Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095983 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 9:56pm On May 01, 2019
meforkene:

'aluxanne o oh no, e no gree catch'. People would still be alive. TER hold no life, only memory, history.

Bran is a hard drive containing humanity history, simply put

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Bros

Have you seen Lyanna Mormont carry sword before?

How about that little girl who had to be convinced by Gilly to go in the crypts, when she said she wanted to fight.

Instead, Sansa had to get tutorials on how to use a knife "stick em with the pointy end"

Sansa is useless. No need to be so upset about it

i have always been pro sansa but i have to agree with you (and her) that in the context of this episode, she was useless grin and she did the bravest thing she could do in this context, admit her uselessness cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:01pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

I know. That's why I'm talking about his armour. Shouldn't that have been constructed to protect him from dagger stabs?
the point the guy is trying to make to you is that "valyrian" steel or dagger or whatever is different from the normal one, think of it as a dagger with acidic and laser edges wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:04pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Valyrian steel is rare because Valyria no longer exists.

Can you back up your claim that armour cannot stop Valyrian steel swords? Has that been seen or said in the show or books?
it was always rare even when valyria existed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by lincoln08541(m): 10:04pm On May 01, 2019
[quote author=meforkene post=77966411]

See another angu. grin grin[/qthe wall you claimed was made of ice and viserion fire was made of ice too so it explain how the dragon could destroy the wall of castle black and not of winterfelluote]
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BafanaBafana: 10:14pm On May 01, 2019
Frankiss44:

Throwing a bow with a supernatural strength doesn't still prove that one is good on a one on one battle.. In such battles, skills always defeat strength.. The NK major strong hold that the movies have shown us times without numbers is his ability to control zombies and raise up dead to do the fighting for him
Bros no think am o. That guy is as powerful as 10 men combined. See the way he pierced Theon with his sword. The sword passed right through his body amour and came out through the other side of the amour. Amour that was made by the iron born. That move see showed a glimpse of his skills
Also see the way he held Arya up like she was made of paper.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2019
oyetpel:

The wights are not conventional fighters, they don't feel pain, they don't think. You spear one, and the 3 others rush you and stab you.
factor in terms of numbers, the Spartans vs Darius's army at Thermopylae, Alexander vs king Cyrus Persian mega armies in Lebanon and Mesopotamia, a phalanx is so designed to take on armies multiple times its number from a defensible positions devoid of spaces for potential flanking maneuvers, so the unsullied were the army best suited to fight the wights but there just wasn't enough of them and the undead were unfeeling and uncaring like you pointed out
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:20pm On May 01, 2019
oyetpel:

Shut it, erase ko eraser ni.

What happen to killing all and then end Bran or even killing all with bran. With bran dead he doesn't even need to erase.

So much for dramatics.
not true, with bran in s08e02 we finally got to decipher the psyche of the night king after 8 years and it was on that basis they made their battle plans, to the best of the night king's knowledge, he was executing the perfectly logical plan you just laid out having reanimated the dead who fell against his horde who else was left to fight? Best time to kill bran right? Well wrong, like us, he made the mistake of not accounting for a stealthy arya
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:26pm On May 01, 2019
Yonce:

If Valyrian steel can harm Nk. . . .why can't Dragon fire.
I mean Valyrian steel is special cause it's forged in the breath of Dragon fire so. . .?
valyrian steel isn't only forged in dragon fire, it is also spell forged and i think powdered dragonglass is also a constituent of its alloy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 10:33pm On May 01, 2019
In other news,
FC Barcelona won 3-0 against Liverpool!
In honour of this win, I'll be going on one day sabbatical. No comments from me.
This is your chance to say anything without the fear of me quoting you grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 10:35pm On May 01, 2019
braniacx I'm impressed by your knowledge of ancient Greek history.

Salutations bro
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by duvetmaster: 10:44pm On May 01, 2019
BraniacX:
factor in terms of numbers, the Spartans vs Darius's army at Thermopylae, Alexander vs king Cyrus Persian mega armies in Lebanon and Mesopotamia, a phalanx is so designed to take on armies multiple times its number from a defensible positions devoid of spaces for potential flanking maneuvers, so the unsullied were the army best suited to fight the wights but there just wasn't enough of them and the undead were unfeeling and uncaring like you pointed out

Did you watch that place where the unsullid guy was breathing hard, he had to make the decision of sacrificing his men. In other to set fire on the trenches.

It was a decision he had to make but a tough one.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:48pm On May 01, 2019
Isomerizm:
So, Sansa has been stripped of the right to fight for the North's sovereignty, simply because Dany fought for survival?
if the North's honor was ever worth a roll of tissue paper then yes, the sacrifices made by Danny earned her Sansa's loyalty in the least, her love and undying fealty would be more appropriate, remember even if Danny made that deal with her, cersei never would and logic simply has the north unable to protect even winterfell much less itself after this battle, Danny has fulfilled the contractual part of a liege lord to his liege, to protect and defend, need anymore be said?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Topmaike007(m): 10:51pm On May 01, 2019
Cybertext:

Lazy writing or not, so sorry GoT has been the best series for this long because it doesn't go the way of most critics or theorist.

People complaining that the NK died too easily forgot the fact that S8E3 of GOT span around 82mins of pure action and suspense. 82 mins that could have been cut to 2episodes and you guys will still whinge. It's good to criticize but put in mind that no one is perfect and this guys have done a great job in giving it perfection.

No series, show or movie has interpreted a book this well, people now have a picture to most characters in the book and when reading they think of the show character with the way they talk and act. Forget all your theories and enjoy the show and stop whinging,

thank you jaare we have been telling them but they refuse to listen those guys are doing a wonderful work
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2019
ABSTRUSE:
At the end of Season 7, episode 1, when the wall was brought down by the NK, we saw more than one giant. I'm just surprised the directors didn't avert their minds to this. Despite the many giants, we only saw one in Season 8 Episode 3. I mean can someone explain that part to me?
casualties of the dothoraki charge I guess
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by solomonbrown64: 11:04pm On May 01, 2019
Frankiss44:

Throwing a bow with a supernatural strength doesn't still prove that one is good on a one on one battle.. In such battles, skills always defeat strength.. The NK major strong hold that the movies have shown us times without numbers is his ability to control zombies and raise up dead to do the fighting for him

........ How is this post relevant to my point? How can you say with a straight face that the night king isn't good on one on one battle after what he did to Theon? The way he throws the spear, it's clear this man knows his onions in battle. I strongly believe that the producers didn't let the one on one with Aegon and the NK happen because Aegon would have lost. His strength alone gives him an advantage and his use of magic........ How some of you watch shows simply baffles me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 11:05pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Well, that is kind of the point. Up until hardhome, Valyrian steel was nothing more than rare resource from an extinct city. It was at hardhome where we saw it could break whitewalker ice swords.

Prior to that, Valyrian steel wasn't piercing or breaking other steel artefacts like that.

Case in point, Jamie Lannister fighting Ned Stark in season 1. Only Ned had a Valyrian steel sword in that battle, and it was not shown to have any other special abilities when used against other metals.

NK possibly has some metal workers in his retinue - it might explain where the chains came from, and how the previously shirtless whitewalker goons rolled up to winterfell clad in armour.

If he could come back, maybe he should do what you said up there, and get a refund cheesy
ned wasn't fighting Jamie with ice, starks dont take ice into battle, it was used for execution and ceremonial purposes
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 11:09pm On May 01, 2019
About that episode 3...

>>Now, you might remember just that one Game of Thrones episode that
got a lot of hatred. It was Season 5, episode 6, “Unbowed, Unbent,
Unbroken”, which is infamously remembered for the Sansa Stark
marriage scene and it is the lowest ranked Game of Thrones episode
ever, standing in at a weak 57% on Rotten Tomatoes. “The Long Night”
now has sunk to 75% at Rotten Tomatoes. While this is not as bad as
57%, it still makes the episode the lowest ranked one since Season 5,
and the second lowest ranked Game of Thrones episode, ever. After
“The Long Night” we have “The Bear and the Maiden Fair”, at 77%.

Fans had many complaints with “The Long Night”, the biggest of which
was that it was too dark to comprehend, speaking in terms of lighting.
Many fans were also disappointed that Arya was the one to kill the
Night King and that it seemed too easy for a villain with such an
elaborate set-up to be killed so easily.

This episode also is a record low for Miguel Sapochnik, Game of
Thrones’ speciality battle episodes director, who usually has very high
ranks with his episodes. It’s also sort of a shame because Game of
Thrones has a whopping 22 episodes that are rated at 100%. >>

https://wikiofthrones.com/24324/long-night-lowest-ranked-game-of-thrones-episode-since-season-5/?taim&fbclid=IwAR08uGKU9QFzVzVeuFYNrAvQEF60C0WGi_DtybCZAwFqk2WIue4l6yyJqQ8

P. S: Rotten Tomatoes aggregates the reviews of critics and gives its score. My major issue with ep. 3 is the lighting. That was effed up.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by solomonbrown64: 11:21pm On May 01, 2019
geezyk:
As per your first question You think it's easy to sneak past wights? the build up to killing the NK was what was shown in the library when Arya was silently moving between the shelves dead silent. and regarding the noise she made when she leaped, it was the feeling of courage and getting pumped up to kill the NK.

Your second question, go and re-watch that scene, how else do you expect the NK to hold onto Arya? one hand on the neck and the other held the hand with the knife, reason why she dropped the knife to the other hand and stabbed his chest.

And saying it's lazy writing stabbing the NK in the chest, remember bran knows how he was created, and there's a reason and purpose he gave Arya the dagger, and to actually kill someone quickly, aim for the heart, and an assassins intuition led her to stabbing the heart. or probably bran told her.

Don't find loopholes where there's none, there's a reason it's called a fantasy series.

....The bolded confused me; I really don't know if you are trying to be funny or you are serious. I hope it's the former.

...Now you are saying Bran saw how the night king would die before it happened which is silly. My point was that; why did Arya scream when the job should have been done silently. She clearly knows that she has nothing against the NK's prowess so why reveal yourself in the first place except to carry the plan of the writers. If she wanted all along to try that her little trick on somebody else, Alright and good but not one as experienced like the NK. How was she able to pass undetected? No answer. Surely, what you wrote up there couldn't be the answer.

.....Her screaming could have earned a slap from the NK while in the air too and that could have killed her. That's a possibility too so hoping that the she would be caught and perform her trick would have seem stupid. Her move looked like a plan but it wasn't really, it something that could work or might not have worked. That wasn't good enough for some of us to take out a supernatural being. It's just how it is bro.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 11:21pm On May 01, 2019
HanksAnuku:

So Sansa's mum is not a fighter? Abi you didn't see Catelyn stark threatening niggas, fighting assassins and slitting throats on this same show.

Stop making excuses bro. Accept her uselessness. Sansa already did.
putting things in perspective, bear islanders practice gender equality in combat terms so male and female both qualify as warriors, same applies to targayreans and wildlings and to a lesser extent the ruling houses of the iron islands and dorne so Lyana mormont's mom I think maege mormont was a warrior who either died at the red wedding or is somewhere in the neck looking for greywater watch depending on whether it is the books or the show you are referencing, Catherine stark never fought in battle and as such wasn't a warrior
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 11:27pm On May 01, 2019
Culled from Wiki of Thrones>>

Melisandre is the 3rd person to die of old age

This is just a random detail, but it seemed to be fun, so I have added
it to the list. Game Of Thrones is known for the way it kills its
characters and people can get killed in some unexpected ways in the
show.

What’s unusual is that a character survives long enough to die of old
age and so far we have seen only two people who died of old age in
the show: Hoster Tully and Aemon Targaryen. Now Melisandre joins
this illustrious list of people who managed to stay alive in the show
and die a natural death.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 11:33pm On May 01, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....The bolded confused me; I really don't know if you are trying to be funny or you are serious. I hope it's the former.

...Now you are saying Bran saw how the night king would die before it happened which is silly. My point was that; why did Arya scream when the job should have been done silently. She clearly knows that she has nothing against the NK's prowess so why reveal yourself in the first place except to carry the plan of the writers. If she wanted all along to try that her little trick on somebody else, Alright and good but not one as experienced like the NK. How was she able to pass undetected? No answer. Surely, what you wrote up there couldn't be the answer.

.....Her screaming could have earned a slap from the NK while in the air too and that could have killed her. That's a possibility too so hoping that the she would be caught and perform her trick would have seem stupid. Her move looked like a plan but it wasn't really, it something that could work or might not have worked. That wasn't good enough for some of us to take out a supernatural being. It's just how it is bro.

Chillax, here's how it was done... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by solomonbrown64: 11:51pm On May 01, 2019
LeSulk:

Chillax, here's how it was done... grin grin
.... grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 12:00am On May 02, 2019
BraniacX:
putting things in perspective, bear islanders practice gender equality in combat terms so male and female both qualify as warriors, same applies to targayreans and wildlings and to a lesser extent the ruling houses of the iron islands and dorne so Lyana mormont's mom I think maege mormont was a warrior who either died at the red wedding or is somewhere in the neck looking for greywater watch depending on whether it is the books or the show you are referencing, Catherine stark never fought in battle and as such wasn't a warrior

The show and the book.are two different universes bros.

Don't tell me about people or events that were never shown on TV
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:06am On May 02, 2019
Isomerizm:
Was there a pre-signed treaty that, when the war finally passed over, Sansa would hand over the North to her, or would be divested of the right to fight for the North's sovereignty?

It wasn't even as if the war was against the North. It was against the living. The North just happened to be the initial war zone, so consequently, Dany fought for survival, not essentially for the North
your logic is warped, so who was cersei fighting for? Or wasn't she part of the living too? Even Sansa acknowledged that from Danny's perspective the iron throne was the goal, so if Danny can sacrifice her goal not for life but for the north (that the living get to benefit from this sacrifice is besides the point) why can't Sansa who worshipped her mother's God's and was always southern at heart not sacrifice her goal?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:15am On May 02, 2019
JulietteO:

They'd be wiped out alright and winterfell would have fallen, the army of the dead would have increased by the thousands, if not millions and would have taken on her army five to one. As someone said, Dany fought for survival. Good evening
danny was on dragonstone and wights can't swim so what was the point of fighting for the north when she could have allowed them wipe out the north, march south to kingslanding and wipe out cersei and her minions then she could have swooped in and dracarys 'em all, so tell me the logic in your argument again undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:18am On May 02, 2019
Seun:
This lady figured out the issues with the battle plan before the episode aired. "The first rule of defending a castle is to stay inside the castle"

not when your legions and small folk can not fit in the castle, not when your enemies have aerial Calvary i.e a fire breathing drake
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:27am On May 02, 2019
Isomerizm:
I'm not discrediting her selflessness in the Battle of Winterfell. I'm only saying, in retrospect to the pre-battle periods, when we, the audience, cum the characters thought it was over for mankind, and everyone felt they had to fight for survival because of the supposed menace TNK posed. That by fighting for Winterfell, she was actually fighting for survival, too.

Now, I'm asking, if this selfless act of hers, together with the fact that Sansa contributed nothing to the victory, deprives Sansa of the right to fight for the North's sovereignty.
i think the sansa Danny convo should have settled that, the north follows leadership ensconced in duty and honor, this battle has given the north both from Danny but more importantly Danny admitted that her love for Jon played a large part in her decision
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 12:31am On May 02, 2019
undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 12:33am On May 02, 2019
The real MVPs angry

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:38am On May 02, 2019
Isomerizm:
For someone who is so obsessed with the Iron Throne, staying put on said island would be similar to postponing the inevitable.

Without her, and her army, and her dragons, Winterfell would have lost that war, aggrandising TNK's army. Losing Jon, the only other person who can ride a dragon, in the process. Many other potential allies would be lost, too.

TNK would have comfortably moved to wherever in the Seven kingdoms with his army, conquering them with ease. Further, enlarging his army.

Now, The Dany we know wouldn't just sit on an island. She has been obsessed with the Iron Throne since like forever. She'd have to leave her comfort zone to fight for The Throne. This would eternally result in her fighting for the survival she thought she'd bypassed.
now you're just confusing yourself

Which Danny do you know? undecided and do you also know her advisors varys and tyrion?
And when and how would she have known that Jon can ride a dragon?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by AdiscoPele: 12:45am On May 02, 2019
For those saying there are no trees in godswood are wrong and also that Jon shouted GO GOOO are also wrong.
My observations
1. Look very well at d scene where NK killed Tyeon, there's a big tree there, also, when NK was walking towards Bran, there are trees at d background, so Arya could have hidden anywhere.
2. Nk did not grab Arya with both hands, instead, he grabbed her neck with his left hand and held Arya's hand with d dagger with his right hand and you should give him credit for that. Imagine the precision, he stopped her from attacking him and looked into her eyes, but Arya being and assasin was fast to drop d dagger to her spare hand and d rest was history.
3. Jon didnt shout goooo because from where he was, he was oblivious of happenings around Bran. I believe he was fraustrated and gave up, that was why he faced d dragon. Remember, he never knew Arya had a valyrian dagger neither does he have any idea that Arya was that skillful.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.