Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,112 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School (15876 Views)

12 Things You Should Learn About Relationships While You're Single.. / LADIES: When Someone Harrasses You In Public While You're With Your Guy. / Dating Mr Right While I Am Miss Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by BeautfulB(f): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
@topic: ur rite.

@2legit:: u gat a nice body grin
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by tpia5: 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
matured men see "older women" as elder hooked or not good enough to have been hooked at that age, so it's still a disadvantage for any woman not to have a suitor anything past 30yrs.

BTW, a woman in her 30s is no longer a hot demand in the market no matter how "good" she is.

the part u mentioned that the chances drop with age is spot on. I agree absolutely.

more women are getting married at around 30 years these days, give or take a few, so i think it also depends on how the woman carries herself as well as what she's bringing to the table.

men are also remaining bachelors longer, so it probably evens out somehow.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
deols:

it is always so obvious when a small boy is talking.

my lady please come wear my boxers on ya head to recover your senses...i can see that you have long lost your sense of reasoning. winkcheesy cheesy wear it always to act as a shock-absorber when you relapse into fits of MAD...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed the woman from CNN who was the original author of this thread is trying to drag all women folks back to stone AGE? 1945 if you consider modern trends. most women today like to flex in and out of college for some years before marrying their Mr RIGHT
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by brosdoncome(m): 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
A-ZeD:

Suitors that came for your sister are either married or engaged and you say your sister should have an open mind. Can't you respect her wish i.e she is not ready? Assuming the married ones had proposed to your sister what should she have done?

U have comprehending problem...I would advise u to read her comment once more....thank u!!!

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by brosdoncome(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Libra-kid:
I think one can handle both education and a healthy relationship while in school. That doesn't mean ur throwing yourself @campus guys bcs in as much as there are all these itty-bitty guys with sharp mouths on campus, there are also a number of good ones. Its all abt mingling with the right people and setting your priorities straight as a girl. I have bn able to handle a healthy relationship with my studies and thank God,we are gradutes now planning on the next phase of life. Marriage isn't all about making babies....i thnk companionship is the word! Babies are jara frm God!

I wish u could look into ur parents eyes and tell them babies are jara in marriage cheesy Funny u!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by tpia5: 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
i think a lot of people these days look for partners on social network sites, not necessarily school [besides, you're in school to study, basically].

so, attention also needs to be paid to how to make networking sites, viable places to find partners

we cant deny the fact that even many nlers would not mind striking up serious relationships here?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Well i support her view God created us perfectly but we bring imperfection unto ourselves. Nothing bad about multitasking too much of seriousness of a particular thing is madness. U can make balance with your studies and giving your relationship full attention. But due to ego of some ladies they tend to focus too much now on education and expire later on other aspect of life. You education expires when u are 65 years probably when u retired but your marriage is a lifetime thing. Men are on safer side cos they ca get married anytime they wish too but for the ladies its a different stories. So better think wise and make the balance or else u will lose out on both ....that's my 2 kobo advice anyway

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Well i support her view God created us perfectly but we bring imperfection unto ourselves. Nothing bad about multitasking too much of seriousness on a particular thing is madness. U can make balance with your studies and giving your relationship full attention. But due to ego of some ladies they tend to focus too much now on education and expire later on other aspect of life. You education expires when u are 65 years probably when u retired but your marriage is a lifetime thing. Men are on safer side cos they can get married anytime they wish, to but for the ladies, its a different stories. So better think wise and make the balance or else u will lose out on both ....that's my 2 kobo advice anyway
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by tomzman: 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
tpia@:
@ topic

there's not really a hard and fast rule.

some will find their mates in college, some find their partners after college, while others are married before they even enter college [very common in the olden days].

i'd say prayer is key. Nothing pass God.
Hmmmm nice one brother tpia.

@topic. I quite agree with the OP. While concentrating on your academics, you shouldn't shut your mind completely to the opposite sex. However, I don't support unnecessary relationships while in school. Any r/ship that does not add value to your life and academics should be avoided.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by pleep(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
hmm... i don't think most chicks, or guys, are mature enough to get married in college. undecided

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
True2myself24: I was watching CNN and they were talking about how women plan their lives in terms of marriage. Well there was a woman on the show who was saying that the best time for a woman to look for a spouse or a potential spouse is while she's In college because it's at that age and environment that you're most likely to find a man who is, what she called, on the same social and intellectual level as you. According to her, women of this generation have been taught to use their twenties to futher themselves academically and professionally. Marriage should be something you seek after later in your thirties once you've achieved all or most of your professional goals. But then the problem with such an approach, again according to her, is that women end up marrying a lot later because of their careers and by the time they're well settled professionally they're in their early to mid thirties and have nothing but their careers; and not only that, but they have a limited pool of men from with they can chose from because the men they could have dated, and maybe married, when they were in college are already married and probably with their first child by their early thirties. Some people called this woman's advice sexist and regressive because if taken out of context, it sounds as if she's telling college women that they should be preoccupied with getting married instead of furthering themselves.

Me on the other hand I agree with her. I think that while you're young and in school you should keep your eyes open and see what's out there. I don't think that you should rush into marriage right away; afterall, you're not going to school just to walk straight into marriage and start making babies. I'm all for women developing themselves while they're young, but It's also wise not to shut out every guy that comes your way all in the name of advancing yourself in your career. What good is money and a dream job if you have no one to share it with? What's your opinion? Do you agree with the woman's argument? Why or why not?
She who has ears,Let her hear!!
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by tomzman: 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
pleep: hmm... i don't think most chicks, or guys, are mature enough to get married in college. undecided

It's not about getting married in college, it's about being on the lookout.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by True2myself24(f): 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
A-ZeD:

Suitors that came for your sister are either married or engaged and you say your sister should have an open mind. Can't you respect her wish i.e she is not ready? Assuming the married ones had proposed to your sister what should she have done?

I do respect her wish. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't respect it. Afterall she knows what's best for herself whether or not I agree. I'm happy for her regardless.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by True2myself24(f): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
Libra-kid:
I think one can handle both education and a healthy relationship while in school. That doesn't mean ur throwing yourself @campus guys bcs in as much as there are all these itty-bitty guys with sharp mouths on campus, there are also a number of good ones. Its all abt mingling with the right people and setting your priorities straight as a girl. I have bn able to handle a healthy relationship with my studies and thank God,we are gradutes now planning on the next phase of life. Marriage isn't all about making babies....i thnk companionship is the word! Babies are jara frm God!

I agree with you but then again what works for one may not work for another.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by chumakk: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
Alleinad: The way I see it, anytime a lady wants to get a husband, she will. Even the bible says seek and you shall find. I am also of the opinion that if you've got plenty paper to spare, you can have any guy you want, esp the young guys. They r cuter anyway, more active, very lively, I could go on. Peace out.
See them! you think you can buy true love.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by True2myself24(f): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Aggrippa: my lady please come wear my boxers on ya head to recover your senses...i can see that you have long lost your sense of reasoning. winkcheesy cheesy wear it always to act as a shock-absorber when you relapse into fits of MAD...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed the woman from CNN who was the original author of this thread is trying to drag all women folks back to stone AGE? 1945 if you consider modern trends. most women today like to flex in and out of college for some years before marrying their Mr RIGHT

Umm, how could I be the woman from CNN and also the original writer of this thread? What, you don't believe that NL actually has people who can write?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by kekilika: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
Alleinad: The way I see it, anytime a lady wants to get a husband, she will. Even the bible says seek and you shall find. I am also of the opinion that if you've got plenty paper to spare, you can have any guy you want, esp the young guys. They r cuter anyway, more active, very lively, I could go on. Peace out.
tah!!! Sharapp ur mouth. For where u learn that one. Just dey deceive ur self while they go book d whole saturday 4 dis yr.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
Guys when u're in school let me advice you. Face your books. Women always gravitate towards successful people. Granted you will have no chics. Zero chics. But then when you're successful it's women dat will ask you for dates sef. A word is enuff for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by creativemusic: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by kaboninc(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
12 inches!:
Guys when u're in school let me advice you. Face your books. Women always gravitate towards successful people. Granted you will have no chics. Zero chics. But then when you're successful it's women dat will ask you for dates sef. A word is enuff for the wise.

I dey tells you. Another angle to this scenario. Strive for excellence, not only will success chase you, but WOMEN.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
Well school first den marriage. I don't mind findin Mr right before finishin sch
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by lorddarshwood(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tatoo gbangba like learners permit, paint lips like Metro cab, nails like fuel nozzle,and u say u want a God fearing man, God sef dey fear u

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by try69: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
Supported
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by vislabraye(m): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
I think this is the woman you're talking about.
I agree with her to a large extent, though its not absoluite. A lady as well as a guy can have a large pool to choose from in school.

Princeton Alum's Advice To Students: Find A Husband On Campus Forget Facebook's Sheryl Sanberg's message to women on "leaning in." A Princeton University alum is telling women to go in an entirely different direction. She is stirring up controversy – on and off campus – with her dating advice. Find a husband on campus now! That's Princeton alum Susan Patton's bottom-line dating advice to the young women of her alma mater. Patton says pick a smart husband before you graduate, because later the choices just get slimmer. In a letter published in the school's newspaper, Patton wrote, "Forget about having it all, or not having it all, leaning in or leaning out -- here's what you really need to know that nobody is telling you. For years (decades, really) we have been bombarded with advice on professional advancement, breaking through that glass ceiling and achieving work-life balance. Here's what nobody is telling you: Find a husband on campus before you graduate. Yes, I went there." Patton added in an interview, "These women on these college campuses, they graduate, they spend the first 10 years post-graduation developing only their careers. So now they're in their early 30s, and their options of eligible, marriable men have compressed." Her other advice is think about dating in your freshman year. By the time you're a senior, your male classmates have four classes of women to pick from. As you can imagine, not everyone agrees with Patton's motherly advice. "I don't agree with that," relationship expert Karen Ruskin said. "Actually, when it comes to intellectualism, although certainly having similarities could help a so-called future relationship, the fact is being an intellectual equal doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to have a happy and healthy and successful marriage." Patton defends her views saying it is just advice, take it or leave. Patton was one of the first women to graduate from Princeton. She is divorced, has two sons, who are Princeton grads, and runs her own human resources firm.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
I totally agree with her view. Out of school, your pool of choice is limited.

Better a woman marries as a student or corper than later start running from one prayer house to another when she is past 30 and later settle for the worst.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Alleinad(f): 7:03am On Apr 03, 2013
chikeorji123:
Initial lines makes 38%..if a lady get husband anytime she decided to settle then why so much pressure on pastors & men?..
A lot of ladies don't go out once their career life begins, they always in the office or at home, or at a bouique, how is a guy suppose to see them there? Some of them walk around with that matter of fact face that should be kept for strictly office, around the place, scares the hell outta a lot of guys. Some ladies become too demanding while pursuing their careers, the kind of guy they seem to want existed in the days of zeus and venus. I never met a loosened up, friendly, successful lady, who wasn't scared to be under a man, and ended up pressuring a pastor or men for marriage.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Alleinad(f): 7:12am On Apr 03, 2013
chumakk: See them! you think you can buy true love.
Guys think so, why shouldn't ladies?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Alleinad(f): 7:20am On Apr 03, 2013
kekilika:
tah!!! Sharapp ur mouth. For where u learn that one. Just dey deceive ur self while they go book d whole saturday 4 dis yr.
no vex me o. U have a right to your opinion and so do I.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by blahcknproud: 7:23am On Apr 03, 2013
bukatyne:

I don't know what you mean by flexing but I know that the best flexing is enjoyed in marriage with a spouse you love and loves you too.

[b][/b]Imagine you marry a 25 yr old man who really loves you @ 23. By 26, you are done having your kids...

You get to flex for the next 44yrs if you live till a min of 70.

I know this is a surreal situation but...

This is my own definition of real flexing!

I like to do what I have to do on time and move to the next step!
smiley smiley

@Bukatyne; I'm 25, are u 23?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by caukerzee(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I don't wanna get married now, but wen I'm ready for marriage, it will be because I want someone I can love and commit myself to for the rest of my life and have children with. Someone I will love respect and be loyal to, so long I get the same in return.
Hey! The earlier you drop these feminist ideologies of yours the better. In the community we live in, believe you me theres hardly woman that would be proud to say she is dating or getting married to someone younger than herself, forget what you see the westernans and europeans doing.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by nwgoziri(m): 8:13am On Apr 03, 2013
bukatyne:

I don't know what you mean by flexing but I know that the best flexing is enjoyed in marriage with a spouse you love and loves you too.

Imagine you marry a 25 yr old man who really loves you @ 23. By 26, you are done having your kids...

You get to flex for the next 44yrs if you live till a min of 70.

I know this is a surreal situation but...

This is my own definition of real flexing!

I like to do what I have to do on time and move to the next step!
smiley smiley
u dey tink lik me
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by bukatyne(f): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2013
blahcknproud:

@Bukatyne; I'm 25, are u 23?

Lol!

However, I wonder why people see marriage as anti-flexing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Finally Humbled Me With Pussy After 8months: Pictures / 9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship / Whats With Fat Ladies, Insecurity And Violence In A Relationship!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.