Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. (19433 Views)

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Pampering Of Kids; Is It True Love For Kids Or Misconception Of Love? / People Who Choose Not To Have Kids Or Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
I have to say Oyinbo kids jor!!

I can never forget the Day a Nigerian Kid called the Police on his father in Canada.. See as the whole house kneel down dey beg this small boy make ehn tell Police to free ehn papa..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by djjoad(m): 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Goat na goat irrespective of the location..
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by freecocoa(f): 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
Oh well, what we see as insult and being rude most people abroad term as being outspoken so me sef dey confuse for the matter.

How you bring up a child really matters and what a Nigerian child has in mind but won't say to your face, an American child would say without much ado so its left for you to decide which one is better.
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
ItsModella: Definitely kids abroad. Some of them are bottom line spoilt, it's ridiculous. Nigerian kids for the most part are wired not to talk back at an elder with reckless abandon. The consequences of that action won't even allow you to act up.

Abroad, they think spanking a child translates to child abuse. Foster care people can actually take your child away because of that. So that has given the kids the leverage to act up and get away with it.
na so! just as i was watching an American film today and a spoilt little brat was yelling at her father and telling him to shut up! dem no born me well to tell my papa shut up! that would be the end of my life on planet earth

1 Like

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by austinepreshyus(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
cpa-cash:

is this because you grew up in a village?
Abeg help me tell am o. origo villager
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by yvonnechi(f): 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
onila: kids from lagos

children shld never be raised in lagos

all the children from Lagos , I know lack manners and are very rude
,how e dey do u dis afternoon?
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by TableLeg(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
AjanleKoko:
As per the topic, it's about the parent's standards and how they choose to raise their kids. I know lots of badly-brought-up kids who have never left the shores of Naija, and I know lots of children with excellent manners that have never set foot on the African continent.
SPOT ON!
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
LOOL @ those taking onila serious. grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by TableLeg(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
onila: majority of them are rude

the atmosphere in lagos makes them like that

nothing to do with hometraining
Are you shitting me? Atmosphere in Lagos?!
I GIVE UP!
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
It can be vice-versa. Kids learn by induction. The immediate environment of the kid determines how he well kids turn out.

If I have my way, I prefer raising them here at home, but my Oga at the top says when the time comes, it must be Britain cos of what ever reasons, and I do not want to say one thing and she says another. Believe me, I fear the grammar that those kids will be speaking to me when they come on holiday. That alone, will be 'naughtier'.
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nightshift: Lagos kids are used to an environment where everyone screams as if they've been hit by debris from another planet. From my observations, Lagos kids seems to want you to 'dash' them something before they help in house chores. The problem in the West is that kids want to own every new gadget, or the latest sneakers, thereby keeping you on your toes financially.
dashing of kids something is common with kids home or abroad, so dont point your fingers on Lagos kids alone. why are Lagos kids used as a reference sef? as far as am concerned, kids who live in lagos are the brightest compared to other states .that's the fact.

1 Like

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by ayox2003: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
ItsModella: Then again, it depends on how you train them. My aunty actually spanks the rubbish out of her kids. They know what's up, they know what's coming if they misbehave. Woe betide who go wan call 911 for that house.

You just cursed...and u said kids abroad are naughtier. Modella just modelled a naughty naija kid.

Frawzey
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kids from Nigeria of course. Bunch of rude, untrained pack of riff-raffs.
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
ayox2003:

You just cursed...and u said kids abroad are naughtier. Modella just modelled a naughty naija kid.

Frawzey
grin grin grin grin grin

na slip of tongue fingers
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by yvonnechi(f): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
onila: majority of them are rude

the atmosphere in lagos makes them like that

nothing to do with hometraining
The atmosphere in Lagos?
Hahahahaha
you must be high on something this afternoon.
VILLAGE BOI!
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by freecocoa(f): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
berem: as far as am concerned, kids who live in lagos are the brightest compared to other states .that's the fact.
Story, get real joor.

The only thing lagos kids might be better at than other kids is prolly picking pockets and the girls mini ashawos, inshort I think its undecided between them and onitsha kids who the better pick pockets are.grin.

1 Like

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by freecocoa(f): 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
ayox2003:

Frawzey
Seriously?
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by yvonnechi(f): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
yvonnechi:
The atmosphere in Lagos?
Hahahahaha
you must be high on something this afternoon.
VILLAGE GAL
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Salmoneus(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kids in Nigeria grow up to be cultists, armed robbers, kidnappers...kids abroad grow up to own Facebook...you pick....
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by yvonnechi(f): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
freecocoa: Story, get real joor.

The only thing lagos kids might be better at than other kids is prolly picking pockets and the girls mini ashawos, inshort I think its undecided between them and onitsha kids who the better pick pockets are.grin.
E b lyk sey u dun tey for d business!
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2013

I remember this episode of Doctor Phil were this Fat kid slapped his mum and his mum started crying!! OMO!! If to say na for Naija this one happen (E.g Moments with Mo), na live National T.V murder case we for dey talk about!

2 Likes

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
freecocoa: Story, get real joor.

hehehehe! abeg no try compare Onitsha kids to lagos kids. If you talk of kids who are wayward and are truants, Onitsha carry first.
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by onila(f): 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nightshift: Lagos kids are used to an environment where everyone screams as if they've been hit by debris from another planet. From my observations, Lagos kids seems to want you to 'dash' them something before they help in house chores. The problem in the West is that kids want to own every new gadget, or the latest sneakers, thereby keeping you on your toes financially.

lagos new generation of kids are something else angry

sometimes i feel like beating them up

i hate them
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by freecocoa(f): 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
yvonnechi:
E b lyk sey u dun tey for d business!
No be today na, shioor.
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nightshift(m): 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
berem: dashing of kids something is common with kids home or abroad, so dont point your fingers on Lagos kids alone. why are Lagos kids used as a reference sef? as far as am concerned, kids who live in lagos are the brightest compared to other states .that's the fact.
My children don't need a 'dash' before they help at home. We've got shared responsibilities, and they pretty much know their part. I do not believe that Lagos kids are more intelligent than their peers in Enugu or Port Hacourt. Or do you have any data to backup your claim?

1 Like

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by onila(f): 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Table Leg :

Are you shitting me? Atmosphere in Lagos?!
I GIVE UP!
[url][/url]

U know what trying 2 say

the roughness of lagos makes them kinda wild
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

I remember this episode of Doctor Phil were this Fat kid slapped his mum and his mum started crying!! OMO!! If to say na for Naija this one happen (E.g Moments with Mo), na live National T.V murder case we for dey talk about!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by oyinmama(f): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
berem: dashing of kids something is common with kids home or abroad, so dont point your fingers on Lagos kids alone. why are Lagos kids used as a reference sef? as far as am concerned, kids who live in lagos are the brightest compared to other states .that's the fact.

Says who please?
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by freecocoa(f): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
berem: hehehehe! abeg no try compare Onitsha kids to lagos kids. If you talk of kids who are wayward and are truants, Onitsha carry first.
Ehen now you come, so you see? Even for the bad things wey lagos kids sabi, onitsha kids sabi am pass.

If you want talk of children wey sabi book wella, check yoruba kids and igbo kids wey grow up for north.
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
berem: hehehehe! abeg no try compare Onitsha kids to lagos kids. If you talk of kids who are wayward and are truants, Onitsha carry first.
grin grin grin grin grin im not disagreeing
Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSq2sI5SMws
Ayyyyeeee, I remember this episode vividly. He landed one HOT slap on her face and she looked at him like "why would you do that to me? cry cry cry"

hahahahaha!! if I did that to my mom, na to go buy my coffin first before I slap her because she'll kill me before I say Jack Robinson.

He actually said to her "shut up, let me talk". You don't say that to my mom, she'll give you a bankhand slap that will throw you to Jupiter.

1 Like

Re: Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. by Erotex(m): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
They say "a good woman make a good home" so it depend on mother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age / Marriage Rules For The Digital Age / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.