Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,517 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1096176 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 3:50am On May 02, 2019
dubylhover:

Ghost is still alive... Was shown in episode 4 trailer
I fididn see it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 6:30am On May 02, 2019
losprince:
The real MVPs angry
I think Melisandre should be top of that list.

She lit the damn trench.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 6:41am On May 02, 2019
Akinya17:
Am rewatching season 8 episode 3 for the third time just for fun. I think someone screamed Holy Ghost fire while Melinsandre was trying to light up the treaches. grin. Check out 28.04

Also, check out Gendry 's moves from 37.00 grin grin
I kid you not; I thought I heard it too.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 6:43am On May 02, 2019
bond77:
presently reading GRRM new book series..fire and blood (a song of ice and fire) 300 years before the game of thrones.
All I can say is the book is so very detailed and historic (and I heard its going to have a part 2) damn it! GRRM has gone mad!
and I believe it would definitely pull a lot of crowds than game of thrones if it's eventually created as a TV series.

grin can somebody please silently whisper to bienoff and Weiss that another delicious food is ready!! please tell them they cannot just end GOT like that without our consent, it's never done!! they better come up with something new or else..
How can I get this please?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 6:50am On May 02, 2019
Willie2015:

NK definitely is not super strong ... definitely not in the front of a Valerian steel.....

Watch the fight between Lady Mormont and the Giant ... The Giant first carried her up.... look at her very well.... before killing her.....

NK waited for a long time for Theon to finish all his paparazzi before Theon charged.....

NK killed Theon gently.... even had time to look at him face to face... knelt down before him and slump on the ground....

B/4 he went to Bran.....

Did you see how he waited gently and looked at Bran for a long time......

Same thing goes for Arya case....

This is the way you kill your enemies..... when you know your opponent cant defeat you... U enjoy the moments of killin and let them know there is nothing they can do .....

U dont expect them to show you every scene in a movie .....Haba

Try and Relax and enjoy the show

Good points....

I think realistically there's no other ways the night king could have been killed if not for the arya stealth move... I guess that's why bran wanted to lure him to the open.

The NK underrated the living, he knew he has the power to raise the dead and in that battle alone there are already 100,000 fresh dead dothrakhis to be raised, there was no realistic way the living could have won that battle, especially when he has just smiled away a dragon fire.

He choose not to engage in a one on one fight with Jon because it was risky at best.

IMO, arya wore the face of a wight to get closer to the NK....that was why Melissandre reminded her of "blue eyes" , she took a leap passed the white walker and straight to the NK....or like many people have said she was just lurking around a tree close by...but either way the NK wanted the pleasure of killing Bran (TER) himself. He felt the battle has been won and dusted hence no need to rush.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fkelly(m): 6:55am On May 02, 2019
Frankiss44:

Her fire when nor last 10secs.. Lol.. All the Dothrakis die like fowl even before war start

And u lighted the woods and trench abi?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bamangar: 7:10am On May 02, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... People saying that Arya is an assassin blah blah blah....a sneaky assassin that wanted to be quiet until she got to her target and screamed? Like seriously WTF? Why on earth would you do that when you actually wanted to kill the person quietly. What was she hoping to achieve there? Could she have known how he would have reacted?

Besides we know the night king is super strong, why did he have to hold a girl who weighs nothing in comparison to his strength with both hands instead of one and somehow he still was unable to crush her windpipe. Another WTF moment.

How did Arya know that the Night king would die from being stabbed right there? If she had stabbed him from the back, it would have at least be believable but honestly, that scene showed nothing but lazy writing that people have already posted on here. Just shows what some of us have known for a while that the standard of the show has fallen since season 4, season 7 being the worst of the lot and this season is closely following.

.... I don't blame the writers though, they can't tie the laces of GRRM, who has been unable to finish the book. Since it became those two, the writings has been sub standard but that's not what makes me mad, it's rather the people who defend such terrible writing even with insults. Completely ridiculous.

I believe you watched episode 2 where Jon Snow was addressing them In the strategic room. He said they have dragon glass and valerian steel. And the knife Arya used in killing NK is valerian steel. Jon also told them that if the NK falls, his entire army falls. Jon must have told them many things concerning the NK and his Army.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iomoge2(f): 7:39am On May 02, 2019
BraniacX:
you must be joking! So what was the dance of dragons then?
. Yea
I am joking
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 8:09am On May 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
I think Melisandre should be top of that list.

She lit the damn trench.
yeah and she took her sweet time out of it....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 8:10am On May 02, 2019
Epic episode but they could have done way better undecided

It's obvious this goons need GRRM material
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frankiss44(m): 8:58am On May 02, 2019
fkelly:

And u lighted the woods and trench abi?

LOL.. And did that stop the zombies from crossing over?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by geezyk(m): 9:22am On May 02, 2019
solomonbrown64:

........ How is this post relevant to my point? How can you say with a straight face that the night king isn't good on one on one battle after what he did to Theon? The way he throws the spear, it's clear this man knows his onions in battle. I strongly believe that the producers didn't let the one on one with Aegon and the NK happen because Aegon would have lost. His strength alone gives him an advantage and his use of magic........ How some of you watch shows simply baffles me.
There's nowhere in the show that it was stated that the NK was a good fighter, and the NK himself has witnessed Jon kill one of his commanders, and to say the least, the ice spear or sword get shattered when in contact with Valyrian steel, like in the case of Hardhome.

The NK knew of this already, reason why he raised the dead to fight on his behalf, so he can get a chance to complete his mission.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 9:23am On May 02, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... People saying that Arya is an assassin blah blah blah....a sneaky assassin that wanted to be quiet until she got to her target and screamed? Like seriously WTF? Why on earth would you do that when you actually wanted to kill the person quietly. What was she hoping to achieve there? Could she have known how he would have reacted?
Killing a villain in any movie particularly one that would die a conflict is always dramatic. The essence of it is to put the audience in the moment. Typical cinema standard would have been an applause or a standing ovation. Movies like Endgame, and Inifnity Wars gave us a similar feel.

Arya didn't have to sneak up on Little Finger but we all saw how she swiftly killed him, just as she did Walder Frey and even a wight in the library. The scream was purely dramatic and nothing more.

Besides we know the night king is super strong, why did he have to hold a girl who weighs nothing in comparison to his strength with both hands instead of one and somehow he still was unable to crush her windpipe. Another WTF moment.
He held her neck with one hand and her left hand which had the steel with the other. The Night King was the size of an average human and so, it was only meaning he did that. A figure like Thanos, as colossal as he is would stop someone like that. I think he even did in one of the recent Avenger releases.

He held Arya by the wrist in an attempt to prevent being stabbed with a Valyrian Steel. Truth is, a stab anywhere could have killed him still but the producers thought it more poetic to have him stabbed where the children stuck in the dragon glass.

How did Arya know that the Night king would die from being stabbed right there? If she had stabbed him from the back, it would have at least be believable but honestly, that scene showed nothing but lazy writing that people have already posted on here. Just shows what some of us have known for a while that the standard of the show has fallen since season 4, season 7 being the worst of the lot and this season is closely following.
She didn't know. It could have been anywhere like I mentioned above but some corners thought it wise to bring the Night King to an end via the spot that made him. It is poetic, nothing more.

While there are lazy writings in the recent episode and knowing that so many events beg for answers, how the Night King died isn't one of them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 9:34am On May 02, 2019
Drpene:
Arya didn't wear any stupid face or hide on the tree. She was purely running at the NK. The wights there didn't do anything just as when theon was running at the NK too.
Her movement was flash-like, no doubt. One of the Night Walkers felt her but had no idea.

The wights are regularly instructed by the Night King. We saw this in the build up of the scene that led to Dany losing one of three dragons; the becoming of the Ice Dragon. The wights all stood still even when they were provoked. The same played out just outside the walls when the trenches were torched. They stood still a while until the Night King had a clear view and signalled and then some willingly sacrificed themselves by laying on the fire for the other wights. This brilliant move was no doubt orchestrated by the Night King.

That if the garden played out because the Night King personally wanted to kill Bran and made the wights stood still. I believe he would have put the wights to work if he sensed Arya from a distance but he never did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 9:39am On May 02, 2019
losprince:
Epic episode but they could have done way better undecided

It's obvious this goons need GRRM material

Talking like you could do better
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by joshjc(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2019
what happened to the babies taken by the night king
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 11:55am On May 02, 2019
joshjc:
what happened to the babies taken by the night king

They are the white walkers.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 1:02pm On May 02, 2019
geezyk:
There's nowhere in the show that it was stated that the NK was a good fighter, and the NK himself has witnessed Jon kill one of his commanders, and to say the least, the ice spear or sword get shattered when in contact with Valyrian steel, like in the case of Hardhome.

The NK knew of this already, reason why he raised the dead to fight on his behalf, so he can get a chance to complete his mission.

Nowhere apart from his origin story which reveals he was created as a super soldier, who turned on his creators and wiped out the most advanced race on the show.

Try another angle bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZFBy0zF50

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 1:09pm On May 02, 2019
Eberex:

Talking like you could do better
hehe cheesy every fan theory and internet spoilers I read turned out to be much better and more facinating than the actual episode... So yeah cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2019
Magnifico2000:
They just want to kill it's character, nothing more.
. If they want to kill a character, they should do it with logic and sense.
Has Ghost ever been or ride with a stranger before?
He only stays people he knows with jon. Does he knows Jorah or the dothraki?
If we talk now, you go say make we go do our own tv series.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2019
oyetpel:
If they want to kill a character, they should do it with logic and sense.

The bolded has been the most mediocre replies I have seen on this thread

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by geezyk(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Nowhere apart from his origin story which reveals he was created as a super soldier, who turned on his creators and wiped out the most advanced race on the show.

Try another angle bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZFBy0zF50
I really don't know which race you want as the most advanced! according to the shows, humans really the most advanced, and from the build up from S01 up to S08 there's no hint that the NK is a skilled fighter, all that was known was that he could raise the dead and the dead fights for him.

Quote me otherwise with facts.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by geezyk(m): 1:41pm On May 02, 2019
oyetpel:

Kuku say Ghost should be flying with Jon nah, since it's accustomed to Jon so much, baba find another excuse jare.

And BTW ghost is in episode 4.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 2:10pm On May 02, 2019
geezyk:
Kuku say Ghost should be flying with Jon nah, since it's accustomed to Jon so much, baba find another excuse jare.

And BTW ghost is in episode 4.

I checked, I didn't see Ghost.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Uhtred(m): 2:16pm On May 02, 2019
But the former 3eyed raven had trained Bran before he died. There'd have been no 3eyed raven to succeed Bran.
Fadedvoices2:

Nothing happened to humans when the former three eyed raven was killed .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 2:40pm On May 02, 2019
oyetpel:

Ser Jorah has been in the north since the begining of the season remember.

That's enough for Ghost to know Ser Jorah already. Remember Ghost has fought battles too.

So I feel ser Jorah/Jon would have instructed Ghost to attack with them.

It is not everything that would be shown yo us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LoRdCaT(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2019
Why did it take so long for me to find my way to this thread?

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.