Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091610 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 06, 2019
JhyMedex:

[/b]I swearugawd!..I cldnt process it 4 d first 5 secs...

Wen d last arrow hit viserion in d neck...my try sank!..[b]

was genuinely pained! Can't say I'll mourn if any of d remanin characters meet dier ends..For Ghost mayb..

You're were not alone.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 06, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Stop talking nonsense

BENJEN: This is where I leave you.

BRAN: You're not coming with us?

BENJEN: The Wall is not just ice and stone. Ancient spells were carved into its foundations. Strong magic to protect men from what lies beyond. And while it stands, the dead cannot pass. I cannot pass.

—"Winds of Winter" (Game of Thrones, S06E10)

She is right. The reason they could enter was primarily because of Bran. Remember when Bran first met the three eyed raven and the Wight could not enter the cave they were in initially. Until Bran got marked and the night king was able to attack. Even if he didn't get the dragon, he would still have crossed as long as bran is at the other side. What would prevent him from breaking the gate the same way the giant did for the wildlings?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 10:22pm On May 06, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Cersei lacks empathy. That isn't a characteristic of a good leader. She loves herself so much that she would rather trade her people that she lives contrary to what we see Jon do. Always giving himself up that people live. Would you want Cercei to rule you if you were a citizen of Winterfell?

"Ha! The people. You think I care?"
-Cersei (s02)

Scary thing is that she's even worse in the books. That woman is a real she-devil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 10:22pm On May 06, 2019
Vivipop:

You are not a wise person are you?
Let's assume I didn't see that boldened insult up there.

The magic, spells and what not carved into the foundation of the wall became powerless immediately Bran passed that wall with the mark of the NK.
You remember the cave where the late TER was with Bran, Meera and the children ? A spell was carved in it's foundation too, that spell became powerless as Bran was marked.
" NK(the dead) and not the wights, whitewalkers nor the inbetweens(Benjen) follows marked Bran wherever he goes."

In a simpler illustration, Bran is in room A with spells preventing the dead(NK alone) from entering. Bran gets marked and all the spells vanishes, now the dead(NK alone) can enter with his parties.
Night king is the dead being referred to, without him, every other thing that came through him is powerless, he can cross the wall alone but none of his progenies can cross the wall without him.
You should really know how to read and understand beyond literal meanings my friend

my friend shut up

"The wall's kept these things out for eight thousand years and there's no real reason it can't keep doing that unless something puts a hole in the Wall There's one thing on the board from the beginning that is now big enough to do that and that's a dragon"

- DB Weiss

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/28/game-of-thrones-showrunners-on-season-7s-dramatic-ending

Argue with the show writer then.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 10:27pm On May 06, 2019
Isomerizm:
Beauty without brain. undecided She knew she was legit gonna die on that terrace. She couldn't pull Cersie down with her, when she came close. undecided Some kamikaze stuff.

Bro are we related?? Same shi't i was thinking about....
Do u have any last words to say?? Yes bitch we are going down together.. Pull her the fvck down!! Gosh! That scene made me feel sick angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 10:27pm On May 06, 2019
bataderemi:

She is right. The reason they could enter was primarily because of Bran. Remember when Bran first met the three eyed raven and the Wight could not enter the cave they were in initially. Until Bran got marked and the night king was able to attack. Even if he didn't get the dragon, he would still have crossed as long as bran is at the other side. What would prevent him from breaking the gate the same way the giant did for the wildlings?

Can you explain how the defences of the 3 eyes raven relate to the wall?

Did the 3ER build the wall? What's the correlation? So if I have a key to your house, the key must open your neighbours house?

I've given a very good example of a white walker Benjen Stark, telling Bran after the events you described up there, that he still could not pass the wall.

Benjen Stark was created the same way as the Night King.

The only way for those zombies to pass the wall was to punch a hole through it. The only way they could punch that hole was to use a dragon. The only way they could get a dragon was to use the Gbolo of castle black - Jon Snow.

This has been confirmed by the guy who wrote the actual episode.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 06, 2019
LeSulk:

"Ha! The people. You think I care?"
-Cersei (s02)

Scary thing is that she's even worse in the books. That woman is a real she-devil.
She has never cared about anyone. I was surprised when Tyrion said she loved her kids. To me, she didn't. She was always using them for her selfish interest. Cercei is worse than the devil now that she's got nothing to loose.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 10:29pm On May 06, 2019
TissuePaper:
This show has gone to the dogs
freakin sad man..jst freakin sad...ive watched S1-4 like 3 tyms..
u'll search 4 plotholes wit electron microscopes n u will come up empty...
Nowadays dey seem to stare at u boldfaced!..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Vivipop(f): 10:35pm On May 06, 2019
HanksAnuku:

my friend shut up

"The wall's kept these things out for eight thousand years and there's no real reason it can't keep doing that unless something puts a hole in the Wall There's one thing on the board from the beginning that is now big enough to do that and that's a dragon"

- DB Weiss

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/28/game-of-thrones-showrunners-on-season-7s-dramatic-ending

When did DB Weiss make that statement? Has Bran made it past the wall before he made that statement? Like i said before, from what I deduced from that write up,after Bran made it past the wall with the mark of the NK, the NK's army couldn't climb the very high walls, they are not equipped for that. There is no where in the show or books that portrayed the dead could really make that very high climb. Dragon brought than the wall, thus making it easy for his armies to walk pass. If Bran had stayed back or gotten killed in the north, believe me the NK won't make it pass the wall.

You are a very rude person. I won't dignify you with one more reply, enjoy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 10:36pm On May 06, 2019
That post-battle celebration scene really touched me. Everything was going so well, booze & all that until Tormund came, started yapping, continued yapping before delivering the final blow..

" A mad man or a King" ..

Danerys had to force saliva through her throat to soothe the pain. Damn it, Life has been so so unfair to my poor baby. She doesn't deserve this. She doesn't. You fight all your life for something, get centimeters to grabbing it only for life to slap your hand like "Taah , this belongs to someone else" .

Dany's heart was ripped not just even because Tormund called Jon a king. It is because at that moment, she realized how much of a king Jon indeed was. The crowd he pulls. The natural likeness every one around the table had for him, even a Wilding. They would do anything for him.

That scene was also painful because Dany, for the first time in a very long time, realised she was alone. Kind of. Let me explain.

Did you see the expression on her face when she saw Tyrion & Jamie drinking & laughing? In that instant she realized the pure love the two brothers have for each other after all that has happened and will always have for each other no matter what.

Dany turns to look at Jon, Jon is on a table surrounded by a crowd who have nothing but pure love for him. And loyalty too. In that instant Dany realises these people will do anything for him. They have pure love for him. And she wants that too.

While all this fun was going on, while everybody were busy catching trips, where was Dany? She was alone, quiet, sitting on a table, looking like that new albino student everybody in class pretends doesn't exist.

Even the amorous looks she was giving Jon as if to say "ok everybody seems to be having fun, won't you keep me warm my love"? was abruptly cut short by yapping Tormund who reminded her of the reality on ground. And how unfair can be.

Jon is basically the only thing Dany has asides the Iron throne in this lonely world. From the look of things, she'll be lucky to have any.

I even saw my baby looking like a mad woman in next week's snippet: hair tattered, looking depressed. The last time I saw my baby in an unkempt hair was when she walked into a fire & came out with three dragons.

Even then, even with the ashes, smoke and all that, she didn't look this... this... ** I don't even know the right word to use** .

They've finally succeeded in making my baby mad. I won't even talk about Missendie.

D& D , GRRM enough!! Just kill her for me already. Kill her for me let me bury her. She's had enough.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Konsult07(m): 10:36pm On May 06, 2019
Yonce:

Sansa and Gendry will be Cersei and Robert 2.0
Loveless but without the adultery.

Gendry is far better suited with Arya.
Once everyone on Arya's list is eliminated, I wonder which direction her life would take, she might give Gendry another chance.

Right from the beginning she has choose her part, she never wanted to b a lady
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 10:37pm On May 06, 2019
kay9:

smiley smiley Good for you, Gbola5. Good for you.

I think this will be my last post on this thread. The show has become too illogical for me...
Quite a lot I wish to say, but what's the use? Sandor Clegane would just snicker and call me a "talker".

Goodbye.
I'll suffer through the rest of it man..

Thank the seven it's jst 2 episodes left!..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 10:41pm On May 06, 2019
Vivipop:
When did DB Weiss make that statement? Has Bran made it past the wall before he made that statement? Like i said before, from what I deduced from that write up,after Bran made it past the wall with the mark of the NK, the NK's army couldn't climb the very high walls, they are not equipped for that. There is no where in the show or books that portrayed the dead could really make that very high climb. Dragon brought than the wall, thus making it easy for his armies to walk pass. If Bran had stayed back or gotten killed in the north, believe me the NK won't make it pass the wall.

You are a very rude person. I won't dignify you with one more reply, enjoy

I don't really care what you deduce, because clearly your deductions are wrong.

Your attitude is actually terrible and that's the reason I reacted the way I did.

I quoted DB Weiss and even gave you the link to the interview, but you're asking me when he made the comments.

Despite what the guy who wrote the show said out his own mouth, you're still trying to make an argument based on your deductions.

Despite what Benjen Stark said in the show, you're trying to tell me that it's your own opinion that is correct.

I literally can't stand pompous iTks.

Bros if you never quote me again, it would be too soon.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 10:47pm On May 06, 2019
AryaSand:

You don't understand, I think she would rather see Jon as king and ruler of the 7kingdoms than Dany as Queen and ruler of the 7kingdoms.
I understand this very well. Afterall, she's made it obvious she doesn't like Dany.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Adek15(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2019
Gbola5:

Good-guy Varys. I have always hated Varys (books or show). He wants what's best for the realm, but only when his chosen monarch sits on the Iron Throne. Helps Aerys when Rhaegar was making plans to depose him. Sells Dany to Drogo like some slave. Does not tell Cat or Ned that Littlefinger was lying about the Valyrian blade. Does not tell anyone that Littlefinger whispered to Joffrey about killing Ned until it was too late. But it's all for the realm, because so long as a Targ(Blackfyre in the books) ends up sitting on the throne, the realm can go to shits meanwhile. He's the series' largest hypocrite.
and he'll die in the next episode
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by claseek(f): 11:04pm On May 06, 2019
Buharifanatic:
u can love and be wise, love doesn't make people stupid

Dany needed the support of the north and she loved Jon

So she followed her heart

Jon is the fool, I no longer support him, if he was killed I swear, I will laugh and smile

No fvcks given

Sophie turner better private your account cause we are coming, stupid red head

I hate Sansa more than cersei right now
jeez calm down! Sophie turner is just an actress, doing the job she was paid to do, which obviously she's doing very well, seeing the level of hate you have for her cos of her role..

Now thats how you know a good actor/actress.. wink
Same as lena headey, the lady playing cersei..

Y'all dont go bullying these people online cos of a tv show oh. Hian angry

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 11:05pm On May 06, 2019
[s]
trustbaba:

Pls as long as u are not perfect, then nothing else that anyone does cannot be perfect...
Pls enjoy an imperfect show.make ur own perfect story an lets see
[/s]
The reasons some persons put up just because they love something is crazy. This is why critiquing can't work in Nigeria. It is also why Nollywood movies get motivated to churn junks out.

When a show or movie you watch start becoming illogical and does so consistently, you shouldn't console yourself by claiming you are not perfect. Movies are make believe and there is a reason Nollywood is at the bottom of the food chain.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 06, 2019
HanksAnuku:

I don't really care what you deduce, because clearly your deductions are wrong.

Your attitude is actually terrible and that's the reason I reacted the way I did.

I quoted DB Weiss and even gave you the link to the interview, but you're asking me when he made the comments.

Despite what the guy who wrote the show said out his own mouth, you're still trying to make an argument based on your deductions.

Despite what Benjen Stark said in the show, you're trying to tell me that it's your own opinion that is correct.

I literally can't stand pompous iTks.

Bros if you never quote me again, it would be too soon.
Little twats like u force silent readers like us to comment. U have been disturbing dis thread wit ur over bloated ITK sense, hating on a character n looking for plotholes as if dis same Show writers u re quoting don't know nothing. U were d first to throw insults n now u talk about attitude. Ur attitude suck dude, learn to argue witout throwing insults.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fk001(m): 11:14pm On May 06, 2019
Aystarz:

Speaking of not liking women, sup with Tormund telling Jon he was leaving Winterfell because Northern girls didn't like him? I mean didn't the woman wrapper get laid by a Northern lady for nada, before?

Tormund looking for excuses to leave the bloody freezing North !

How? Is not like he is going to South.

He is fvcking going beyond the walls with his people.

Is the North freezier than beyond the walls?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 11:17pm On May 06, 2019
MyGeneration:

I swear. Why can't bran see into cerseis plans.

I believe the producers want to weaken Dany so John Snow would do the real job in taking kings landing
bt seriously Jon?..Wit wich force...
Tormund is taking d wildlings bak beyond d wall ..Most of d northern houses have bn decimated by d NK ..

Well i wldnt doubt ur theory tho...the rate we r being fed plotholes like fufu ..Anytin can happen

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 11:22pm On May 06, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Cersei would make the world a better place.
Cersei doesn't even love the people she rules. She doesn't care whether they live or die as long as she sits on that throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2019
And after all that, this fucker comes North and takes her from me. Just takes her, like that. I mean it clegane,my heart is broken!!

Poor Tormund!! I really felt for him...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 11:25pm On May 06, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Explain this please.

How did Bran marking Night King lead to NK acquiring a dragon?

Nope.... NK marking Bran made him able to cross the wall.... Destruction of the wall allowed the wights passed undecided

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 11:26pm On May 06, 2019
AryaSand:

You're were not alone.
I bet I wasn't..
Sad stuff..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vizkiz: 11:28pm On May 06, 2019
HanksAnuku:

my friend shut up

- DB Weiss

Oga... Your IQ really needs an upgrade.

Read and understand or just stop making a fool out of yourself. She is right.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2019
Vivipop:
I like Jon, I really do. I also like Danny, they both have gone through hell and back. Well which of the characters haven't? Somehow, I have always known their path was going to cross right from the first episode in season one. I have been a supporter of Jonearys even before they met. I would love to see both of them together on the throne or none at all.
It's either Jonearys or none at all, I won't chose between them.

Please choose.

Jon is a better ruler that is loved by most Westerosi
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 11:29pm On May 06, 2019
Tapout:
And after all that, this fucker comes North and takes her from me. Just takes her, like that. I mean it clegane,my heart is broken!!

Poor Tormund!! I really felt for him...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Poor Tormund! I felt for him grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 11:33pm On May 06, 2019
Ksslib:

You are very correct Gman. Rheagal was still suffering from PTDD - Post Traumatic Dragon Disorder -- before he took to his last fatal flight. With enough time to recoup, his fatality could have been avoided.

However, to really understand the main cause of my dear Rhaegal's death, we have to go back to the cool, breezy morning of 1738 when Daniel Bernoulli released what is now known as "The Bernoulli Principle" in his highly acclaimed paper -- Hydrodynamica..

Bernoulli's principle states that as the velocity of air(or fluid) increases over the surface of an object, pressure decreases below. See Gman, anything that wants to remain in air must obey this principle. So how did poor Rheagal disobey Bernoulli.

It's simple.

Bernoulli discovered that the only reason birds can fly is because the shape of their wings allow air move very fast over the top and slow beneath, thus creating a very high pressure below the wing. This is why aircraft wings are specially designed & modified like an advanced bird's: to maintain a very high pressure below the wing.

This high air pressure that is created below the wing of a bird or aircraft acts as a thick blanket of air. So anytime you see an aircraft flying just know there is an invisible layer of high pressure air-blanket it is floating on below the wing that prevents it from falling.

Back to Rhaegal. If you notice, apart from suffering Post Traumatic Dragon Disorder, Rhaegal had large holes in one of his wings. As a matter of fact, the directors wanted us to take note of that. And Immidiately I saw this I knew kasala don burst!! I just kept shaking my head & screaming "Bernoulli.... Bernoulli" . My coursemates thought I was mad.

There's a reason special maintenance checks are carried on aircraft wings before & after every flight because the moment air starts leaking from the top wing, air pressure cannot be maintained below... .... bye bye!!

Asides from the PTDD, Rhaegal was basically a flying basket, and baskets.... cannot fly. The blanket of air pressure that could have kept it floating properly and manoeuvring danger like a boss was leaking badly & that affected Rhaegal's aerodynamics & concentration.

To compensate for the other perforated wing, poor Rhaegal had to put in a double shift throughout the entire flight to King's landing....and that affected his concentration when it mattered most.

The rest is history. Poor Rhaegal!!

All this could have been avoided had Illyrio smuggled some engineering text books alongside the Dragon eggs he gave my poor baby, Danerys, as a wedding gift.

*** Wipes tears...

You never disappoint

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Adek15(m): 11:34pm On May 06, 2019
kay9:

The Scorpion should never have hit.

I'm trying real hard to accept that the show producers are doing their best, but I dunno... Listen, it is practically IMPOSSIBLE to shoot at anything in the air without being seen; Euron would have to see the dragons first, then take aim before even firing. Yet somehow Dany and her dragons - who are already prepared for a siege oo! - never saw those ships, ships sitting still like ducks in water.
don't say it's not possible. Go and watch the last ship

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Vivipop(f): 11:35pm On May 06, 2019
GMan650:

Please choose.

Jon is a better ruler that is loved by most Westerosi
I will either have both or none of them at all. I am all up for a bitter sweet end.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2019
Vivipop:
Benjen isn't Night King neither is he Bran.
Benjen was not marked. As a matter of fact, he isn't even human neither is he a wight. He was about to transition before dragon glass was shoved into his heart. So, we don't even know what he is even though he promised us he is still fighting for the humans...

As for the wall. That wall is freaking high. For all we know, the wights may not know how to climb the wall like ygritte, Jon and some wildlings did sometime. This is not the winterfell wall that they had to stack against each other to climb it. The wall is so high you wouldn't see where it stopped with the sky. Knight king bringing down the wall made it easy for the dead to pass. With or without the dragon bringing down the wall, the dead and the NK would have crossed to the other side as long as Bran went that way. Its just that without the barrier, it was just a piece of cake for them

God bless you!! Thank you for saving me 5mins of typing kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 11:38pm On May 06, 2019
Sansa! Sansa!! Sansa!!!

Argghhh!

Right from time, I disliked this fvcking useless biitch called sansa.

So ungrateful, annoying, jealous, disloyal and untrustworthy.

Ordinary to keep a secret after swearing for just 5 minutes is difficult for this useless witch. angry

Am just pissed right now angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.