Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North (13010 Views)

Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari / Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin / FG Provides N888bn For Subsidy In 2012 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Jomark(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
confusion247: Can someone from NIGER DELTA own an oil well in the north when the time comes?
nice question bro
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by supaeagles(m): 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I am optimistic that discovery of commercial quanity of oil in the North will bring relative peace to Nigeria and Nigerians. I also hope that with discovery will come the need for Economic Confederation of this country. For those who call for use of the funds for farm implements and other projects, I can only say, there is enough money to handle farm projects and still handle the Oil Exploration project. The Presidency, knows better.
You do not solve a problem by throwing money at it. Instead what is needed in those affected Northen regions is better educational opportunities, investment in viable industries and agriculture etc
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Jomark(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Arsenate: oh really? Even with no oil in the north, your southern brothers don't seem to want to leave the north. Try again, lol.
plz don't pay attention, it is a cow talking!

1 Like

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Fantacy1(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dis is not funy @all. I wonder wat use education is of in 9ja wen our so called educated rulers lack d insight 2 foresee 2mrw
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Jomark(m): 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: No matter the hate towards the North and its proposed developmental strides, we cannot rule it out that the North just like the South still belongs to one Entity called Nigeria. Expolration of the oil in the North just like we already have in the south should gladen our heart as Nigerians not as tribalist.

They are mutually exclusive events; the successes of which will both benefit us all in the short and long run. I was happy Ghana found oil despite our seeming geograhical difference and age-long superiority tursle. The Boko Haram are our collective enemy just like all corrupt national lifes.

In the North,the food item found predominantly in the south like fresh corn now abounds everywhere. In Abuja as a case study, u get fresh corn everyday at the cheapest rate ever(4 matured corn for N150). This wasn't obtainable in d past. And I pray to live long enough to see groundnut,millet,kola,tomatoes,onions abundantly been produced in comercial volumns in the swampy terrain in the South south.

We can be successful and united together with or without the oil. The heaven is wide enough for us all to fly!
dream on mr unity! Tell your brothers to stop killing us for the sake of 72virgins

1 Like

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by domido(m): 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
Licence to kill.
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
supaeagles:
You do not solve a problem by throwing money at it. Instead what is needed in those affected Northen regions is better educational opportunities, investment in viable industries and agriculture etc
100 Amajiri schools are being lunched. The fact, that we are exploring oil does not stop us from putting double that amount into educational sector. We have enough resources for everything that needs to be done, and the GEJ administration is tackling everything at once.

2 Likes

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by supaeagles(m): 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
@billyonaire almajiri school is NOT education oh. It is just a religious institution instead.
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Dee60: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
Compensation in disguise for Boko?
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by bushjeph: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
Are Ϟ•̸ε̲̣̣̣̥ not humans Oil i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ τ̲̅ђξ north? Why explore for oil wen your have gold, basalt, salt etc!? Greed and corruption enunciated! Our presidency is ​A̶̲̥̅ scared man! He is not i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ charge joooor! Ϟ•̸ε̲̣̣̣̥ must take back this nation: war against ignorance (wai)! I still love the following leaders: azikiwe, Gowon, murtala, buhari, abdusalami and obj! Ϟ•̸ε̲̣̣̣̥ need ​A̶̲̥̅ youthful one from those genes!!!!
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Dee60: 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
More oil, more misery in the hands of corrupt and wicked leaders.
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Orblonde: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
The north should find oil and go
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2013
supaeagles: @billyonaire almajiri school is NOT education oh. It is just a religious institution instead.
You can only provide the people, what they want. Amajiri schools teach both Western and Islamic courses. The facts are there and I am sure if you ask, just like I did, you will understand it is so.
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by PENMIGHT(m): 12:16am On Apr 03, 2013
Jomark: Wow! Enough money to finance these rogues who kill in the name of muhammed's god...shamless 72virgin dreamers
Must u always display this leftist tendencies?
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Smooyis(m): 12:23am On Apr 03, 2013
successcertain: Crude oil discovery but still no single refinery in the country. Is fixing things from the top to ground a negro thing. God must be crazy
How dare u talk to d Creator of all things including u and i like dat!

1 Like

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by PENMIGHT(m): 12:29am On Apr 03, 2013
Jomark: dream on mr unity! Tell your brothers to stop killing us for the sake of 72virgins
U re just here to make up the number. No substance!

By the way, I will relate your message to 'my brothers' and they will ensure our unity remains nothing but just mere dream-just the way u wanted it!

Minus 1.
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Smooyis(m): 12:33am On Apr 03, 2013
For me i think it should have been Peace and Security first before pumping huge sums of money for oil explorations. Even if oil is discovered in commercial quantity, the stupid bloodthirsty BH wont allow for easy access. They might even change their goals and begin to ask for total independence for the northern region.
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Adex097: 1:53am On Apr 03, 2013
gmyguy: But what about the kidnappings and killings of non-natives and foreigners in the northern regions?!!
the guy @ the middle looks like iceprince lipsrsealed[img][/img]
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by olaideadedoyin(m): 3:31am On Apr 03, 2013
You say rubis, we are talking abt peace and unity
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 03, 2013
Black Mamba: I think oil is the only stupendous get rich gig prevailing that we are too daft to think of other means of generating revenue... too sad!

GOD BLESS U
AS IF OIL MUST BE FOUND EVERYWHERE. ITS JUST PLAIN LAZINESS
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by olaideadedoyin(m): 3:39am On Apr 03, 2013
What next Niger Dther boz, is our source is our right see your self, North part hav discover dere own, South West also under findings not more. N/D be hand working find another way of claim superiority........ Niger/D Ministry is office of ?
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by danny301: 4:26am On Apr 03, 2013
It beats my imagination the level of bigotry Nigeria has degenerated into in this 21st century... Ethnic-ism and bigotry have taken the better of us and sometimes we only hide under different excuses to discredit others or criticize any thing that happen around them.Does oil exploration in the north stop other sectors of the economy from functioning? Who told us that federal govt cannot invest in agriculture and at the same time do oil exploration in the north? Can't remember hearing the federal govt saying it is diverting funds meant for agriculture to oil exploration or is there no specified budget for agricultural development?..... If the federal govt were to invest same amount or even to explore oil in other part of the south would we be saying the same thing? Some oil experts and Geologists have suddenly emerged as authorities in oil exploration via nairaland and are authoritatively ruling out any possibility of oil(commercial quantity) in the north without specifying the rationale behind their claim... What even matter to some persons in all these is that the money will go into the hand of boko haram sponsors or others think GEJ is only pacifying the north. Why can't people get rid of bigotry and sentiment and try to see things in the light of what the really are?
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by ddeola: 4:31am On Apr 03, 2013
Another avenue to steal moni, chop and quench
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by cjrane: 4:43am On Apr 03, 2013
May Allah grant oil in the northern Nigeria,just as it granted oil in Saudi Arabia. So that they stop the cheating and falsification of data in Nigeria just to steal & cheat others in Nigeria
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by kabba7(m): 4:43am On Apr 03, 2013
naijababe:

Tell me about it. $100m that easily could develop other resources already available angry

Nothing new or spectacular here this has been on since the early 80's as a matter of fact the late governor of Sokoto State Shehu Kangiwa did a lot of work in that angle in places around Goronyo ,Wurno, Sabon Birni axis during his term before he died those reports I believ should be available ..I have no doubt those people can leave without oil money anyway
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Yazmin: 6:20am On Apr 03, 2013
bigfat10: [size=15pt]Just N1.2 Billion naira ONLY ..NOT MUCH [/size]

Big,fat and dull...do ur mathematics well and stop posting poo. Do u even knw d exchange rate?
P.S. Northern elders now have something to keep them busy...how to share the windfall. Nothing wld be used to explore oil. Corrupt buffoons!!!
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by ugochukwumaduka: 6:34am On Apr 03, 2013
Smooyis: For me i think it should have been Peace and Security first before pumping huge sums of money for oil explorations. Even if oil is discovered in commercial quantity, the stupid bloodthirsty BH wont allow for easy access. They might even change their goals and begin to ask for total independence for the northern region.
BH is politically motivated and I had earllier said that powerful northern elites are strongly backing the FG's search for oil in d north,hw do u think BH wil go n disturb them there.presently, exploration activities are already taking place in borno state n has been on for over a year plus now,there has not been an attack on the exploration installations there in the heart of BH territory.this tells u a whole lot bout what BH is trying to achieve.
Ofcourse d nation has to diversify its source of GDP n develop other sectors strategically, the truth is revenue frm oil and all its associated products is a powerful and fast way of doing so...check out dubai,qatar,saudi arabia et al...their cities n economy were all driven to the present enviable state by oil money...our own problem has been our greed,corruption and placing of self interest over national interest by our leaders and we d followers(our leaders didn't come frm mars,they came frm within our ranks...we shld hold ourselves responsible for our misfortunes).
Peace n security is needed for the nation to thrive n lyk smbdy said "peace is not the absence of issues (social vices), its the presence of (swift) justice." Words in bracket are mine for emphasis...
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by OneNaira6: 6:47am On Apr 03, 2013
WTF? every other region had to fund their own oil exploration from their own damn pocket if I'm not mistaking. mscheew. well i pray they find oil. lord please give them oil so the rest of us can rest and please make sure their leaders do not pocket that money. thank you

1 Like

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by gameboy727(m): 7:09am On Apr 03, 2013
Another way to embezzle money

1 Like

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2013
Hmm! Oil in the north? Ok o! Me sef wan warn una o!
There is one hungry greedy dog that won't let you have rest of mind once you find that oil in commercial quantity!
Beware of the USA

1 Like

Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by drnoel: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2013
Nigeria, a country blessed with mineral resources is still talking about crude oil exploration. When the world is looking for alternate energy source. This is bad investment that will hit them in the face.
Re: FG Provides $100m For Exploration Of Oil In The North by drnoel: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2013
One_Naira: WTF? every other region had to fund their own oil exploration from their own damn pocket if I'm not mistaking. mscheew. well i pray they find oil. lord please give them oil so the rest of us can rest and please make sure their leaders do not pocket that money. thank you
Wondering the samething too, or abi them be government pikin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Budget: Reps Threaten To Boycott Presentation Over Minister’s Remarks / Gunmen Kidnap Another Monarch In Imo, Kill One / A Temporary Setback, We Remain Optimistic - Mutfwang Reacts To Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.