Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1089482 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Brukx(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2019
DP84:

I beg to disagree. It is common wisdom. If those wildfires were buried underground, they wouldn't have leaked out the way they did. Magma, Napalm or whatever it was Drogon was spitting isn't that powerful to burrow underground and cause a spark. I take my cue from reanimated Viserion who couldn't get past a stone to roast Jon. While we saw the strength of the Dragon in a new dimension in the recent episode, we very much know they don't have the strength to dig out the Wildfires from underground the city. The wildfire is highly flammable but that in itself isn't enough.

I saw the episode again yesterday and it was obvious the wildfires were stored in the buildings that was destroyed. If this was the case, then it makes no sense that residential buildings were locked up and used for wildfire havens during the Mad King's reign and remained that way decades later. There is no sense in it. It would have been discovered by anyone and alarm would have been raised.

I strongly believe Cersei planted them as traps around the city while the unfortunate people of the city were her last line of defense. Scorpions - Wildfires - Human shields. It is a well thought out strategy that never materialized all thanks to Dany's rage. Saying they were planted by the Mad King a long time ago only to burst into flames within buildings as depicted in the episode is unsellable.

You have a strong point for using viserion and Jon's encounter as an example. The zombie dragon could not get to Jon because of a stone debris Jon hid behind.

Drogon brought down castles in a single breath. From the history of GOT, The mad King planted wildfire in all of Kingslanding. Some of that wildfire was used by Cercie in destroying the great Sept. Tyron also discovered a vault of wildfire which he used in winning the battle of Blackwater. From the books and from the movie only the Mad king was mad enough to do something like that. In no way did Cercie do such. Let's not just start assuming things

Drogon was always known to be the greatest of the 3 dragons. Their might can't be compared. Even that same viserion that couldn't get to Jon Snow was the same Dragon that burnt down the great Wall. If one can bring down such great mass of ice, why not some wildfire hidden under the city.

I'm not good at putting my points together smiley . But I hope you comprehend what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying cercie is not evil enough to plant wildfire. Im saying she isn't the one who did it.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by xxix: 10:06am On May 18, 2019
Aystarz:
Who would have thought that it was Lord Edmure who dubbed Baelish the nickname, 'Littlefinger'? Edmure Tully?? No, couldn't be! LOL Yes, that's what I though too. Edmure in the show looked a real sucker.

By the way I learned that only yesterday when I began reading the books.

We should all read the damn books abeg. It's glorious!

The books are more than glorious! Infact the whole westros and essos lore is phenomenal!

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:09am On May 18, 2019
Seun:
In the next episode, I hope that Dany will come to her senses, realise that she bleeped up, hand over the seven kingdoms to Jon, go to Essos to rethink her life for a few years under the protection of Daario and Drogon, and then resume her campaign to end slavery in her world. I don't want Jon to be the king because he does not learn from his mistakes and will probably be killed in a few months, but he has the best claim.

jon is too soft to be a king

he is just a leader not a king

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 10:09am On May 18, 2019
Brukx:

You have a strong point for using viserion and Jon's encounter as an example. The zombie dragon could not get to Jon because of a stone debris Jon hid behind.

Drogon brought down castles in a single breath. From the history of GOT, The mad King planted wildfire in all of Kingslanding. Some of that wildfire was used by Cercie in destroying the great Sept. Tyron also discovered a vault of wildfire which he used in winning the battle of Blackwater. From the books and from the movie only the Mad king was mad enough to do something like that. In no way did Cercie do such. Let's not just start assuming things

Drogon was always known to be the greatest of the 3 dragons. Their might can't be compared. Even that same viserion that couldn't get to Jon Snow was the same Dragon that burnt down the great Wall. If one can bring down such great mass of ice, why not some wildfire hidden under the city.

I'm not good at putting my points together smiley . But I hope you comprehend what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying cercie is not evil enough to plant wildfire. Im saying she isn't the one who did it.

Totally agree with you. The fire from Dragon was IMO full fury that he unleashed on the innocent people of KL.

It could have unearthed any wildfire buried anywhere.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2019
DP84:
I beg to disagree. It is common wisdom. If those wildfires were buried underground, they wouldn't have leaked out the way they did.
Drogon's flames caused a fiery explosion of the city's stone wars. Obviously, they were hot enough ignite wildfire buried underground.

I strongly believe Cersei planted them as traps around the city while the unfortunate people of the city were her last line of defense. Scorpions - Wildfires - Human shields. It is a well thought out strategy that never materialized all thanks to Dany's rage. Saying they were planted by the Mad King a long time ago only to burst into flames within buildings as depicted in the episode is unsellable.
If Cersei's plan had anything to do with wildfire, she would have discussed it with her hand. They discussed the scorpions and the human shield. Cersei didn't expect to lose Kings Landing to Dany. She thought that provoking Daenerys would cause her to attack in a reckless manner thus exposing her dragon to the numerous scorpions that she installed everywhere. Once the dragon fell, Dany would die, and Cersei would've won.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 10:14am On May 18, 2019
xxix:

The books are more than glorious! Infact the whole westros and essos lore is phenomenal!

1 billion likes
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 10:17am On May 18, 2019
raumdeuter:

The safety of the civilians of Kings Landing is the responsibility of the ruler of Kings Landing, not Danearys

If the ruler of Kings Landing choose to use her citizen's life to play dice then she is responsible for their misfortune

Yes Cercei wanted to use her citizens as human shield.

But oga please explain why Daenerys was flaming people on the streets that were miles away from Cercie as she watched?

I ask, were those people close to Cercie for us to believe Daenerys wanted to kill her but the people were human shield and so had to burn all of them = Collateral damage?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 10:21am On May 18, 2019
xxix:

The companion books will make you respect GRRM more.

The Hedge Knight, Dunk and Egg, A Sworn Sword etc.

There is also A World of Ice and Fire which is like a compendium of all things Westeros and beyond.

The man's brain is wonderful. No wonder the books take so long. A lot of effort is put into making them.

I recently learnt that it does not end at The Winds of Winter. There is A dream of Spring to follow that one.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2019
Seun:
I’m beginning to agree with the people that say Dany is not fit to rule. If the only thing keeping a king from massacring thousands of totally innocent people is the advice of his/her current advisors, then the king is not fit to rule in a civilized society, since there’s no guarantee that the advisors will always be there.

If people like Jorah, Ser Barristan and Tyrion had not been advising Dany, she would have done something like this a long time ago. I would not want to have such a person ruling over me. They underestimated her. We all did. We thought the pretty little lady was just spitting fire when she threatened to burn cities to the ground. She was serious.

We saw glimpses of this but we were carried away by her beauty,
appeal and her dragons. Now, it's upon us and we only have one episode to deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 10:27am On May 18, 2019
Seun:
In the next episode, I hope that Dany will come to her senses, realise that she bleeped up, hand over the seven kingdoms to Jon, go to Essos to rethink her life for a few years under the protection of Daario and Drogon, and then resume her campaign to end slavery in her world. I don't want Jon to be the king because he does not learn from his mistakes and will probably be killed in a few months, but he has the best claim.

But, which highborn is left in the show that would want Jon dead?

All those conspirators are long dead.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by xxix: 10:37am On May 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
The companion books will make you respect GRRM more.

The Hedge Knight, Dunk and Egg, A Sworn Sword etc.

There is also A World of Ice and Fire which is like a compendium of all things Westeros and beyond.

The man's brain is wonderful. No wonder the books take so long. A lot of effort is put into making them.

I recently learnt that it does not end at The Winds of Winter. There is A dream of Spring to follow that one.

You know your GRRM very well. I feel it's these side projects that has hindered the completion of the main story. I hope he finishes the books so we won't be left with this D&.D ending.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristoBam: 10:48am On May 18, 2019
DP84:

I beg to disagree. It is common wisdom. If those wildfires were buried underground, they wouldn't have leaked out the way they did. Magma, Napalm or whatever it was Drogon was spitting isn't that powerful to burrow underground and cause a spark. I take my cue from reanimated Viserion who couldn't get past a stone to roast Jon. While we saw the strength of the Dragon in a new dimension in the recent episode, we very much know they don't have the strength to dig out the Wildfires from underground the city. The wildfire is highly flammable but that in itself isn't enough.

I saw the episode again yesterday and it was obvious the wildfires were stored in the buildings that was destroyed. If this was the case, then it makes no sense that residential buildings were locked up and used for wildfire havens during the Mad King's reign and remained that way decades later. There is no sense in it. It would have been discovered by anyone and alarm would have been raised.

I read it on some sites yesterday that it was planted by the mad king.. There was no mention of Cercei planting anything. Stop trying to create what was not there..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2019
kenddys:
jon is too soft to be a king. he is just a leader not a king
Jon can be hard. He has executed people before, including a boy who participated in his murder and a man who disobeyed and disrespected him.

But he has a rigid code of conduct that causes him to do counter-productive things. He told Dany that he had a better claim to the throne just before the Long Night, which could have cost them the battle or gotten him killed. Then he told Sansa, despite not wanting to be king, because he felt that 'he had' to tell Arya and Sansa, thus losing Dany's trust and turning Tyrion and Varys against her. Then, when he knew that Dany was planning to burn down Kings Landing and rule by fear, he had nothing to say except "you will always be my queen" and "I don't want it".

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by J2381: 11:10am On May 18, 2019
Seun:

Jon can be hard. He has executed people before, including a boy who participated in his murder and a man who disobeyed and disrespected him.

But he has a rigid code of conduct that causes him to do counter-productive things. He told Dany that he had a better claim to the throne just before the Long Night, which could have cost them the battle or gotten him killed. Then he told Sansa, despite not wanting to be king, because he felt that 'he had' to tell Arya and Sansa, thus losing Dany's trust and turning Tyrion and Varys against her. Then, when he knew that Dany was planning to burn down Kings Landing and rule by fear, he had nothing to say except "you will always be my queen" and "I don't want it".
now this is what I find strange. That Jon didn't even bother convincing Daenerys against burning Kings Landing, despite doing so before.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 11:16am On May 18, 2019
J2381:
now this is what I find strange. That Jon didn't even bother convincing Daenerys against burning Kings Landing, despite doing so before.

Abeg the producers have finally killed this show.. That's all i can say. Debating GOT no longer feels like an healthy choice.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:23am On May 18, 2019
Seun:

@ the bolded, in that situation there was nothing he could do.
he was in charge of the nights watch and was betrayed by his sub ordinates the punishment was death.
i believe that if jon was not pressured by his friends he would have given them a diff punishment

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vizkiz: 11:30am On May 18, 2019
Jon will never be king.

Remember you read it here.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2019
J2381:

Was he sure she meant to burn KL when she said she would rule with fear?

It would be interesting to hear their conversation about the war in the last episode. We will probably hear why she did what she did and we know if Jon's expression after she started burning the city was one of surprise or realisation that he had bleeped up by allowing her to be THE QUEEN when he was the rightful heir.

If he still supports her with his YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY QUEEN nonsense then his own is finished. I wouldn't know if it love or pussy that has turned his head. Her actions in the war is enough for him to decide to mount that throne and possibly rule from the North. If he knows anything now.

Again if for any reason Jon decides to take the throne, I dont think Dany will let go easily. She has the Dothraki, unsullied and a drogon behind her and Jon will have to rely on the northern army grin

Lets see how it goes.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2019
kenddys:

jon is too soft to be a king

he is just a leader not a king
What's the difference between a leader and a king

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 12:12pm On May 18, 2019
ChristoBam:

I read it on some sites yesterday that it was planted by the mad king.. There was no mention of Cercei planting anything. Stop trying to create what was not there..
'You read on some sites...' It wasn't mentioned explicitly that Varys poisoned Dany severally before he was killed. That it wasn't never meant it didn't. If you can't think for yourself, you should as well scoot and face front. Peace.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 12:14pm On May 18, 2019
J2381:
Jon never knew of such, if he had, then he wouldn't be surprised when Dany started burning king's landing, and he wouldn't try to make his soldiers stop... There is nothing logical about that
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 18, 2019
trustbaba:

What's the difference between a leader and a king

A leader leads

A king rules and leads
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 12:15pm On May 18, 2019
Seun:

Drogon's flames caused a fiery explosion of the city's stone wars. Obviously, they were hot enough ignite wildfire buried underground.

If Cersei's plan had anything to do with wildfire, she would have discussed it with her hand. They discussed the scorpions and the human shield. Cersei didn't expect to lose Kings Landing to Dany. She thought that provoking Daenerys would cause her to attack in a reckless manner thus exposing her dragon to the numerous scorpions that she installed everywhere. Once the dragon fell, Dany would die, and Cersei would've won.
Well, true. With the way the show is being run, it is only proper to conclude some things based on what is seen.

Bulk of the wild fires started and towers above the buildings and not from the ground. It is why I take my cue from the idea that they must have been planted in those buildings.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristoBam: 12:23pm On May 18, 2019
DP84:

'You read on some sites...' It wasn't mentioned explicitly that Varys poisoned Dany severally before he was killed. That it wasn't never meant it didn't. If you can't think for yourself, you should as well scoot and face front. Peace.
Who the heck is this?? Was Dany poisoned by vary's before he was killed? When I menioned that before, it was me hoping that it was what caused Dany's madness.
You were saying Cercie planted those wildfires as a fact, which didn't happen at all. There was no mention of it explicitly or in any way.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 18, 2019
codedguy1:

Was he sure she meant to burn KL when she said she would rule with fear?

It would be interesting to hear their conversation about the war in the last episode. We will probably hear why she did what she did and we know if Jon's expression after she started burning the city was one of surprise or realisation that he had bleeped up by allowing her to be THE QUEEN when he was the rightful heir.

If he still supports her with his YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY QUEEN nonsense then his own is finished. I wouldn't know if it love or pussy that has turned his head. Her actions in the war is enough for him to decide to mount that throne and possibly rule from the North. If he knows anything now.

Again if for any reason Jon decides to take the throne, I dont think Dany will let go easily. She has the Dothraki, unsullied and a drogon behind her and Jon will have to rely on the northern army grin

Lets see how it goes.
Jon knows nothing.
No wonder that lady always repeat that her favorite lines; "YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW".
This last episode has shown why she always say such.

BTW, Dany should carry her witchcraft and go back to where she came from. She has never been a citizen of that place before. Her family came and took over, she should go and look for a way to build valaria or to the other side of the sea.

There's no explanation for this madness of her's. Mad queen indeed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 18, 2019
Funaki:

Killing innocent people is wrong, I don't care if it's Jehovah or Danny. Why was Jon and Arya shocked? if it was right will they be amazed? So you don't feel a thing when you see innocent people being killed? especially babies, what have they done wrong?
isn't God The one we all strive to emulate.if God could order such,why should we expect different from us his creations.
i do not feel good that innocent people died.but war and love are always excuses for the wrong people do.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 12:35pm On May 18, 2019
ChristoBam:

Who the heck is this?? Was Dany poisoned by vary's before he was killed? When I menioned that before, it was me hoping that it was what caused Dany's madness.
Thought as much. Kòtò ayé fans on the beat.
You were saying Cercie planted those wildfires as a fact, which didn't happen at all. There was no mention of it explicitly or in any way.

I'm not one to argue as argument drains me but I'd very appreciate where I claimed Cersei planted those wildfires AS A FACT.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristineC: 12:36pm On May 18, 2019
ollah2:

A fight will happen between the northern army and dothraki/unsullied. Jon will kill Drogon but will sustain injuries will lead to his death and Arya will kill Dany. There wont be any king
Kill Drogon with what? grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 18, 2019
codedguy1:

Someone is praising you that oil dey your head and am sure your head is swelling. You better ask if it is used car engine oil.

Stop equating the decision of God with what a human being will do.

We all know this is fiction and fantasy but we are talking about the rationality of the actions of Daenerys to burn down innocent people who were miles away from Cersie, people that never did anything to her.

Even though you have admitted that you have stopped watching.you still dont want to remove the bush in your eyes.
If God could be petty enough to do the same,why should we hold ourselves,who are supposedly "lesser beings" to a higher standard.
I have stopped watching the show does not mean i can't share my opinions on what ever is going in the series
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 12:39pm On May 18, 2019
her names are

Queen Daenerys Targaryen

Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men
Protector of the Realm
Queen of Meereen
Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea
Mother of Dragons
The Unburnt
Breaker of Chains
Lady of Dragonstone
Storm born

sweet me for belle grin

[img]https://media1./images/5765d389fabbc97ec20f69d49072cc0e/tenor.gif[/img]

and she is also very beautiful kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 12:41pm On May 18, 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.