Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1096019 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 17, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Seriously,those people defending her action are evil!
This has gone beyond a mere movie argument...I swear,if it was my fiancee that defended her,that will be the end of our engagement.
They are not defending her. They perfectly understand her actions. They're seeing things from a perspective which you cannot see through.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 17, 2019
crackhaus:

Amazing... cheesy

You and Cinderellagirl are going to make me cry from laughter pretty soon. cheesy
don't call me in this matter oh, I hate cersie
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by isaiah9(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:
I don't know why people are mad at dany.

When you battle someone like cersie, you destroy them completely and leave not even the tiniest space.

If she had been diplomatic when they rung the bell, she might have fallen into a trap and died from the wildfire.
Nawa! are the women and children the ones fighting against her?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Funaki: 4:36pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:

When you battle someone like cersie, you destroy them completely and leave not even the tiniest space.

If she had been diplomatic when they rung the bell, she might have fallen into a trap and died from the wildfire.
So killing the innocent people destroyed Cersie completely? How? Beside, how can wildfire be a trap to her? She can't die from fire undecided undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by joseff14(m): 4:37pm On May 17, 2019
grin grin
codedguy1:

Him no fit na, she go dey bring better money for playing that character.

Intact he would be defending her actions and that she should also burn the North grin shocked
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 4:38pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:
The women and children are what cersie would have used to finish off dany.

Look, tyrion had misled her a few times, causing her to lose soldiers, fleets, her dragon, oberyns wife and daughters etc.....she started suspecting tyrion of protecting his family i.e cersie.

She watched tyrion reject the idea of attacking kings landing and suggesting the idea of diplomacy. It backfired.

Now, tyrion rejected the idea of burning the city to the ground and asked dany to stop the attack. Giving dany the impression that tyrion has someone working with city and tyrion is likely in contact with cersie. I suspect this because cersie felt relieved when the bell rung before dany burnt the city. Cersie had other plans which weren't disclosed.

I also suspect that inviting tyrion to tell him about burning the city was a test for tyrion given by dany, which he failed woefully. It seemed like tyrion was working with cersie to stall the ransack of Kings landing while danys forces deplete slowly.

Looking at her face when the bell rung, I felt she was mad because tyrion predicted it. She didn't know who to trust anymore. She didn't want to follow tyrions idea and lose another loved one. What should she have done? Ringing the bell, does it mean a heartless bitch like cersie has surrendered? Even when we thought cersie was powerless, she burnt the high septa and everyone including it.

Burning the city was the best thing dany did. If not she would have died or lost something that would start a chain reaction that will make her lose everything.

Like Raumdeuter asserted and i agree that it is when a leader surrenders, is killed or captured then you can say you have conquered. Why did she not go straight to where Cersie was and burn that place down, burn some other strategic symbol that she might want to. With that every other deceptive plan by Cersie be it with the wildfire or whatever and would have come to not when Cercei is dead.

All we are saying is that killing innocents in the manner she did bordered on being MAD.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ibrahim3307(m): 4:38pm On May 17, 2019
raumdeuter:

Go through the sequence below

Dany knew Cersei was never going to surrender. She knew Cersei was deceptive and will rather die than surrender
Tyrion told Dany that when she hears the bell she should tell her soldiers to back down
Dany at this point knew Tyrion's allegiance was more to his siblings and not to her
Infact Tyrion will rather see Dany killed and her army destroyed than see Cersei killed
Just as the war was barely midpoint, The bell of surrender that the treacherous Tyrion predicted about started ringing
The surrender that didnt come when she had 3 dragons, full Dothrakis and unsullied now came with less than half of the forces.

A man who has betrayed her multiple times predicted the bell will ring, which was very unlikely given how hardened Cersei was. And the bell rung.

At this point, you think Dany doesn't know this was another Tyrion's and Lannisters deceptive plan?

Surely Cersei who has the authority will never order the bell to be rung, So under whose order was the bell rung? - Jamie and Tyrion the betrayer who doesn't have the authority to do so

If Dany had stopped attack at this point, what would have happened? Cersei and Jamie will escape and be smuggled away by the Ser Davos that was paid by Tyrion to Pentos and the Lannisters will have time to regroup

Not stopping attack ensure that 2 of the Lannisters died which was not what Tyrion wanted. Unfortunately, civilians had to die since Cersei used them as a human shield.
and did you see the wild fire exploding when Dany was burning down king's landing? Cersei is the true mad queen

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ibrahim3307(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2019
Funaki:

So killing the innocent people destroyed Cersie completely? How? Beside, how can wildfire be a trap to her? She can't die from fire undecided undecided
the wild fire would have destroyed Dany's army

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 17, 2019
isaiah9:
Nawa! are the women and children the ones fighting against her?
Where did the wildfire come from?

The women and children were playing with it or they were selling it on the streets?

Watch the episode again. When the bell rang, Cersie felt relaxed.

So you want dany to use diplomacy after the same diplomacy had killed her dragon and missandei?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 4:43pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:

We all know cersei doesn't care about her own people everyone in kings landing hates her, why would killing those people be a win against cersei, didn't you see how she stood there watching the city burn undecided she just doesn't care angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 17, 2019
codedguy1:

Like Raumdeuter asserted and i agree that it is when a leader surrenders, is killed or captured then you can say you have conquered. Why did she not go straight to where Cersie was and burn that place down, burn some other strategic symbol that she might want to. With that every other deceptive plan by Cersie be it with the wildfire or whatever and would have come to not when Cercei is dead.

All we are saying is that killing innocents in the manner she did bordered on being MAD.

How would she have known where cersie is?

Everywhere in kings landing was booby-trapped. From having scorpions at the edges, to keeping innocent citizens at the entrance, to having wildfires planted inside the city. Cersie would have gotten dany with anything inside kings landing.

I had a court case last year with someone with similar traits like cersie. He and his people, They fight dirty, the guy used bottle to tear and design his own body to distort evidence and kill the case. I wanted justice, what would I have done?

Guess what, I played nice and the guy, who actually tried to kill me, was set free!...

My brother, pray make you no get real life battle with person wey wicked like cersie.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ibrahim3307(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol, yea you and the High Sparrow pinned it on her. But we both know that's not really how justice works.

Cersei is guilty of a whole lot of atrocities, but the murder of Robert was more a Boar's doing assisted by Lancel than hers.

There's a sept filled with dead innocent people to pin on Cersei, the dead mad queen. grin
lol the dead mad queen indeed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 5:03pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:
How would she have known where cersie is?

Everywhere in kings landing was booby-trapped. From having scorpions at the edges, to keeping innocent citizens at the entrance, to having wildfires planted inside the city. Cersie would have gotten dany with anything inside kings landing.

I had a court case last year with someone with similar traits like cersie. He and his people, They fight dirty, the guy used bottle to tear and design his own body to distort evidence and kill the case. I wanted justice, what would I have done?

Guess what, I played nice and the guy, who actually tried to kill me, was set free!...

My brother, pray make you no get real life battle with person wey wicked like cersie.

It does not justify chasing innocent people on the streets with dragon fire burning them like they are all Cersie.

She no know where the red keep was abi. And she had destroyed all the scorpions.

Going after innocent people on the streets is Madness. Watch Daenerys and the dragon, they were particular about killing people than even destroying the city because the dragon was flaming the city based on the streets where people were running, only when a building was in the way it got burnt.

The Citadel and the walls where the scorpions were placed were only when she specifically destroyed structures.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 17, 2019
codedguy1:

It does not justify chasing innocent people on the streets with dragon fire burning them like they are all Cersie.

She no know where the red keep was abi. And she had destroyed all the scorpions.

Going after innocent people on the streets is Madness. Watch Daenerys and the dragon, they were particular about killing people than even destroying the city because the dragon was flaming the city based on the streets where people were running, only when a building was in the way it got burnt.

The Citadel and the walls where the scorpions were placed were only when she specifically destroyed structures.
You people are avoiding this question. Where did the wildfire come from?

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:

Yes i agree that Cersie would have planted wildfire in the city but killing innocents doesn't still justify her actions

Burn down where Cersie is if innocents die when trying to kill Cersie we can understand collateral damage in that instance not burning people on the street who were miles away from Cersie.

The wildfires were not even much compared to what Daenerys did.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristineC: 5:16pm On May 17, 2019
vickychuk:

I think our green eyes will be Denarys for sure. She's the only green eyed character left after Cerci's death.
Daenerys eyes look greenish to you?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristineC: 5:19pm On May 17, 2019
codedguy1:

Yes i agree that Cersie would have planted wildfire in the city but killing innocents doesn't still justify her actions

Burn down where Cersie is if innocents die when trying to kill Cersie we can understand collateral damage in that instance not burning people on the street who were miles away from Cersie.

The wildfires were not even much compared to what Daenerys did.
you are just trying hard to perch on righteous grounds and I have told you that at the time of events in the storyline, you defeat an enemy means you crush them to the point they don't regroup. Check ancient life history of war events, you can even use your Holy Book.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Biglittlelois(f): 5:26pm On May 17, 2019
What Dany did was very painful, killing off women and children, even John Snow wasn't willing to fight but had no choice, at a point he had to tell them to retreat, my own annoyance was Cersei, she wasnt suppose to die like that, they were suppose to make her die a very slow painful death, episode 5 was very annoying honestly.....

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 5:28pm On May 17, 2019
ChristineC:
you are just trying hard to perch on righteous grounds and I have told you that at the time of events in the storyline, you defeat an enemy means you crush them to the point they don't regroup. Check ancient life history of war events, you can even use your Holy Book.

You crush the leaders and the army not innocent people.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 5:32pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:
The wildfire came from the Daenerys’ Dad, the Mad King, who wanted to burn down King’s landing after he lost the war with Robert, so that Robert would have nothing to rule over. His pyromancer had hidden wildfire all over the city, and was going to set it off when Jaime killed him and the mad king. Most of the hidden caches of wildfire were never found by Tyrion, Cersei and others who wanted to use it.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by swdigitals(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2019
Filming has Started for Bloodmoon. Game of Thrones Prequel

See movie details here>>>
https://nollywoodsecrets.com/filming-has-started-for-bloodmoon-game-of-thrones-prequel/
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BetWinners(m): 5:50pm On May 17, 2019
tallskinnyperv:
who still remembers the scene when khaldrogo forcefully took daenarys from behind....gosh that shit was nice
This guy sabi better thing cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 5:51pm On May 17, 2019
raumdeuter:

The person who used kids as human shield bears the crime, there is even a law in modern time

The use of human shields is forbidden by Protocol I of the Geneva Conventions. It is also a specific intent war crime as codified in the Rome Statute, which was adopted in 1998.[1] The language of the Rome Statute prohibits "utilizing the presence of a civilian or other protected person to render certain points, areas, or military forces immune from military operations

Crying to whom? Is that to Dany the person she is at war with?? if you dont surrender you are still in war and would be beaten to death unless she surrenders or dies
I suppose as regard the bolded Cersei didn't die, right? Or can a dead Cersei fight war?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BetWinners(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2019
ROBOT CHICKEN GOT sketches.I dare any of you to watch it angry-4:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AROxBLm7JW8

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2019
hausadreturn:
I guess you're happy now.
Varys says hi from the other side. grin
How were we supposed to know that Varys had read the script for Episode 5 in advance? grin

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 6:20pm On May 17, 2019
J2381:
I suppose as regard the bolded Cersei didn't die, right? Or can a dead Cersei fight war?

At this point, no one outside knows Cersei is dead and will be assumed alive until the body is found
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 6:35pm On May 17, 2019
raumdeuter:

At this point, no one outside knows Cersei is dead and will be assumed alive until the body is found
body is found? Like seriously? men its clear you're just trying to defend the undefenable. I must say, it's hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Brukx(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2019
highcollide:
Where did the wildfire come from?

The women and children were playing with it or they were selling it on the streets?

Watch the episode again. When the bell rang, Cersie felt relaxed.

So you want dany to use diplomacy after the same diplomacy had killed her dragon and missandei?
The wild fire was placed around Kings landing years ago by the Mad King
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by crackhaus: 7:30pm On May 17, 2019
swdigitals:
Filming has Started for Bloodmoon. Game of Thrones Prequel

See movie details here>>>
https://nollywoodsecrets.com/filming-has-started-for-bloodmoon-game-of-thrones-prequel/
I'm not sure Bloodmoon will be the title, but what I'm 100% sure of is that EVERYONE who has been giving negative reviews & critiques, as well as those signing petitions that will go no where... all of you are definitely feeling like this in your spirit when you hear about the upcoming prequel

The two men watching from behind are D & D, saying "see them..."

gringrin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by crackhaus: 7:32pm On May 17, 2019
Ibrahim3307:
lol the dead mad queen indeed
I tell ya..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by crackhaus: 7:37pm On May 17, 2019
Cinderallagirl:
don't call me in this matter oh, I hate cersie
See come closer, I want to whisper something to you.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pchukwudi: 7:53pm On May 17, 2019
Do morality, ethics and natural justice have any place in your philosophy of warfare?

Any acceptable rules of engagement?

Or do you really believe that in this present world you can do just anything you want, regardless of how amoral, just to win a war and there would be zero accountability?

raumdeuter:

It's like asking why the Russians didn't go directly for Hitler and not rape the women and decimate the Germans. Maybe in an ideal world, there will be wars without innocent civilian casualties not in real life

As far as she is concerned the war was still on as long as Cersei was alive and not surrendered

When in war the first rule is ensure you win by all means. Only winners write history and determine who the villains are

That is why the Germans were tried for war crimes and hardly any Russian was despite committing comparable levels of atrocities

What Lady Olenna was advising her was that Dany needs to win the war first, get power and then worry about the political or warfare correctness of it.
When Cersei blew the Sept of Baelor, while sitting on the throne, did anyone question how she got there? even the other houses who knew the evil she did to get there, the iron bank, the citadel all recognized her as the ruler

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.