of my mouth, at this point in time that's all care about. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.