Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. (120973 Views)

2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by emmyeuler1: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
i made a terrible mistake while submitting my transcript.....it was stapled with my credentials....is there going to be any penalty 4 dat?.....i am opting 4 pharmacy with a 1st degree in microbiology(2nd class upper....4.07cgpa)4rm a federal universty.......can i be considered 4 pharmacy?cos i heard they give preference to A-level candidates than degree holders....pls reply needed urgently!
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by adeniyidestiny: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2013
I hear that UI direct entry aspirant will need to choose any other three(3) courses apart from the one choosing previously, do you know that ? room
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by omodave(m): 7:47am On Aug 22, 2013
adeniyi destiny: I hear that UI direct entry aspirant will need to choose any other three(3) courses apart from the one choosing previously, do you know that ? room

i dont get u pls
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by fineyemi(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2013
I don't get u, Pls make it comprehensible
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by omodave(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2013
adeniyi destiny were are u?
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by olameday: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2013
adeniyi destiny: I hear that UI direct entry aspirant will need to choose any other three(3) courses apart from the one choosing previously, do you know that ? room
yeah! I also heard about it... After first and second choice course we stil av to choose another one and that one wil be third choice....GOD wil hlp us.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by fineyemi(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
@adeniyi destiny..... From what source did u get dis information of 3 choice, Cos hav never heard of it b4.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by omodave(m): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
olameday:
yeah! I also heard about it... After first and second choice course we stil av to choose another one and that one wil be third choice....GOD wil hlp us.

hey where? when? and how we going to do this thing said
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by emmyeuler1: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
waoh!........my question ignored and subsequent questions answered....u guyz seem to be bias and sentimental in this this thread...! anyways God dey sha!
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Sanguine(f): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
[quote= authoremmyeuler1]i made a terrible mistake while submitting my transcript.....it was stapled with my credentials....is there going to be any penalty 4 dat?.....i am opting 4 pharmacy with a 1st degree in microbiology(2nd class upper....4.07cgpa)4rm a federal universty.......can i be considered 4 pharmacy?cos i heard they give preference to A-level candidates than degree holders....pls reply needed urgently![/quote]

Well young man/lady, like I'd always say, you shoulda made adequate findings before opting for The UI as a University of choice...
Now, as for your transcript that was stapled with your credentials... I really don't think that is or should be a problem. As long it was enveloped and sealed with the letterhead of the Polythechnic or University issueing the transcript...
I hope that does it.

GOODLUCK.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by emmyeuler1: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
ya...@sanguine tnx alot...but it was at the point of submission dat d woman at d admission office in u.i stapled my transcript with my d.e printout and o-level mistakenly..hope it wount affect me?....i learnt they accept few graduates and more ALEVEL
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Sanguine(f): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
emmyeuler1: ya...@sanguine tnx alot...but it was at the point of submission dat d woman at d admission office in u.i stapled my transcript with my d.e printout and o-level mistakenly..hope it wount affect me?....i learnt they accept few graduates and more ALEVEL

Since it was the woman at the admissions that did the stapling, then I don't think you should be bothering your head this much. Worries ain gon' change nothing....
Now, from all I know, UI nor dey do 'kalokalo' when it comes to D.E admission. So just be hopeful you'd be one of the few graduates that'd be accepted...
**optimism is very key**
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by emmyeuler1: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
@ sanguine,tnx alot 4 d sisterly advice...i really appreciate.! are u 4 medicine?what course did u apply 4?...itz as if u also chose funaab,ryt?
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Asb4love(m): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
.yes my brother,it is called fallback course.incase one is nt admitted 4 his jamb chosen course.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by omodave(m): 5:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Asb4love: .yes my brother,it is called fallback course.incase one is nt admitted 4 his jamb chosen course.

ok then
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Asb4love(m): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2013
ASUU: FG Shares N100bn to 61Universities
Article |August 23, 2013 - 3:17am| By Michael Paul
The Implementation and Monitoring Committee on the Needs Assessment Report on Nigerian public Universities set upby the Federal Government has completed the distribution of the first intervention fund of N100billion for provision of critical infrastructure on the campuses.
Chairman of the Presidential Committee and Governor of BenueState, Dr Gabriel Suswam announced this to newsmen Thursday in Abuja at the end of the Committee's meeting in Abuja.
The meeting which held at the Benue Governor's-lodge was attended by the Ministers of Education, Labour and Productivity, Representatives of both the Senate and House of Representatives Committees on Education, representatives of federal agencies involved in funding university education and the various workers unions in theuniversity system.
Suswam said the meeting unanimously adopted a report of it's technical sub-committee which had earlier carried out the distribution of the funds to each of the beneficiary universities based on a criteria adopted from the Needs Assessment Report.
According o the Governor, at least 61federal and state universities across the country would benefit from the N100billion fund address the gross deficit in criticalinfrastructure adding that each ofthe 36 states of the Federation would have one university covered in the first phase of the intervention programme.
He said the N100billion would be utilized for building new hostels, renovation of existing hostels, provision of libraries, laboratories,lectures rooms and theatres, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities among others.
The Governor further explained that the distribution of the fund was done in a fair and equitable manner based on a properly defined criteria adding that a representative of the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) participated inthe technical sub-committee deliberations, which made recommendations to the main committee.
"Our Committee will present the spreadsheet of the projects to Mr President for his approval after which the funds would be released to the Governing Councilsof the benefitting Universities after. Meeting with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Minister of Education," he stressed.
Governor Suswam then renewed his appeal to the striking university lecturers to call of the on- going strike in the interest of the nation since most of the issues which gave rise to threefold have been substantially addressed by the federal government.
He specifically referred to the contentious issue of the Earned Allowances for which the federal government has approved N30billion for immediate release to the universities to enable them pay their staff after due verification of the various claims of their workers.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Asb4love(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2013
FG not ready to end strike – ASUUon August 23, 2013 at 2:00 am in News
By DAYO ADESULU & LAJU ARENYEKA
LAGOS— After 10 unsuccessful meetings with the Federal Government, the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, yesterday said government was not ready to end the 8-week-old strike, lamenting that government displayed dishonesty and lack of integrity during negotiations.
At a briefing in Lagos, ASUU’s President, Dr. Isa Faggae, claimed that government had declared it would not implement the agreed injection of funds to revitalise the public universities, but was only making a dubious statement of supporting some universities with N100 billion.
He said: “Government had also declared that it will not pay university academics their earned allowances which accumulated from 2009 to 2013. Rather, it is talking about providing N30 billionto assist various Governing Councils of Federal Universities to defray the arrears of N92 billion owed to all categories of staff in the university system.”
Narrating the union’s experience at the last meeting with the Government held on Monday, Faggae said: ASUU was shocked bythe level of deceit, dishonesty, and lack of integrity displayed by the Government. Never in the history of ASUU-Government relations have we, as a union, ever experienced the kind of volte-face exhibited by Government. At one stage in the interaction, the Secretary to the Government Federation ridiculed the agreement, the MoU and the NeedsAssessment Report, mocking the Minister of Education to “go and give them N400 billion,” at which members of the government scornfully laughed.”
He argued that the Governor Gabriel Suswam-led Implementation Committee was being used as smokescreen to “deceive ASUU, Nigerian students and their parents, as well as other unsuspecting members of the public on the purportedly released N100 billion for the implementation of the Needs Assessment Report.
First, he said, government plans to divert the regular yearly allocationsto universities by Tertiary Education Trust, TETFund, to make at least 70% of the N100 billion. This is unacceptable to ASUU. It is like robbing Peter to pay Paul, since the idea of revitalization tookfull cognizance of the intervention role TETFund ab-initio.
“Again, contrary to subsisting operational procedures, about 75% of the money meant for revitalizing universities would not be released to them as the Suswam Committee plans to hand over construction of the hostel projects to the Federal Ministry of Education and/or the National Universities Commission, for implementation. This is illegal; neither the ministry nor NUC is backed by laws of Nigerian Public Universities to divert monies meant for the development of these institutions into centrally executed projects.”
Dr. Faggae questioned the committee’s motives for proposingto commit N1.6 million to a bed space, instead of N200, 000 to N400, 000, saying, “We see a continuation of outrageous contract regimes in the plan to centrally coordinate the construction of student hostels as done in the case of the 12 newly established Federal Universities with TETFund resources. The NUC has transmuted itself into a “Tenders’ board” which awarded contracts for the construction of 560 bed spaces hostel for each university at a whooping sum of 1.2 bn. This contract sum translates into N2.143 million per bed space.”
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by olameday: 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
I need detail info about ui direct entry to civil eng
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by club080: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
just upper credit.....in any sciences, but engineering is preferable.....
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by omodave(m): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
what is the latest ,? any?
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Shigoopaul(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Friday announced the release of N30 billion to 61 universities in the country to execute projects and pay of allowances.

The former Senate President made this known during a meeting with Pro-Chancellors and Vice Chancellors of Public Universities.

Anyim said N100 billion is to resolve infrastructure deficits and N30 billion for earned allowances for university staff.
He also narrated how much of the 2009 agreement the federal government has fulfilled, especially its efforts to resolve the bone of contention- the earned allowances by staff.

“From the foregoing, it is obvious that the Federal Government has demonstrated sufficient commitment to the implementation of the 2009 FG/ASUU (Academic Staff Union of Universities) Agreement.

“By this, it is clear demonstration of commitment to revitalise the university system, government hereby, urges every staff of the nation’s universities to return to work as all issues are being resolved.

“With particular reference to the contentious issue of “Earned Allowance’’, every staff of the universities that is so entitled should verify his claim with his university council and accordingly get paid.

“President Goodluck Jonathan is fully committed to bringing the students back to school and appreciates the patience of parents and students.

“Government is making every effort to revitalise the university system, ’’ Anyim said.

Also, Prof. Kimse Okoro, the Chairman, Committee of Pro-Chancellorsof Federal Universities, commended the government for its efforts.

Okoro called on chancellors to use the funds judiciously and appealedto ASUU to show some understanding.

Justice Adolphus Karibi-Whyte, the Chairman, Committee of Pro-Chancellors of State Universities, said that the institutions wouldput more efforts to ensure that regulations were followed.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Shigoopaul(m): 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dis ι̥​s̶̲̥̅̊​ N̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣ doubt D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ ASUU wil calloff d strike by next week,,,gratulations 2 greatest Nigeria students, hop we ar all preparn 4 d post DE online reg?
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by bosini01(m): 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
i need ur advice, i sent my transcript to ui three weeks ago, after it has been sent to ui, will go to ui to fill another form.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by omodave(m): 3:40am On Aug 24, 2013
bosini01: i need ur advice, i sent my transcript to ui three weeks ago, after it has been sent to ui, will go to ui to fill another form.

first u are to go register ur transcript in there office were u will be told to write ur name, course and ohters down on the list, after dat u wait for the online registration as we all here are waiting for it
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by omodave(m): 3:44am On Aug 24, 2013
just waiting for ASUU & FG
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by fineyemi(m): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2013
Gudluck jonathan met wit all d vc of universities wit d governor of benue state and minister of education on friday and he instructed them to go back to classroom. Its like d strike wil b called off on monday. For more info u can go on google search ( voice of nigeria institution ) abt d latest news on ASUU and other universities. By neztwik we UI aspirant will b called on to fill d online registration. So guys b prepeared with 2000 naira and ur deposit slip of 1st bank.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by fineyemi(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2013
Pls I wanna ask are student stil submitin transcript
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Emmybk: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2013
Kudos to you all in the room, for your latest info.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by olameday: 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
Shigoopaul: Dis ι̥​s̶̲̥̅̊​ N̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣ doubt D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ ASUU wil calloff d strike by next week,,,gratulations 2 greatest Nigeria students, hop we ar all preparn 4 d post DE online reg?
God wil let it beeee!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by jayone15(m): 9:14am On Aug 25, 2013
You think so?
When u.i hasnt even conducted postutme for utme candidates.....
U.i normally call d.e candidates afta first utme list...buh lets see dis yr sha since d admission has bn affected by ASUU ish
fineyemi: Gudluck jonathan met wit all d vc of universities wit d governor of benue state and minister of education on friday and he instructed them to go back to classroom. Its like d strike wil b called off on monday. For more info u can go on google search ( voice of nigeria institution ) abt d latest news on ASUU and other universities. By neztwik we UI aspirant will b called on to fill d online registration. So guys b prepeared with 2000 naira and ur deposit slip of 1st bank.
Re: 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. by Asb4love(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2013
fineyemi: Pls I wanna ask are student stil submitin transcript
.yes my brother,if you havent submitted urs,hurry up and do cos anytime from nw,UI may state the closing date 4 submission of transcript.best of luck and kudos to everybody in this room.gudmorning,and happy sunday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (111) (Reply)

University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.